You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Calling All PLO8 DYM Players, Our Competition, Scoreboards, Results, Chirps & Whatnot.

Comments

• edited November 2014
    In Response to Re: Calling All PLO8 DYM Players, Our Competition, Scoreboards, Results, Chirps & Whatnot.:

Session # 7 (now reached the 60% mark)

Games played 10, as follows....

£3.30, P7, W7, L0

£5.50, P2, W1, L1

£11.00, P1, W0, L1

= Played 10, Won 8

TOTAL TO DATE

P60, W43, L17 = 72%.

Posted by Tikay10
    Have you thought about sticking with the £3.30's given the results above?

Some questions for everyone:

Do you worry about table selection given the amount of these that run or do you just jump into any table about to fill?

Has anyone looked at their results for each buy in level and decided to concentrate on that level given their past performance?
  • edited November 2014

48/93.  4/4 tonight, 7 to go which will prob play tomorrow.
  • edited November 2014

Has anyone spoken to, or seen "pompeynic" at the tables recently?

Not seen him around for ages. Really lovely guy, & one of us, hope he is ok.
  • edited November 2014

Nic was around a wee while ago and said he was super busy at work so couldn't play as much as he'd like to. Other than that he said he was fine.

Open letter to everyone.
    Dear ploppers, a few people asked me in chat-box/made comments yesterday, if my luck had changed and if I was running any better. Apologies for posting anything here (the why do people think AA+2lo is bad thingy, and a couple of tales of some outlandish beats) that appear as though I am moaning. I never moan about losing or what others have done, simply highlight these things if I think they're interesting or funny. Sorry if it appears otherwise. I've said it a billion times before, winning or losing mean nothing to me. I'm very sensible with BR management and could win the next 100 games or lose the next 100 games and either way it wouldn't make any difference. I play entirely for fun. Ta.

Okeydokey, now that I've said that, the following is rather important

I've updated the leaderboard and purely by coincidence, realised that I forgot to list the following rules on the front page before we started!
    So.
    1. Anyone who works for Sky -5%
    2. Anyone who goes plane-spotting -5%
    3. Anyone who calls me Spitey or Spite, or any variation thereof -5%
    4. Anyone who likes Smash, Gala Pie and Bisto, but doesn't like Christmas -5%
    5. Anyone who is capable of, or even thought of the idea of compiling a top 100 list of their favourite train trips -5%
    6. Anyone (name picked at random) called Tony -5%
    In the spirit of fair play, if you can perm any 4 of the above 6, then I trust that posted scores will be adjusted accordingly.

Hope you come back soon Vesp, fighting fit. You don't seem to have been back long after your internet going AWOL, so I hope you haven't taken a battering in such a short space of time.

To answer the couple of questions from Machka..
    Table selection doesn't cross my mind, these are low stakes fun tables and as such I'd play any of them, against anybody. The £3 tables fill the quickest so I play them.
    I probably have a better success rate at £5 and £11 than £3, but obviously don't bother much with them, as they don't run as often. Actually, I'd be amazed if I didn't have a better ROI from NLH DYMs, but I don't play to win money.

Finally, quite a few new names played last night. Great to see, if you're reading, please come back! The more, the merrier. I'm quite often juggling telephone calls, but if not and able, will chat away and enhance your life and wellbeing with an interesting fact or two.
  • edited November 2014
    In Response to Re: Calling All PLO8 DYM Players, Our Competition, Scoreboards, Results, Chirps & Whatnot.:
    Nic was around a wee while ago and said he was super busy at work so couldn't play as much as he'd like to. Other than that he said he was fine. Open letter to everyone. Dear ploppers, a few people asked me in chat-box/made comments yesterday, if my luck had changed and if I was running any better. Apologies for posting anything here (the why do people think AA+2lo is bad thingy, and a couple of tales of some outlandish beats) that appear as though I am moaning. I never moan about losing or what others have done, simply highlight these things if I think they're interesting or funny. Sorry if it appears otherwise. I've said it a billion times before, winning or losing mean nothing to me. I'm very sensible with BR management and could win the next 100 games or lose the next 100 games and either way it wouldn't make any difference. I play entirely for fun. Ta. Okeydokey, now that I've said that, the following is rather important I've updated the leaderboard and purely by coincidence, realised that I forgot to list the following rules on the front page before we started! So. 1. Anyone who works for Sky -5% 2. Anyone who goes plane-spotting -5% 3. Anyone who calls me Spitey or Spite, or any variation thereof -5% 4. Anyone who likes Smash, Gala Pie and Bisto, but doesn't like Christmas -5% 5. Anyone who is capable of, or even thought of the idea of compiling a top 100 list of their favourite train trips -5% 6. Anyone (name picked at random) called Tony -5% In the spirit of fair play, if you can perm any 4 of the above 6, then I trust that posted scores will be adjusted accordingly. Hope you come back soon Vesp, fighting fit. You don't seem to have been back long after your internet going AWOL, so I hope you haven't taken a battering in such a short space of time. To answer the couple of questions from Machka.. Table selection doesn't cross my mind, these are low stakes fun tables and as such I'd play any of them, against anybody. The £3 tables fill the quickest so I play them. I probably have a better success rate at £5 and £11 than £3, but obviously don't bother much with them, as they don't run as often. Actually, I'd be amazed if I didn't have a better ROI from NLH DYMs, but I don't play to win money. Finally, quite a few new names played last night. Great to see, if you're reading, please come back! The more, the merrier. I'm quite often juggling telephone calls, but if not and able, will chat away and enhance your life and wellbeing with an interesting fact or two.
    Posted by Macacgirl1
    Morning Spitey,

Do we know anyone who fits that criteria?

PS - Xmas is cancelled apparently, happy days, but I'll be having Smash, Gala Pie & Bisto Gravy Granules for dinner that day. Best dinner ever.  

• edited November 2014
    I'm back in the lobby, having another go from tonight
    Posted by bbMike
    Good luck Mike.

You hold the Clubhouse Lead with 69% on your first bullet - I honestly don't think that will be beaten.

I'm currently on 71%, but I've run very hot, & based on my long trm results, which average about 58% or 59%, I'm pretty certain I'll not be able to sustain the current run-good.

If you manage anything like 69% on bullet Two, I reckon you can say you are the best PLO8 DYM player on Sky Poker, That's an amazing %, it really is.

• edited November 2014

AJ Milton

Dunno what others think, but Alan is the thread "hero" for me.

Most players who ran badly in this just stopped reporting numbers, but the worse he ran, the more Alan reported, every day, without fail.

Great humour, & self-deprecation, & a genuinely nice guy.

I hope this does not come across wrong, but if Alan wants a little help with his game, some 1 to 1 help, I would deffo like to try & help him, & I know Spite Girl (& probably many others too) would also offer to help.

Serious & genuine offer, & I hope it is taken in the spirit intended.

• edited November 2014
    Nic was around a wee while ago and said he was super busy at work so couldn't play as much as he'd like to.
    Posted by Macacgirl1

Ahh, never knew that, that's good news.

I've dropped a PM to both him & Vespa this morning.
  • edited November 2014
    In Response to Re: Calling All PLO8 DYM Players, Our Competition, Scoreboards, Results, Chirps & Whatnot. : Have you thought about sticking with the £3.30's given the results above?
    Posted by Machka
    Not really Aaron, last night (7-0) was just a freak result. I've managed to lose them 7-0 in the past, too!

I make more money at the £5.50 & £11 games, but they don't run often enough, so my fallback is £3.30 games.

Sample size is key, too, a 10 game session means nothing. I think minimum sample size is 1,000 games.  

• edited November 2014
    In Response to Re: Calling All PLO8 DYM Players, Our Competition, Scoreboards, Results, Chirps & Whatnot. : : Do you worry about table selection given the amount of these that run or do you just jump into any table about to fill? Posted by Machka
    Table selection? No, never.

My "method", as I prefer to play 6 tables at a time (it aids my concentration & focus) is to register first for the available games in the lobby @ £3.30, £5.50 & £11. 

As soon as they get 4 players, the next one opens, & 95% of the time I'm the FIRST to register for the next game.

I DO look at the other names in the Lobby, as it starts to fill, but I never withdraw, no matter who they are. 

I regged for one last night, & the next 2 names to register were _kagawa_ (VERY good PLO8 HU player) & Alexis74. To be honest, there is no value in playing these guys, they are technically very good indeed, but it is what it is, & I never considered withdrawing.

Joking aside, there is no value in taking on Spitey, she is very good indeed, but I don't think it makes any sense to try & dodge her or anyone else.

Hope it does not sound arrogant, but whilst there are plenty of really good players here, many of whom regularly get the better of me, I have no fear of any of them, & the day I start swerving PL)8 players will be the day I quit.

There are, as it happens, just TWO players in the Sky Poker PLO8 DYM's who I know absolutely own me, no doubt about it, but they never ever play at the same time, so even if they are too good for me, we only need to finish 3rd, so I never swerve either of them. (Neither of them are in Spitey's Challenge).  
  • edited November 2014
    "There are, as it happens, just TWO players in the Sky Poker PLO8 DYM's who I know absolutely own me, no doubt about it, but they never ever play at the same time, so even if they are too good for me, we only need to finish 3rd, so I never swerve either of them. (Neither of them are in the 100 game challenge"

Is that the one player who never plays at the same time as the other one who is chat banned, so if the chat banned one wins a couple, the other one returns to gloat in observer chat? Those - cough - two?

Or is it the one who is actually extremely good and as soon as the month long new joiners bonus period was completed he stopped playing for a bit, then another player who played exactly the same and said exact same comments in chat-box started to play? Those -cough - cough- two?

• edited November 2014
    In Response to Re: Calling All PLO8 DYM Players, Our Competition, Scoreboards, Results, Chirps & Whatnot. : Good luck Mike. You hold the Clubhouse Lead with 69% on your first bullet - I honestly don't think that will be beaten. I'm currently on 71%, but I've run very hot, & based on my long trm results, which average about 58% or 59%, I'm pretty certain I'll not be able to sustain the current run-good. If you manage anything like 69% on bullet Two, I reckon you can say you are the best PLO8 DYM player on Sky Poker, That's an amazing %, it really is.  
    Posted by Tikay10
    Ha! Not sure I would be running around saying that any time soon! I'm not going again because I expect to better the score, just that I've enjoyed the games so might as well keep count for the next set. In reality I don't play many per night so this batch may even not get finished. Won 4/4 last night so starting with a bit of bufferage. GL in your remaining fixtures.
  • edited November 2014
    I'm gonna play properly today, just decided.
    Until I get bored of it or until something like 6899 smashes my hand to bits.
    So, I reckon about three games in.

AJ was awesome yesterday, his chat-box comments had me proper belly laughing.
    I guess you had to be there and read what was said prior to it, but his "So, be afraid, be very afraid" comments were super groovy.
  • edited November 2014
    I'm gonna play properly today, just decided. Until I get bored of it or until something like 6899 smashes my hand to bits. So, I reckon about three games in. AJ was awesome yesterday, his chat-box comments had me proper belly laughing. I guess you had to be there and read what was said prior to it, but his "So, be afraid, be very afraid" comments were super groovy.
    Posted by Macacgirl1
    Honestly, I think he is the greatest.
  • edited November 2014
    "There are, as it happens, just TWO players in the Sky Poker PLO8 DYM's who I know absolutely own me, no doubt about it, but they never ever play at the same time, so even if they are too good for me, we only need to finish 3rd, so I never swerve either of them. (Neither of them are in the 100 game challenge" Is that the one player who never plays at the same time as the other one who is chat banned, so if the chat banned one wins a couple, the other one returns to gloat in observer chat? Those - cough - two? Or is it the one who is actually extremely good and as soon as the month long new joiners bonus period was completed he stopped playing for a bit, then another player who played exactly the same and said exact same comments in chat-box started to play? Those -cough - cough- two?
    Posted by Macacgirl1
    Ha!

Nicely put, if I may say so.

No further comment M'Lady.

• edited November 2014
    PlayedStakeCostWonWinningsProfitWin %
    15£0.60£9.0010£10.00£1.0066.67
    3£1.15£3.452£4.00£0.5566.67
    0£2.25£0.000£0.00£0.00#DIV/0!
    12£3.00£36.009£54.00£18.0075.00
    1£5.50£5.500£0.00-£5.500.00

Updated table of results so far, my venture into the £5.50 table certainly put a dent in my profit.

I'm fairly chuffed at the 75% win rate at £3.30, I must have been extremely lucky at that level I guess.
  • edited November 2014
    Played Stake Cost Won Winnings Profit Win % 15 £0.60 £9.00 10 £10.00 £1.00 66.67 3 £1.15 £3.45 2 £4.00 £0.55 66.67 0 £2.25 £0.00 0 £0.00 £0.00 #DIV/0! 12 £3.00 £36.00 9 £54.00 £18.00 75.00 1 £5.50 £5.50 0 £0.00 -£5.50 0.00               31 12.5 53.95 21 68 14.05 67.74 Updated table of results so far, my venture into the £5.50 table certainly put a dent in my profit. I'm fairly chuffed at the 75% win rate at £3.30, I must have been extremely lucky at that level I guess.
    Posted by 67Bhoys
    So you should be, 75% is phenom.

Well done.
  • edited November 2014
    In Response to Re: Calling All PLO8 DYM Players, Our Competition, Scoreboards, Results, Chirps & Whatnot. : So you should be, 75% is phenom. Well done.
    Posted by Tikay10
    The run good can't last forever
  • edited November 2014
    ok quick update from me.

Due to other commitments not many games played.

Played 62 won 42 currnet win streak 3  67.7%

Currently on target for the upper end of my projected finish.

Best possible leaderboard finish is probably third. BBmike's impressive total will most probably elude me and the old man is putting up some serious numbers. Good to see the numbers of others coming in with some nice ones around. Some improving players no doubt.
  • edited November 2014
    ok quick update from me.  Due to other commitments not many games played.  Played 62 won 42 currnet win streak 3  67.7%   Currently on target for the upper end of my projected finish.  Best possible leaderboard finish is probably third. BBmike's impressive total will most probably elude me and the old man is putting up some serious numbers. Good to see the numbers of others coming in with some nice ones around. Some improving players no doubt.
    Posted by Talon
    Eh?

Who that?
  • edited November 2014
    Played Stake Cost Won Winnings Profit Win % 15 £0.60 £9.00 10 £10.00 £1.00 66.67 3 £1.15 £3.45 2 £4.00 £0.55 66.67 0 £2.25 £0.00 0 £0.00 £0.00 #DIV/0! 12 £3.00 £36.00 9 £54.00 £18.00 75.00 1 £5.50 £5.50 0 £0.00 -£5.50 0.00               31 12.5 53.95 21 68 14.05 67.74 Updated table of results so far, my venture into the £5.50 table certainly put a dent in my profit. I'm fairly chuffed at the 75% win rate at £3.30, I must have been extremely lucky at that level I guess.
    Posted by 67Bhoys

Nice running, was sat at your table (last night maybe, not sure if it was even plo8 or not lol) meant to ask about your alias, using my expert powers of deduction I would surmise you follow Rangers......;-)

ps. extra % points in the plopper challenge (to be cleared with commander macacgirl of course) if you can explain the significance of the numbers in my alias.....easy one that!

Neil
  • edited November 2014
    In Response to Re: Calling All PLO8 DYM Players, Our Competition, Scoreboards, Results, Chirps & Whatnot. : Nice running, was sat at your table (last night maybe, not sure if it was even plo8 or not lol) meant to ask about your alias, using my expert powers of deduction I would surmise you follow Rangers......;-) ps. extra % points in the plopper challenge (to be cleared with commander macacgirl of course) if you can explain the significance of the numbers in my alias.....easy one that! Neil
    Posted by HENDRIK62
    Yep, you got me a big Gers fan from Larkhall. 

My guess is the 62 is in reference to a very tight old firm game.

Craig
  • edited November 2014
    Posted by 67Bhoys
    Just pointing out your £3.00 stake should be £3.30.

You can't beat a good old spreadsheet.  :-)

Nice win % too.
  • edited November 2014
    In Response to Re: Calling All PLO8 DYM Players, Our Competition, Scoreboards, Results, Chirps & Whatnot. : Table selection? No, never. My "method", as I prefer to play 6 tables at a time (it aids my concentration & focus) is to register first for the available games in the lobby @ £3.30, £5.50 & £11.  As soon as they get 4 players, the next one opens, & 95% of the time I'm the FIRST to register for the next game. I DO look at the other names in the Lobby, as it starts to fill, but I never withdraw, no matter who they are.  I regged for one last night, & the next 2 names to register were _kagawa_ (VERY good PLO8 HU player) & Alexis74. To be honest, there is no value in playing these guys, they are technically very good indeed, but it is what it is, & I never considered withdrawing. Joking aside, there is no value in taking on Spitey, she is very good indeed, but I don't think it makes any sense to try & dodge her or anyone else. Hope it does not sound arrogant, but whilst there are plenty of really good players here, many of whom regularly get the better of me, I have no fear of any of them, & the day I start swerving PL)8 players will be the day I quit.   There are, as it happens, just TWO players in the Sky Poker PLO8 DYM's who I know absolutely own me, no doubt about it, but they never ever play at the same time, so even if they are too good for me, we only need to finish 3rd, so I never swerve either of them. (Neither of them are in Spitey's Challenge).  
    Posted by Tikay10
    Interesting answers.

I realise trying to dodge some players is virtually impossible since they appear to be sat at every table (you know who you are) but I do see some value in doing so on occasion.

Not value in the financial sense, since I'm a break even player since pretty much when I started on Sky Poker.

Where I would see the value in trying to table select is just to push that Win Rate % up by a % or two.

When I play something like this PLO8 100 DYM Comp I see it as something fun, but also as a personal challenge to try and achieve the best I can.

Clearly that strategy is working wonders at the moment...

2nd 100 - Won 20 out of 38 Win Rate = 53%
  • edited November 2014
    In Response to Re: Calling All PLO8 DYM Players, Our Competition, Scoreboards, Results, Chirps & Whatnot. : Just pointing out your £3.00 stake should be £3.30. You can't beat a good old spreadsheet.  :-) Nice win % too.
    Posted by Machka
    PlayedStakeCostWonWinningsProfitWin %
    15£0.60£9.0010£10.00£1.0066.67
    4£1.15£4.603£6.00£1.4075.00
    0£2.25£0.000£0.00£0.00#DIV/0!
    13£3.30£42.9010£60.00£17.1076.92
    1£5.50£5.500£0.00-£5.500.00

33 £62.0023£76.00£14.0069.70
    Thanks mate, you are correct I did get it a bit wrong, must be my age.

Amended table now displayed, won another couple this afternoon, run good still going my way, long may it continue.
  • edited November 2014
    In Response to Re: Calling All PLO8 DYM Players, Our Competition, Scoreboards, Results, Chirps & Whatnot. : Interesting answers. I realise trying to dodge some players is virtually impossible since they appear to be sat at every table (you know who you are) but I do see some value in doing so on occasion. Not value in the financial sense, since I'm a break even player since pretty much when I started on Sky Poker. Where I would see the value in trying to table select is just to push that Win Rate % up by a % or two. When I play something like this PLO8 100 DYM Comp I see it as something fun, but also as a personal challenge to try and achieve the best I can. Clearly that strategy is working wonders at the moment... 2nd 100 - Won 20 out of 38 Win Rate = 53%
    Posted by Machka
    I would say it is very difficult to select tables at plo8, they take forever to fill, plus there is a restricted player pool, probably less than 100, would be interesting to find out how many actually play plo8 on a regular basis.

Playing the same players all the time has the advantage, or disadvantage that you should know their style of play, which I find very important in PLO8.

This bit is very important,

Get Lucky
  • edited November 2014
    Hi Hendrik you have 75 played and 39 won.

Just reading through all the previous posts and what a great bunch you ploppers are....you all add to the buzz and excitement of the beautiful plo8 game!

Agree with the AJ comments ...I had the honour of sharing a table with him and he is very funny indeed.

BBMike you have set a fantastic target very well done and a very good player indeed from the times I have shared tables with you.

Most of all thank you to macacgirl with coming up with this suggestion ....it has certainly given us a target for november and on to december ...go girl! Plus I think your suggestion has helped make the plopper gang more of a friendly community that it already was ...Love it!

Ger
  • edited November 2014
    In Response to Re: Calling All PLO8 DYM Players, Our Competition, Scoreboards, Results, Chirps & Whatnot. : Yep, you got me a big Gers fan from Larkhall.  My guess is the 62 is in reference to a very tight old firm game. Craig
    Posted by 67Bhoys

O'neils first, No7 bagged two, one being that magnificent chip...
  • edited November 2014
    Thanks Ger,

I did have an excel spread on the laptop, but lost it when the disc started playing up, now the lappie is stripped bare waiting for a new disc which will be fitted tomorrow.

At least I am still above 50%.....result :-)
  • edited November 2014
    Taking another stab at the bravery cross.

Just won @£2.25 which seems to be my bogie level.

Will resume tomorrow.

Overall now 28/46