You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Calling All PLO8 DYM Players, Our Competition, Scoreboards, Results, Chirps & Whatnot.

Comments

• edited December 2014
    Latest score

P - 95
    Won - 54

About 57%
  • edited December 2014
                                 100 Games Completed
                                           (Team AJ future plo8 champion)

Games Played.......100
     Games  won........41
    Games lost...........59

best winning streak .....3  (3 times)
    best losing streak ........6  (twice)

won games at all levels..60p through £11  (a mention in dispatches )

I must say the most enjoyable 100 games of poker I've ever played
    looking forward to next 100

Big thanks to macacgirl1 for starting the challenge, without it I would have never played plo8(so if you get owned by me at the table, blame macacgirl1)
    thanks to TK for his kind offer of one to one help(didn't take him up read on)
    After playing my first 10 games and losing 9 up steps Talon with kind offer
    of help and gave me some excellent advice and tips on plo8.
    can't thank him enough. A true gent.

Right that's me done I'm off to crush the next 100 games
    if you do happen to be at the same table as me Be Afraid Be Very Afraid.

Regards Alan
  • edited December 2014
    Well done Team Aj

Good to see someone improving their game and just enjoying the experience. Am certain the next 100 will show even more improvemnet
  • edited December 2014
    Well after my streak ended, the last 10 have been pretty bad with only 4 wins amongst them. I don't think I've been playing any worse, it's just that during the streak I seemed to hit everything and more recently I've been missing more often than I hit, which is only to be expected.

Total after 60 games - Won 38 Lost 22 - which I make as 63.3%
  • edited December 2014
    PlayedStakeCostWonWinningsProfitWin %
    51£0.60£30.6034£34.00£3.4066.67
    20£1.15£23.0017£34.00£11.0085.00
    4£2.25£9.003£12.00£3.0075.00
    20£3.30£66.0012£72.00£6.0060.00
    2£5.50£11.001£10.00-£1.0050.00
    1£11.00£11.001£20.00£9.00100.00

98 £150.6068£182.00£31.4069.39
    Final furlong 2 to go...

Win both and leapfrog to the top

Win one and join my good friends Talon and BB Mike

Crash and burn and return to anonimity
  • edited December 2014
  • edited December 2014
    PlayedStakeCostWonWinningsProfitWin %
    52£0.60£31.2035£35.00£3.8067.31
    21£1.15£24.1518£36.00£11.8585.71
    4£2.25£9.003£12.00£3.0075.00
    20£3.30£66.0012£72.00£6.0060.00
    2£5.50£11.001£10.00-£1.0050.00
    1£11.00£11.001£20.00£9.00100.00

100 £152.3570£185.00£32.6570.00

£34.26 
    100 Games complete.

Won 70

Profit £32.65 + £1.61(poker points) = £34.26

ROI 22.5%

Rake for Sky Poker £17.35

Sessions: 1) 15/20   2) 10/20   3) 15/20   4) 15/20   5) 15/20

I would to say thanks to Karen for organising this challenge, it has definitely raised the profile of PLO8 on Sky.  It is also a terrific test of ones game, being over such a stretch of games.

Also a mention for all the players taking part, who have been, to a man/woman(delete as appropriate), considerate and helpful throughout. 

Finally I have to say that I owe all of my success to Team AJ (mainly because he told me to say so), who's humour kept me going in many a long session.  His training methods may be unorthodox, but obviously work. Thanks for taking me under your wing Alan.

I might just take my profit and go to the pub and buy a few beers.

• edited December 2014

Well done mate. You have been running well throughout and have taken a well deserved lead.

You are favourite to win the comp but still think team AJ has won the thread
  • edited December 2014
    In Response to Re: Calling All PLO8 DYM Players, Our Competition, Scoreboards, Results, Chirps & Whatnot.:
    Well done Team Aj  Good to see someone improving their game and just enjoying the experience. Am certain the next 100 will show even more improvemnet
    Posted by Talon
    Thanks Talon,
     really appreciated your help for this challenge without it I think I would have given up early doors
     and called it a day
    Congrats on your 69%, was hoping you could have gone higher, but a great run in the end for you 
    so can't grumble (this is plo8 we don't grumble lol)

Will be in touch to no doubt to receive (and offer lol ) a bit more advice.

Regards Alan    
  • edited December 2014
                          Well done bhoys

I knew you could do it, had every faith in you
    (don't tell anyone else but your my number 1 and fav pupil)
    All those long hours grinding the £1 tables
     (where chat box coaching is only available from team AJ)
    has finally payed off.

Top of the leader board, where you should be.
     I'll stay at the bottom at the moment and make sure no one else falls behind.

Regards Alan (plo8 future champion)
  • edited December 2014
    So nice to read this thread.
    Nobody moanng, just enjoying their poker.

Nice one Ploppers.
  • edited December 2014
    In Response to Re: Calling All PLO8 DYM Players, Our Competition, Scoreboards, Results, Chirps & Whatnot.:
    So nice to read this thread. Nobody moanng, just enjoying their poker. Nice one Ploppers.
    Posted by VespaPX
    Amen to that, agree 100%.

Been a bit pre-occupied with work stuff this week, but this thread is my first port of call every morning.

Stunning numbers by 67Bhoys & Talon, to add to the impressive score by BBMike.

Winning nigh on 70% of 100 games really takes some doing, congrats to them all.

I wonder if those numbers would be sustainable over 500 or 1,000 games?

I tiptoed to 65%, aided by some clear run-good, but since then, my numbers have been a disaster. I honestly doubt I could ever do much better than 57% or 58% long term, & I'm happy with that, or would be if I had the time to get more volume in, but those boys with +69% really have done well.   

Loved the thread, loved it.

• edited December 2014
    In Response to Re: Calling All PLO8 DYM Players, Our Competition, Scoreboards, Results, Chirps & Whatnot. : Amen to that, agree 100%. Been a bit pre-occupied with work stuff this week, but this thread is my first port of call every morning. Stunning numbers by 67Bhoys & Talon, to add to the impressive score by BBMike.   Winning nigh on 70% of 100 games really takes some doing, congrats to them all.   I wonder if those numbers would be sustainable over 500 or 1,000 games? I tiptoed to 65%, aided by some clear run-good, but since then, my numbers have been a disaster. I honestly doubt I could ever do much better than 57% or 58% long term, & I'm happy with that, or would be if I had the time to get more volume in, but those boys with +69% really have done well.      Loved the thread, loved it.  
    Posted by Tikay10
    Nearing the end of my 100, (3 games to go).
    Bit like you i had a decent start (64%), bad middle section, but finishing well.
    Hopefully get to around 58%
  • edited December 2014

There are two very simple reasons why this comp and thread have been so good. With all this support and friendliness.

Firstly: We are ploppers and our love is the game

Secondly: There is no prize in this competition. This means that your only true opponent is not the other players on the leaderboard but yourself. 

For me i do not care if everyone left to finish blitzes my score because i won a competition agains me and what i thought i could do. 

Every poster on this thread i notice seems to be genuinely interested in the results of others and wishing them well and hoping for their success.

In fact by the time this comp ends Team AJ may be large enough to take the poker world by storm.

Long live comps like this
    Long live threads like this and 
    Long live the Ploppers

• edited December 2014
    In Response to Re: Calling All PLO8 DYM Players, Our Competition, Scoreboards, Results, Chirps & Whatnot. : Amen to that, agree 100%. Been a bit pre-occupied with work stuff this week, but this thread is my first port of call every morning. Stunning numbers by 67Bhoys & Talon, to add to the impressive score by BBMike.   Winning nigh on 70% of 100 games really takes some doing, congrats to them all.   I wonder if those numbers would be sustainable over 500 or 1,000 games? I tiptoed to 65%, aided by some clear run-good, but since then, my numbers have been a disaster. I honestly doubt I could ever do much better than 57% or 58% long term, & I'm happy with that, or would be if I had the time to get more volume in, but those boys with +69% really have done well.      Loved the thread, loved it.  
    Posted by Tikay10
    I seriously doubt it Tikay to be honest, it took a lot of concentration, focus and run good to win 70%, and as I normally just play for the pleasure, I don't think that I would play anywhere near that level.

On the plus side I only had one bad session @50%, and I think that plus 50% is achievable in the long term.

I have to say also that your 65% was achieved at playing the higher buy in tables, which obviously have more serious players, I mean take EON for example, your playing a whole corporation there.  There are very good players at the lower levels, but it is also where the casual players dip there toes in the water, although some of my toughest games were at the 60p level.  I would say therefore, that your 65% at the higher levels is quite remarkable.

Thanks all for the congrats.

Craig
  • edited December 2014
                          Well done bhoys I knew you could do it, had every faith in you (don't tell anyone else but your my number 1 and fav pupil) All those long hours grinding the £1 tables  (where chat box coaching is only available from team AJ) has finally payed off.  Top of the leader board, where you should be.  I'll stay at the bottom at the moment and make sure no one else falls behind. Regards Alan (plo8 future champion)
    Posted by ajmilton
    It is no coincidence that my highest success rate, 86%, was at the £1.15 tables,  I can now envision a flood of players signing up for these tables to receive the pearls of wisdom from Team AJ that inspired me to those heady heights.

Chatbox coaching FTW.
  • edited December 2014
    Well done Craig! I'm not as selfless as Talon, and was hoping you boys would slip up!!

However, very easy to step aside and applaud a job well done. Congrats.
  • edited December 2014
    It's lovely reading these messages, makes me feel all Christmassy!
    I think we've succeeded in both aims, well my two aims anyhow.
    Firstly, it gave us something fun to do, secondly, it's increased the profile of the game a little bit.
    Team AJ has been a roaring success, when he said he has never enjoyed his poker more and was going to continue  playing this, that was mission accomplished.
    Lets not forget of course, it's not over until it's over, still a lot of players going strong, I wish them all well and I'll continue to update the boards for as long as need be.

As Spock used to say, Live Long And Plopper.
  • edited December 2014
    Challenge complete

Played 100
    Won 58

58%

Highlights
    x2 8 in a row's

Breakdown
    60p games - P:21 Won:14
    £1.15 games - P:15 Won:10
    £2.25 games - P:6 W:3
    £3.30 games - P:57 W:30
    £5,00 games - P:1 W:1

Played ok for the most part, could do bettter, but the main thing is sharing tables with some great people.

Not doing the 2nd chance thingy, but will still play.
    Going to try a few PLO8 Mtt's

GL ploppers

• edited December 2014
    Well done vesp, 58% ain't rubbish at all, you beat the rake and had fun, job done!

This poker is a funny old game, 20.000 PLO8 DYMs I have played, with a best win streak of 18. Been playing NLHE DYMs since Monday and (if my memory hasn't collapsed) my win streak just finished at 17!
  • edited December 2014
    Challenge complete Played 100 Won 58 58% Highlights x2 8 in a row's Breakdown 60p games - P:21 Won:14 £1.15 games - P:15 Won:10 £2.25 games - P:6 W:3 £3.30 games - P:57 W:30 £5,00 games - P:1 W:1 Played ok for the most part, could do bettter, but the main thing is sharing tables with some great people. Not doing the 2nd chance thingy, but will still play. Going to try a few PLO8 Mtt's GL ploppers
    Posted by VespaPX
    Very well played mate, I agree with Karen that 58% is a very respectable result in DYMs, and especially PLO8.

Nice one
  • edited December 2014
    Cheers guys

Agreed its quite respectable but i know that i played badly in some parts so it could have been better.

Anyway at least i'm recognising when i need to take a short break and come back refreshed.

Oh, i forgot to mention, a run of 6 losses so need to be added to the "Its Rigged, Obviously"  leaderboard.
  • edited December 2014
    Asked ger to check my figures today.
    He told me played 281 @ 61%.
    My own personal mission is to see how I do after 1000 games.
    Would anyone care to join me.

• edited December 2014
    Yeah I wouldn't mind running this up to 1,000 games, though God knows when I will get to that point. 

I'll post my progress on this thread if that's okay with Karen.
  • edited December 2014
                                                 Second Chance Saloon
                                          (team AJ future plo8 champion)

played my first 10 games ..won 7 ...lost 3            .= 70%

big improvement  on my first 10  won 1 lost 9       = 10%

win streak ....  4
    losing streak .. 2

Oh dear lord  can  someone call the fire brigade ..I'm on fire
    Played 1  £5 game..won1    and 9  £3 games won 6

Just to let you know guy's churchy18 is organising plo8 weekly/ monthly  league.
    similar structure to the DTD NLHE which is on a Monday
    fingers crossed this will be happening on Thursday next week
    Check lobby and forum thread =plo8 hi/lo league 
    and try to support this if you can, the more the merrier

Regards Alan (plo8 Guru)  

• edited December 2014
    Hose that man down
  • edited December 2014
    Half way through attempt 2.

50 played 33 won so 66%, dropped from where i was after 25 games as I had one shocking day. Tall order to catch 70% now but who knows! 

Ger

• edited December 2014
    Half way through attempt 2. 50 played 33 won so 66%, dropped from where i was after 25 games as I had one shocking day. Tall order to catch 70% now but who knows!  Ger
    Posted by gerardirl
    Thats still very good ger.
    Care to join me in the 1000 challenge
  • edited December 2014
    Yes sure Eon but it will be April or so before I complete 1000 games from Nov 1st so a long wait! 

But yes for sure Im up for the challenge.

Ger
  • edited December 2014
    Yes sure Eon but it will be April or so before I complete 1000 games from Nov 1st so a long wait!  But yes for sure Im up for the challenge. Ger
    Posted by gerardirl
    nice one ger