You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Calling All PLO8 DYM Players, Our Competition, Scoreboards, Results, Chirps & Whatnot.

Comments

• edited November 2014
    Pretty unstartling start.

2/4 so far.

Aim for tomorrow is to hit 10 games total and go for the multi-level win challenge to be "mentioned in despatches".

However I was regged for ages on a £2 table and there was still only 1 other reg by the time I finished my first 4 games.

GL to those repping us Ploppers in the High Roller tomorrow night.

• edited November 2014
    Great start, and lovely to see so many players reporting in already.

Good luck all.
  • edited November 2014
    Hope you ain't still ill Mr. K

Please keep the results coming in. I'll do the scoreboard on Monday morning (then daily) by which time we should have more reports/scores and achievements to list, with more of an inkling of what's what.

I've luckboxed my way into a biggish game tomorrow, so (for once) I'll be concentrating on it, please don't think I'm ignoring anyone but I'll have observer chat turned off. It'll be a struggle enough I reckon without someone piping up in observer chat about me being at-it all the time! It quite obviously goes without saying that I'll still be playing PLO8 at the same time, so if anyone sees me doing something daft on the telly, that'll be the place to give me grief.

ps. For sale, one ukops gold bracelet.
  • edited November 2014
    In Response to Re: Calling All PLO8 DYM Players, Our Competition, Scoreboards, Results, Chirps & Whatnot.:
    Hope you ain't still ill Mr. K Please keep the results coming in. I'll do the scoreboard on Monday morning (then daily) by which time we should have more reports/scores and achievements to list, with more of an inkling of what's what. I've luckboxed my way into a biggish game tomorrow, so (for once) I'll be concentrating on it, please don't think I'm ignoring anyone but I'll have observer chat turned off. It'll be a struggle enough I reckon without someone piping up in observer chat about me being at-it all the time! It quite obviously goes without saying that I'll still be playing PLO8 at the same time, so if anyone sees me doing something daft on the telly, that'll be the place to give me grief. ps. For sale, one ukops gold bracelet.
    Posted by Macacgirl1
    The very best of run good / luck to you in the big one tonight, I won't say the usual play your own game etc etc as you are more than capable of taking all things into account.Loving the for sale shenanigans, my offer is a years subscription to twiglet monthly, the must read mag for all officionados of the evening snack of choice.
  • edited November 2014
    Played  9 
    Won 5
    Lost 4

One loss was to twiggys spanners!
  • edited November 2014
    In Response to Re: Calling All PLO8 DYM Players, Our Competition, Scoreboards, Results, Chirps & Whatnot.:
    Hope you ain't still ill Mr. K Please keep the results coming in. I'll do the scoreboard on Monday morning (then daily) by which time we should have more reports/scores and achievements to list, with more of an inkling of what's what. I've luckboxed my way into a biggish game tomorrow, so (for once) I'll be concentrating on it, please don't think I'm ignoring anyone but I'll have observer chat turned off. It'll be a struggle enough I reckon without someone piping up in observer chat about me being at-it all the time! It quite obviously goes without saying that I'll still be playing PLO8 at the same time, so if anyone sees me doing something daft on the telly, that'll be the place to give me grief. ps. For sale, one ukops gold bracelet.
    Posted by Macacgirl1
    Good luck in the 'biggish game' Maca. I'm out for the evening but hope to see you running deep when I finally check in.

Oh and to try and even up all the posts showing people starting well in the challenge I played 5 and won.....1.

I think Tikay calls it a 'downswong', although it seems to be about my average recently. Included in those were a couple where one player in each got extremely short stacked and then managed to run their stacks back up until I went out, something I seem incapable of doing. If I continue to play this badly it may be quicker for me to just donate my bankroll to charity.

My personal goal is now to finish in the top 50!
  • edited November 2014
    Posted by Macacgirl1
    There is also a UKOPS PLO tonight.

Love to see you play NLH, PLO8 & PLO at the same time. Oh yes, I would LOVE that. Especially if you are on bottle of wine no 7, which you generally are by mid-evening.

• edited November 2014

After 10 games.

won 6
    lost 4

Some spectacular spew offs thrown in for good measure, anyone on the tables with me then must have wondered what the hell was going on.....I was in the middle of a fabulous riches to rags NLHE experience and decided to take it out on the PLO8 tables......now where is Tikays 'war on tilt' thread again? LOL

Neil

• edited November 2014
    Posted by Macacgirl1
    wishing you all the luck in the world would love too see you take it down run golden from the big f**ny!

And thanks for being my answer machine for the last 7 days :@P

GOOD LUCK.
  • edited November 2014
    Ta everyone.
    I just had a look at the PLO thing for tonight, that starts at 2100, the HR starts at 1930.
    I suspect the PLO is starting about 83 minutes too late for me to be playing both at the same time.

I'm just over half way through the competition, on about 60%ish I think. I haven't hit any sort of streak yet (win or loss) and it just doesn't feel as though anything like that is going to happen, I can't feel it if you know what I mean, so, I suspect I'll be finishing up somewhere around that 60% mark. Nothing spectacular, respectable only, but sometime on Monday the score will be there for all to beat.

ps. When I knock this moomin bloke out tonight, why don't I get a free entry into the ME next weekend?
  • edited November 2014
    Well in the space of one day, I think I have a contender for a place on the win streaks board (8) and one for the loss streaks board (7)!
    I'll be lucky to finish this at 60% for sure.
  • edited November 2014
    Good luck tonight Karen
  • edited November 2014
    Currently on my worst losing streak at £3 PLO8 dym - 4 in total and 3 counting for this challenge.

When counting streaks what happens when multi-tabling? A couple of wins at 60p and £1.15 may just have stopped me challenging for the losing streak title (still plenty of time to go though).
  • edited November 2014
    Fly the flag well tonight Mac.

Played 12
    Won    9
    lost     3
  • edited November 2014
    Currently on my worst losing streak at £3 PLO8 dym - 4 in total and 3 counting for this challenge. When counting streaks what happens when multi-tabling? A couple of wins at 60p and £1.15 may just have stopped me challenging for the losing streak title (still plenty of time to go though).
    Posted by Phantom66
    I would assume it is the order shown on Sharkscope.
  • edited November 2014
    can someone post  a link to the group on sharkscop please

13/17 today
    curently on a streak of 6 wins in a row hopefuly carry on tomorow
  • edited November 2014
    Hi Stewie, I created a group called sky_ploppers but Im not sure how you can view it.

Here is the stats as of now (from those that havent hidden their sharkscope results).

Only counting those with at least 5 games...

Win ratio

1st - Talon 100% (7 played)
    2nd - PKM 83.3% (6 played)
    3rd - BBMike 80% (10 played)
    4th - Eon1961 76.9% (13 played)
    5th - Stewie7 76.5% (17 played)

Win Streak

1st - Talon - 7 (and running)
    2nd - Stewie7 - 6 (and running)
    3rd - Macacgirl1 - 6

Highest profit 
    1st - Stewie7 - $30.48
    2nd - Eon1961 - $20.72
    3rd - PKM - $16.32

Good luck all!
  • edited November 2014
    SkyPoker
    7$0.8
    66.7%
    $4.48
    100%
    7-x
    SkyPoker
    6$4.8
    51.5%
    $16.32
    83.3%
    4-x
    SkyPoker
    10$2.8
    38.9%
    $11.84
    80%
    4-x
    SkyPoker
    13$4.25
    38.1%
    $20.72
    76.9%
    4-x
    SkyPoker
    17$4.94
    37.2%
    $30.48
    76.5%
    6-x
    SkyPoker
    4$3.4
    35.4%
    $10.48
    75%
    2-x
    SkyPoker
    4$3.6
    28.8%
    $3.2
    75%
    3-x
    SkyPoker
    4$1
    26.8%
    $1.68
    75%
    3-x
    SkyPoker
    4$6.4
    36.4%
    $7.04
    75%
    2-x
    SkyPoker
    16$4.8
    13.6%
    $11.52
    62.5%
  • edited November 2014
    4-2 today, total 9/12

• edited November 2014

Thanks everyone for support last night, sorry I didn't reply until after the bubble, for once I concentrated!

• edited November 2014
    Started my run yesterday won my first 3 lost last one interesting format enjoyed playing them, busy at work so might not get any in until the weekend gl all
  • edited November 2014
    Macacgirl.

wow, just wow 

and 10% help for heroes via Dave Harvey.....even more wows, classy performance.

I promise to never try and steal your blinds again

ps

very unlucky to run jacks into aces on FT....the rng was obviously broken, third ace instead of the jack on the river..... 

all joking aside that was a fantastic performance.

Neil
  • edited November 2014
    Well done Karen
    Chuffed to bits for you

How many bags of Twiglets does that buy?
  • edited November 2014
    Help 4 Heroes is a long standing beneficiary from the Mac household!
    I should have known really on the FT that I was facing a monster hand, a min raise from that position, but with JJ and only 10 Big Blinds left, I kinda think I did the right thing by getting the lot in. In fact I'm sure it was the right thing to do. I didn't get that far to just try and ladder another place, I wanted to win the thing! So I gottem in hoping I was flipping or that I'd be lucky. Nevermind.
    It was really interesting to play the game actually. My plan played itself out perfectly. I knew there'd be some serious players there and that I couldn't outplay them, I knew they'd use sharky and see that I wasn't a tournament player, so I played it super passive for 30 minutes, let em take my blinds, didn't defend once. Luckily after an hour or so I found top set on the flop, managed to double up and knock out one poor soul who hit middle set and that set me going. Played super passive again for an hour, let em steal my blinds, then hit another big hand to knock someone else out.  After that, my plan of creating a super tight image obviously worked as I was at-it left right and centre! I didn't have a genuine hand for another two and a half hours, but every twenty minutes or so I went for it.  Only 'orrible situation was when I was moved to a table with the top 4 stacks and me when I was about position 9 or 10 out of 15, I knew I'd be the target but luckily only had to defend blinds a couple of times whilst I had junk and before I knew it, I was moved to new table as we were down to 12 players left. Yet again, before I knew it, it was FT. so, Mission accomplished and win £100 from freerolls challenge completed!
    Thanks Neil, I think you're being too kind, I was lucky to be honest. I had to throw a couple of three barrel bluffs into the mix in the last couple of hours just to stick around and luckily I never got looked up come the river.
  • edited November 2014
    Help 4 Heroes is a long standing beneficiary from the Mac household! I should have known really on the FT that I was facing a monster hand, a min raise from that position, but with JJ and only 10 Big Blinds left, I kinda think I did the right thing by getting the lot in. In fact I'm sure it was the right thing to do. I didn't get that far to just try and ladder another place, I wanted to win the thing! So I gottem in hoping I was flipping or that I'd be lucky. Nevermind. It was really interesting to play the game actually. My plan played itself out perfectly. I knew there'd be some serious players there and that I couldn't outplay them, I knew they'd use sharky and see that I wasn't a tournament player, so I played it super passive for 30 minutes, let em take my blinds, didn't defend once. Luckily after an hour or so I found top set on the flop, managed to double up and knock out one poor soul who hit middle set and that set me going. Played super passive again for an hour, let em steal my blinds, then hit another big hand to knock someone else out.  After that, my plan of creating a super tight image obviously worked as I was at-it left right and centre! I didn't have a genuine hand for another two and a half hours, but every twenty minutes or so I went for it.  Only 'orrible situation was when I was moved to a table with the top 4 stacks and me when I was about position 9 or 10 out of 15, I knew I'd be the target but luckily only had to defend blinds a couple of times whilst I had junk and before I knew it, I was moved to new table as we were down to 12 players left. Before I knew it, it was FT. so, Mission accomplished and win £100 from freerolls challenge completed! Thanks Neil, I think you're being too kind, I was lucky to be honest. I had to throw a couple of three barrel bluffs into the mix in the last couple of hours just to stick around and luckily I never got looked up come the river.
    Posted by Macacgirl1
     A well written and highly intelligent piece.

True knowledge is knowing what you know and what you dont know. So working on your lack of skill edge versus these players made you a harder opoonent for them to deal with. 

Intelligent play plus a nice dose of luck gave you a very nice payday. Enjoy your well earned reward
  • edited November 2014
    In Response to Re: Calling All PLO8 DYM Players, Our Competition, Scoreboards, Results, Chirps & Whatnot. :  A well written and highly intelligent piece.  True knowledge is knowing what you know and what you dont know. So working on your lack of skill edge versus these players made you a harder opoonent for them to deal with.  Intelligent play plus a nice dose of luck gave you a very nice payday. Enjoy your well earned reward
    Posted by Talon
    +1

Great result. Well pleased for you.
  • edited November 2014
    very well done karen so pleased for you..
  • edited November 2014

Oh well the good and bad of the level i have been forced to play in has shown itself and my results are showing it.

Got my streak to 8 then the bad play kicked in. Lost 2 in a row to some of the worst play imaginable. Best example was a guy calling when not in the blinds for two thirds of his stack with KT93 which obviously ended up beating my AA45ds. Nature of the game when you play with people without the real knowledge of the game. But overall would have execpted these figures when i started.

Played 10 won 8
  • edited November 2014
    just 0/1 from me, mainly busy on UKOPS at the moment. 

I was FT-abling the UKOPS PLO and i'd sworn off playing plo8 dyms and PLO mtts at the same time, does my head in. guess it showed.

besides in the dym i was unfortunately sat to the left of a top NLHE player who was just looking for some light relief while final tabling the High Roller last night. Well played Macacgirl.

we're nutters, all of us.
  • edited November 2014
    Plodding along, having fun.  If I can play 100 games and break even I'm happy.

SnG #DateStakeResultScore W-L
    101/11/2014£0.60Win1-0
    201/11/2014£5.50Win2-0
    301/11/2014£0.60Win3-0
    401/11/2014£3.30Lose3-1
    503/11/2014£3.30Win4-1
    603/11/2014£0.60Win5-1
    703/11/2014£3.30Lose5-2
    803/11/2014£0.60Win6-2