You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Calling All PLO8 DYM Players, Our Competition, Scoreboards, Results, Chirps & Whatnot.

Comments

• edited November 2014
    In Response to Re: Calling All PLO8 DYM Players, Our Competition, Scoreboards, Results, Chirps & Whatnot.:
    In Response to Re: Calling All PLO8 DYM Players, Our Competition, Scoreboards, Results, Chirps & Whatnot. : Ridiculous Ruling.
    Posted by Tikay10
    You can take it to appeal if you want. Appeal judge is Justice Orford. I don't like your chances.

p.s. Orford ran quite deep in the ME last night, what's that about?
  • edited November 2014
    In Response to Re: Calling All PLO8 DYM Players, Our Competition, Scoreboards, Results, Chirps & Whatnot.:
    In Response to Re: Calling All PLO8 DYM Players, Our Competition, Scoreboards, Results, Chirps & Whatnot. : You can take it to appeal if you want. Appeal judge is Justice Orford. I don't like your chances. p.s. Orford ran quite deep in the ME last night, what's that about?
    Posted by Enut
    So did someone else :-)
    WP
    Enut05£462.06 + £166.22 Head Prizes6
  • edited November 2014
    In Response to Re: Calling All PLO8 DYM Players, Our Competition, Scoreboards, Results, Chirps & Whatnot. : You can take it to appeal if you want. Appeal judge is Justice Orford. I don't like your chances. p.s. Orford ran quite deep in the ME last night, what's that about?
    Posted by Enut
    OK, I accept the ruling, but only with the maximum of bad grace.
  • edited November 2014
    In Response to Re: Calling All PLO8 DYM Players, Our Competition, Scoreboards, Results, Chirps & Whatnot. : So did someone else :-) WP Enut 0 5 £462.06 + £166.22 Head Prizes 6
    Posted by VespaPX
    BOOM, well done Tuney!
  • edited November 2014
    In Response to Re: Calling All PLO8 DYM Players, Our Competition, Scoreboards, Results, Chirps & Whatnot. : So did someone else :-) WP Enut 0 5 £462.06 + £166.22 Head Prizes 6
    Posted by VespaPX
    Thanks very much Vesp and Tikay. If only I could have got my A8 to beat A4 AIP then it might have been even better. Was in a great position as chip leader when 7 left (although not by much) then just ran bad for while and went out in 5th. Still better than a stab in the eye!

On another positive note I also won 2/2 PLO8 DYMs last night so I think I am on 20/33 now.  
  • edited November 2014
    Awesome tuney!

I think we should all have a crack at a tournament.  Maybe a deepstack or mini thingummy, might get a few of us to have a go then.  I'm in if someone comes up with a game and a few are gonna enter.
  • edited November 2014
    Awesome tuney! I think we should all have a crack at a tournament.  Maybe a deepstack or mini thingummy, might get a few of us to have a go then.  I'm in if someone comes up with a game and a few are gonna enter.
    Posted by Macacgirl1
    We would have to make it a deep stack so Tikay could fold his way into the second hour.
  • edited November 2014
    In Response to Re: Calling All PLO8 DYM Players, Our Competition, Scoreboards, Results, Chirps & Whatnot. : We would have to make it a deep stack so Tikay could fold his way into the second hour.
    Posted by Enut
    Folding works for me, when I raise I generally find some optimist taking me on with nonsense like 8-8-3-3.

• edited November 2014

Areques for Ger,  could you check my score since the start of this challenge please m8,  i appear to have misplaced (forgot to record) some results over the weekend. I blame MR Martell for this oversight.

Cheers bud.
  • edited November 2014
    2/2 today 21/30 overall and just back in the black on the profit front
    Posted by Phantom66
    OOOOPPPS

Just got a shock when I saw my name 2nd on leaderboard then realised why.

TYPO!

I was 20/31 NOT 21/30

In fact I am 0/1 today so now 20/32

SORREEEEEE

On a positive note

1. Welcome back Tikay - How was t'ole in t'ground?

2. Nice to see the spite calls are still working Macac keep up the good work

3. Just binked 4th spot in a £3 B/H so roll doing ok despite the PLO8 dip
  • edited November 2014
    I've just had a look at the online rankings of PLO8 starting hands.
    Out of 11.229 starting hands, 8833 is ranked at 7th.
  • edited November 2014
    Welcome back Tikay

Well, just lost out on my 13th successive win, ironically was distracted whilst watching the chase..

so chalk me down for 12 wins on the trot

just grabbed this off the interweb..seems Mac was correct!!
    -----------------------------------------------

All x-cards containing a 6-9 usually weaken the hand. However, in general, all of these combinations are strong hands in loose Omaha Hi-Lo.

Please note that in the list below the abbreviation DS refers to a hand that is double-suited.

The Top 10 List

1. A-A-2-3 DS
    2. A-A-2-4 DS
    3. A-A-2-3 Suited
    4. A-A-2-5 DS
    5. A-A-2-4 Suited
    6. A-A-3-4 DS
    7. 8-8-3-3
    8. A-A-2-2 DS
    9. A-A-3-5 DS
    10. A-A-2-6 DS
    Playable Starting Hands
    A-A-2-x
    A-A-3-x
    A-A-4-5
    A-2-3-x
    A-2-K-K
    A-2-Q-Q
    A-2-J-J
    A-3-4-5
    A-A-x-x
    A-2-K-Q
    A-2-K-J
    A-2-x-x (Suited ace)
    A-3-K-K
    A-3-4-x
    2-3-4-5 (Fold if there is no ace on the flop)
    J-Q-K-A
    T-J-Q-K
    K-K-Q-J
    Q-J-T-9
    2-3-4-x (Fold if there is no ace on the flop)
    Any four cards between a 10 and an ace.
  • edited November 2014
    Latest scores

Played 42
    Won 27
    Lost 15

Around 64%

Also 8 in a row :-)
  • edited November 2014
    cl00less! 12 on the trot! Well done, brilliant stuff!

I have to admit, my opinion of 8833, is that it's about a 900th ranked hand, I had no idea any list would have it in it's top 10.
    Unless of course it's against TK in which case it's a top 3.
    Obviously.
  • edited November 2014
    3 out of 4 tonight, need to get to the end as I have a feeling people are starting to realise I've not much of a clue!

Running total, won 52/77

Not very streaky, longest winning streak is 4, longest losing is 2. Current hot streak is one win!
  • edited November 2014
    1/2 tonight

Very much enjoyed the win as it included beating up bbMike in an early hand and getting away with a ahem "brave" call to a Macacgirl river shove.

21/34 overall
  • edited November 2014
    The latest from team aj (he's a happy chappy)
    Played another 5 tonight, Oh yes, read it and weep
    4 in the bag and no mistake ..except 1 I played a £3 game and lost it
    Not a problem, I played it well, just got unlucky a couple of times(it's poker no big deal )

so to sum up first 10 games won 1...lost 9
    second 10 games ..............won 5.. lost 5
    third 10 games .................won 6.. lost 4
    so the stats  played 30 .. won..12 ..lost 18

Team aj...  a force to be reckoned with, improving with every session (cue variance)
    So can't grumble I've only lost 18 out of the 100 games I'll be playing. can anyone beat that lol

Regards Alan 
  • edited November 2014
    I'm still awaiting TKs response to the 100% proof that 8833 is a brilliant hand as proved by cl00less and his totally perfect hand rankings list!

On a serious note, bbmike, if your biggest losing streak is genuinely only 2, then you are doing brilliant.

ps. I want to join team AJ but I am afraid i'd reduce the overall ROI.
  • edited November 2014
    The latest from team aj (he's a happy chappy) Played another 5 tonight, Oh yes, read it and weep 4 in the bag and no mistake ..except 1 I played a £3 game and lost it Not a problem, I played it well, just got unlucky a couple of times(it's poker no big deal ) so to sum up first 10 games won 1...lost 9 second 10 games ..............won 5.. lost 5 third 10 games .................won 6.. lost 4 so the stats  played 30 .. won..12 ..lost 18 Team aj...  a force to be reckoned with, improving with every session (cue variance) So can't grumble I've only lost 18 out of the 100 games I'll be playing. can anyone beat that lol Regards Alan 
    Posted by ajmilton
    WP Alan - Glad you are getting the hang of it. Although the early posts were funnier, I prefer to see the W/L column the right way around.
  • edited November 2014
    In Response to Re: Calling All PLO8 DYM Players, Our Competition, Scoreboards, Results, Chirps & Whatnot. : OOOOPPPS Just got a shock when I saw my name 2nd on leaderboard then realised why. TYPO! I was 20/31 NOT 21/30 In fact I am 0/1 today so now 20/32 SORREEEEEE On a positive note 1. Welcome back Tikay - How was t'ole in t'ground? 2. Nice to see the spite calls are still working Macac keep up the good work 3. Just binked 4th spot in a £3 B/H so roll doing ok despite the PLO8 dip
    Posted by Phantom66
    You'll not believe it, but when I tried to visit it, it was fully booked & I could not get in!

Anyway, I went up a Mountain (The Alps I think) on a Cog Railway instead, & travelled on 9 different trains in Switzerland over 2 days, including visits to Geneva, Lausanne, Montreaux, & Geneva Airport, so it turned out pretty good in the end. Took a lot of photos of Swiss Locomotives & Trains, too.What more could a man wish for?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Montreux–Glion–Rochers-de-Naye_railway
  • edited November 2014
    Welcome back Tikay Well, just lost out on my 13th successive win, ironically was distracted whilst watching the chase.. so chalk me down for 12 wins on the trot just grabbed this off the interweb..seems Mac was correct!! ----------------------------------------------- All x-cards containing a 6-9 usually weaken the hand. However, in general, all of these combinations are strong hands in loose Omaha Hi-Lo. Please note that in the list below the abbreviation DS refers to a hand that is double-suited. The Top 10 List A-A-2-3 DS A-A-2-4 DS A-A-2-3 Suited A-A-2-5 DS A-A-2-4 Suited A-A-3-4 DS 8-8-3-3 A-A-2-2 DS A-A-3-5 DS A-A-2-6 DS Playable Starting Hands A-A-2-x A-A-3-x A-A-4-5 A-2-3-x A-2-K-K A-2-Q-Q A-2-J-J A-3-4-5 A-A-x-x A-2-K-Q A-2-K-J A-2-x-x (Suited ace) A-3-K-K A-3-4-x 2-3-4-5 (Fold if there is no ace on the flop) J-Q-K-A T-J-Q-K K-K-Q-J Q-J-T-9 2-3-4-x (Fold if there is no ace on the flop) Any four cards between a 10 and an ace.
    Posted by cl00less
    12 wins in a row?

Wowzer, many congrats.
  • edited November 2014
    Welcome back Tikay Well, just lost out on my 13th successive win, ironically was distracted whilst watching the chase.. so chalk me down for 12 wins on the trot just grabbed this off the interweb..seems Mac was correct!! ----------------------------------------------- All x-cards containing a 6-9 usually weaken the hand. However, in general, all of these combinations are strong hands in loose Omaha Hi-Lo. Please note that in the list below the abbreviation DS refers to a hand that is double-suited. The Top 10 List A-A-2-3 DS A-A-2-4 DS A-A-2-3 Suited A-A-2-5 DS A-A-2-4 Suited A-A-3-4 DS 8-8-3-3 A-A-2-2 DS A-A-3-5 DS A-A-2-6 DS Playable Starting Hands A-A-2-x A-A-3-x A-A-4-5 A-2-3-x A-2-K-K A-2-Q-Q A-2-J-J A-3-4-5 A-A-x-x A-2-K-Q A-2-K-J A-2-x-x (Suited ace) A-3-K-K A-3-4-x 2-3-4-5 (Fold if there is no ace on the flop) J-Q-K-A T-J-Q-K K-K-Q-J Q-J-T-9 2-3-4-x (Fold if there is no ace on the flop) Any four cards between a 10 and an ace.
    Posted by cl00less
    RAISE
  • edited November 2014
    3 out of 4 tonight, need to get to the end as I have a feeling people are starting to realise I've not much of a clue! Running total, won 52/77 Not very streaky, longest winning streak is 4, longest losing is 2. Current hot streak is one win!
    Posted by bbMike
    Jeez, some of you guys are just tooooo good, 52/77 is incredible.

Well done.
  • edited November 2014
    Latest scores Played 42 Won 27 Lost 15 Around 64% Also 8 in a row :-)
    Posted by VespaPX
    How?

PS - More seriously, it's only a few months back you were running fearfully bad & could barely do a thing right, so it's nice that you are the other side of variance now, well done.
  • edited November 2014

Session # 2

Games played 7, as follows....

£3.30, P6, W5, L1

£5.50, P1, W0, L1

£11.00, P0, W0, L0

= Played 7, Won 5

TOTAL TO DATE

P15, W9, L6 = 60%.
  • edited November 2014

Patented Plopper Predict-O-Meter.

Worst possible outcome is 9% of games won

Best possible outcome is 91% of games won

SO I predict I will win between 9% & 91% of my 100 games.

Actual current Predict-O-Meter reading is....

9%--------91%
  • edited November 2014
    Surely worst possible outcome now is 9% wins?
  • edited November 2014
    In Response to Re: Calling All PLO8 DYM Players, Our Competition, Scoreboards, Results, Chirps & Whatnot. : You'll not believe it, but when I tried to visit it, it was fully booked & I could not get in! Anyway, I went up a Mountain (The Alps I think) on a Cog Railway instead, & travelled on 9 different trains in Switzerland over 2 days, including visits to Geneva, Lausanne, Montreaux, & Geneva Airport, so it turned out pretty good in the end. Took a lot of photos of Swiss Locomotives & Trains, too.What more could a man wish for? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Montreux%E2%80%93Glion%E2%80%93Rochers-de-Naye_railway
    Posted by Tikay10

Gotta say the Swiss railways must be the most efficient in the world imo? (Other than Japan?) Many years ago a climbing mate & I had to travel across Switz in 2 days which involved circa 7/8 changes. (SOunds like the same journey you were on)  On 2 of the changes there was circa 10/15 mins to make the conx.  ANY delay was gonna cost us a fortune. When reviewing the details before we set off I said "We have NO chance!"   Suffice to say it all ran, well, like clockwork!  We arrived at Heathrow to..... a tube strike!  (Sorry to de-rail thread )

• edited November 2014
    Surely worst possible outcome now is 9% wins?
    Posted by FCHD
    Opps, thanks Barny.

Edited now.

It was a spreadsheet glitch. Orford designed it, obv.
  • edited November 2014
    In Response to Re: Calling All PLO8 DYM Players, Our Competition, Scoreboards, Results, Chirps & Whatnot. : How? PS - More seriously, it's only a few months back you were running fearfully bad & could barely do a thing right, so it's nice that you are the other side of variance now, well done.
    Posted by Tikay10

Cheers Tony

Had 11 days with no internet recently (thanks BT) so had a lot of time to think about my game.
    Nice to be on the right side for a change, but i'm sure it won't last.