You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Just a little brag but I am chuffed to bits

Chuffed to bits? So you should be!

That's a lovely story, & you'll feel even better this morning when you see over £100 in your Account.

67 runners, & you were top of the pile.

Very well done.

Just shows, we don't have to pay big money to get tremendous fun & enjoyment from poker.

andipandy3350001£100.50
dougal6802£67
cagsy198003£40.20
BEACHBABY04£33.50
orton8205£26.80
max195906£21.77
coolmark07£18.43
scotty36808£15.07
rosiekev09£11.72

Comments

• edited March 2015
    Just a little brag ....
    Fairly new to poker (about a year) love playing on here but I am a losing player, try to learn as much as I can 
    watch the shows (the Chris moorman one was excellent) and keep a eye on this forum 
    Don't really have a bank roll just have a little go every sat and sun night,I had kind of set my heart on the 5.50 
    deepstack as I think it is a good tournament ...I find the bounty hunters a bit 'fast' perhaps I just play them wrong ? 
    kept plugging away managed a couple cashes  but tonight..... I only went and took it down !
    Had some good banter as well (and some digs "Go do your ironing " was the best ) but I am chuffed  to bits as 
    I really have been trying to get better and it kind of justifies it all ! So I'm  not going on holliday on the winnings but It was a nice feeling to win  (now to build that bank roll .....) 
  • edited November 2014
    In Response to Re: just a little brag but im chuffed to bits:
    Chuffed to bits? So you should be! That's a lovely story, & you'll feel even better this morning when you see over £100 in your Account. 67 runners, & you were top of the pile. Very well done. Just shows, we don't have to pay big money to get tremendous fun & enjoyment from poker. andipandy 335000 1 £100.50 dougal68 0 2 £67 cagsy1980 0 3 £40.20 BEACHBABY 0 4 £33.50 orton82 0 5 £26.80 max1959 0 6 £21.77 coolmark 0 7 £18.43 scotty368 0 8 £15.07 rosiekev 0 9 £11.72
    Posted by Tikay10
    Cheers Tikay, I do enjoy it and the learning the whole game is part of fun the of it .. The reason I like this tournament is there is a few 'names' (on here) play it as well and my thinking was if I could play and watch them at a affordable level it can only help my game (even if most times they get my chips ! ) 
  • edited November 2014
    In Response to just a little brag but im chuffed to bits:
    just a little brag .... Fairly new to poker (about a year) love playing on here but I am a losing player, try to learn as much as I can  watch the shows (the Chris moorman one was excellent) and keep a eye on this forum  Don't really have a bank roll just have a little go every sat and sun night,I had kind of set my heart on the 5.50  deepstack as I think it is a good tournament ...I find the bounty hunters a bit 'fast' perhaps I just play them wrong ?  kept plugging away managed a couple cashes  but tonight..... I only went and took it down ! https://www.skypoker.com/secure/poker/sky_lobby?action=go_tnmt_lobby&game_id=10114636&guid=6175e57f-c426-48f1-a5b9-57b0988cdd37 Had some good banter as well (and some digs "Go do your ironing " was the best ) but I am chuffed  to bits as  I really have been trying to get better and it kind of justifies it all ! So I'm  not going on holliday on the winnings but It was a nice feeling to win  (now to build that bank roll .....) 
    Posted by andipandy
    Excellent stuff Andy, very well done! I play the £2 deep stacks through the week at 7.15pm which are excellent structure for plenty of play and banter with some of the nicest folk you would hope to chat to on the poker tables. Keep up the good work,it shows you have a good game on you,well played my good man and good luck for the next time.
  • edited November 2014
    In Response to just a little brag but im chuffed to bits : Excellent stuff Andy, very well done! I play the £2 deep stacks through the week at 7.15pm which are excellent structure for plenty of play and banter with some of the nicest folk you would hope to chat to on the poker tables. Keep up the good work,it shows you have a good game on you,well played my good man and good luck for the next time.
    Posted by tomgoodun

You don't win any tournament without playing well, being good and making the right decisions. It is to me your reward for a lot of hard work into learning about the game. It is always frustrating that even if you play at your very best, you are not necessarily in the money. You can go days, weeks and even months without a significant cash, but as long as you are putting your money in good, you will get there.
  • edited November 2014
    Thank you ! 
    I do find the deep stacks a better structure even if the better players should win more 
    As the luck factor is evened out over the levels ,but I find them a bit more forgiving  if 
    I make a silly play it gives me time to regroup and Learn from it ...
    Saying that I do remember a couple of weeks ago somehow getting it all in in my first hand in the first level 
    Of this very tournament , when I flopped a flush against Maxally and he had the higher flush ...lesson learned ! 
  • edited November 2014
  • edited November 2014
    Well done and you should be chuffed.

Great feeling isn't it - wishing you more.

Nice to see a +ve contribution on this section of the forum too.
  • edited November 2014
    Very very well done. 

Actually winning any MTT is hard to do, and a deepstack requires good play and patience, I also love the deep stack structure although I am often prone to imploding due to a sometime lack of aforementioned patience.

If you enjoy these structures try the DTD events on a Monday and the Orford full ring on a Friday, these are great fun and generally full of friendly players which makes it all the better.

If you have a really thick skin then try playing in Tikays favourite PLO8 DYM format, although you have to wade through a chatbox full of food and roundabout trivia they are great fun.

This form of poker is a fantastic variant and a very welcome change to NLHE in my opinion.......aaand it really helps round of your whole game, given that it is VERY strategic.

Hope to meet you on the tables.

Neil 
  • edited November 2014
    Well done, I wish I had the patience to play tournaments, but I don't, so I don't.
    You are now 50% of the way to being a fully fledged SkyPoker star, your other achievement necessary to hit the 100% mark, is to knock TK out of a tournament. Or A DYM. Or anything really.

Brilliant!
  • edited November 2014
    Great stuff.

Lovely feeling taking a tournament down. First of many hopefully!
  • edited November 2014
    Brilliant!!!

Its so good to hear good news and your 'brag' is very well deserved, keep up the good work and im sure there will be lots more.

xx
  • edited November 2014
    Thank you , can only really play at the weekend so the dtd games are out, I have tried the 
    Orford game but never got far :-) but May give it another go ! 
    Just got to fight the temptation to enter a game with a little bigger buy in .....
  • edited November 2014
    Good afternoon Andy.
    Very well played, i love deepstacks myself, have you tried the £2.20 @2.20 deepstack.
    All the best
    Rainman397
  • edited November 2014
    And PLO 8 ...I'm still learning Texas hold 'em ! But will try it soon  .. 
  • edited November 2014
    Good afternoon Andy. Very well played, i love deepstacks myself, have you tried the £2.20 @2.20 deepstack. All the best Rainman397
    Posted by rainman397
    If I'm home in the afternoon I will defiantly enter it ,I've read a lot about it :-) 

• edited November 2014

Great result, well done. That 8.15 deepy is a nice little MTT and you get some of the same players playing it every week. New players make it better by increasing the numbers and prizepool.Plenty of play in them too. I always try to play it when I can.

I would suggest (for bank roll management purposes) you also look at the 
    7.15 deepy (£2.20)
    7.45 deepy (£1.10) &
    9.15 deepy (2.20)

There is also a MEGASTACK every Mon, Wed & Frid (I think) @ 8.30pm. This is a £5.50 buy in and attracts big fields, with again, plenty of play in them.

Good luck to whatever you decide to play.
  • edited November 2014
    Great result, well done. That 8.15 deepy is a nice little MTT and you get some of the same players playing it every week. New players make it better by increasing the numbers and prizepool.Plenty of play in them too. I always try to play it when I can. I would suggest (for bank roll management purposes) you also look at the  7.15 deepy (£2.20) 7.45 deepy (£1.10) & 9.15 deepy (2.20) There is also a MEGASTACK every Mon, Wed & Frid (I think) @ 8.30pm. This is a £5.50 buy in and attracts big fields, with again, plenty of play in them. Good luck to whatever you decide to play.
    Posted by MAXALLY
    I notice the same names and to try to take some notes 
    I do like the fact that you can be on the table with some of the names you see
    On the shows in the bigger buy in's tornys and play against them including your good self ! :-)

• PKMPKM
    edited November 2014
    Well done Andy :)
  • edited November 2014
    Well done, great feeling winning your first tournament - so people have told me.  I'm yet to find out!

Did you do the ironing?
  • edited November 2014
  • edited November 2014
  • edited November 2014
    Well done, great feeling winning your first tournament - so people have told me.  I'm yet to find out! Did you do the ironing?
    Posted by Machka
    It did make me chuckle when he said it .... He called me out because I had the bad play to 5xbet him with AA against his AK 
    Perhaps I could do ironing for poker coaching from some of the top boys on here !
  • edited November 2014
    just to even it out I bust out 2nd level tonight ! :-(
    Bit of postive tilt i think ....
  • edited November 2014
    Well done Andi

Need to win some more now:)

As Max said the 7:15 and 7:45 games are great fun for £1.1 and £2.20

There is a forum game on tonight total cost a fiver (DTD)

Check it out in the main poker chat thread.
  • edited November 2014
    well done andy  nice confidence booster and a good brag down the pub with your mates after you done the ironing :) well played sir
  • edited November 2014
    Well done Andi Need to win some more now:) As Max said the 7:15 and 7:45 games are great fun for £1.1 and £2.20 There is a forum game on tonight total cost a fiver (DTD) Check it out in the main poker chat thread.
    Posted by LARSON7
     thank you 
    I have reg for the 220 dtd but my lap top can only handle one game at a time (it always freezes if i open another table?)
  • edited November 2014
    well done andy  nice confidence booster and a good brag down the pub with your mates after you done the ironing :) well played sir
    Posted by rivermunky
    ps its Andrea x
  • edited November 2014
    In Response to Re: just a little brag but im chuffed to bits : ps its Andrea x
    Posted by andipandy
    Faustini or McLean?

Well done on the win.
  • edited November 2014
    In Response to Re: just a little brag but im chuffed to bits : Faustini or McLean? Well done on the win.
    Posted by splashies
    Andrea Pandy, obviously.

;-)
  • edited November 2014
    well done! keep it going