You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Poker For Heroes!!!! A Charity Pledge!! £862.50 Total Confirmed!!

124»

Comments

• edited November 2014
    In Response to Re: Poker For Heroes!!!! A Charity Pledge!! £765.50 Total so far!!:
    Hey Dave Another £23.40 dnated today from last nights cash in main event. Great work Ian
    Posted by MacMonster
    Thanks Ian, & TY Benny Bearproof too!!

Will catch up on Pms & Anon Donations too next day or Too, but getting Close to the Big 1k now.

We set No Targets, No need!!
    So VWP All in UKOPS.....

& All who Contributed  Donations, Pledges & Posted on this Thread here & in FOSP FB Group!!
  • edited November 2014
    So Far thanks!!!

UKOPS 10% Pledges - HITMANRV, Macacgirl1, Rossmc
    , TheUKspoon, Geldy, MacMonster
    UKOPS Pledges - craigcu12, Anonymous, cenachav

Donations-
    Wynne1938, Geldy, Anonymous x 3, rainman397, DOHHHHHHH,

Stewart1, Benny Bearproof

UKOPS Cashes 

£2,340.00  macagirl1   UKOPS HR 6th
    £1,349.71  HITMAN_RV UKOPS 4K BH 1st
       £128.96  GELDY UKOPS PLO 6th
       £106.00 
    TheUKSpoon UKOPS £55BH 13th
       £221.10  HITMAN_RV UKOPS3 16th
         £28.88  GELDY UKOPS 2K Mini 22nd
       £104.25  GELDY UKOPS Rebuy 10th
       £140.00  HITMAN_RV UKOPS5 9-Max 3K 9th
       £185.00  MacMonster UKOPS5
        £236.60 GELDY  £15,000 UKOPS 6 Main 16th
        £234.50 MacMonster UKOP Main

Day 1 Raised £522!!!!!!!!
    Day 2   £53
    Day 3   £35
    Day 4     -
    Day 5   £32.50
    Day 6   £83.00
    Day 7   £40.00
    Day 8   £47.00

10% Profits Donated   £590.50

Other Donations           £222.00

£812.50 !!!!! Total
  • edited November 2014
    So Far thanks!!!

UKOPS 10% Pledges - HITMANRV, Macacgirl1, Rossmc
    , TheUKspoon, Geldy, MacMonster
    UKOPS Pledges - craigcu12, Anonymous, cenachav

Donations-
    Wynne1938, Geldy, Anonymous x 3, rainman397, DOHHHHHHH,

Stewart1, Benny Bearproof

UKOPS Cashes 

£2,340.00  macagirl1   UKOPS HR 6th
    £1,349.71  HITMAN_RV UKOPS 4K BH 1st
       £128.96  GELDY UKOPS PLO 6th
       £106.00 
    TheUKSpoon UKOPS £55BH 13th
       £221.10  HITMAN_RV UKOPS3 16th
         £28.88  GELDY UKOPS 2K Mini 22nd
       £104.25  GELDY UKOPS Rebuy 10th
       £140.00  HITMAN_RV UKOPS5 9-Max 3K 9th
       £185.00  MacMonster UKOPS5
        £236.60 GELDY  £15,000 UKOPS 6 Main 16th
        £234.50 MacMonster UKOP Main

Day 1 Raised £522!!!!!!!!
    Day 2   £53
    Day 3   £35
    Day 4     -
    Day 5   £32.50
    Day 6   £83.00
    Day 7   £40.00
    Day 8   £67.00

10% Profits Donated   £590.50

Other Donations           £242.00

£832.50 !!!!! Total
  • edited November 2014
    Just to let you know I donated my share today, although found my 10% almost pitiful...

Rounded it up to a nice £20 and stuck it in my local bank's collection box.
  • edited November 2014
    In Response to Re: Poker For Heroes!!!! A Charity Pledge!! £832.50 Total so far!!:
    Just to let you know I donated my share today, although found my 10% almost pitiful... Rounded it up to a nice £20 and stuck it in my local bank's collection box.
    Posted by TheUKSpoon

thanks mate!!
  • edited November 2014
    FINAL TOTAL CONFIRMED
    at £862.50

Thanks & VWP ALL!!!
  • edited November 2014
    ive been away from the sky poker forums since after they got rid of the shed and area51 (awhile now) and for some reason today decided to have a look,,,, i am an ex soldier and i left her majestys services about 16yrs ago,, i suffered post traumatic stress disorder (ptsd), my experiences led me to having anger issues (unfortunately), in my day they taught you to be a soldier when you joined but did NOT teach you how to be a civilian when you left the army which led to soldiers like myself on the street with only our army training and a head full off anger, no employers in those days would take us on because off this leaving us all with no choice but to use our army training to take what we needed,,, its a viciosly horrible cycle,.
    this is just a small section off my story to give you a little insight.

HELP FOR HEROES got me off the street they got me on the straight and narrow they gave me people i could talk to who actually understood how my messed up head worked and gave me the right psychiatrist for the job. H4H also helped my family understand what ptsd was and why i was they way i was, after a while they got me a proper house not a flat they also helped us with all carpets fridge/freezer cooker and paid our removals as at the time we had absolutely nothing,,,, this was all thanks to help for heroes for what they done for me and my family,,

i want everyone who is involved with this to know just how much this means to any ex/serving soldier, i myself am humbled by all off you, all the money you have all donated has not just helped,,, you have saved lives.
    that gets them off the street it gives them a home it gets them any and all the help they will ever need,,
    you have ALL helped save there lives by giving them a chance at a life,, people like all off you make ex soldiers like me feel like it was actually woth it all.

im sorry to be long winded but it had to be said, be proud off yourselves and even though H4H has already helped me i feel the need to say thank you to all off you
  • edited November 2014
    In Response to Re: Poker For Heroes!!!! A Charity Pledge!! £862.50 Total Confirmed!!:
    ive been away from the sky poker forums since after they got rid of the shed and area51 (awhile now) and for some reason today decided to have a look,,,, i am an ex soldier and i left her majestys services about 16yrs ago,, i suffered post traumatic stress disorder (ptsd), my experiences led me to having anger issues (unfortunately), in my day they taught you to be a soldier when you joined but did NOT teach you how to be a civilian when you left the army which led to soldiers like myself on the street with only our army training and a head full off anger, no employers in those days would take us on because off this leaving us all with no choice but to use our army training to take what we needed,,, its a viciosly horrible cycle,. this is just a small section off my story to give you a little insight. HELP FOR HEROES got me off the street they got me on the straight and narrow they gave me people i could talk to who actually understood how my messed up head worked and gave me the right psychiatrist for the job. H4H also helped my family understand what ptsd was and why i was they way i was, after a while they got me a proper house not a flat they also helped us with all carpets fridge/freezer cooker and paid our removals as at the time we had absolutely nothing,,,, this was all thanks to help for heroes for what they done for me and my family,, i want everyone who is involved with this to know just how much this means to any ex/serving soldier, i myself am humbled by all off you, all the money you have all donated has not just helped,,, you have saved lives. that gets them off the street it gives them a home it gets them any and all the help they will ever need,, you have ALL helped save there lives by giving them a chance at a life,, people like all off you make ex soldiers like me feel like it was actually woth it all. im sorry to be long winded but it had to be said, be proud off yourselves and even though H4H has already helped me i feel the need to say thank you to all off you
    Posted by Grave

YW Grave Sir!!!

It is an Honour to have helped & to have received such a thank you!!

In case you are interested, we have a couple of members of My Hitsquad Poker Team with a similar story!
    I have experience of ptsd myself, and I know it can be difficult to control & adjust.

If you would like to join my Poker Team, you would be most welcome, let me know or pm me pls whenever you want, offer is open.

I copy part of a nice message I got from a Hitsquad member who is now more active with us......I know he wont mind, as It was initially posted openely, but I keep it Anonymous here!

""Dave,gonna tell you something i think you need to know.Oh and ps you can show your wife this as i know your a family man and everything should be shared within a family.I feel slightly awkward as im not used to showing my feelings but i felt from what ive read ect i needed to say this.The simple fact you asked me to join hitsquad has helped me tremendously on my recovery period.For the first time in years i feel part of something again, i got that dreaded ptsd,the worst part of it is self isolation.......""

ALL Who have Served are HEROES!!