You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

skypoker 0% reliable 100% of the time

edited January 2010 in Community Help & Advice
mr reliable Small blind  10.00 10.00 1530.00
Number13 Big blind  20.00 30.00 1960.00
  Your hole cards
  • A
  • J

Rolexman Fold     
PolarStu Call  20.00 50.00 2030.00
Rattious Call  20.00 70.00 2440.00
OSPREY812 Call  20.00 90.00 1950.00
mr reliable Call  10.00 100.00 1520.00
Number13 Check     
Flop

• A

mr reliable Bet  160.00 260.00 1360.00
Number13 Fold     
PolarStu Call  160.00 420.00 1870.00
Rattious Fold     
OSPREY812 Fold     
Turn

• Q

mr reliable Check     
PolarStu Bet  100.00 520.00 1770.00
mr reliable Fold     
PolarStu Muck     
PolarStu Win  520.00  2290.00
was asked to post this on behalf of another player, he wants to remain anonymous but wants to point out that he is deeply unhappy that this happened and cant remain a sky poker player untill sky admit they have serious connection problems and stop blaming their customers for stuff like this, also the site needs a downloadable client as the site is terrible at the moment

Comments

• edited January 2010
    been playing 4 or 5 sites for the last 3 years and it goes without saying this is the most "technically" inept site by a long long way..do people really use it as their main site?  eek.
  • edited January 2010
    I have been playing a lot of MTT's this weekend and haven't had any connection problems with the site, could it be down to phone/ISP problems caused by the bad weather.
  • edited January 2010

sorry are you saying that the check and fold on river were down to the connection?
    agree about the connection problems havent played since friday night but my wife played dyms yesterday and today said problem was constant.its a big shame because all the good work and exellent comunity building are constantly let down by continous technical problems ruining games.
    this issue MUST be sorted soon im only a low stakes mtt player but i dont bother playing when these problems start as they usually last a couple of days and end in the site completly crashing

• edited January 2010
    I must admit, I've had also had some disconnection problems over the last couple of days which I don't usually get. Also noticed that in the last 48 hours in particular, the tables seem to take an age to load as well.
  • edited January 2010
    I don't have connection problems but today has been so slow on Sky. Forum refuses to update and when I entered 2 mtts earlier this evening I couldn't get the second table to load for 10 minutes. Immediately afterwards I switched to another site and it's been fine all night. IE has given no probs and my browser is as clean as a whistle.

I can't speak of other times but this afternoon/tonight something was amiss for sure.
  • edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: skypoker 0% reliable 100% of the time:
    I have been playing a lot of MTT's this weekend and haven't had any connection problems with the site, could it be down to phone/ISP problems caused by the bad weather.
    Posted by Kiwini4u
    sorry m8 but when she was playing on a table with 4 out of 6 being constantly disconnected its got to be a site problem im wirelessly watching nfl on sky player,writing this and shopping on ebay simultainiously and not having a single problem i play 1 mtt with 1 window open and im logged off disconnected.
  • edited January 2010
    Can't see why he wants to remain anonymous, I've been shouting about the sites unreliability for a year--sky can easily find out who he is from the hand shown, so why does he not want us to know--- what is he scared of?--- sky Rich perhaps?--lol
  • edited January 2010
    ha i posted a blog bowt this, i entered a 5 pound HU and it didnt let me see a hand and with 500 chips left i contacted sky customer service and all they said was delete browsing history and i was thinking whats the POINT lol lost 2000 chips without seeing a hand only reason i come on here now is to chat
  • edited January 2010
    i can multi table 10 tables at a time on fulltilt or pokerstars this i cant get 1 to work hardly eva lol the chat blog forum is best bar none though
  • edited January 2010
    The technical team can't put a foot wrong imo----because I firmly believe they are completely legless
  • edited January 2010
    The technical team can't put a foot wrong imo----because I firmly believe they are completely legless
    Posted by oynutter
    lol, thats all
  • edited January 2010
    I wonder if skybet are offering odds on whether the download version will work?

ps--hi oz
  • edited January 2010
    Well--- I suppose we will have to give them the benefit of the doubt on that one, as I've yet to hear about a download version that dos'nt work---and they have been working on it for over a year---lol
  • edited January 2010
    lol think you would get great odds pmsl 50 to 1 outsider init :)
  • edited January 2010
    Posted by Kiwini4u
    ah thats the problem bad weather,

lol right ,

seriously do ,

i being on pokerstars today,

played 7  double ups simultaneously,

which opens up 7 poker loby windows automatically,

so had 14 windows open,

had no probs what so ever .

now the funny part lol,

i decided to play a freeroll on skypoker on its own,

nothing else open in my laptop,

i had to reload sky pokersite twice,

and then upload freeroll 5 times to play,

pmsl

roborover

• edited January 2010
    lol--every single time someone opens a thread saying they are having problems with the tables, someone else chimes up and says they have been playing loads of games, and had no problems at all---question is

are we floppin bovvered?---do we need to know that there is someone on the site that had no problems?

answers on a postage stamp please
  • edited January 2010
    wrong kind of snow
  • edited January 2010
    Why do i get aces everytime my connection is playing up????? lol (said in a jokey way but honestly i had them fold twice yesterday in lesser tournies and once in the primo
  • edited January 2010
    WOULD THIS ALSO EXPLAIN WHY THIS HAPPENS TO SKY POKER WHEN

1 ITS SUNNY
    2 ITS CLOUDY
    3 ITS RAINING
    4 ITS NOT RAINING
    5 IT MIGHT RAIN LATER
    6 ITS A BIT WINDY
    7 ITS A BIT MORE WINDY
    8 ITS A JEWISH PUDLIC HOLIDAY
    9 DURING RAMADAN
    10 ALL THE CHUFFING TIME

WILL LEAVE MY CENTRAL HEATING ON DONT WANT MY BROADBAND PIPEY THING TO BURST ALL OVER THE SH*G PILE
  • edited January 2010

Hi everyone,

We have received quite a few reports from various regions regarding outages due to the bad weather.

This has also been confirmed with certain service providers, which are currently looking into the matter. The problem may be related with the ISPs’ getting the relevant technical teams out to the various regions.

May I also suggest that players check with the service provider to confirm if they are experiencing the same sort of problems in your region.

Thank you for your understanding and keep warm ;-)

Sky Poker Mod

• edited January 2010
    hey guys,

i'm really sorry to hear about the reported issues in this thread. if you could provide a little more detail one of the team may be able to look into things for you.

the specifics of your issue, dates/ times, browsers used, operating systems, your computers specs (RAM etc) are all useful.

i see the Sky Poker Download was also touched upon. i can't be too specific with this but a release time of February/ March seems likely.

thanks everyone.
  • edited January 2010
    my details--I got a computer
    It works fine on every other page in the world

hope this helps
  • edited January 2010
    my details--I got a computer It works fine on every other page in the world hope this helps
    Posted by oynutter
    I'm sorry Nutter but in order for Sky to check into the problem you will need to list every webpage that you have ever visited, the time of day and what colour socks you were wearing at the time.  Hope this helps.
  • edited January 2010
    To be honest kiwi-- I don't care if sky look into the problem or not---they know what the problem is---the whole site is unreliable---the only thing that might solve it is the download version, so I'm just waiting for that before I risk playing my serious poker here
  • edited January 2010
    To be honest kiwi-- I don't care if sky look into the problem or not---they know what the problem is---the whole site is unreliable---the only thing that might solve it is the download version, so I'm just waiting for that before I risk playing my serious poker here
    Posted by oynutter
    I REALLY feel for you and the others who are having all these problems, mine have only been minor things like the table rotation glitch, at least so far lol.

I hope that Sky get it right soon for ALL their players.