You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Calling All PLO8 DYM Players, Our Competition, Scoreboards, Results, Chirps & Whatnot.

Comments

• edited November 2014
    my Nemesis has returned, expect a massive downswing for me now.

after a rather nice little run of form, the one, the only Tikay has returned.....

Results against The maestro:

plyd 1  lost 1

on the bright side I did learn about Kendo Nagasakis post wrestling career ;-)
  • edited November 2014
    In Response to Re: Calling All PLO8 DYM Players, Our Competition, Scoreboards, Results, Chirps & Whatnot.:
    In Response to Re: Calling All PLO8 DYM Players, Our Competition, Scoreboards, Results, Chirps & Whatnot. : Gotta say the Swiss railways must be the most efficient in the world imo? (Other than Japan?) Many years ago a climbing mate & I had to travel across Switz in 2 days which involved circa 7/8 changes. (SOunds like the same journey you were on)  On 2 of the changes there was circa 10/15 mins to make the conx.  ANY delay was gonna cost us a fortune. When reviewing the details before we set off I said "We have NO chance!"   Suffice to say it all ran, well, like clockwork!  We arrived at Heathrow to..... a tube strike!  (Sorry to de-rail thread )
    Posted by Glenelg
    I thought they were amazing - clean, airy, punctual, reliable, & lovely to look at. Went on 7 or 8 train trips, & thry were all very enjoyable.

Even better, upon arrival from the UK at Geneva Airport, they give you - for free - a ticket to Geneva's Main Station, Cornavin. (€40 in a taxi). 

The Hotel also give free passes on trains, trams, trolley buses & water taxis. How good is that?  

• edited November 2014

Only a couple more for my records this time.

Played 53 won 35

Current streak won 13 out of last 14 including last 7.

was nice to see jimbod cash in the last game despite me leaving him short after throwing a nasty beat on him
  • edited November 2014
    I've just updated the leaderboard thingy.
    Special shout out to Cl00less for getting 12 on the trot, and to Vespa for proving he's not a complete OD!

Right then, my donking boots have gone back in the wardrobe, I'll be starting again proper this afternoon. I just played a game and I may as well have passed the laptop to a baboon to play for me. I've got to take this seriously the once I suppose, since I came up with the idea!

I'm currently researching lots of amazing & interesting facts for TK, so I can share later.
    As a teaser, did you know that statistically, more people commit suicide out of boredom on trains, than any other form of transport?

• edited November 2014
    In Response to Re: Calling All PLO8 DYM Players, Our Competition, Scoreboards, Results, Chirps & Whatnot.:
    I've just updated the leaderboard thingy. Special shout out to Cl00less for getting 12 on the trot, and to Vespa for proving he's not a complete OD! Right then, my donking boots have gone back in the wardrobe, I'll be starting again proper this afternoon. I just played a game and I may as well have passed the laptop to a baboon to play for me. I've got to take this seriously the once I suppose, since I came up with the idea! I'm currently researching lots of amazing & interesting facts for TK, so I can share later. As a teaser, did you know that statistically, more people commit suicide out of boredom on trains, than any other form of transport?
    Posted by Macacgirl1
    Dare i ask what an OD is?
  • edited November 2014
    OD?
    As you well know young man, it is/was the lowest rating/ranking in the RN.
    For the benefit of anyone reading, calling someone an OD isn't an insult, it's usually directed at someone if they've done something daft beneath their stature or ranking.
    For example, if an older gentleman, was to get drunk and fall over a wall and end up with scaffolding around his head, the ideal comment to make would be, 'you massive OD!'
  • edited November 2014
    OD? As you well know young man, it is/was the lowest rating/ranking in the RN. For the benefit of anyone reading, calling someone an OD isn't an insult, it's usually directed at someone if they've done something daft beneath their stature or ranking. For example, if an older gentleman, was to get drunk and fall over a wall and end up with scaffolding around his head, the ideal comment to make would be, 'you massive OD!'
    Posted by Macacgirl1

Ha

First young man then older gentleman, think i'm between the two.
    Bit of a split there !!
  • edited November 2014
    In Response to Re: Calling All PLO8 DYM Players, Our Competition, Scoreboards, Results, Chirps & Whatnot. : You'll not believe it, but when I tried to visit it, it was fully booked & I could not get in! Anyway, I went up a Mountain (The Alps I think) on a Cog Railway instead, & travelled on 9 different trains in Switzerland over 2 days, including visits to Geneva, Lausanne, Montreaux, & Geneva Airport, so it turned out pretty good in the end. Took a lot of photos of Swiss Locomotives & Trains, too.What more could a man wish for? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Montreux%E2%80%93Glion%E2%80%93Rochers-de-Naye_railway
    Posted by Tikay10
    Hmmm you didnt research this before hand then? 

1st record on Tripadvisor "Be sure to plan your tour to the Large Hadron Collider early, it fills up many months in advance."

Glad you enjoyed the trip though.
  • edited November 2014
    In Response to Re: Calling All PLO8 DYM Players, Our Competition, Scoreboards, Results, Chirps & Whatnot. : Hmmm you didnt research this before hand then?  1st record on Tripadvisor " Be sure to plan your tour to the Large Hadron Collider early, it fills up many months in advance." Glad you enjoyed the trip though.
    Posted by Phantom66
    I haven't told anybody this yet but I actually telephoned them and warned them Tikay was coming.

They asked me what he was like and when I told them they decided that, as they couldn't really shut, they would just nick a 'sorry we're fully booked' sign from the local Bed and Breakfast and put that in the window. Looks like to worked. 
  • edited November 2014
    Oh while I am here I think I am 20/33 at the moment. I might have done the mentioned in dispatches thingy but not sure, may have missed one of the lower buy ins. Certainly too complicated to try and do them in order!
  • edited November 2014
    3 more to add in
    now up to 9/20, 45%

win streak up to 5 in a row

wee bit better than the 27% from a few days back :)
  • edited November 2014
    Finished with 58 wins from 100 games. Had a bit of a nightmare day but wanted to complete the 100 games today. I didnt manage to win one £11 game in my challenge and so made a loss overall.

Have enjoyed a bit of PLO8 and its true that the games are friendlier than the other low stakes games on the site. GL all!
  • edited November 2014
    After being at 60% on my last update after 20 games, I have fought my way through another 10 games and find myself exactly where I started - at 60%.

30 games, 18 wins, 12 losses
    Best win streak 5
    Worst loss streak 4
  • edited November 2014
    Still slow progress from me,

P6 W3 L3 so 50%
  • edited November 2014
    Incred! 5 from 5 tonight. I won a 50p, a £1, a £2, a £3, then a £5. I return to the trench tonight, rest up, and head back out tomorrow. Survive that and the Bravery Cross is in the post. Fingers crossed, will be a tough crowd I'm sure.

Running total, won 57/82

Winning streak is currently at its peak on 6 so really hope I can scrape through the biggy and push on.

EDIT - I've come up with a new way of representing the result, showing the worst possible and best possible outcome given results so far and number of games to go.

The current state is:  57%--------75%

The distribution gets tighter as you go along.  I like it, might get it patented.  It's a kind of prediction meter for the plopper games. Just need to come up with a name for it...
  • edited November 2014
    Incred! 5 from 5 tonight. I won a 50p, a £1, a £2, a £3, then a £5. I return to the trench tonight, rest up, and head back out tomorrow. Survive that and the Bravery Cross is in the post. Fingers crossed, will be a tough crowd I'm sure. Running total, won 57/82 Winning streak is currently at its peak on 6 so really hope I can scrape through the biggy and push on. EDIT - I've come up with a new way of representing the result, showing the worst possible and best possible outcome given results so far and number of games to go. The current state is:  57%--------75% The distribution gets tighter as you go along.  I like it, might get it patented.  It's a kind of prediction meter for the plopper games. Just need to come up with a name for it...
    Posted by bbMike
    perhaps the patent pending plopper predict-a-meter?

I did see some other fella try some thing similar but he gave it a name of patented plopper predict-o-meter, but I just cant see that catching on
  • edited November 2014
    Incred! 5 from 5 tonight. I won a 50p, a £1, a £2, a £3, then a £5. I return to the trench tonight, rest up, and head back out tomorrow. Survive that and the Bravery Cross is in the post. Fingers crossed, will be a tough crowd I'm sure. Running total, won 57/82 Winning streak is currently at its peak on 6 so really hope I can scrape through the biggy and push on. EDIT - I've come up with a new way of representing the result, showing the worst possible and best possible outcome given results so far and number of games to go. The current state is:  57%--------75% The distribution gets tighter as you go along.  I like it, might get it patented.  It's a kind of prediction meter for the plopper games. Just need to come up with a name for it...
    Posted by bbMike
    5 from 5, & 57/82, those results are stunning, Mike. I've not seen a Leaderboard for a few days, but you must be odds on fave, surely, especially as you have played most of your games. Stay off my tables. Please.

LOVE that idea of a sort of Prediction Meter thing. If only I had thought of that.
  • edited November 2014
    In Response to Re: Calling All PLO8 DYM Players, Our Competition, Scoreboards, Results, Chirps & Whatnot. : perhaps the patent pending plopper predict-a-meter? I did see some other fella try some thing similar but he gave it a name of patented plopper predict-o-meter, but I just cant see that catching on
    Posted by mac24
    Agree, what a ridiculous name & idea that was.
  • edited November 2014

Session # 3

Games played 10, as follows....

£3.30, P5, W4, L1

£5.50, P4, W3, L1

£11.00, P1, W1, L0

= Played 10, Won 8

TOTAL TO DATE

P25, W17, L8 = 68%.
  • edited November 2014

Patent Pending Plopper Predict-O-Meter.

Worst possible outcome is 17% of games won

Best possible outcome is 92% of games won

SO I predict I will win between 17% & 92% of my 100 games.

Actual current Predict-O-Meter reading is....

17%--------92%
  • edited November 2014

There has now come about a serious issue on the site.

My results are now showing that either the software is majorly wrong or i am a good player. And we know the second is not the case.

Another small session and results getting better.

Played 56 won 38  67.8%

Current streak  16 out of the last 17 and won the last 10.

Normal service will undoubtably be resumed soon
  • edited November 2014
     There has now come about a serious issue on the site.  My results are now showing that either the software is majorly wrong or i am a good player. And we know the second is not the case. Another small session and results getting better. Played 56 won 38  67.8%  Current streak  16 out of the last 17 and won the last 10.  Normal service will undoubtably be resumed soon
    Posted by Talon
    Incred!

How do you guys do it?

Well done Colin.
  • edited November 2014
    Latest scores:

Played 60
    Won 37

62%

Another 8 in a row
  • edited November 2014
    2 more for tonight, won 1st putting my wins up to 6 in a row then lost 2nd
    10/22, 45%

p/l so far....

total stakes  16.45
    total returns 16.00

p/l               -0.45

the last loss has just put me back in the red on sharkscope, with a total loss of -0.29p from over 3,300 games played in total lol
  • edited November 2014
    Cannot get the £11 game going, and am hamstrung on the Bravery run. Try again tomorrow maybe.
  • edited November 2014
    I don't know if we are going out tonight or tomorrow Mike, but if you player search me and ask me to reg for a £11 table to help fill it, I will.  That goes for anyone, any level obviously.

Brilliant job Talon! Before we started I was asked who was gonna win and you were the first name of four I offered up.

New award for audacity
    Will be awarded to anyone who can get Sky Pokers new ambassador, Neil Channing, to play a PLO8 DYM. Any stake of course, but we might have to make it 60p or a £ as he'll be scared.
    I'm already researching lots of interesting facts for the chat-box, as apparently he likes to chat a bit.
  • edited November 2014
    I don't know if we are going out tonight or tomorrow Mike, but if you player search me and ask me to reg for a £11 table to help fill it, I will.  That goes for anyone, any level obviously. Brilliant job Talon! Before we started I was asked who was gonna win and you were the first name of four I offered up. New award for audacity Will be awarded to anyone who can get Sky Pokers new ambassador, Neil Channing, to play a PLO8 DYM. Any stake of course, but we might have to make it 60p or a £ as he'll be scared.
    Posted by Macacgirl1
    Same here, Mike, I'll be having sessions tonight, Saturday & Sunday. I always reg for the £11ers anyway, so we ought to get one going.

Generally, the £11ers don't get going until mid or late evening, but now & then they go between 5 & 7pm.

Obv, once you & AtItGirl register, I'll de-register. Can't be too careful, like.  

• edited November 2014
    if im on the site ill play an 11
  • edited November 2014

Crikey, this £11er is getting a bit HOT!

Think I'll deffo give it a swerve.
  • edited November 2014

I'm always up for the £11ers if I'm playing.

There, Tikay, that's lowered the standard down a bit.