You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

cant connect through desktop client any help cheers

2»

Comments

• edited November 2014
    It's not just you, I haven't been able to load the client on my desktop for about 5 days, just get the network error.
  • edited November 2014
    to any body have the network error message i have finaly resolved it go to internet explorer properties to tabs to advanced scroll down untill you get to use SSL 2.0 use SSL 3.0 and use TLS 1.0 make shure they are all ticked and that should fix it.
  • edited November 2014
    In Response to Re: cant connect through desktop client any help cheers:
    to any body have the network error message i have finaly resolved it go to internet explorer properties to tabs to advanced scroll down untill you get to use SSL 2.0 use SSL 3.0 and use TLS 1.0 make shure they are all ticked and that should fix it.
    Posted by stewie7
    I have no idea what any of that means but I followed your instructions and it works! Thanks a lot, happy UKOPS!
  • edited November 2014
    neither do i i just ahd plenty of paying around. alot more help than sky support team!! hopefuly this will help alot more people as i have seen a few with the desktop not working!
  • edited November 2014
    Posted by stewie7
    Thanks for that stewie. Ticked the TLS 1.0 and it loaded first time! Using the desktop for first time in 4 days
  • edited November 2014
    Posted by stewie7
    Stewie - You are an absolute genius.  I've had no download client for about 5 days now, various people gave advice such as re-installing skypoker and adobe air, clearing cookies etc etc and this was the simplest fix ever.

All I did was follow your steps and click the box for TLS 1.0 and it worked 1st time.

Well done mate and thanks for helping me out - Much appreciated ;-)
  • edited November 2014
    no problem lads it was driving me mad!! any jobs going at sky i will accept £100k a year ;)
  • edited November 2014
    neither do i i just ahd plenty of paying around. alot more help than sky support team!! hopefuly this will help alot more people as i have seen a few with the desktop not working!
    Posted by stewie7

CHEERS HAD TO WAIT FOR SON TO EXPLAIN WHAT A LEFT CLICK WAS 

NOW WORKING  

THANKYOU
  • edited November 2014
    Good going, Stewie!
    I never had this issue but it's great you sorted it for the people that did. Have to wonder why they had that option unticked though as it's normally enabled by default as far as I can see. Wonder what cleared it...?

• edited November 2014
    Thanks Stewie also worked for me.
  • edited December 2014
    Posted by stewie7
    Stewie your work is gd. Tx buddy, been bugging me for a while.
  • edited December 2014
    SSL 2.0 and SSL 3.0 are very much broken and insecure due to the POODLE attack so people should only be using TLS encryption these days - for any website.

Chrome and Firefox disable SSL 3.0 by default, it will be diabled by default in Internet Explorer in Feb 2015.

If you still have SSL 2.0 and SSL 3.0 ticked to be used then you would be better off unticking them.

I just checked and with only TLS 1.x ticked Sky Poker functions just fine.
  • edited December 2014
    If it works with tls 1 then i would recommend unticking ssl 2 and 3. 

They have security flaws that can be used to intercept comms between your computer and supposedly secure websites.

Edit. Machka beat me to it. At least we agree. Be safe online people.