You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Calling All PLO8 DYM Players, Our Competition, Scoreboards, Results, Chirps & Whatnot.

Comments

• edited December 2014
    PlayedStakeCostWonWinningsProfitWin %
    16£0.60£9.609£9.00-£0.6056.25
    7£1.15£8.054£8.00-£0.0557.14
    3£2.25£6.752£8.00£1.2566.67
    12£3.30£39.608£48.00£8.4066.67
    2£5.50£11.002£20.00£9.00100.00
     £11.00£0.00 £0.00£0.00#DIV/0!

40 £75.0025£93.00£18.0062.50
    25/40 on 2nd chance

session 1) 11/20

session 2) 14/20

I've lost 7 games at the 60p level, and I am not beating the rake at the bottom 2 levels. 
  • edited December 2014
    In Response to Re: Calling All PLO8 DYM Players, Our Competition, Scoreboards, Results, Chirps & Whatnot.:
    In Response to Re: Calling All PLO8 DYM Players, Our Competition, Scoreboards, Results, Chirps & Whatnot. : I'm afraid I didn't have mind altering drugs for breakfast and as such haven't got a clue what it means. Ta.
    Posted by VespaPX

192 retweets so far....... #LSD #MAGICMUSHROOMS  ;-)
  • edited December 2014
    In Response to Re: Calling All PLO8 DYM Players, Our Competition, Scoreboards, Results, Chirps & Whatnot.:
    Can somebody turn todays Christmas challenge into English please? I'm afraid I didn't have mind altering drugs for breakfast and as such haven't got a clue what it means. Ta. Christmas has come early! Simply RT and follow @SkyPoker for your chance to win an iPhone 6!
    Posted by Macacgirl1
    Oh for goodness sake Karen, do buck up & get down with us kids.

"RT" can be 2 things.

Re-Tweet, as in Twitter. You know, social media. Understand, Dear?

Or, & more likely, it can be one of these, which was of course the forerunner of the Routemaster.

Later, of course, they introduced the RTL, in which the "L" stood for "Long Wheelbase".

Each bus had an individual ID, as below, (above the nearside bonnet-clip) & I had an Ian Allen Bus-Spotters book in which I ticked off each one as I saw them.

I often still peruse that book in bed at night.

• edited December 2014
    I have just done some internet based research regarding Twitter.
    #Pointless #Twaddle!
    Never thought I would say it, but buses seem more interesting.
  • edited December 2014
    the 77a
    now that brings back memories

• edited December 2014
    And hasn't Twitter been overtaken by instagram?
    Why are we focusing on yesterday's technology? 
  • edited December 2014
    I don't know what an instagram is either!

Just read a brilliant chat-box comment during a wee buy-in plo8 tourney.

Vesp asked in chat-box why nobody raised during the game, the reply he got?.... 'because this isn't holdem'

BRILLIANT!
  • edited December 2014
    I don't know what an instagram is either! Just read a brilliant chat-box comment during a wee buy-in plo8 tourney. Vesp asked in chat-box why nobody raised during the game, the reply he got?.... 'because this isn't holdem' BRILLIANT!
    Posted by Macacgirl1

Made me smile too
    Tonight's gonna be interesting :-)
  • edited December 2014
    he's still at it!
    we're down to last 3 in next tourney and I am not exaggerating when I say, he has limped into the last 49 hands. If I raise his limps, he calls!

he must have misclicked, he just folded.
  • edited December 2014
    I don't know what an instagram is either! Just read a brilliant chat-box comment during a wee buy-in plo8 tourney. Vesp asked in chat-box why nobody raised during the game, the reply he got?.... 'because this isn't holdem' BRILLIANT!
    Posted by Macacgirl1
    Instagram is Twitter for people who dont like reading.
  • edited December 2014
    Merry Christmas TK! http://www.elfyourself.com/?mId=62617005.2
    Posted by Macacgirl1
    That is LAUGH OUT LOUD FUNNY! Well played, oh so well played!
  • edited December 2014
    Posted by Macacgirl1

LOL....very good! Tikay's tan also trumps Orford's ;)
  • edited December 2014
    Posted by Macacgirl1

P M S L
  • edited December 2014
                                                                S/C Saloon

A little update from team AJ

Played 20    .Won 13      Lost 7

A slow week poker wise for me, been working my carrot off all week to get the job finished for Thursday.
    Went to Catterick on Friday to see my step son pass out for the army. (AJ breaks out with a proud grin )
     With working till 7/8 o'clock every night, I have been exhausted and run down.
    which is why I am typing this with full blown MAN FLU (don't lol it does exist. I've got it)

I'm hoping next week I get a bit more volume in, to try and complete this before jan 
    My game is improving  or at least my results are.
     So my quest to become Sky poker's Plo8 Champion continues 
    See you at the table's guy's 

Regards Alan      

• edited December 2014
    I'm at 71% from my last 100 plo8 dyms......however the first 25 were from my attempt 1 ;).

Second attempt 75 played now and 51 wins so 68%....need to run golden now!

Ger
  • edited December 2014
    Now on 52 out of 80, 65%, including one real gift

Blinds 150/300, I'm on 40 chips (after quadrupling up on the previous hand!), another player is on 60. The other two players, in the blinds are on 7050 & 4850. They get it in with 787Q and 10Q36 on a flop of 2AK and a turn of a 9 and the player with the bigger stack scoops and us two shorties say "Thanks very much"
  • edited December 2014
    Hi Karen, hope this is ok to post, Xx

TONIGHT!!! SUNDAY , 14-12-14 7.15pm!!

Hour late Reg, £3.30, 3000 chips

FOSP PLO Varients LEAGUE TOURNIE
     Dec Week 2!!!!

This League on Sunday alternates, TONIGHT IS PLO8 HiLo

lobby here...

https://www.skypoker.com/secure/poker/sky_lobby?action=go_tnmt_lobby&game_id=10266092&guid=242737d2-147a-4066-bed7-e492e584c267

TY to Dave, Solarcarro, League Manager for running.

£5.50 FOSP or Mini Seat for the Monthly Winner added Bonus from Sky Poker Ty

ALL WELCOME!!!

REMINDER
    NEW FOSP HILO League week 2  Thurs 18th Dec!
    Run by churchy18, Brian! 
    Helped by Me & Now, Sky forum legend Chris, Scousered

It will be aggregate of best 2 scores from 4 optional weekly Hilo Tournies, then best 2 weekly results for the monthly league prize of £33 Sky seat

weekly winner gets FREE Sky entry to all 4 FOSP Hilo tournies the week after.

Week 1, Winner Cormach, Frank, VWP SIR!!!
  • edited December 2014
    Just me & Macagirl1 in so far!!
    Ones Valoo, others too avoid!!
    No prizes!!
  • edited December 2014
    Now on 52 out of 80, 65%, including one real gift Blinds 150/300, I'm on 40 chips (after quadrupling up on the previous hand!), another player is on 60. The other two players, in the blinds are on 7050 & 4850. They get it in with 787Q and 10Q36 on a flop of 2AK and a turn of a 9 and the player with the bigger stack scoops and us two shorties say "Thanks very much"
    Posted by FCHD
    Ha!

Astonishing how often we see this.

Just as well, too, these guys are the difference between our profit & loss.

In one DYM on Friday, one lad had 8,000 chips, with two others on 1,500 each & me on 1,000, at 200-400. Mr All The Chips insisted on limping into every hand, & ended up 4th!

Quite surprising to see an upsurge in "limp every hand" players of late. It's technically terrible, and they will all lose money over time, but even so, they make it quite tricky to play against.

There's a baffling logic to seeing Mr Limp come in, then call any raise behind him, especially with a 6 Bigs stack & big blinds. If they ever suss the "give yourself 2 ways to win" logic (i.e., raise) we are all doomed, lol.    

• edited December 2014
    37/62 not much progress of late - intend to have a push and get the 100 done by year end though. Maybe this Thursday will be a PLO8 marathon?

Only playing 60p £1 at the moment where I am finding a curious mix of the type described who just want to see a flop and see if they can hit anything down the streets and decent players in for the 100 challenge. Of course the newbs blissfully dont worry too much about nuances like only have a non-nut low draw in a multiway pot, chasing flushes on paired boards etc.

Mostly of course we love having these opponents but when they run good and get chipped up and are calling down with anything it's very easy to go bust with decent starting hands that miss and could be good e.g. AA23 on a 998 board - should still be good right and you have the backdoor nut low draw - just seems there are way too many 789 combos in play than there really should be. 
  • edited December 2014
    Expect the unexpected Phantom!
    For the most part I now see the game being played, so that the majority, rather than the minority, will see any flop, with any four cards. It's just the way it is.
    My opinion even moreso enforced after playing the four tournaments on Thursday. It's never been in my nature to
    limp into pots, whether PLO8 or NLH, so I played the tournaments like that on Thursday too. Out of the four tournaments I played, have a guess how many times I raised pre-flop and everyone folded? 
    If you think it's more than once, you're mistaken!
    To be honest, I started having fun with it though, I'd raise and say to myself, he's gonna call, he's gonna call too. Fair play to them, they did!
  • edited December 2014
    @Macac dont worry I do expect the unexpected, especially with 5 callers.

Takes some adjustment though from the usually pretty solid £3 tables I started out on. Team (loose) Aggro ruffled a few feathers there but team Ultra-Passive really has my head hurting. Bad enough in NL but with so many ways for them to hit a hand (they arent bothered about hitting 2) it can be tough.

I am making an adjustment for team UP or Uppers and I'll see how that goes.

Didnt start well in 1st 60p of the day when mega aggro post flop with top 2 pairs (top 3 actually) and a flush draw only to get river flushed with the wrong flush.

• edited December 2014

Case in point, little PLO8 tourney just played. It's not my imagination!

I played prime/well above average starting hands only...

Only played three hands the entire tourney (whilst it lasted!)

Hand 1, x2 on table limped, I pot raised, both called.
    Hand 2, I button pot raise, x2 callers.
    Hand 3, I pot raise, x2 callers. Out!

• edited December 2014
    The £1 MTT? Still in that although nearly not - had some strong hands early doors and dropped down to c750 chips in similar fashion.

Back in the game now but with a chipped up AJ to my left.
  • edited December 2014
    Yeah that's the one!
    All you/we/anyone can do is continue to play good hands and eventually they do pay off, I just simply can't understand the calls for 20/25% of a stack with hands like 3789. That's the beauty of the game though!
    Good luck!
  • edited December 2014
    Sigh - bubbled it - nursed s/stack for most of tourney then when down to 7 with 6 paid and I'm shortie on 5.5BBs, open pot raise with AK48 and run into next shorty with AA46
  • edited December 2014
    Sigh - bubbled it - nursed s/stack for most of tourney then when down to 7 with 6 paid and I'm shortie on 5.5BBs, open pot raise with AK48 and run into next shorty with AA46
    Posted by Phantom66
    That's not a sad story phantom
    Here's a sad story. Second in chips 
    5 minutes later out in 8th

The shame of it, me the future plo8 champion  
    but I'm not sad, I didn't expect to cash I didn't expect to win
    I wanted to cash I wanted to win, but my expectations weren't crushed
    Onto to the next tourney(where I will crush and be victorious lol)

Regards Alan(The legend that is Team AJ )
  • edited December 2014
    Case in point, little PLO8 tourney just played. It's not my imagination! I played prime/well above average starting hands only... Only played three hands the entire tourney (whilst it lasted!) Hand 1, x2 on table limped, I pot raised, both called. Hand 2, I button pot raise, x2 callers. Hand 3, I pot raise, x2 callers. Out!
    Posted by Macacgirl1
    I experienced the same problem in the Thursday night PLO8 league.  Any raised pot had at least 2 callers, if not more.  Obviously the league has some Novice players who were playing for maybe the 1st time. So Understandable that they wanted to see flops.  Obviously the more players to the flop, the more chances of being outdrawn. 

I treated those tournies as a bit of fun, and hoped that the newbies enjoyed the game and will continue to play and progress.  So no complaints, but I may have to revise my strategy for this Thursday, to survive a little longer than I did last Thursday.