You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Thursday Night Live on Sky Poker TV with Rich, Jen and special guest CHRIS MOORMAN!

Comments

• edited October 2014
    Hi rich + jen and a great guest in chris

question for chris:  mid to late stages in a mtt  what do u do when ya card dead and ya stack is dwindling away say u have  20 big  if it folds round to u just min raise alot just to pick up the blinds

if u get called as ya in pos alot of times u pick up the pot on the flop
  • edited October 2014
    Good evening Mr Orford, Mrs Mason and Mr Moorman,
    Question for Mr Moorman, did you sign your book whilst playing online poker.
    All the best
    Rainman397
  • edited October 2014
    How do you know when someone as the goods against you and not just trying to be a hero and bluff the moorman ? I'm trying a loose style in cash poker to get my big hands paid but just seem to be walking into the nuts all the time when I think there just playing back at me !
  • edited October 2014
    Hi Jen and Richard

Have a great show tonight, just qualified for the main, so I will be in the mini.

Question for Chris:-

What is the highest amount you have won in one on line tournament?

Sue
    xx
  • edited October 2014
    Question for Chris...

I assume you play a lot of tables across multiple sites... how do you manage/got any tips for keeping up with all the different factors that you'll need to take into account... for example...

1) a different style of play is required on different sites
    2) flicking between 4max, 6max, and full ring tables
    3) flicking between rebuys (where you may play differently during the rebuy period), rebuys where the  rebuy period has ended, Hyper turbo MTTs, turbos, slower structured games etc.
    4) Having multiple tables with some far from the money, some close to the money, some just inside the money and then some really deep
    5) pre antes and post antes

Is it just a case of it comes with experience? Do you still sometimes make slip ups for instance making a move to try and abuse people's fear of the bubble and realise you got the tables mixed up and it wasn't near the money?
  • edited October 2014
    My question would be do you still get affected by busting tourneys just before the "big money"/ bubbling larger events etc, or is it something you can take comfortably in stride?

Would also love to throw my name into the hat for following a player in the main - came 3rd in the main on Friday (end of thin brag!) and would be nice to see if it was just run good!
  • edited October 2014
      If you was to play under a new name and no one knew you, how would your style change ?

• edited October 2014
    How doe you motivate yourself to keep grinding ?
  • edited October 2014
    Amazing show! It's great to see jen on again!
    I'd love to read Chris' book- all i've got to do is say something interesting,
    unfortunately i have the brain damage from boozes so thats double difficult.

• edited October 2014
    beasssssst on spokerTV. 

1) what do think you will do after poker? Or will you always play? 
     2) what was you ahar moment regarding hand reading and putting a villains on a range?
     3) how much of your poker success do you think can be correlated to your success with bridge?
     4) how many 5 year olds?

• edited October 2014
    Who is ya fav player to share a table with
  • edited October 2014

Absolutely loving the Show tonight, this is (Orford excepted) TV gold.
  • edited October 2014
    can u show this on the poker clinic hour its from the mini b/h as played is this a call on the river ?

• edited October 2014
    when I used to grind cash, before Sky Poker existed, if I was having a poor evening, I used to take a break and go back on about midnight when the americans came online as I found it much easier to make money. eventually I got bored of grinding cash and took up tournies for the greater challange. Did you find it the same? and do you think those days have gone?
  • edited October 2014
    #833012584 Hand from the main, is this too nitty* should I be raising

card blockers could be good
  • edited October 2014
    There are quite a number of people who play poker and bridge to a decent standard I play both too. Why do you think this happens when the games are so different?
    The only similarity I can think of is that they require working out what the opponent is up too.
  • edited October 2014
    In for the last longer please, well it worked on tuesday :-)
    Sorry for so many posts at once, I am catching up. It's our wedding anniversery My wife gave me a choice, I take her out to dinner, There wasn't another choice.
  • edited October 2014
    Great Show!!! One question, three parts, Richard has your shaver broke or are you getting a head start on MOWVEMBER;
    Jen what is the difference between A Poker Expert like your good self and A Poker Pro such as Chris; and last but by no means least - Chris, If I was to buy your book how would it improve my game, there is plenty of scope to go at, many Thanks, Andy.
  • edited October 2014
    Great show everyone!

Well it was a good choice not following me because I'm out.

Standard exit - happy I didnt do anything wrong felt utg was trying to isolate short stack SB and I jammed from the BB.

Hand ID 833029279

Was happy to see the cards as they turned face up - the rest was down to the poker gods.

PS Rich probably best on reflection not to have asked my monky poker question (lets just keep it between us ;-) #thistimenextyearwe'llbemillionaires

Appreciated the answer to my poker question though - will try and increase the volume with more multi-tables and see how it goes.

• edited October 2014
    Does Chris have any specific tactics for defending his big blind mid-late stage in tournaments?   

• edited October 2014
    In Response to Thursday Night Live on Sky Poker TV with Rich, Jen and special guest CHRIS MOORMAN!:

Just take a look at this...  

#1 Online Player  in the World 
    $11.6 Million Online Cashes Record Setting 
    23  PocketFives Triple Crowns
    $4 Million in Live Cashes Ranked
    #1 Online Player Worldwide 20 times
    2014 WPT LAPC Champion
    4 WSOP Final Tables
    21 WSOP Cashes
    1 EPT Final Table Ranked in the Top 100 Live Players in the World on GPI
    Winner of British Poker Awards “Best Online Player” – 2013, 2012, 2011, 2010  
    Apart from that though, he hasn't done much else in poker.
    Posted by RICHORFORD
    But has he won a side event at SPT Leeds 2011?
  • edited October 2014
    hi Chris
    I'm a half decent online rec player. 
    I've just bought in direct to the UKOPS high roller event. Some words of wisdom please. 
  • edited October 2014
    Are there any really big tournies coming up that Chris is really looking forward to playing in either live or online?

If you are looking for a deceptive username here then may I suggest R_Orford
  • edited October 2014

Just got in.....problems with the stream?
  • edited October 2014
    stream stopped here too

• edited October 2014
    Hey Chris,

All the best with the book.

Did you have any eureka moment with poker when you moved from cash to MTT's?

Also, what do you do to keep ahead the curve in relation to tournaments today?

Thanks

Great show!
  • edited October 2014
    The main tonight, comments?
    833049732, from my hand
  • edited October 2014
    Evening, again.  Does Chris agree that the more facial hair a man has the better they are at poker?

In 5 years time, does Chris see himself playing more, less or the same amount of live poker compared to now?
  • edited October 2014
    cmon rich
    let's have a hi roller last longer
    ukops Hi roller
    what you say
  • edited October 2014

10:36 PM main mini both % main in mini  

entered 460 585 155 34  
    left 24 66 2    

anglerfish 11 3      
    FlashFlush 21 13