You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

November UKOPS Q & A

2»

Comments

• edited October 2014
    In Response to Re: November UKOPS Q & A:
    Ooh, some UKOPS FREEROLL news...... There will be daily Freerolls as follows....... ·          7.00pm - £400 freeroll, 10 points since midday (7 hours) criteria and feed 12 players into the £25k UKOPS High Roller Semi at 9.15pm. (5 minute blinds)                                                                                       ·          7.15pm - £200 freeroll,  5 points since midday (7 hours 15 minutes) criteria and feed 12 players into the £40k UKOPS ME Semi at 9.45pm. (Turbo, 3 minute blinds)  
    Posted by Tikay10

Played last night's FREEROLL Main Event Semi Final. 165 runners. I smashed it!

https://www.skypoker.com/img/site/tabs.png') 0px -2325px" scope="col">Prize

evelyn195674532.501£40k UKOPS ME Semi
    OXBOWLER55763.752£40k UKOPS ME Semi
    HurriKane45102.503£40k UKOPS ME Semi
    andrew194740013.754£40k UKOPS ME Semi
    gpc70381755£40k UKOPS ME Semi
    JJJOHNSON251606£40k UKOPS ME Semi
    sjl197323638.757£40k UKOPS ME Semi
    CHIZ183758£40k UKOPS ME Semi
    passit9238.759£40k UKOPS ME Semi
    MAXALLY010
  • edited October 2014

Looking forward to the week, and will be playing a few sats/freerolls to the bigger games. Hope there will be plenty of AIPF sats too......esp to the HR.
  • edited October 2014
    Satted into the 40k main from circa £5 last night...fully intending to play at first but lost my nerve and took the cash for now (10th of my bankroll). Does anyone fancy talking me into playing the event anyway?  Will try and sat in again.
  • edited October 2014
    Satted into the 40k main from circa £5 last night...fully intending to play at first but lost my nerve and took the cash for now (10th of my bankroll). Does anyone fancy talking me into playing the event anyway?  Will try and sat in again.
    Posted by jimb0d1
    Up to you Jim, but if you got in for free, it'd be THE best value Tourney you'll ever play. Literally, a Freeroll, but one with a whopping amount of prize money. 

If it were me, & I freerolled a seat, I'd play it.

• edited October 2014
    In Response to Re: November UKOPS Q & A : Played last night's FREEROLL Main Event Semi Final. 165 runners. I smashed it! https://www.skypoker.com/img/site/tabs.png ') 0px -2325px" scope="col"> Prize         evelyn1956 74532.50 1 £40k UKOPS ME Semi OXBOWLER 55763.75 2 £40k UKOPS ME Semi HurriKane 45102.50 3 £40k UKOPS ME Semi andrew1947 40013.75 4 £40k UKOPS ME Semi gpc70 38175 5 £40k UKOPS ME Semi JJJOHNSON 25160 6 £40k UKOPS ME Semi sjl1973 23638.75 7 £40k UKOPS ME Semi CHIZ 18375 8 £40k UKOPS ME Semi passit 9238.75 9 £40k UKOPS ME Semi MAXALLY 0 10
    Posted by MAXALLY
    Oucho......
  • edited October 2014

There are, & will continue to be, a ton of changes to the Freeroll schedules in the next few weeks, so many I am getting confused myself, not that it takes much to confuse me these days.  

I will try & keep you updated, but the best & easiest way to keep track is to visit the Freeroll Tab in the Poker Lobby, where they are all listed.

One change I have just been informed of refers to the daily £2k Bounty Hunter Freeroll which runs (ran...) at 6pm daily & awarded £10 x £11 Entries. 

For the next few days - it will be reviewed on Monday - this will now feed into the nightly UKOPS Main Event Semi-Final @ 9.45pm, & FOUR seats will be awarded.   

• edited October 2014
    Nice work Tikay.  Going to be a fun week.
  • edited October 2014
    Each night will include a Rebuy Event, & on Tuesday & Wednesday there will be TWO Rebuy Events.   In each case, unlimited Rebuys when equal or below starting stack for the first x (varies) minutes, so you may take, if you wish, an immediate Rebuy.   When the Rebuy period closes, there will be a DOUBLE STACK add-on available.   Rebuys & Add-Ons will NOT incur a reg fee, only the initial buy-in has a reg fee.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Can I safely assume that it is a double original starting stack add-on and not an add-on to double whatever stack you have?  Also good to see that the rebuys and add-ons will be reg fee free.  Any chance of introducing this into the normal games if it is a success in UKOPS?
  • edited October 2014
    In Response to Re: November UKOPS Q & A : Can I safely assume that it is a double original starting stack add-on and not an add-on to double whatever stack you have?  Also good to see that the rebuys and add-ons will be reg fee free.  Any chance of introducing this into the normal games if it is a success in UKOPS?
    Posted by cenachav
    Good luck with that ;)
  • edited October 2014
    Are there any plans to have a Forum DTD style overall competion/leaderboard?
    I'd definitely be more inclined to multitable the tournaments if there was an awesome prize!
  • edited October 2014
    In Response to Re: November UKOPS Q & A : Hi Geldy, I believe that was an error/typo & it SHOULD have said...... "...on Day 1 ".   It will be rectified this morning, I've sent a note Upstairs making them aware. Thanks for pointing it out.  
    Posted by Tikay10
    Yo Gelders,

I was busy elsewhere yesterday, at the Moorman Book Launch thing (boo, had to miss my PLO8 sesion last night!) so I was unable to chase this further yesterday.

I did send the question upstairs yesterday, but I've not received a reply yet, so I've chased it this morning.

I should add, they are all a bit busy right now, what with UKOPS, & some other future stuff which is in the pipeline. Good stuff. ;)

Bear with me please, I am sure it will be rectified shortly, but be assured, the High Roller is Day ONE, not Day Five.  Just guessing, but in previous UKOPS, the High Roller was always on Day 5, so I imagine they just omitted to change the previous "template". As it happens, I am very pleased the High Roller has moved to a Sunday - personally, I think it very much belongs there, that is the typical "High Rollers grind" night.
  • edited October 2014
    In Response to Re: November UKOPS Q & A : Think I get your drift there Gelders. I would assume it would be the "usual" Sky Poker rules, but I'm going to ask the question, just to be sure. I'll confirm later. EDIT - have now sent an e-Mail asking for clarification. I would expect a reply this morning.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Same reply!

I've chased it this morning.

However.....

By looking at Sharkscope results of last night's UKOPS Main Event Satellite, I can see it had 17 runners & paid three seats (£110 each). 4th place, ("cazzie58") appears to have received £44 for 4th place, so it would seem the "excess cash" in UKOPS X1 Satellites is being paid the "traditional" way.

That, pretty much, answers the question I think.

• edited October 2014

Yo again Gelders. 

No sooner I replied as above, then the Office replied to me.

The "excess cash" in UKOPS X1 Satellites will be as I indicated above - it will be awarded in the traditional way to those who bubble.

The Tournament Lobby blurb for the High Roller Semi now correctly indicates "Day 1".

I want to keep UKOPS X1 & the Punta Cana satellite "excess cash" things seperate, so I'll reply on the other thread as to the Punta Cana thing.

• edited October 2014
    Nice work Tikay.  Going to be a fun week.
    Posted by 1267
    I hope so, I really love the buzz that comes from these UKOPS fessies.

OK, it's not 'Stars, with zillions up top, but some of their fields attract tens of thousands of runners, so at least with UKOPS, we know the field sizes are manageable, & we all have a shot at a decent cash without playing until 7am or whatever.

This time of year is my favourite time for Online poker, as traffic increases & the site traffic revs up. 

UKOPS is just the start, too, there is plenty of other excellent stufff in the old pipeline.

Jeez, sometimes I just hate being so old, & knowing that my working life is inevitably approaching the end-game, I just love the buzz. 

Anyway, I hope you enjoy it, & make a few deep runs.
  • edited October 2014

So, back to business.

NINE players are in this Sunday's High Roller Semi so far, well done them.....

darsum3333000
    Dave4883000
    graywalker3000
    kgee3000
    kimpet3000
    MISTY4ME3000
    Nutter59323000
    robio13000
    tripkin843000
  • edited October 2014

Meanwhile, the UKOPS X1 Main Event on Sunday 9th November noe has 8 runners. Just another 392 needed then.

bearlyther10000
    durie10000
    Essexphil10000
    HITMAN_RV10000
    passit10000
    POKEY201110000
    sjl197310000
    TommyD10000
  • edited October 2014
    In Response to Re: November UKOPS Q & A : Good luck with that ;)
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    Don't ask, don't get.  Worth the question right at the start and not after UKOPS finishes :)
  • edited October 2014
    In Response to Re: November UKOPS Q & A : Don't ask, don't get.  Worth the question right at the start and not after UKOPS finishes :)
    Posted by cenachav
    Ha!

T & C's are there for a reason. Few of us bother to read them, but we ought to.

Now I suppose I had better answer your question, even though I fancy it it falls squarely under rhetorical.
  • edited October 2014
    In Response to Re: November UKOPS Q & A : Can I safely assume that it is a double original starting stack add-on and not an add-on to double whatever stack you have?  Also good to see that the rebuys and add-ons will be reg fee free.  Any chance of introducing this into the normal games if it is a success in UKOPS?
    Posted by cenachav
    1) You most certainly can. If it was double the stack a player actually has, it would be unfair on the likes of Maxally, who never has any, or Batesy, who is always short. 

2) Reg Fees on Rebuys, away from UKOPS? Lol, I'm not getting involved in that one! It's a weird thing that Sky Poker do that differently to other sites, I agree. It does not seem to affect the number of players playing them though. I've seen some fearfully rude things said about the situation, 2+2 style, but everyone has the choice whether to play them or not, & presumably they all exercise that right.

• edited October 2014
    Are there any plans to have a Forum DTD style overall competion/leaderboard? I'd definitely be more inclined to multitable the tournaments if there was an awesome prize!
    Posted by poppy765
    Great Idea!!
  • edited October 2014
    Are there any plans to have a Forum DTD style overall competion/leaderboard? I'd definitely be more inclined to multitable the tournaments if there was an awesome prize!
    Posted by poppy765
    Hi Poppy,

Possibly, but not that I am aware of.

I'll ask them, & if they say "no", which I think is probable, (just guessing) then maybe someone, a regular Community Member, would offer to run one, & maybe I can get Sky Poker to give away a freebie or two.  

I did plan to start a "Free Entry" Comp based on UKOPS yesterday, but I was a bit busy, rinse repeat today, too, but I'll try & start it tomorrow.

• edited October 2014
    Leaderboards would be nice, not just for the entire thing, but for each individual tourney. I mean, one to cover the micro buy-in, one for the mini buy-in and upwards etc.
    Many of the big guns I guess will play all, or almost all of the tournaments (lucky them!) whilst a lot of little rec players like myself will be taking part in the shebang by playing one or two of the little buy-ins a day, as and when etc. So, individual boards, for each individual tournament, would have been our little point of interest, chat motivator, whilst the 'names' have a UKOPs in it's entirety leaderboard too.

I wouldn't know, but I'm guessing it would have been a software nightmare to do such a thing, nevermind.  You can't have your cake and eat it all, well, you can, and I try, but you know what I mean!