You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Sky Freerolls Feedback

2»

Comments

• edited October 2014
    it doesn't even try and cater for all its players.

all it does is say is 'we don't care about our loyal players that play night after night'.

and it doesn't make it more accessible for more, it just makes it less accessible to most.

these forums have a very loyal following, but I know of more and more people who play just the minimum.  me included.  I am just using up the 4k points I have and playing the minimum needed to access the freerolls needed, whilst using another site as my main one
  • edited October 2014
    I see the 2 freerolls at 4 & 5pm today are no points to play but you must have a balance of over £5 to play, not seen that before, seems like a good idea to me.
  • edited October 2014
    Why a balance though? It is a freeroll after all.
  • edited October 2014
    In Response to Re: Sky Freerolls Feedback:
    Why a balance though? It is a freeroll after all.
    Posted by Chris_Mc
    apparently some peeps only come here to scalp our freerolls. Having a balance requirement would seem a smart way to restrict the goodies to peeps willing to put their hand in their pocket. It's not exactly a lot £5 is it. 
  • edited October 2014
    In Response to Re: Sky Freerolls Feedback : apparently some peeps only come here to scalp our freerolls. Having a balance requirement would seem a smart way to restrict the goodies to peeps willing to put their hand in their pocket. It's not exactly a lot £5 is it. 
    Posted by GELDY
    Not now, indeed. It was my weekly wage in 1985 when I got 'the big round' at my local newsagent. Hated Sundays mind...
  • edited October 2014
    geldy that wouldnt stope people scalping are freerolls tho will it u could just deposit £10 play the freerolls and have no intention of using your £10 as ya gonna withdraw  i think its a gd idea u have to earn points to play freerolls

as tikay said u cant please every 1
  • edited October 2014
    In Response to Re: Sky Freerolls Feedback : Not now, indeed. It was my weekly wage in 1985 when I got 'the big round' at my local newsagent. Hated Sundays mind...
    Posted by NoseyBonk
    It's also what Elsa, the local lady of the night, charges for manual relief in the back of a Ford Cortina.

Ah, memories...
  • edited October 2014
    In Response to Re: Sky Freerolls Feedback : It's also what Elsa, the local lady of the night, charges for manual relief in the back of a Ford Cortina. Ah, memories...
    Posted by Slipwater
    Thought yours was an automatic ;-)
  • edited October 2014
    In Response to Re: Sky Freerolls Feedback : Thought yours was an automatic ;-)
    Posted by cenachav
    Touche :)
  • edited October 2014
    Having played in a few of the freerolls recently offering up juicy seats into UKOPS and ROLLER qrts and semis, I have to say I have seen a marked difference in play, I normally hate freerolls, but apart from some early shenanigans the play has been much more akin to 'serious' sats and much more enjoyable.

Not sure if this backs up what IDONKCALLU alluded to or not, but it may.....

• edited October 2014
    Though this is speculation only on my part as they have not given a reason for doing it. One of the possible explainations hinted at was trying to promote afternoon traffic, an understandable reason in itself athough it is not gauranteed to be the reason. I saw a couple of posts which gave me an idea of a possible link between the two comments and of a possible explaination. Most sites if not all run freerolls in some guise or other as it is good publicity, and not to do so would leave you behind the competition. On one of the posts in question it was mentioned that on some sites you could be facing a field of 5000+ and playing for 4 hours to win 0.04c. This is trus I have won that kind of money before. On another postsomeone quieried the point of making it 12-00 onwards as opposed to 24 hours as that does not help those that play then, but only stops the evening players being able to play. I would like to point out that in effect excluding some players, makes the field smaller and therefore the freeroll more attractive to play in, thus making it more attractive to play in the afternoon. I can't help but feel though that there will be a corresponding negative effect on the evening players who struggled to make the points required before the change.
  • edited October 2014
    But it will probably change, either back to what it was before, or to another different criteria, in the near future. I don't think directing the freerolls to different groups of players over time is a bad thing.
  • edited October 2014
    I don't play many fr and have hundreds of points just sitting there, but there is no way i would go out my way just to earn enough points to play a fr. If you don't play a certain time and don't earn enough points you can't play fr, there's more to life.
  • edited October 2014
    I don't play many fr and have hundreds of points just sitting there, but there is no way i would go out my way just to earn enough points to play a fr. If you don't play a certain time and don't earn enough points you can't play fr, there's more to life.
    Posted by tomo_efc
    +1
    there will be freerolls in the future its temporary nowt to worry about,
    like the £5 balance to play
  • edited October 2014
    Ok so I send the wife and kids away on holidays.....I ring in sick for work (so dont get paid). All so I can clockup the pts from midday for the freeroll ...only to find its changed back to pts earned in last 24 hours ....duh!

Ger ( problem now is it clashes with coronation street!!)
  • edited October 2014
    there you go you see,acuna matata*,looks like the powers that be read the forum
    edited: