You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Sky Freerolls Feedback

edited October 2014 in Poker Chat
Hey Sky.

FYI !

Not liking the new rule that you have to earn pts since midday to qualify for the freerolls. I imagine Im not alone in simply not having the time to earn pts from midday to 7pm as most of us are working and travelling at this time! Yet if I build up my pts later in the day and I cannot use these points to enter freerolls? Please bring it back to the last 24 hours so it can be fair on those playing the games at resonable times! No doubt I'll have some people bashing my request!

Also personally I was a big fan of the cash payouts in freerolls as opposed to the getting free seats. Certainly dont mind a mix but it seems they are all free seats now and no cash freerolls.

Thanks for listening!

Ger

Comments

• edited October 2014
    The mid-day thing is ridiculous, I can't believe someone in sky actually authorised this.

You already have any half decent freerolls played during the day when most people are working.

Then, the two main freerolls on the site, most people won't be able to play.

I get in, eat, put baby to bed (whilst playing freerolls, dad of the year!) and that routine doesn't finish till 19:30.

And sometimes the points don't update straight away anyway.

Like yesterday, I spent time grinding the points and managed to finish 5 mins before the end of late registration then had to sit out cause the points didn't update and I missed out anyway.

I guess someone in sky thought this was a good idea and have a good reason, but I fail to see what it is :/
  • edited October 2014
    Totally agree with you I work afternoons so only play evenings and mornings why change it , hope sky will have a re-think on this change
  • edited October 2014
    Great for me! Sorry! lol
    Guess they're plugging for more avo traffic...might work?
  • edited October 2014
    Over to you Belsibub....
  • edited October 2014
    Yup thats what they are plugging alright but surely the majority of their customers play in the evening so why pee them off by taking away their chances to play in freerolls? 

Hence my feedback
  • edited October 2014

Strange sky should do that.

Go back to 24 hours Sky, 12 -7 is a strange time frame when most people won't even be on till 7

• edited October 2014

In Response to Re: Sky Freerolls Feedback:
    Over to you Belsibub....
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
  • edited October 2014
    Just play 24-7 what's up with ya......lol.
  • edited October 2014
    I take it this has just happened, I disagree with it, don't mind the seats arrangement, but think it should be previous 24 hrs

Neil
  • edited October 2014
    Not good for the micro stakes players. 10 points can be 5 or 10 DYM's and as most micro will only play one table is a hard task. I for one could never enter these freerole sad never around in time :(

Still is freerole so can't complain too much hopefully it won't work and will go back to 24 hours
  • edited October 2014
    The mid-day thing is ridiculous, I can't believe someone in sky actually authorised this. You already have any half decent freerolls played during the day when most people are working. Then, the two main freerolls on the site, most people won't be able to play. I get in, eat, put baby to bed (whilst playing freerolls, dad of the year!) and that routine doesn't finish till 19:30. And sometimes the points don't update straight away anyway. Like yesterday, I spent time grinding the points and managed to finish 5 mins before the end of late registration then had to sit out cause the points didn't update and I missed out anyway. I guess someone in sky thought this was a good idea and have a good reason, but I fail to see what it is :/
    Posted by MrWh1te
    Exactly my Routine, Get in, Do daddy duties while playing FR then play seriously after getting a lot more than the required 20 points... even if they raise the 24 hour limit to say 40 - 50 points..

little disappointed to get in today to find i couldnt play the FR's
  • edited October 2014
    Over to you Belsibub....
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    wow the usuaul great input from yourself! hows the the itch?

Good point ger a bit harsh sky changing it with such short notice i did not get in tonight till 6.50 tried too register get told i don't qualify and look and see the entry has changed.yet somehow had too hope 2 £5.50 games started and finished in 5 minutes too gain entry even though i made about 100 points last night!

Maybe the jobcentre contacted sky and offered them a back too work bonus for every player who gained entry!

Either way we will never know but very strange.
  • edited October 2014
    In Response to Re: Sky Freerolls Feedback : wow the usuaul great input from yourself! hows the the itch? Good point ger a bit harsh sky changing it with such short notice i did not get in tonight till 6.50 tried too register get told i don't qualify and look and see the entry has changed.yet somehow had too hope 2 £5.50 games started and finished in 5 minutes too gain entry even though i made about 100 points last night! Maybe the jobcentre contacted sky and offered them a back too work bonus for every player who gained entry! Either way we will never know but very strange.
    Posted by churchy18
    Itch is fine thanks. How's the freerolls?
  • edited October 2014
    In Response to Re: Sky Freerolls Feedback : Itch is fine thanks. How's the freerolls?
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    not sure when is she free?and is she itch free?
  • edited October 2014
    In Response to Re: Sky Freerolls Feedback : not sure when is she free?and is she itch free?
    Posted by churchy18
    Need to sharpen up your banter tool Churchy.

C-.....could do better.
  • edited October 2014
    In Response to Sky Freerolls Feedback:
    Hey Sky. FYI ! Not liking the new rule that you have to earn pts since midday to qualify for the freerolls. I imagine Im not alone in simply not having the time to earn pts from midday to 7pm as most of us are working and travelling at this time! Yet if I build up my pts later in the day and I cannot use these points to enter freerolls? Please bring it back to the last 24 hours so it can be fair on those playing the games at resonable times! No doubt I'll have some people bashing my request! Also personally I was a big fan of the cash payouts in freerolls as opposed to the getting free seats. Certainly dont mind a mix but it seems they are all free seats now and no cash freerolls. Thanks for listening! Ger
    Posted by gerardirl
    +1
  • edited October 2014
    i like the new freerolls only get a select few in it i like the idea that u have to earn 10 poker points by midda that way u dont get  a massive field only get a 100 or so and to give away 16 seats of £25 thats £400 prizepool welldone sky i say thats alot to give away each day for 10 pp
  • edited October 2014
    people moaning that they dont get enuff time when they finish work etc  it only takes 1 £11 dym to earn 10 poker points that what i do    takes 20 mins to play job done
  • edited October 2014
    The mid-day thing is ridiculous, I can't believe someone in sky actually authorised this. You already have any half decent freerolls played during the day when most people are working. Then, the two main freerolls on the site, most people won't be able to play. I get in, eat, put baby to bed (whilst playing freerolls, dad of the year!) and that routine doesn't finish till 19:30. And sometimes the points don't update straight away anyway. Like yesterday, I spent time grinding the points and managed to finish 5 mins before the end of late registration then had to sit out cause the points didn't update and I missed out anyway. I guess someone in sky thought this was a good idea and have a good reason, but I fail to see what it is :/
    Posted by MrWh1te
    Hi Mr Wh1te,

Well it may seem ridiculous looking in from the outside, but perhaps it has some business logic behind it that we are not aware of?

Maybe they think it is a way to stimulate a little more traffic in the afternoons?

Every single player has different time availability, it's just not easy to please everyone.  
  • edited October 2014
    In Response to Sky Freerolls Feedback:
    Hey Sky. FYI ! Not liking the new rule that you have to earn pts since midday to qualify for the freerolls. I imagine Im not alone in simply not having the time to earn pts from midday to 7pm as most of us are working and travelling at this time! Yet if I build up my pts later in the day and I cannot use these points to enter freerolls? Please bring it back to the last 24 hours so it can be fair on those playing the games at resonable times! No doubt I'll have some people bashing my request! Also personally I was a big fan of the cash payouts in freerolls as opposed to the getting free seats. Certainly dont mind a mix but it seems they are all free seats now and no cash freerolls. Thanks for listening! Ger
    Posted by gerardirl
    Hi Ger,

As I replied to the other Gent, I would imagine it has been done this way for a reason.

Probably best to keep a close eye on the Freeroll Lobby for the next few weeks & montha, I gather that plan to try quite a few different things, & the schedule will chop & change a fair bit.

These Freerolls, over the course of a year, add up to a VERY big sum of money, so I think the Business has a right to try & make them as cost-effective as possible. In doing so, of course, they'll tread on a few toes along the way, sadly.

• edited October 2014
    people moaning that they dont get enuff time when they finish work etc  it only takes 1 £11 dym to earn 10 poker points that what i do    takes 20 mins to play job done
    Posted by IDONKCALLU
    Hi IDCU - In my experience you are generally looking at 30 minutes for a £11 DYM. Also getting in from work and having dinner, tidying up and getting kids ready for bed and to bed and walking dog means not being able to play poker. Well I could do it, but wouldn't be playing poker properly or looking after kids properly, so not worth risking £11 just to enter a freeroll.

I don't usually play the freerolls anyway, but just saying a lot of people are probably a bit disappointed by this as they physically can't get the points in the new time window.
  • edited October 2014
    Is there not away though players can aquire points after certain times.

Too qualify for diffrent freerolls. Surely the site is at its peak after 6.

Or with daily points aquired you could earn a freeroll ticket too use whenever u want when your available?
  • edited October 2014
    In Response to freeroll:
    Is there not away though players can aquire points after certain times. Too qualify for diffrent freerolls. Surely the site is at its peak after 6. Or with daily points aquired you could earn a freeroll ticket too use whenever u want when your available?
    Posted by Chris_Mc
    Hi Chris,

Well like most poker sites, & all UK/RIO facing ones especially, the busiest times are in the evening, yes.

So perhaps Sky Poker are deliberately promoting the Freerolls to help to stimulate demand when the site is less busy, in the afternoons?

That would seem, to me, a perfectly logical business model, no matter how unfortunate it is on those who cannot access the site earlier.

As it is a Freeroll, I think they should be able to give away their money in a way that best suits the business, don't you?
  • edited October 2014
    I understand 100% that sky has too promote throughout the quieter periods. But possibly there could be away around for the evning plauers aswell.

possibly the same schedule of freerolls in the evening as during the day starting from 7pm but you can only play them once

If you play the freeroll in the day you will not be eligible for the evening one. Meaning all who qualify can play at times suited.

• edited October 2014
    In Response to freeroll:
    I understand 100% that sky has too promote throughout the quieter periods. But possibly there could be away around for the evning plauers aswell. possibly the same schedule of freerolls in the evening as during the day starting from 7pm but you can only play them once If you play the freeroll in the day you will not be eligible for the evening one. Meaning all who qualify can play at times suited.
    Posted by Chris_Mc
    Yes, possibly.

I think, though, as with all these things, that you have to start with the premise that they cannot please all of the people all of the time. It's just not possible! 

• edited October 2014
    I am not sure trying to promote afternoon traffic this way is a good idea. As has been commented most people play in the evening, because work commitment stops them playing during the day. This means a number can no longer play the freeroll. Whereas a larger stake player might be able to get there points in a short time, a low stake cash player will have no chance in an hour or so to do it. Though we talk glibly here about making 100 points a day, in reality some of the lower stake players are struggling to make even the 10 points needed for entry to the freeroll. So if their evening play does not count they cannot make the freeroll now and will no longer put in that bit of extra effort required to reach the target.
  • edited October 2014
    I am not sure trying to promote afternoon traffic this way is a good idea. As has been commented most people play in the evening, because work commitment stops them playing during the day. This means a number can no longer play the freeroll. Whereas a larger stake player might be able to get there points in a short time, a low stake cash player will have no chance in an hour or so to do it. Though we talk glibly here about making 100 points a day, in reality some of the lower stake players are struggling to make even the 10 points needed for entry to the freeroll. So if their evening play does not count they cannot make the freeroll now and will no longer put in that bit of extra effort required to reach the target.
    Posted by Sir-Gary
    Well we don't know that IS the reason, or part of it, I just suggested it may be, in reply to the notion that it is "ridiculous".

The guys at Head Office are not daft, & they have access to squillions of gigalometres of data, daily, & when they do something which, to us, as players, looks odd, we should not auto assume the Suits are daft.

They have all the Data, & they will do things for a reason. We don't know that reason, but as sure as God made little apples, there will be some sound logic behind it. The site is doing VERY well right now. That's not an accident, it is because they are tweaking the right things.

One of the effects of this temporary change to Frererols is that it makes it more accessible to those who usually cannot play them, & less accessible to those who play them all, so it is spreading the cash around to a different subset of players. That has to be good, I would have thought.

I know some folks are upset that they have temporarily lost "their" Freerolls, but I do strongly believe that if a Business chooses to give away money (for business reasons, not because they are nice people) they should be able to give it away in a manner that best suits them.  

• edited October 2014
    I know some folks are upset that they have temporarily lost "their" Freerolls, but I do strongly believe that if a Business chooses to give away money (for business reasons, not because they are nice people) they should be able to give it away in a manner that best suits them.     
    Posted by Tikay10
    It's pretty hard for anyone to (legitimately) argue against that.

The freerolls on Sky are far better as well, as opposed to some on other sites where you face 5,000+ fields and have to play for 4+ hours in order to bink $0.04. In fact, maybe I'm naive to what else is out there these days, but the total basket of bonuses available to recs seems far better on Sky (even if that may be at the expense of what is offered to regs).

I suppose the only query is that if the hypothesis is true about focusing on people gambling during the early afternoon... is that not targeting a skew towards people who are unemployed... which isn't necessarily aligned to 'responsible gambling'?
  • edited October 2014
    Thanks for the replies guys, and not bad I only had one person bashing my opinion! lol

In general I see it doesnt suit most as I expected.

Appreciate the reply Tikay and yes of course Im sure Sky have a good reason to do what they are doing. Im simply giving Sky my feedback on how I feel about it which is important to.

I have reduced my evening play on Sky now as I have less incentive to earn pts as they mean nothing now and I play on a few sites as opposed to just Sky in the evenings. Again just feedback Sky might be interested to hear from its customers.
    I will clarify personally however I still feel Sky is the no 1 site for poker.

Ger
  • edited October 2014
    One of the effects of this temporary change to Frererols is that it makes it more accessible to those who usually cannot play them, & less accessible to those who play them all, so it is spreading the cash around to a different subset of players. That has to be good, I would have thought.

Not sure i understand the logic in that though tikay? The last 24 hours covered midday to the tourney start time so players earning pts from midday would have qualified under both timeframes.

Anyhow Im still a happy customer and Im sure it will change from time to time.

Ger