You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Looking at joining a team

edited October 2014 in Team Talk
I've recently got back into online poker and looking to take it more seriously whilst having fun at the same time.

I'm looking at joining a team but not sure which one as there's so many. Help would be appreciated

Paul

Comments

• edited October 2014
    Check your PM's Paul, my fellow Yorkshire flat cap wearing, pit working chap.
  • edited October 2014
    In Response to Re: Looking at joining a team:
    Check your PM's Paul, my fellow Yorkshire flat cap wearing, pit working chap.
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    Hello there, I don't appear to have any messages in my inbox, unless I'm been a tool and looking in the wrong place
  • edited October 2014
    No you're not being a tool, I haven't sent one yet ;)

We have a small but perfectly formed team in the Outlaws. Interested? We're more fun than all the other teams, guaranteed.
  • edited October 2014
    Mr Chiv welcome back I knew I recognised the name. You were in TPT and although your no longer listed (we have an audit every now and again) your welcome to come back in. Harrys team may be more fun (debatable)  but we still have the best rail. The choice is yours Chiv
  • edited October 2014
    Hi Mr Chive
    Welcome Back

As they say in the Nike advert.............TPT.......Just Do It !!!!!!!

We cannot offer you a "more fun than all the other teams"guarantee as "Harry Hellmuth" has suggested above, but if TPT was Carling, we would probably be the best team in the world :)

TITANS RULE!!!!! (subject to Terms & Conditions - calls from a mobile may cost you considerably more than a payphone, but they are more likely to be in working order. Please ask Bill Payer, Pokertrev or FlyingDagg for permission :)
  • edited October 2014
    trev im sure its Carlsberg......

its good but its not quite carling.... is thiers.

TPT all the way though.... the choice is yours!
  • edited October 2014
    Chiv my fellow Yorkshire guy.

You can join TPT again if you really want (warning, average age about 104), or you can join the new, young, exciting, fun Outlaws. Our captain is undoubtedly better looking than Pokertrev. We have some very good players in our ranks, plus Jac35.

Trev can't even get his beer slogans right! Borderline criminal.

You know what to do.
  • edited October 2014
    trev im sure its Carlsberg...... its good but its not quite carling.... is thiers. TPT all the way though.... the choice is yours!
    Posted by Chris_Mc
    I Hate Carlsberg m8

If it ain't Carling.....it just ain't Conkers :)

I deffo got me beer right.....or more technically known as Lager
  • edited October 2014
    In Response to Re: Looking at joining a team : if you are looking for some ritual humiliation, slander and unpleasant attempts at humour do feel free to join harry and his merry men. in fact if that's what turns you on then TPT probably isn't for you. they do take all sorts though - like jac who is a great forum contributor but a sh*te team player. however if your sense of humour is of a more friendly bent then TPT might just be more suitable. you pays your money and takes you choice.
    Posted by GELDY
    Yeah what Geldy said. If you want to join a humourless bunch then I suppose TPT is your best option :)
  • edited October 2014
    Geldy and Harry - no need to bring personal spats into this thread.
  • edited October 2014
    Not guilty sir, nothing brought in from my end. Geldy has beef with me so it seems. I can take it :)

Over to you Chiv.
  • edited October 2014
    I much prefer  a Tennants Pint Tops or a TPT for short....

What do u like civ :)
  • edited October 2014
    Chiv my fellow Yorkshire guy. You can join TPT again if you really want (warning, average age about 104), or you can join the new, young, exciting, fun Outlaws. Our captain is undoubtedly better looking than Pokertrev. We have some very good players in our ranks, plus Jac35. Trev can't even get his beer slogans right! Borderline criminal. You know what to do.
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    I think I bring that down to about 12
  • edited October 2014
    Geldy and Harry - no need to bring personal spats into this thread.
    Posted by FlyingDagg
    quite right vicey
    my comments were about Harry not about the team. post deleted. Apologies outlaws (& jac).
  • edited October 2014
    In Response to Looking at joining a team:
    I've recently got back into online poker and looking to take it more seriously whilst having fun at the same time. I'm looking at joining a team but not sure which one as there's so many. Help would be appreciated Paul
    Posted by SilentChiv
    Hi Mr Chiv,

Whilst all the Teams are vying for your signature, I'd just like to congratulate you on your success in the Super Roller on Sunday - 5th for around £1,600 was it?

I only know because I did the Final Table commentary on last night's Show.

If you invest any of that in UKOPS, good luck.
  • edited October 2014
    In Response to Re: Looking at joining a team : quite right vicey my comments were about Harry not about the team. post deleted. Apologies outlaws (& jac).
    Posted by GELDY
    I and the Outlaws accept your apology.
  • edited October 2014
    Chiv!!!!

I would Like to throw The HitSquad Hat into the ring in This debate...

Nothing to do with Fact that you beat me into 6th in The Super Roller, VWP Sir!!

Prob fact we have had few Sporting Battles latley, we got on well,  & I think you would fit in nicley
     & Enjoy our Fun Succesful HitSquad!!

Will pm you later, we have many from Yorkshire in Tha Squad too!!

Regards

Dave 'Hitman' Harvey

HitSquad Founder & Capo
  • edited October 2014
    I have a bone to pick with TPT and THS. Just wanna make it clear that I'm not bothered who Chiv picks, it's his call.

Both your teams are full of people who, possibly at a guess but an educated guess, do absolutely nothing. No contribution. Barely play any poker. Basically just sit in the team to swell the numbers.

Would it not be in your best interests to get your house in order first before trying to tempt new members in? Whats the point of having a large team when x% (30/40?) are just silent/pointless members?
  • edited October 2014
    Mabye there like me and dont have much money too deposit.  Or busy......very busy. Or they have a virus or there mouse is broke..... or.... welll......

Sigh i suppose alot are quiet :(

But hey, there are still the usual members from all teams who contribute plenty and post numerous cashes daily and get involved in the forum and most team games.

Trev and dagg do sort out the team list quite regulary for the team.  
  • edited October 2014
    Chiv my fellow Yorkshire guy. You can join TPT again if you really want (warning, average age about 104), or you can join the new, young, exciting, fun Outlaws. Our captain is undoubtedly better looking than Pokertrev. We have some very good players in our ranks, plus Jac35. Trev can't even get his beer slogans right! Borderline criminal. You know what to do.
    Posted by hhyftrftdr

Hi Chiv, ignore Harry he is our team moaner/bother causer! It's because the power in our team is with the females so he come's on the forum venting/annoying people and taking it out on them that he has to deal with us lot 24/7.

You're very welcome to join him, and suffer the daily abuse he does :)

• edited October 2014
    In Response to Re: Looking at joining a team : Hi Chiv, ignore Harry he is our team moaner/bother causer! It's because the power in our team is with the females so he come's on the forum venting/annoying people and taking it out on them that he has to deal with us lot 24/7. You're very welcome to join him, and suffer the daily abuse he does :)
    Posted by samantha25
    Bloody hell Sam....just clicked on your profile, you're nudging 40?! Must have been a tough paper round.
  • edited October 2014
    In Response to Re: Looking at joining a team : Bloody hell Sam....just clicked on your profile, you're nudging 40?! Must have been a tough paper round.
    Posted by hhyftrftdr

like everyone else around here, I hate you too :) 

you look like yrs too BTW, a snowman shape and bland

• edited October 2014
    I have a bone to pick with TPT and THS. Just wanna make it clear that I'm not bothered who Chiv picks, it's his call. Both your teams are full of people who, possibly at a guess but an educated guess, do absolutely nothing. No contribution. Barely play any poker. Basically just sit in the team to swell the numbers. Would it not be in your best interests to get your house in order first before trying to tempt new members in? Whats the point of having a large team when x% (30/40?) are just silent/pointless members?
    Posted by hhyftrftdr

Bone Picked Truly Sir!!

Well I can speak for THS, and as Capo, I can say we pride ourselves on Being INCLUSIVE!!

People have different priorities in Life, Family, Work, Sport, for instance, and these can change, so I always welcome people to take part as 'much' and as 'when' they want!

Our Cameraderie means People may not post or play for say 6 months if on Work Project, or have Health or Family Issues.......
    BUT, if they turn up & post play, they are just as welcome as when they went away!
    Every Member of THS, HAS contributed in a Small way at Least, Most had me at Hello, XX
    [One did'nt, x, lol]

As for Posting, or Playing regulary, we do not have a spot in THS for The Cleverist D.ic.k on The forums, that is already taken Obviously, lol!!

......But Our Pride, Passion, Success, has come from, No Demands, No Obligations, No Poker ability issues..
    Just FUN & Buying into OUR PRINCIPLES of PURE SPORTNG ETHIC, with a Splash of Poker Success & help for EACH other if required!

Our Poker Coaching & Staking Groups are Proving VERY Succesful as are The FOSP Groups we are alligned to support as well!!

Yes, GL Chiv, whoever you pick, I welcome you to the TEAM COMMUNITY!!

Thanks Hffttyyrr, for You Constructive 'Bone picking', it is always a pleasure Sir!!
  • edited October 2014
    Thanks for your harmonious reply.

Possibly the biggest load of tripe I've read on here, and that includes the 'Thank you Hitman' thread.
  • edited October 2014
    Thanks for your harmonious reply. Possibly the biggest load of tripe I've read on here, and that includes the 'Thank you Hitman' thread.
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    PMSL!!
    Back to the OP Please, GL Chiv!!

PS Chiv....that hfrty boy has such agenda issues, take no notice!! Xx
  • edited October 2014
    Harry stop gobbing off or we are sending you back to Dave, I can see you two still have some love left for each other :) 
  • edited October 2014
    OK so I've been sat laughing at you all for the last few minutes. Fun thread this!

Hi Chiv :). I'm Tasha, Outlaws Capo.

From this thread you can probably see what kind of team we are. Probably the worst behaved team here and not apologetic at all!

We are a very small team, as we don't tend to sign members randomly. Jon has noticed you and thinks you'd be good for us, and that doesn't happen often (he's usually too busy insulting people :P), so if you'd like to join us we'd be happy to have ya.

I won't give you a big speech, I don't want to have to 'convince' you to join. If you're right for us you'll be with us soon and we can bring you up to speed on our awesomness then :)

Do wanna say VWP on Sunday tho, you definitely made an entrance/comeback!
  • edited October 2014
    Hi all,

Jeez, I didn't expect to get this many replies tbh, I have chosen to go with Hitman due to our mini battles the last few days and that we got on well.

I'm looking forward to seen all of you on tables.
  • edited October 2014
    In that case glgl and probably see you on the tables soon :)
  • edited October 2014
    Jonathan I'll reply tomorrow in full but to hijack a thread to have a go at other teams is out of order. I don't know what happened in Thailand but you've obviosly come back intent on having a go at people.