You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Calling All PLO8 DYM Players, Our Competition, Scoreboards, Results, Chirps & Whatnot.

Comments

• edited November 2014
    In Response to Re: Calling All PLO8 DYM Players, Our Competition, Scoreboards, Results, Chirps & Whatnot.:
    Anyways, I have only 25 hours to go before I play my last ever PLO8 DYM! Part of a cunning plan. Rather than suddenly stop playing next year, it's best for me if I stop the  game I love, wean myself off, and play nlh until I can't play skypoker anymore in a coupla months. Come and have a go on sunday!  I promise the game, and everyone, to try playing plo8 on sunday and to bid thee all farewell! xx
    Posted by Macacgirl1
    That's such a shame Maca, if you love it so much why stop early? Remember every day missed is another day without punishing Tikay. In you shoes I would drag that out as long as possible and even play on the mobile on the way to the airport!

I am out this evening but will play early evening if I can to send you off with some of my money.

Take care, enjoy your well earned retirement and feel free to come back anytime!

Paul
  • edited November 2014
    In Response to Re: Calling All PLO8 DYM Players, Our Competition, Scoreboards, Results, Chirps & Whatnot.:
    Anyways, I have only 25 hours to go before I play my last ever PLO8 DYM! Part of a cunning plan. Rather than suddenly stop playing next year, it's best for me if I stop the  game I love, wean myself off, and play nlh until I can't play skypoker anymore in a coupla months. Come and have a go on sunday!  I promise the game, and everyone, to try playing plo8 on sunday and to bid thee all farewell! xx
    Posted by Macacgirl1
    Hi Karen,you will be sorely missed by many folk. I have to say you are a most valued member of this community and sky poker will not be the same without you, personally I have a lot to thank you for,I wish I could play more of this challenge before you leave and say my own Cheerio,albeit with a lump in my throat. I wish you and your other half all the best for a well deserved retirement and hope to meet you either on the virtual felt or indeed a ( spt?) live game in the future. Take care my good lady it has been a privilege to have been in your virtual company.xx
  • edited November 2014
    Ah thanks everyone!
    I'm giving up early Tuney because as much as I love the game, I'll miss it even more if I carry on until the end of our time here in the UK. I'll obviously still be around for this thread and I'll pop in during the festive period for a few games to say hi, but today is my last day at-it!
    I'll still be playing on-site, I've set myself another freeroll challenge, this time to win £200 (not £100 like last time) in as short a period of time as possible. I doubt it'll be as successful as last time though!
    I do love live poker Tom, but during SPT we are on holiday. As much as I love a game here in the UK, I'm more looking forward to San Fran, Vegas, New Orleans, NYC/Boston and a fortnight in the Caribbean! We'll be playing a bit in Vegas and will be thinking of the Sky Ploppers when I'm bluffing all over the shop!
    I'm already sorted for a live game when we move! One of the nearby bars has a weekly game, obviously aimed at the tourists. We now know the bar owners and somehow after too much wine we have agreed to take it in turns to run the things, deal the final table, give a hour long lesson prior to the game for any complete novices etc so that should be fun. Season just gone each game saw between 30-40 playing each week so I'm sure I can bump that up to 50 minimum each week with a little bit of Macac style promotion!
  • edited November 2014
    Ah well, it was good while it lasted!

Managed to boost my streak by 1 this morning (to 14 consecutive cashes) before crashing out in 4th just now
  • edited November 2014
    Ah well, it was good while it lasted! Managed to boost my streak by 1 this morning (to 14 consecutive cashes) before crashing out in 4th just now
    Posted by FCHD
    Good run, no excellent run.  You were unlucky in that game too.
  • edited November 2014
    Hi macac.Hope you have a wonderful retirement in sunny Corfu (can’t play Sky poker there. Sort it Sky!) I would like to take this opportunity and thank you from the bottom of my heart for your help and support during this 100 plo8 game challenge, without this challenge I doubt I would have ever played Plo8.

I’m near the end of my 100 games, played 86 but I won’t be stopping there. I will continue on into next month and play another 100, because at the moment I am really enjoying my poker thanks to you and the ploppers club. I know my second 100 will be better. Once again thank you so, so much take care.

. I bid youFarewell, bon voyage my lovely Lady Plop.Regards Alan (team AJ)
  • edited November 2014
    Hi macac.Hope you have a wonderful retirement in sunny Corfu (can’t play Sky poker there. Sort it Sky!) I would like to take this opportunity and thank you from the bottom of my heart for your help and support during this 100 plo8 game challenge, without this challenge I doubt I would have ever played Plo8.     I’m near the end of my 100 games, played 86 but I won’t be stopping there. I will continue on into next month and play another 100, because at the moment I am really enjoying my poker thanks to you and the ploppers club. I know my second 100 will be better. Once again thank you so, so much take care. . I bid youFarewell, bon voyage my lovely Lady Plop. Regards Alan (team AJ)
    Posted by ajmilton
    Thanks Team AJ!
    Highlighted comment above made my day!
  • edited November 2014
    In Response to Re: Calling All PLO8 DYM Players, Our Competition, Scoreboards, Results, Chirps & Whatnot. : Thanks Team AJ! Highlighted comment above made my day!
    Posted by Macacgirl1
    Glad to hear it Karen (can I call you Karen, we are virtual mates)
    It's true, I really love plo8. It's fascinating, your hand changes dramatically on every street 
    What's not to like
    Your a great ambassador for Plo8. Your work is done, long live the ploppers
    I thank you, but not as much as TK who is lining his pockets at the tables as I type this lol.

Regards Alan (team AJ rocks)
  • edited November 2014
    yeuk
    why did i come back
    since then 1/6

maybe because i love it
    although a bit love/hate just at the moment

current total 9/18
  • edited November 2014
    yeuk why did i come back since then 1/6 maybe because i love it although a bit love/hate just at the moment current total 9/18
    Posted by GELDY
    Rusty?
  • edited November 2014
    In Response to Re: Calling All PLO8 DYM Players, Our Competition, Scoreboards, Results, Chirps & Whatnot. : Rusty?
    Posted by 67Bhoys
    Gold, and hence GELDY, does not rust, especially as that is a term applied to the oxidation of iron compounds. However I may be a little tarnished due to my impurities......
  • edited November 2014

Hardly what you would call a triumphant return to my beloved plopper family.
    Five games in won 2 lost 3
    I need to remember how to play this game and fast lol
    good to be back, just sorry to see Karen go, someone else will have to volunteer to be my chat box buddy to drive Tikay crazy!!!!
    Merry Christmas Tony and we should all send him our yuletide greetings just to show how much we appreciate him
    Nick 

• edited November 2014
    Hi AJ i will as soon as I get home ....im away at the moment and for some reason i cannot access the sharkscope website...bizarre! anyhow I have seen your message and will check when I can.

Ger (off for a meal now to stuff my face :D)
  • edited November 2014
    What leaving barrow for corfu? Oh wait i have spent time in both places and that sounds a good move to me.

Just want to say thanks for your support on the tables and the forum. With a little help from tikay you have created tremendous interest and volume on the plo8 tables.

Still very much a novice but love the game and the atmosphere.

Sounds like you have an incredible holiday to look forward to as well. Enjoy and have a long and happy retirement. 
  • edited November 2014

Nothing to do with the challenge, but I did take down the FOSP PLO8 Tourny....

67Bhoys270001£17.55painter00702£9.45Ron212103 geoff194604 Chris_Mc05 Ice_Tiger06 sherifoo707 churchy1808 azure18709

• edited November 2014
    91 played
    50 won

so according to my extensive studies in mathematical theory I cannot now lose less than i have won....result
  • edited November 2014
    91 played 50 won so according to my extensive studies in mathematical theory I cannot now lose less than i have won....result
    Posted by HENDRIK62
    Congrats...It's official, you are not a Loser.
  • edited November 2014
    PlayedStakeCostWonWinningsProfitWin %
    31£0.60£18.6021£21.00£2.4067.74
    13£1.15£14.9510£20.00£5.0576.92
    1£2.25£2.251£4.00£1.75100.00
    18£3.30£59.4011£66.00£6.6061.11
    1£5.50£5.500£0.00-£5.500.00

64 £100.7043£111.00£10.3067.19
    Won 4/5 today, calling it a night, early start at work tomorrow.
  • edited November 2014

12/20.   Sorry to hear you are retiring from here Mac but pleased to hear the reasons why. Have a fantastic holiday and hope you have a long and happy retirement.
  • edited November 2014
    In Response to Re: Calling All PLO8 DYM Players, Our Competition, Scoreboards, Results, Chirps & Whatnot. : Congrats...It's official, you are not a Loser.
    Posted by 67Bhoys

And we battered Hearts today.....all in all nae bad ;-)

• edited December 2014
    Another bad session losing 3 of 5.

Played 89  won 59  66.3%

Best poss:   70
     Worst poss  59
     Target         67

Still very good overall so nothing to complain about. Bit of run bad at the end to crush the slim hope of winning. but am still sat very nicely within my own personal targets

If i lose the last 11 games it will not take away from how much fun this challenge has been and how great it has been for all concerned
  • edited December 2014
    after last nights played 4 won 2

I am now at 95 /52
  • edited December 2014
    just ran into macacgirl on some NHLE tables......she just turned me over about 3 hands in she held AA vs my KK aipf ........multi talent!!

(I did take her out in the other one though....so its 1-1 lol)
  • edited December 2014
    just ran into macacgirl on some NHLE tables......she just turned me over about 3 hands in she held AA vs my KK aipf ........multi talent!! (I did take her out in the other one though....so its 1-1 lol)
    Posted by HENDRIK62
    Sounds like a challenge!
  • edited December 2014
    Team AJ with his latest tidings, not good I'm afraid
    Played 90.....won 36.....lost 54

had a few bad sessions as a matter of fact
     I've only won 5 of my last 20 games, (what's that all about)some of it down
     to bad beats, coolers and whatnots and some of it down to
    bad play, or as we poker peeps call it variance (that's it I'll put it down to variance )

So 10 games left, think I'll have a bit of fun with these.
    Before it all gets a bit serious with the second chance saloon.
    until then I will just keep plopping along. (and try not to over coach myself) 

Regards Alan  
  • edited December 2014

Better day today. 4/4

Running total  plated 93 won 63  67.7%

Best poss   70
    Worst poss 63
    Target       67

have done enough to move in to provisional third and only 2 behind the old man. Would be chuffed to bits if i could set the second best target. Anyone who could beat it would be worthy to do so
  • edited December 2014
    PlayedStakeCostWonWinningsProfitWin %
    31£0.60£18.6021£21.00£2.4067.74
    15£1.15£17.2512£24.00£6.7580.00
    1£2.25£2.251£4.00£1.75100.00
    18£3.30£59.4011£66.00£6.6061.11
    1£5.50£5.500£0.00-£5.500.00

66 £103.0045£115.00£12.0068.18
    Only played 2 games tonight, I was playing 3 tables in the forum DTD.  I opened a PLO8 table and promptly went out of 2 tournaments, guess trying to play both formats multitabling is not such a good idea.

Anyway played 2 won 2 @ £1.15. 

Team AJ was on both tables, and was unfortunate that the rest of the players at the table did not understand the rules, and had the audacity to call when he raised.  Sort it out Sky.