You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

PUNTA CANA FAQ

Comments

• edited September 2014
    Yea sorry Tikay forgot about the airfare but that way still works out $542.83 more expensive.  I understand how business works and sky do it to make money which is understandable but that much markup on the package seems a bit over the top just my opinion of course.
  • edited September 2014
    In Response to Re: PUNTA CANA FAQ:
    Yea sorry Tikay forgot about the airfare but that way still works out $542.83 more expensive.  I understand how business works and sky do it to make money which is understandable but that much markup on the package seems a bit over the top just my opinion of course.
    Posted by bearlyther
    Yup, & I absolutely respect your opinion Conor, (& everyone else), I can only reply in line with the facts I have been briefed with.

All players, of course, have the option of buying the package direct for £ notes, & if anyone is not comfortable with the Sky Poker Package, they should not try to qualify. 

In comparing prices, though, be careful not to compare apples with beetroot. I'm pretty sure the Daily Punta Cana Freeroll on Sky Poker offers £333 worth of seats for free, (9 x £37) unless you count the required 20 Poker Points needed to enter.

So as you can see, its a bit awkward to just compare the bare basic numbers. Those Freerolls run 7 nights per week, (so 7 x £333 per week for x weeks) & I daresay (just guessing, don't quote me) there may well be Punta Cana "Promos" giving away packages, too. So I'm not abso sure the package is as bad financially you are suggesting. Multiply 7 x £333 x 4 weeks or whatever, & divide that by, say, 7 packages, & it don't look so bad then, does it? So no, in truth, I don't personally think any "excessive" profit is being made.

You may be right, of course. ;)

You could also say those Freerolls replace existing Freerolls which would have run anyway.

See how difficult it is to get a straight line comparision? The main thing though, which gives me comfort, is that everyone has the choice.  
  • edited September 2014
    Whatever peeps. Some people - show em roses and they smell fertilizer.

Its a package deal it says what you get - your decision to try and win it or not. 

If I didnt have a non-flexible work commitment on 5th Nov I would be going for this big time - even if it might cost a couple of hundred extra to take the deserving Mrs P along with me.

This time last year Mrs P was fighting for her life - so I may have a different perspective than some.

GL everyone. 
  • edited September 2014

Thanks for clearing up those issues, I feel a lot better about it now.

Will there be a skypoker presence out there like previously done with VLV?

• edited September 2014
    Thanks for clearing up those issues, I feel a lot better about it now. Will there be a skypoker presence out there like previously done with VLV?
    Posted by MattBates
    No worries at all Mr B, & I'm actually glad these questions were raised by you & others, both on here, & by numerous players who have written to me personally asking the same things.

In truth, we should have anticipated the questions & been pro-active, & made it clear that the Add-On thing, & the payout situation, has been arranged as described by me on thread this morning. We should have made that clear in the first place, fo sho. For balance, it's easy for you & me to stand on the sidelines & point fingers at who should have done what. It's not so easy in the hot seat though.  

There will not be anyone from Sky Poker at the venue, no, or not that I am aware, though there will be someone there appointed to look after our Package winners. Won't be me, for sure, I've been elected Chairman of my Allotment Society, & so I have to attend the AGM that week, proper big do that. I won "Best Turnip" you know.*

* There you go lads, volley that one in.

• edited September 2014
    I'm starting to understand why Viva las Vegas bit the dust!
    Poor old Tikay!
    The way forward is paved with good intentions.
    trouble is for every intention there are a dozen questions!
  • edited September 2014
    I'm starting to understand why Viva las Vegas bit the dust! Poor old Tikay! The way forward is paved with good intentions. trouble is for every intention there are a dozen questions!
    Posted by DUNMIDOSH
    Thanks Doshy,

I don't want to derail the Punta Cana threads but VLV is NOT dead, it is currently under consideration, I've been in several discussions this week about it. It's quite a complex thing these days with the existing, & incoming Gaming legislation being what it is.

If they find a way to do it, fully street legit, they will, if they don't, they wont.

The next Sky Poker UKPC is also in the mix, as are SPT's, all these things need to be balanced against each other, & a myriad of other considerations. 

Fingers crossed though, eh?   

• edited September 2014
    Can we have some clarification on the flights, I'd assume Sky has looked into the prices themselves, but as the package is for two and prices seem to be in the region of £600 each... the £800 isn't going to cover it. $1500 of hotel credits is great but must be tough going to spend that in a week, especially if you stay in the event for the majority of the trip. Some of it might be better used making sure the flight costs are covered.
    Posted by Lambert180
    I might be wrong and it could just be me, but I don't necessarily see the package as a 2 person thing. Yes, the accommodation is for 2 should the lucky winner want to bring someone, but I don't see the package on the whole as a winner +1 type thing. I see it more as the option to bring someone (at a small added expense) should you be lucky enough to bink. Who wants to take her indoors anyway?! ;)

I also wouldn't pay too much attention to the resort credits. It's not like Sky will be able to shave $500 off these and put towards flights, doesn't work like that. FWIW BA are offering holidays to this hotel next year, and they include $1000 resort credit. It's just a little sweetener from the hotel.
  • edited September 2014
    If I qualify can someone please pretend to be my doctor so I can get a week off work?
  • edited September 2014
    6 players are into this Sunday's Semi after last night's qualifiers, well done all. shawsok 3000 chicknMelt 3000 KINGMOOR 3000 HITMAN_RV 3000 Essexphil 3000 Ed46 3000
    Posted by Tikay10
    Boom!!!

Come On!!!

WP All!!

Many Thanks to Shawsok, who gave me exact bubble info in chat box late on, as i could not get lobby up at all!!

GL Lads!!

• edited September 2014
    In Response to Re: PUNTA CANA FAQ : I might be wrong and it could just be me, but I don't necessarily see the package as a 2 person thing. Yes, the accommodation is for 2 should the lucky winner want to bring someone, but I don't see the package on the whole as a winner +1 type thing. I see it more as the option to bring someone (at a small added expense) should you be lucky enough to bink. Who wants to take her indoors anyway?! ;) I also wouldn't pay too much attention to the resort credits. It's not like Sky will be able to shave $500 off these and put towards flights, doesn't work like that. FWIW BA are offering holidays to this hotel next year, and they include $1000 resort credit. It's just a little sweetener from the hotel.
    Posted by hhyftrftdr

HAHA wp that man :)
  • edited September 2014

A quieter night last night, maybe because of the CL football, so only 3 more qualified for Sunday's Semi Final, which now has 9 players, with 5 x £770 seats guaranteed.

shubling3000
    shawsok3000
    ginasfs3000
    chicknMelt3000
    anisman13000
    KINGMOOR3000
    HITMAN_RV3000
    Essexphil3000
    Ed463000
  • edited September 2014

Don't forget, in case you missed it whilst those details were being cleared up, that Freeroll runs SEVEN DAYS PER WEEK, & every one has NINE x £37 Semi Final Seats up for grabs. The entry "fee" is 20 Points in the preceding 24 hours, so there is about £10,000 worth of Freerolls  over the period of qualifying.

It runs at 7.30pm Monday to Saturday, & 5.30pm on Sundays.
  • edited September 2014
    A quieter night last night, maybe because of the CL football, so only 3 more qualified for Sunday's Semi Final, which now has 9 players, with 5 x £770 seats guaranteed. shubling 3000 shawsok 3000 ginasfs 3000 chicknMelt 3000 anisman1 3000 KINGMOOR 3000 HITMAN_RV 3000 Essexphil 3000 Ed46 3000
    Posted by Tikay10
    Sorry Tikay - I'm confused (doesn't take much I know!!).  Shouldn't there have been at least 5 or 6 additional qualifiers last night as I think the game had nearly 30 runners when I looked in lobby around 9.45pm?  If so how come there's only 3 qualifiers from last night?
  • edited September 2014
    In Response to Re: PUNTA CANA FAQ : Sorry Tikay - I'm confused (doesn't take much I know!!).  Shouldn't there have been at least 5 or 6 additional qualifiers last night as I think the game had nearly 30 runners when I looked in lobby around 9.45pm?  If so how come there's only 3 qualifiers from last night?
    Posted by IrishRose
    It's very likely that some of the 'qualifiers' were playing the satellite for cash so while they may have won a seat, they haven't actually increased the number of entrants in the target event.

I don't know this is the case, I didn't see who won seats, but that would be my guess.
  • edited September 2014
    In Response to Re: PUNTA CANA FAQ : It's very likely that some of the 'qualifiers' were playing the satellite for cash so while they may have won a seat, they haven't actually increased the number of entrants in the target event. I don't know this is the case, I didn't see who won seats, but that would be my guess.
    Posted by Lambert180
    Of course - penny just dropped - can't believe I didn't realise it lol.  For some reason I just forgot that this would work the same way as other tourneys.  I just assumed it was going to be 5 or 6 qualifiers per night to make the semi a large field.  Don't even know why I keep looking at this tourney as prob could never get the time off work at such short notice anyway (not to mention I'd prob need a divorce lawyer if I chose to go lol).
  • edited September 2014

Without getting into the whole 'sats for cash' debate again, I think it is a good thing that there is only ONE final for the packages for this. 

It would be nice to know how many (without naming them ofc) got in through the freeroll/cheap sats and binked a package compared to those who just booked their place.
  • edited September 2014
    Without getting into the whole 'sats for cash' debate again, I think it is a good thing that there is only ONE final for the packages for this.  It would be nice to know how many (without naming them ofc) got in through the freeroll/cheap sats and binked a package compared to those who just booked their place.
    Posted by MAXALLY
    As far as I know, Alan, there will NOT be a facility to buy in direct to the Final UNTIL the week or day of the Final. There is certainly no such facility at present for the Punta Cana thing. 
  • edited September 2014
    It should also be mentioned that no-one has (at least as yet) pre-registered for the semi, so everyone intends playing it, so there is no "sats for cash" at present. There were also only about 20 in the qual last night
  • edited September 2014
    Without getting into the whole 'sats for cash' debate again, I think it is a good thing that there is only ONE final for the packages for this.  It would be nice to know how many (without naming them ofc) got in through the freeroll/cheap sats and binked a package compared to those who just booked their place.
    Posted by MAXALLY

D'oh!

• edited September 2014

There are now sweet sixteen qualified for the first Semi-Final this Sunday, well done them.

shubling3000
    shawsok3000
    s_half93000
    prody3000
    kimpet3000
    ginasfs3000
    chicknMelt3000
    anisman13000
    VGOOCH3000
    MELLOR853000
    KINGMOOR3000
    Jonno023000
    HITMAN_RV3000
    Essexphil3000
    Ed463000
    72off5uit3000
  • edited September 2014

The first weekly Semi-Final is TONIGHT, with FIVE SEATS GUARANTEED, & it will be shown on Ch 861.

The players below are in already, & there will be satellites galore today.

Don't forget, the single daily Qtr Final, usually @ 19.15, is replaced today with TWO quarter Finals, at 14.15 & 19.15, & they BOTH have 2 seats guaranteed to tonighht's Semi-Final. 

72off5uit3000
    anisman13000
    chicknMelt3000
    Ed463000
    Essexphil3000
    F_Ivanovic3000
    ginasfs3000
    HITMAN_RV3000
    Jonno023000
    Karaoke3000
    kimpet3000
    KINGMOOR3000
    lundie3000
    MELLOR853000
    mike28773000
    PIKKUMIES3000
    prody3000
    ra1d3000
    shawsok3000
    shubling3000
    s_half93000
    TommyD3000
    VGOOCH3000
  • edited September 2014

5 seats were guaranteed last night, & the following 5 all got into the final.......
    Fortunatus28491.501Punta Cana Final
    72off5uit232762Punta Cana Final
    Jonno0214032.503Punta Cana Final
    HITMAN_RV78904Punta Cana Final
    rndmmuppet73105Punta Cana Final
    Ben Nuttall was Mr Seat Bubble, but even he got a very handy £308.

Melty was Mr Money Bubble, & he got....well, ziilch. Ul melty.
  • edited September 2014

So there are now ELEVEN qualified for the Final on Sunday October 19th......

shawsok4000
    s_half94000
    rndmmuppet4000
    ra1d4000
    anisman14000
    TommyD4000
    Sir-Gary4000
    Jonno024000
    HITMAN_RV4000
    Fortunatus4000
    72off5uit4000
  • edited September 2014

Note also a new cash game based Promo starts tomorrow (30th September) which has FOUR Guaranteed packages each worth £3,500, PLUS £15,000 of prizes on top, so neary £30,000 worth in total.

Deets are
    HERE

So in total, ELEVEN Punta Cana packages ( = £39,500) + £15,000 of cash prizes are up for grabs.

If you intend to give it a whirl, good luck.
  • edited September 2014
    Any chance of a midweek semi into the final. It's difficult even to find one Sunday to play never mind 2.
  • edited September 2014
    Any chance of a midweek semi into the final. It's difficult even to find one Sunday to play never mind 2.
    Posted by GELDY
    I would doubt it geldy, especially as they seem to be going along OK & meeting the Guarantees, but I'll certainly ask the question.
  • edited September 2014
    Hi Tikay, could you possibly look into the questions on the sticky'd Punta Cana Cash Kings FAQ thread asap please...

You've said above it's 4 packages and the promo page says the same in the text.... but there are 5 tiers and 5 packages showing. Is this just because the 5th package is for Prio members only so not available to all so they've called it 4? Looks like 5 packages to me in the promo page.

Also, I'm not priority at the moment (didn't get 10k points in Aug) but I will have 10k points in Sept which means I'm prio for Oct... does this mean I take part in the Prio tier? I'd assume it does because 99% of the promo takes place in Oct but there's some confusion because the promo says it starts on 30th Sept so not sure if it will be based on your Sept status.

Thanks
    Paul
  • edited September 2014
    Hi Tikay, could you possibly look into the questions on the sticky'd Punta Cana Cash Kings FAQ thread asap please... You've said above it's 4 packages and the promo page says the same in the text.... but there are 5 tiers and 5 packages showing. Is this just because the 5th package is for Prio members only so not available to all so they've called it 4? Looks like 5 packages to me in the promo page. Also, I'm not priority at the moment (didn't get 10k points in Aug) but I will have 10k points in Sept which means I'm prio for Oct... does this mean I take part in the Prio tier? I'd assume it does because 99% of the promo takes place in Oct but there's some confusion because the promo says it starts on 30th Sept so not sure if it will be based on your Sept status. Thanks Paul
    Posted by Lambert180
    Hi Paul,

I believe that question has been referred to Marketing, (
    HERE ) who will, presumably, reply today.

For belt & braces, I've sent the threads Upstairs this morning, too.

It does not start until tomorrow, so hopefully it'll be clarified before then.
  • edited September 2014
    In Response to Re: PUNTA CANA FAQ : Hi Paul, I believe that question has been referred to Marketing, ( HERE ) who will, presumably, reply today. For belt & braces, I've sent the threads Upstairs this morning, too. It does not start until tomorrow, so hopefully it'll be clarified before then.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Tikay, they've clarified one part of it, but not the other (regarding prio?) - would be nice to know soon!