You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Tuesday Night Live with Rich, Stu Rutter, Paul Jackson and Lynne Beaumont ***show thread and last lo

edited October 2014 in Poker Chat

"Sky Poker TV LIVE this Tuesday 29th Sep"

Never mind me scaring kids, I mean, really, you can't get the staff.

Without me, you are like Hinge without Bracket.

Comments

• edited September 2014

Hey all!

What can you expect from your next live show on Channel 861?

This.

Sky Poker TV LIVE this Tuesday 30th Sep from 7pm. With...

Richard Orford!

Stu Utterly Rutterly!

(And yes, I will be asking him why he's practically bottom of the Sky Poker fantasy 

football league.)

And... not one, but TWO special guests!

British poker legend PAUL JACKSON!

...and UK poker pro LYNNE BEAUMONT!

Time and again, you guys tell us what a superb guest Paul Jackson 

is and how brilliant he is at explaining difficult concepts in poker.

And Lynne is making her debut, hot off the back of a final table 

appearance in the Monster Stack at this year's WSOP, taking down 

over a quarter of million dollars.

So, make sure you get your questions in to them.

Everyone who has a question or comment read out on air or a hand 

request played will go in the hat, from which at the end of the night 

we'll draw out a couple of Turbo Open seats for next week.

And of course, we'll still be running our weekly main event Last 

Longer

Let us know you want in...the prize this week is a Punta Cana 

Quarter Final satellite seat for Wednesday night.

There you have it then- stick us on the TV or stream us via the 

website.

Or, if you have an iPad or iPhone, via the free Sky Poker app

And I'll leave you with the official lineup and look forward to 

seeing you Tuesday night at 7. 

7pm  The final table of Sunday night's £30K Super Roller

8pm The live opening stages of this week's 

Turbo main event

9pm Live action from the Mastercash tables 

10pm Live action from the SNG tables 

11pm The final stages of the £5K Turbo Open.

• edited September 2014
    Yep, I can see the resemblance...

• edited September 2014

"11pm The final stages of the £5K Sky Sports Bounty Hunter."

You need a PA mate. Is it because WBA won and your head is in the clouds today?
  • edited September 2014

> Maxy.

Let's wait & see what excuse Lord Smirk comes up with this time.

• edited September 2014

Looking forward to seeing Paul Jackson (not the diary writer) on the show. He explains stuff so simple even I can understand.

Can I ask Paul if he is still staking/coaching players and what advantages that brings in for both him and the player?
  • edited September 2014
    In Response to Tuesday Night Live with Rich, Stu Rutter, Paul Jackson and Lynne Beaumont ***show thread and last longer entry form***:
    Hey all! Your next live show 'tis the night before Halloween. 
    Posted by RICHORFORD
    That's a long time to wait, Halloween being the 31st October?
  • edited September 2014
    Hi Rich   (Last Longer Please)

As you are aware, I usually watch the show every Tuesday and participate in the "I don't Last Very Longer" competition........however, I was initially very excited to see "Paul Jackson" on your guest list............

"Wow......Paul Jackson (JAC35) winner of SPT Birmingham?" this is awsome errrr............oh its not the same Paul Jackson in the photo.............well, you can't imagine how disappointed I was :)

Still.........that other Jackson fellow you've got on the show must know a thing or two I suspect :)

ps. Can he still "Moonwalk" or is that another jackson i'm thinking of? :)

Have a Great show

pps. Please say Hi to Rutterly & Butterly errr I mean Beaumont. (Love your work Lynne) have a great debut.
  • edited September 2014
    Now Rich is scaring me. 
    You read about these famous meltdowns on screen. is this what we are about to see here? 

And +1 to trev's observation. Paul NTPP Jackson would have been a great guest following on from the small one and the joined ones we could have had the amusing but with a little moan one. Oh well next time maybe. 

• edited September 2014
    In Response to Re: Tuesday Night Live with Rich, Stu Rutter, Paul Jackson and Lynne Beaumont ***show thread and last longer entry form***:
    "11pm  The final stages of the £5K Sky Sports Bounty Hunter." You need a PA mate. Is it because WBA won and your head is in the clouds today?
    Posted by MAXALLY
    It's exactly because West Brom won.

And it's why it's the first mistake I've made in about 3 years. The next one will come when West Brom next win. ETA 2017.

You're right though, I do need a PA. I nominate Tikay. I see him as sort of my assistant on the show as it is...
  • edited September 2014
    In Response to Re: Tuesday Night Live with Rich, Stu Rutter, Paul Jackson and Lynne Beaumont ***show thread and last longer entry form***:
    In Response to Tuesday Night Live with Rich, Stu Rutter, Paul Jackson and Lynne Beaumont ***show thread and last longer entry form*** : That's a long time to wait, Halloween being the 31st October?
    Posted by Phantom66

Yeah, getting the 30th and 31st mixed up was one thing. Confusing tomorrow night's main event was also an easy mistake to make.

But thinking it was Halloween a MONTH early?

No excuses, I've lost the plot.
  • edited September 2014
    In Response to Re: Tuesday Night Live with Rich, Stu Rutter, Paul Jackson and Lynne Beaumont ***show thread and last longer entry form*** : Yeah, getting the 30th and 31st mixed up was one thing. Confusing tomorrow night's main event was also an easy mistake to make. But thinking it was Halloween a MONTH early? No excuses, I've lost the plot.
    Posted by RICHORFORD
    Who Cares.......4 - 0 Whoop Whoop... Life doesn't get any better than that :)
  • edited September 2014
    In Response to Re: Tuesday Night Live with Rich, Stu Rutter, Paul Jackson and Lynne Beaumont ***show thread and last longer entry form*** : Who Cares.......4 - 0 Whoop Whoop... Life doesn't get any better than that :)
    Posted by POKERTREV

We are 10th! We are 10th! (repeat to fade)
  • edited September 2014
    In Response to Re: Tuesday Night Live with Rich, Stu Rutter, Paul Jackson and Lynne Beaumont ***show thread and last longer entry form*** : Yeah, getting the 30th and 31st mixed up was one thing. Confusing tomorrow night's main event was also an easy mistake to make. But thinking it was Halloween a MONTH early? No excuses, I've lost the plot.
    Posted by RICHORFORD
    Yes very surprised the other pedants (steady - that does not mean they are on a register somewhere) hadn't picked up on your biggest mistake.

Me and Mrs P were most offended by that one - 31st October is a big night in the Phantom household.

PS Alan Irvine - bet you weren't overly impressed when he was appointed? Always thought he did well in the circumstances at Preston and was unfairly despatched - the mob that followed on eventually seeing us demoted. Anyone who got us into the playoffs David Moyes, Billy Davies and Alan were definitely punching above their weight.
  • edited September 2014

LOL. I deliberately didn't mention the OBVIOUS mistake of his Halloween 'howler' as I thought it was Richard's elaborate  way of getting folk to post up on his thread, and he did it for that purpose. I really didn't think he had made that glaring mistake.....then again, he supports WBA #caseclosed
  • edited September 2014
    In Response to Re: Tuesday Night Live with Rich, Stu Rutter, Paul Jackson and Lynne Beaumont ***show thread and last longer entry form*** : Yes very surprised the other pedants (steady - that does not mean they are on a register somewhere) hadn't picked up on your biggest mistake. Me and Mrs P were most offended by that one - 31st October is a big night in the Phantom household. PS Alan Irvine - bet you weren't overly impressed when he was appointed? Always thought he did well in the circumstances at Preston and was unfairly despatched - the mob that followed on eventually seeing us demoted. Anyone who got us into the playoffs David Moyes, Billy Davies and Alan were definitely punching above their weight.
    Posted by Phantom66

Lol- yeah hands up. I had a full-on brainmelt.

Alan Irvine is winning me over. He didn't come with the biggest pedigree ever, but he's got on with it and the team has gelled pretty quickly, considering we bought more players than anyone else over the summer.

Before I get too carried away though, it's only 3 wins in a week (one in the League Cup against a second-string Hull side and one at home to arguably the worst team in the league
    who were particularly poor that day (sorry Mr and Mrs Bromley!) We haven't suddenly become Champions League contenders. Yet.

The away win at Spurs was class though. Can't argue with that.
  • edited September 2014
    LOL. I deliberately didn't mention the OBVIOUS mistake of his Halloween 'howler' as I thought it was Richard's elaborate  way of getting folk to post up on his thread, and he did it for that purpose. I really didn't think he had made that glaring mistake.....then again, he supports WBA #caseclosed
    Posted by MAXALLY

I hope this doesn't happen again around Christmas. I've got enough on my plate in February as it is...
  • edited September 2014
    lol Richard made a bigger mistake than i ever will,he has made my day,Richard you are simply the best,:):):):)
  • edited September 2014

Richard Christmas Day will be on the 25th of December,:):):)

• edited September 2014
    Last longer please and like MAXALLY I would be very interested to hear Paul discussing staking, so if you could bring it up with him that would be great... If I were to get a free ticket for the Punta Cana QTR for being drawn out of the hat after simply repeating MAXALLY'S request that would be even greater...If you could put a word in for me with Paul and get me some live staking that would be even Greaterer!!

Looking forward to the show. Top guests.
  • edited September 2014
    Excellent input so far. Let's rack up the questions for Paul, Lynne and Stu so we get the best out of them. 

And don't forget that Punta Cana quarter seat for one lucky question/comment writer tonight!
  • edited September 2014
    Hi 
    Couple of questions for Paul

Do you ever get fed up when you sit at the table and people are disappointed that it's you and not the Paul Jackson who writes a diary on Sky?
    And
    Can I have my min cash from the recent UKPC back please? If you know the other Paul Jackson who was credited with SPT Birmingham last year, can you ask him to give me that one back as well please?
    It would be nice to get my Hendon Mob cashes up to err....2!

• edited September 2014
    Hi  Couple of questions for Paul Do you ever get fed up when you sit at the table and people are disappointed that it's you and not the Paul Jackson who writes a diary on Sky? And Can I have my min cash from the recent UKPC back please? If you know the other Paul Jackson who was credited with SPT Birmingham last year, can you ask him to give me that one back as well please? It would be nice to get my Hendon Mob cashes up to err....2!
    Posted by Jac35

I had best explain that for Orford, who, as  we now know, (Happy Halloween & Orford Straights) is not exactly the sharpest knife in the draw.

"Jac35" goes by the name of "Paul Jackson", or, to his friends, "Paul Not The Poker Player Jackson".
  • edited September 2014
    Looks like a Brummietastic line up tonight.  I hope the green room is well stocked with Bovril and baltis tonight, assuming it has been cleared of Mrs Bromleys spare shoes that she brought for Sundays show ;)

I always learn something new every time Stuart and Paul are on.  IMHO, they are the best analyst and guest combination and this combined with Richard, the best male Sky Poker presenter, we have a winning combination tonight :)

I am a low stakes MTT player looking to transition to low stakes cash after a few failed attempts.  What are the best tips the panel can give me to help me succeed like a toothless budgie this time.

In for the last longer too please and have a great show
  • edited September 2014
    Looks like a Brummietastic line up tonight.  I hope the green room is well stocked with Bovril and baltis tonight, assuming it has been cleared of Mrs Bromleys spare shoes that she brought for Sundays show ;) I always learn something new every time Stuart and Paul are on.  IMHO, they are the best analyst and guest combination and this combined with Richard, the best male Sky Poker presenter, we have a winning combination tonight :) I am a low stakes MTT player looking to transition to low stakes cash after a few failed attempts.  What are the best tips the panel can give me to help me succeed like a toothless budgie this time. In for the last longer too please and have a great show
    Posted by cenachav
    Will there be subtitles for those who cannot understand the accent?

Question for Paul,

Just like his thoughts on Ladies playing poker and how we can encourage more.
    Cheers

Oh and does he support Villa or Small Heath?
  • edited September 2014

question for lynne after your monster cash at such a big event what has been like dealing with the extra attention that you must be getting compared too when you have won smaller tournaments?

Also what was it like when you realised that you just hit the biggest score in your poker career? esspecially that amount? i get butterflys on the bubble off a £100 gtd :@)

have a great show guys.
  • edited September 2014
    Looks like a Brummietastic line up tonight.  I hope the green room is well stocked with Bovril and baltis tonight, assuming it has been cleared of Mrs Bromleys spare shoes that she brought for Sundays show ;) I always learn something new every time Stuart and Paul are on.  IMHO, they are the best analyst and guest combination and this combined with Richard, the best male Sky Poker presenter, we have a winning combination tonight :) I am a low stakes MTT player looking to transition to low stakes cash after a few failed attempts.  What are the best tips the panel can give me to help me succeed like a toothless budgie this time. In for the last longer too please and have a great show
    Posted by cenachav
    Was going to call you a suck up until I realised that was actually damning with faint praise.
  • edited September 2014
    In Response to Re: Tuesday Night Live with Rich, Stu Rutter, Paul Jackson and Lynne Beaumont ***show thread and last longer entry form*** : I had best explain that for Orford, who, as  we now know, (Happy Halloween & Orford Straights) is not exactly the sharpest knife in the draw.   "Jac35" goes by the name of "Paul Jackson", or, to his friends, "Paul Not The Poker Player Jackson".
    Posted by Tikay10
    Talking of mistakes I managed to get the word "Orfordesque" into my latest diary post

https://www.skypoker.com/secure/poker/sky_lobby?action=show_static&page=poker_community_forums&plckForumPage=ForumDiscussion&plckDiscussionId=Cat%3a57795ac2-1793-4377-b4cf-e124b0f555f4Forum%3adf77f82c-151f-4bea-aae1-fb423dcae1faDiscussion%3a9da2c77c-d4cd-47c5-9707-264952d25bc4&plckCurrentPage=1
  • edited September 2014
    Just seen i'm entered in the Main tonight - not sure how thats happened but its my first one !
    GL me :-)

• edited September 2014
    Just seen i'm entered in the Main tonight - not sure how thats happened but its my first one ! GL me :-)
    Posted by VespaPX
    You won a seat on the show last Tuesday... good luck! Don't forget to enter the last longer!!!
  • edited September 2014
    In Response to Re: Tuesday Night Live with Rich, Stu Rutter, Paul Jackson and Lynne Beaumont ***show thread and last longer entry form*** : You won a seat on the show last Tuesday... good luck! Don't forget to enter the last longer!!!
    Posted by Sky_Louis
    Cheers Louis
    I cant go to Punta Cana so not much point entering the LL.

I'll play the mini for the Jackpot :-)