You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Calling All PLO8 DYM Players, Our Competition, Scoreboards, Results, Chirps & Whatnot.

Comments

• edited November 2014
    Evening ploppers Team AJ here,  reporting my HIgh's and LOw's of last night's play.
     All told I've won a 50p, £1,£2, and  £3 game, so just a £5 and an £11 game to win to get my name on the
    whatsit board. talking of which I requested maca to add me to the 
    "it's rigged obvs" board THREE DAYS AGO STILL WAITING ( 6 losses in a row )

anyway back to last night only played 5 games    4=£1games and 1= £5 game
    won 3 of the £1 games and to my utter amazement lost the £5 game (bubbled again) 

never the less I am really enjoying this challenge and have no doubt I will win
    The £5 and £11 games, and have my name in lights (on the whatsit board)
     if maca can spare the time that is, THREE DAYS AND WAITING  Sort it mac!

I have whilst playing the £1 games been offering some  chat box coaching 
    mainly to the new faces that pop up (not the ploppers they already know. OR SHOULD DO!)
    because there new they have the basics of the game, but don't understand bet sizing 
    for example if I raise you have 2 choices Fold or go and make a cup of tea.
    do not try and reraise under any circumstances, this will only end in tears for you, and then you'll have make a cup of tea just to make things better.

I'll try and get some more games in tonight 
    stats so far 
    played 65 won 29 lost 36

**please note chat box coaching is only available at the £1 tables **

Regards Alan
  • edited November 2014
    Just reached the mid point of my second 100, it's not great.

Won 26 of 50, so currently on a 52% win rate and £9.90 down.
  • edited November 2014

Started 2nd chance,  4/9.
  • edited November 2014

Session # 10 (now reached the 90% mark)

Games played 10, as follows....

£3.30, P8, W6, L2

£5.50, P2, W1, L1

£11.00, P0, W0, L0

= Played 10, Won 7

TOTAL TO DATE

P90, W58, L32 = 64%.
  • edited November 2014

Penultimate Previously Preliminary Perfected Proper Patent Pending Plipper Plopper Predict-O-Meter (Poo).

Worst possible outcome is 58% of games won

Best possible outcome is 68% of games won

SO I predict I will win between 58% & 68% of my 100 games.

Actual current Predict-O-Meter reading is....

58%--------68%
  • edited November 2014
    In Response to Re: Calling All PLO8 DYM Players, Our Competition, Scoreboards, Results, Chirps & Whatnot.:
    Hi all I have a terrible confession to make - I comletely forgot about this challenge :O   I have so far only played one game (and lost) but forgot to make a note of what the buy in was.  I got myself confused about which games count in the challenge and couldn't remember if tourneys counted too or just the dyms.  The lovely Geldy cleared it up for me today so from tomorrow night I'll be back playing and trying to learn the game.  
    Posted by IrishRose
    Hi Rose, to try and play 100 would be a big ask of you, but we would be chuffed if you jumped onboard and played as many as you felt comfortable with. You might find after a couple that you love the game! Best of luck!
  • edited November 2014
    Very well done to TK for smashing my pitiful effort to bits.
    Thoroughly deserved.
    I know I give him verbal in the chat-box, but that's because I love him to bits.
    Now TK, don't you think you should play and win a 60p, a £1 and a £2 game to be mentioned in despatches?  You'll also have the pleasure of receiving some in-game coaching from Team AJ. He's a force to be reckoned with!
  • edited November 2014
    Woop woop 45% every time i play it goes up
    now that cant be bad. Got 31 games left to play
    my target is 50%  anything over that will be a bonus 
    if i can win a£5+ £11 game i may finish in profit
    beware TK  i will visit you shortly .once i.ve  built my br of £2:07 up
    You have been warned.

Regards Alan

• edited November 2014
    Definitely passing on those £3.30s is looking like the right move for me. Since I decided that, at the 60p level my recent games have gone LLWWWWWWWWW so that's 9 in a row at the moment.

Will try for double figures later tonight....

Edit - just won 10th in a row. Back for more tomorrow
  • edited November 2014
    Cant even beat the 60p level at the moment
    PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    VespaPX Small blind   150.00 150.00 2600.00
    xx
    Big blind   300.00 450.00 2910.00
      Your hole cards
    • A
    • A

Slottiger Fold        
    JCG45 Fold        
    VespaPX Raise   750.00 1200.00 1850.00
    xx
    Raise   2400.00 3600.00 510.00
    VespaPX All-in   1850.00 5450.00 0.00
    xx
    Call   50.00 5500.00 460.00
    VespaPX Show
    • A
    • A

xx
    Show

Flop

• A

Turn

• Q

River

• K

xx
    Win high Flush to the Ace 2750.00   3210.00
    xx
    Win low 5-low 2750.00   5960.00
  • edited November 2014

Another small session. Just 4 games and won 3

Current recor Played 79 won 55  69.6%

Best poss:  76
    worst poss: 55
    Target  :    67
  • edited November 2014
    Three quarter the way through played 75
    last ten not so good ..won 4 ..lost 6
    so for the record ..won 33  .lost  42

On a brighter note I played Talon tonight and was able to give him a few chat box tips, 
    hence he won 3 out of 4 tonight. (he's a quick learner, credit were it's due)
    if any one else wants tips while there playing me, don't be shy just ask.

**please note, chat box coaching is only available at the £1 tables**

Regards Alan

• edited November 2014
    played 2 today, won 1 lost 1,
    total 21/38, 55ish%
  • edited November 2014
    In Response to Re: Calling All PLO8 DYM Players, Our Competition, Scoreboards, Results, Chirps & Whatnot.:
    Cant even beat the 60p level at the moment Player Action Cards Amount Pot Balance VespaPX Small blind   150.00 150.00 2600.00 xx Big blind   300.00 450.00 2910.00   Your hole cards A 9 2 A       Slottiger Fold         JCG45 Fold         VespaPX Raise   750.00 1200.00 1850.00 xx Raise   2400.00 3600.00 510.00 VespaPX All-in   1850.00 5450.00 0.00 xx Call   50.00 5500.00 460.00 VespaPX Show A 9 2 A       xx Show 10 2 3 4       Flop     A 5 3       Turn     Q       River     K       xx Win high Flush to the Ace 2750.00   3210.00 xx Win low 5-low 2750.00   5960.00
    Posted by VespaPX

Ouch!

For rubs, he did not even need the flush, he flopped the wheel. Yikes.

Hard to imagine why anyone would want to get a full stack in with 10-2-3-4, but I guess we all have our own ways of playing the game.

Was the villain Spite Lady? I'm assuming it was.
  • edited November 2014
    Three quarter the way through played 75 last ten not so good ..won 4 ..lost 6 so for the record ..won 33  .lost  42 On a brighter note I played Talon tonight and was able to give him a few chat box tips,  hence he won 3 out of 4 tonight. (he's a quick learner, credit were it's due) if any one else wants tips while there playing me, don't be shy just ask. **please note, chat box coaching is only available at the £1 tables** Regards Alan    
    Posted by ajmilton
     Did thank you personally in the chat box for your help.

That dym was a very interesting one and i might post up a few hands from it. The fact that 2 people sat out whenever i was involved in a pot was interesting enough. Me running like god and hitting monsters for fun was not interesting. But there were several crucial hands in it.

It did not last all that long up to the 50/100 level. But 2 people crashed out with stacks around the starting point by just calling away with marginals against me. The third was down at 10BB and chose to draw a line in the sand which is standard.

But it does demonatrate well the lack of understanding of this game that some have. Chasing any sort of Hi draw with no Lo backup. Chasing any sort of Lo draw with no Hi. Or my personal favourite the inability to folds sets under any circumstances.
  • edited November 2014
    Very well done to TK for smashing my pitiful effort to bits. Thoroughly deserved. I know I give him verbal in the chat-box, but that's because I love him to bits. Now TK, don't you think you should play and win a 60p, a £1 and a £2 game to be mentioned in despatches?  You'll also have the pleasure of receiving some in-game coaching from Team AJ. He's a force to be reckoned with!
    Posted by Macacgirl1
    Thanks Karen, it's mutual. Ish.

Yes, I finished the 100 Game Challenge last night, so now I'll have a look at doing some of the "sideys".

I'll do another 100, too, though I don't expect to score as well next time.

As long as I beat your second 100, I'll be a happy chappie. I don't expect to fail that minor challenge.

• edited November 2014
    Definitely passing on those £3.30s is looking like the right move for me. Since I decided that, at the 60p level my recent games have gone LLWWWWWWWWW so that's 9 in a row at the moment. Will try for double figures later tonight.... Edit - just won 10th in a row. Back for more tomorrow
    Posted by FCHD
    BOOM!

Well done Barny.

It does not msatter what level you play at, as long as you enjoy the game, but it'd be good to see you back in the £3.30's soon. Your game is just fine, but variance is such a beast sometimes.
  • edited November 2014

Challenge now Complete

Session # 11 (now reached the 100% mark)

Games played 10, as follows....

£3.30, P7, W6, L1

£5.50, P2, W0, L2

£11.00, P1, W1, L0

= Played 10, Won 7

TOTAL TO DATE

P100, W65, L35 = 65%.
  • edited November 2014

100 Game Summary

£3.30, P70, W48 = 69%

£5.50, P24, W13 = 54%

£11, P6, W4 = 67%

Overall P100, W65, = 65%

Profit = £69, which is £0.69 per game
  • edited November 2014

Coulda-woulda.........

Two bad sessions done me, those two sessions I only won 8 from 20, I just ran terri-bad. 

In the other nine sessions, I ran really good, way above ev.

On balance, I ran pretty good, which explains why I got 65%, & not my long term average of just under 60%.

I lerft nothing behind in terms of effort, enthusiasm, focus or concentration, I really tried hard to win this, so no regrets. Mike is way ahead of me in the Clubhouse, & plenty of others are in good shape to overtake me.

No excuses here at all, I could not have tried harder, & this % was above my expectations, so well done all.  
  • edited November 2014

Quick "thank you" to Macac for organising this, & coming up with the idea, & Ger for helping with the Sharkscope numbers.

What a great idea, & the Ploppers all played it in the right spirit.

The thread runs to nearly 700 Posts, & 35 pages, & I've not seen one bit of "bad blood", bad manners, or moany-woany-whingey stuff. Could that ever happen in NLH?

I've played poker at some pretty high levels over 15 years, but after all that time, I've now found the level & the game I most enjoy, & the people I play with are the best ever.

Proud to be a Plopper? You bet.

Thank you.
  • edited November 2014

Nice score tikay. Clubhouse second and a nice return. Also really nice comments about this comp and thread which should be said to all. The organisation has been superb and it has attracted the very best of posters.

Though i will say i think the whole thread has been hijacked and stolen by team AJ. Which has made it a much more interesting read
  • edited November 2014

I have to agree, the sportsmanship has been spiffing.
    Well done all.
    I'll update the board later today when a few more scores will most likely have come in.
    My best 100 since failing miserably has been 65, which is as good as I'd ever get and would prob take me another 5 goes to equal, so unless I hit a silly run good period, that'll be my final second chance saloon figure.
    I'll be having a go at the bravery thing tonight, I think I've completed it twice up and including the £5 game, but had stupidly done it the wrong time of the day when no £11 game would ever start, so I gave up on it and went back to the £3 games!
    And, what TK says, ta everyone.

• edited November 2014
    In Response to Re: Calling All PLO8 DYM Players, Our Competition, Scoreboards, Results, Chirps & Whatnot. : Ouch! For rubs, he did not even need the flush, he flopped the wheel. Yikes. Hard to imagine why anyone would want to get a full stack in with 10-2-3-4, but I guess we all have our own ways of playing the game.   Was the villain Spite Lady? I'm assuming it was.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Ha no it wasn't Karen but was another reg at the 60p level which suprised me when i saw his cards.

Hey ho onwards and downwards !
  • edited November 2014
    played 3, won 3
    24/41, 58.5%

well over my original target of 40% so far and up to a small profit of 2.05
  • edited November 2014
    An interesting fact based on the latest stats is that of those that have finished 100 games 9 have stats of above 50% and only 2 below. Of those yet to finish 16 currently have stats above 50%, 4 of exactly 50% and 4 below 50%.

Given that the average must be 50% I assume this means that the 'non regs' i.e. those not in the competition, are being absolutely crushed by the regs!

Obviously this is not conducive to getting more people playing this great game and not helped by BBMike, Tikay, Eon etc slaughtering all before them.

I have done my best recently to redress this and fully expect other regs to also play ball and lose a few!
  • edited November 2014
    An interesting fact based on the latest stats is that of those that have finished 100 games 9 have stats of above 50% and only 2 below. Of those yet to finish 16 currently have stats above 50%, 4 of exactly 50% and 4 below 50%. Given that the average must be 50% I assume this means that the 'non regs' i.e. those not in the competition, are being absolutely crushed by the regs! Obviously this is not conducive to getting more people playing this great game and not helped by BBMike, Tikay, Eon etc slaughtering all before them. I have done my best recently to redress this and fully expect other regs to also play ball and lose a few!
    Posted by Enut

How about losing a lot?
  • edited November 2014

Bad session for me and my very slim chance of catching mike is all but over. only won 2 from 5

Record played 84 won 57  67.8%

Best poss:   73
    worst poss:  57
    Target :       67
  • edited November 2014
    Ger can u check how i've done again please.
    Probably got on the its rigged leaderboard but got the bravery award again
    I would like to see how I do over 1000 games to get a true reflection.
    AJ gave me some tips on how to improve (very grateful) thanks AJ.
  • edited November 2014
    84 played
    45 won

trying the bavery cross again tonight