You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Calling All PLO8 DYM Players, Our Competition, Scoreboards, Results, Chirps & Whatnot.

Comments

• edited November 2014
    In Response to Re: Calling All PLO8 DYM Players, Our Competition, Scoreboards, Results, Chirps & Whatnot.:
    I've only been playing good hands unless I've had to (tiny stack etc) play bad hands (unless it's against TK of course, in which case any 4 is good enough) However, I am going to change my strategy. I have done nothing but lose lately, with, for the most part very good hands, so, I am going to start calling with the hands that are beating me all the time. So, it's game on with any ace, any pair, any flush draw, any 4 cards under 9! On a serious note, well not serious as I've played enough of these to know these things come in batches, but, I have never run so bad. Someone at a table yesterday who only witnessed 4 of my losses, described my bad luck as scary! It's a funny old thing, but if my first 100 games here, had been the last 100 I have played, I'd never in a million years have stayed. Just as well it wasn't like that, as TK would have missed out on all my brilliant chat and interesting facts.
    Posted by Macacgirl1
    I have played on the same table as you a few times, and I cannot see that you need to change your game much.  Maybe you could widen your range a little in the early stages, but as we all know DYMs ultimately come down to a flip when the blinds get to 100/200 and above, and as far as I can see, you are in the last 4 in 99% of your games.

I guess you are just losing more than your fair share of flips at the moment, which happens.

Maybe Tikay has an effigy made of you and is sticking pins in it everytime that you are in a flip??

• edited November 2014
    I hope he does have an effigy, that'll make a lovely pairing with the dartboard I have .....!

Oh, I know what I'm doing regarding how to get there in this, and believe it or not I have a very wide range early levels too if I think it's worth seeing a flop. I only mentioned my losses as it's obviously bad when someone else at a table witnesses it and refers to it as being scary!
  • edited November 2014
    In Response to Re: Calling All PLO8 DYM Players, Our Competition, Scoreboards, Results, Chirps & Whatnot.:
    I hope he does have an effigy, that'll make a lovely pairing with the dartboard I have .....! Oh, I know what I'm doing regarding how to get there in this, and believe it or not I have a very wide range early levels too if I think it's worth seeing a flop. I only mentioned my losses as it's obviously bad when someone else at a table witnesses it and refers to it as being scary!
    Posted by Macacgirl1
    A picture of Tikay on your dartboard may help!
  • edited November 2014
    2/2 today
    now at 17/32, up to 53% and up to 6 in a row
  • edited November 2014
    Popped in quickly this afternoon. Ran well, no doubt about that. 3/3.

Running total, won 61/90

Hopefully have some time tonight for a few more of these, nearly there.
  • edited November 2014
    I've only been playing good hands unless I've had to (tiny stack etc) play bad hands (unless it's against TK of course, in which case any 4 is good enough) However, I am going to change my strategy. I have done nothing but lose lately, with, for the most part very good hands, so, I am going to start calling with the hands that are beating me all the time. So, it's game on with any ace, any pair, any flush draw, any 4 cards under 9! On a serious note, well not serious as I've played enough of these to know these things come in batches, but, I have never run so bad. Someone at a table yesterday who only witnessed 4 of my losses, described my bad luck as scary! It's a funny old thing, but if my first 100 games here, had been the last 100 I have played, I'd never in a million years have stayed. Just as well it wasn't like that, as TK would have missed out on all my brilliant chat and interesting facts.
    Posted by Macacgirl1
    It's quite simple, you had a massive score recently with your UKOPS High Roller thingy final table (very well played obviously). The Poker Gods have obviously decided to take some revenge and have temporarily flicked your 'doom switch'. They are a fickle bunch but you are too good for it to last.
  • edited November 2014
    chin up, youll be fine no dought about it.

p.s sorry about earlier I had too put u all in :)  (I think)
  • edited November 2014

Session # 6 (now reached the halfway mark)

Games played 9, as follows....

£3.30, P5, W3, L2

£5.50, P3, W2, L1

£11.00, P1, W1, L0

= Played 9, Won 6

TOTAL TO DATE

P50, W35, L15 = 70%.
  • edited November 2014

Preliminary Perfected Proper Patent Pending Plopper Predict-O-Meter.

Worst possible outcome is 35% of games won

Best possible outcome is 85% of games won

SO I predict I will win between 35% & 85% of my 100 games.

Actual current Predict-O-Meter reading is....

35%--------85%
  • edited November 2014
    100 played and won 61...61%. Bad start but good finish.

My best win streak was 8!

My second 100 games starts as of 19.40 on Sunday 23rd Nov.

Ger
  • edited November 2014
    100 played and won 61...61%. Bad start but good finish. My best win streak was 8! My second 100 games starts as of 19.40 on Sunday 23rd Nov. Ger
    Posted by gerardirl

Well done Ger, 61% is good, and means you made a nice bit of profit.
  • edited November 2014
    Ok Played another 10 games  won 5   lost 5  ((should have won 7. my fault lack of discipline)

I have reached the half way stage in this 100 game challenge

50 games played ...won 22 ...lost 28

60p games = P 6...WON 1... LOST 5
    £1  games  = P 38 .WON 19.LOST 19
    £2  games  = P 1....WON 1 ...LOST 0
    £3  games =  P 5 ...WON 1...LOST 4
    best  .........win streak 3
    biggest... losing streak 6

The next 50 are going to be epic
    really enjoying my poker at the moment (a change is as good as a rest)
    Look out ploppers here I come.

Regards Alan
  • edited November 2014
    Stick a fork in me.

Decent final session. Ran very well early, kept writing UL in the chat. Won 8-2 this evening to add to the 3-0 this afternoon so very pleased. Slightly annoyed to just miss out on the magic 7-0%, but absolutely delighted to finish so high. Think I might have played <20 PLO8 DYMs before this challenge (maybe Ger can confirm?). I think I've stopped dead on 100, so hopefully someone can Scope that and confirm too.

Thanks for running this, have had a ball.

GL all.

Final running total, won 69/100.

You'll find me in the clubhouse.
  • edited November 2014
    Vwp bbmike.

I was one of those u typed ul too.

Gg
  • edited November 2014
    Completed third set of 100 games at £3.00 level, with 53%. Try again from now please.
  • edited November 2014
    Completed third set of 100 games at £3.00 level, with 53%. Try again from now please.
    Posted by winshoes
    Cracking, please let me know if you beat your other score this time around and I'll update your score on the second chance thing if you do so, ta.
  • edited November 2014

Dear diary, woke up refreshed and breezy. Treadmill, shower, breakfast. Sit at desk, work for a couple of hours. Things get quiet, decide to have a game. Feel enthused. Gonna super try my best for a second chance 100. See how I can get on. Focused, love the game, want to try for once!
    So, first game, four of us left. Monster stack of 6000 staying out of it, rest of us 2000 each.

I'm on the BB, with the ploptastic AA34 DS.
    SB raises, you know the rest.
    SB shows AJJJ.

I lose, SB scoops.

This isn't a woe is me post, or me in need of a cyber cuddle, i just found it funny that it happened the first game of 100 when I was determined to try my best!

• edited November 2014
    Dear diary, woke up refreshed and breezy. Treadmill, shower, breakfast. Sit at desk, work for a couple of hours. Things get quiet, decide to have a game. Feel enthused. Gonna super try my best for a second chance 100. See how I can get on. Focused, love the game, want to try for once! So, first game, four of us left. Monster stack of 6000 staying out of it, rest of us 2000 each. I'm on the BB, with the ploptastic AA34 DS. SB raises, you know the rest. SB shows AJJJ. I lose, SB scoops. This isn't a woe is me post, or me in need of a cyber cuddle, i just found it funny that it happened the first game of 100 when I was determined to try my best!
    Posted by Macacgirl1

AA is only good in holdem ! :-)
  • edited November 2014
    Ha!
    I lost, well, was crippled, with AA26 DS a couple of games ago too, against A289, on a 38Q flop.
    Up pops the predictable comment in the chat-box "AA is such a bad hand"
  • edited November 2014
    In Response to Re: Calling All PLO8 DYM Players, Our Competition, Scoreboards, Results, Chirps & Whatnot. : Well done Ger, 61% is good, and means you made a nice bit of profit.
    Posted by Tikay10
    I agree 61% is good - doesnt necessarily mean a nice bit of profit.

1/1 today got me back up to 61% and only just back into profit! That £11 loss going for the bravey cross kind of hurts the P/L column...

PLO8 100 challenge 61.0%
    BI R W P P/L
    0.5 0.1 5 7 £0.80
    1 0.15 5 7 £1.95
    2 0.25 2 6 -£5.50
    3 0.3 12 19 £9.30
    5 0.5 1 1 £4.50
    10 1 0 1 -£11.00
      TOTAL 25 41 £0.05
  • edited November 2014
    100 played and won 61...61%. Bad start but good finish. My best win streak was 8! My second 100 games starts as of 19.40 on Sunday 23rd Nov. Ger
    Posted by gerardirl
    hi ger can u chack how many games ive played please
  • edited November 2014
    Quite true Phantom depends what buy ins you won and lost...thankfully 86% of my games were £3.30so managed a small profit. Personally hoped for higher than 61% but determined to do better for the next 100!

Mk your on 76 played and 39 won.

Ger
  • edited November 2014
    If my records are correct, after 48 games I am 24/24 so bang on 50%

And totally off-topic'ish I just joined 8 turbo DYM's (to clear enough points to play the 10 point freerolls tonight) from 30p to £2 ones and won all 8!
  • edited November 2014
    Having a break from these for a while.
    Need to sort my head out (in both senses).

Gl all
  • edited November 2014
    hi folks,

I have kind of lost track, Ger sorry to ask but could you check where I am please, I don't think it is very good I lost my way big time :-( but loads of fun along the way 
  • edited November 2014
    I'm back in the lobby, having another go from tonight
  • edited November 2014
    Having a break from these for a while. Need to sort my head out (in both senses). Gl all
    Posted by VespaPX
    Hi Mick,

Hope all is well, you seemed a bit quiet tonight.

Come back soon, you are furniture here.

PS - Hope both the heads are soon back in good shape.

• edited November 2014
    Having a break from these for a while. Need to sort my head out (in both senses). Gl all
    Posted by VespaPX
    Missing you already....come back soon

xxx
  • edited November 2014

Session # 7 (now reached the 60% mark)

Games played 10, as follows....

£3.30, P7, W7, L0

£5.50, P2, W1, L1

£11.00, P1, W0, L1

= Played 10, Won 8

TOTAL TO DATE

P60, W43, L17 = 72%.
  • edited November 2014

Preliminary Perfected Proper Patent Pending Plipper Plopper Predict-O-Meter.

Worst possible outcome is 43% of games won

Best possible outcome is 83% of games won

SO I predict I will win between 43% & 83% of my 100 games.

Actual current Predict-O-Meter reading is....

43%--------83%