You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Hello UKOPS XII - any suggestions?

edited November 2014 in Poker Chat

Will there be a UKOPS XII?

You bet.

The dates are already agreed, TV coverage is being discussed, & the actual MTT Schedule is nearly finalised.

So if anyone has any suggestions as to how you think UKOPS XII can be better than UKOPS XI, please make your suggestions on this thread.

Bigger/smaller buy-ins?

More Bounty Hunters, Freezeouts or Rebuys?

More - or less - PLO? (There was one PLO this time around).

9-Max?

Suggest away.

Note that UKOPS XII will not last as long as UKOPS XI, which ran for 8 straight nights. UKOPS XII is likely to be a 4 or 5 night jobbie.

Comments

• edited November 2014
    Sats from now plz.... i need lots of time and chances. 

A plo8  aswell as a plo event 22buy in again or 11. More 9 max games.

a Ukops cash challenge. Players who make the most profit from cash games. At different levels. Over the 4-5nights. On mastercash tables. Have to enter what stakes u play.  Then at the the end see who makes the most back from there games played.

A ukops SnG Challenge.  Players with best results over a 4-5 day period too play the ukops SnG with a braclet and big prizepool. Say 3k or something like that.

Very basic ideas but sure sky could sort somerhing out possibly. 

This way it covers all games on sky and doesnt just focus on mtt's.

• edited November 2014
    Big Guarantee's and Big Buy in's!! 

As seen the super roller and all big main events, generally smashed guarantee's and attracted some of the best players around
  • edited November 2014
    It would be nice to have it around Xmas/New Year?  #justsaying
  • edited November 2014
    In Response to Re: Hello UKOPS XII - any suggestions?:
    Big Guarantee's and Big Buy in's!!  As seen the super roller and all big main events, generally smashed guarantee's and attracted some of the best players around
    Posted by alex1229
    Absolutely.

But to me, a very important part of the "package" was the Micro & Mini Events, which attracted monster fields. I think every UKOPS should include a range of events at the smaller buy-in levels.
  • edited November 2014
    A PLO8 one please
    Leaderboards please (one for each buy-in level & one overall to cover all tournaments) with a prize for winners, nothing fancy, but something would do. Might encourage some to play the micro every night, the mini every night etc.
  • edited November 2014
    HI Tikay, 

Congrats on another successful series!

As far as improvements go...

Possibly avoid putting a deepstack on at 10pm at night, it's way too late to start a deepy for most people and it put me off regging.

100% at least one plo8 (9pm challenger), fab game.

More rebuys would be nice (though I realise it's not everyone's cup of tea).

Adjusted GTEs, looks like most of the events beat the GTEs, I se no reason why you cannot push them up a little for the next series.

And definitely introduce a proper leaderboard for player of the series. It would give a big incentive for players to grind more and would no doubt boost numbers, even if it was only slightly. Sky could create a fabulous promo based around this.

All just my opinion, loved the series and can't wait for the next one!

• edited November 2014

This is always a tough one for people to answer in the right way.

On one hand they will want to say what they want and what would be good for them, either to play or watch. But on the other hand when these things are organised the first consideration is to get the entrants required to make them work and keep the format going.

So for me and my opinions. I am not a big fan of bounty hunters but realise they are very popular so was no surprise to see 23 of them per night because they are almost guaranteed to fill. So they have to be kept.

As an advocate of the 4 card variants i would like to see both PLO and PLO8 included in the next line up. Obviously they would not be mains and would have to be put on the fringes. But maybe an extra little bit could be thrown in to help push these a little bit.

An idea that has come to me would be to have 3 consecutive night of a NLHE, PLO and PLO8 tournament. Possibly in the side or challenger slot. And put in an extra prize, on the bracelet line, for the person with the best combined result in all three. Just an idea and one which may not even get a discussion but i like the sound of anyway
  • edited November 2014

Personally I was delighted with the timing of UKOPSXI, too many times for my liking UKOPS events have been scheduled at busy times of the year such as bank holiday weekends , school half terms, Easter, Christmas, etc. 

You know the time when people who might have a bit of a life outside of poker, will find it more difficult to commit to something like a UKOPS festival.

Timing of UKOPSXI was perfect, but I realize I am entering the discussion of individual needs and preferences here, so moving on.....

How about some type of UKOPS leaderboards?

The threads of GARYQQQ and Slipwater are probably the most popular threads on here.

You could have, micro, mini and main leaderboards.

With the sides and challenger events, you can have a combined UKOPS leaderboard.

You can have a UKOPS specific 'week' leaderboard or even a yearly UKOPS leaderboard.

I'm guessing the next UKOPS will be a festive Christmas one, the UKOPS year could be a wrap around season (PGA TOUR style), starting at Christmas, concluding November 2015, this would be good timing for any yearly prizes of IPAD's, Sky TV bundles, Tv's, etc.

With SkyPoker growing, there could be some very decent bonus prizes and awards on offer for players who commit to UKOPS, such as packages to live tournaments.

• edited November 2014
    Also, I found it hard to keep up with the myriad of Ukops related threads in "Poker Chat" .   A seperate "Ukops Chat" might be an idea?  
  • edited November 2014
    Some good points raised already. I was going to say I was happy with how it was and no need to change, but a couple of people have raised good points.

Deepstacks to start at an earlier time, maybe have a game in the 7:30 slot. You have Micros at 7 I believe then the next event doesn't start until 8, so definitely a slot there for the longer structure game of the night. 

I was going to suggest a couple of Omaha games, but as it's only 4-5 days long then maybe 1 is enough with a PLO8 added (Not good enough to play it myself, but that's irrelevant).

Leaderboards would be good. Us poker players love a bit of rivalry, checking the tournament lobby to see if our closest rivals are still in the tournament.

Maybe bracelets for every event? Can't cost that much to get some more made surely, and I imagine it could add a few extra runners to the game to cover the costs.

Overall though, that's the first time I've played a UKOPS series properly and I really enjoyed it! Well done.
  • edited November 2014

Micro events were a great idea, maybe change the structures of them so that they are not all turbos?

• edited November 2014
    A PLO/PLO8 mini would be nice 
  • edited November 2014
    Hi Tikay,

A few more PLO event would be good, perhaps only a the mid range stakes as the game is still a learning curve for most.

One other suggestion - how about an extra £1 on every entrance to the mid/big stake event that will pay towards seats for the main event at the end of the festival.

Eg, 550 runners with extra £1 on entrance = £%50 - which gives top 5 a seat to ME as well as prize money, just a thought.

Also entrants of both main and mini could qualify for an all in sat the following night for a ME seat
  • edited November 2014
    A deepstack MTT starting at say 7.30 and the 10pm game being a turbo would make more sense to me. The 9max seemed pretty painful to play and I would have thought 4max would be more popular than 9max. There are lots of places to play 9max and 9max no ante is like pulling teeth. If you look at the runners in the 9max I am fairly sure it was the usual names that will pretty much play any MTT at those kind of buy ins that you put on the site.

I agree about micro structures, especially given they start so early I see no reason why structures cant be tweaked a bit to allow more play late on.

I think a leaderboard would be great, especially if it was split so you could have a champion of each type. eg micro champion UKOPS XII would mean even if someone can only afford the micro buy in they have a chance of their name in lights.  
  • edited November 2014
    A deepstack MTT starting at say 7.30 and the 10pm game being a turbo would make more sense to me. The 9max seemed pretty painful to play and I would have thought 4max would be more popular than 9max. There are lots of places to play 9max and 9max no ante is like pulling teeth. If you look at the runners in the 9max I am fairly sure it was the usual names that will pretty much play any MTT at those kind of buy ins that you put on the site. I agree about micro structures, especially given they start so early I see no reason why structures cant be tweaked a bit to allow more play late on. I think a leaderboard would be great, especially if it was split so you could have a champion of each type. eg micro champion UKOPS XII would mean even if someone can only afford the micro buy in they have a chance of their name in lights.  
    Posted by MattBates
    Agree with Matt re start games and structure
  • edited November 2014
    I liked the 9max. Nothing wrong with a long structure. Didn't feel much different to the deepstack games to me. No reason why you can't have 4 max and 9 max as opposed to 1 or the other.
  • edited November 2014
    Dont know how it can be changed but i found the tournament lobby (especially in regards to satellites) a little confusing to navigate. 

Also more satellites for events that are on the following night would be appreciated. I cant really start playing until around 7:30pm every night and the only satellites available at that stage are really hyper structured ones or all in sats. 

Oh and no 9 max lol
  • edited November 2014
    Ante's, 4max, as many £22 events as possible, rebuy bounty hunters :) 
  • edited November 2014
    ''Also more satellites for events that are on the following night would be appreciated. I cant really start playing until around 7:30pm every night and the only satellites available at that stage are really hyper structured ones or all in sats. ''

+1

And the other point raised are all excellent. 

I really like Talons suggestion of a 'mixed game' tourney on consecutive nights.....a low buy in for that with prizes each night and at the end would be great fun.

But all in all the UKOPS are brilliant, although I got chewed to pieces this week I think I enjoyed it ...:-)
  • edited November 2014

UKOPS are growing in field sizes and attracting some of the biggest players around to the site.

With this in mind, maybe another HR event being put into the schedule (£250-£550 BI). All the Main events got the numbers, so a mixture of everything did work.

I think the micros should only be freezeouts/deepstacks or BH's.

For Jackpot purposes, it would be advantageous for the Main & Mini be the same 'format' each night. It would be also nice to see the same structure applied to both.

Satellite schedule could be looked at and some more put on to the bigger events for all to attempt to play. Some of the bigger stories from each UKOP series is the 'little guy' who satted in and cashed big. Also agree, for those who work 9-5 everyday, more sats the previous evening to the upcoming events the next day.

The PLO tournament also worked. Add a PLO8 and perhaps another PLO to the schedule.

Leader boards/walls of fame would also add a bit of extra to the whole proceedings too. 

Bounty prizes on presenter heads too. Plus it would be nice if a few of them played the micro games too.

• edited November 2014
    I think the deepstack event that started at 10pm was a mistake and should have started at 9pm and have the event at 9pm now at 10pm instead.  Also i dont think the 9 max is a good idea only way it can work is if antes were introduced for it and if not just keep the events 6 max.  Thats the 2 things i would change but other than that i think this was a well organized series and hope to see more of these and for the series to grow.  
  • edited November 2014
    Can only echo leaderboards, no 10pm deepstack (they should be early, stick the turbos on later). Didn't play the 9max so can't really comment but without antes it really doesn't appeal.

Saw a couple of people query if there was a leaderboard/player of the series. Think this would be the best addition, with something up for grabs at the end.
  • edited November 2014
    In regards to the satellites, maybe allow SnG satelittes running through the day which allows one player to take entrance/token to any of the UKOPS ME. Also rids any overlay on some of the earlier sats. Or even boost the Buy-in to £27.50 and allow one player entrance and second a prize of £55/Money back to try again.

Offer sateliites the week before for each ME, like you are for the double guarantee week. Just gives players who can't play certain afternoons an additional opportunity to chose which layout + tournament they would like to partake in and plan in advance.
  • edited November 2014

Outside suggestions. 

- An afternoon side event, probably on the Saturday around 2/3pm.

- Small buyin/big gntee rebuy, with a hyper turbo rebuy period, and standard turbo structure post (big) add on. 

- Heads up tournament. 

- aunties.

Enjoyed following the series, I think it's the first one that's run smoothy throughout without any software malfunctions afaik.

Well done Sky. 

• edited November 2014
    Outside suggestions.  - An afternoon side event, probably on the Saturday around 2/3pm. - Small buyin/big gntee rebuy, with a hyper turbo rebuy period, and standard turbo structure post (big) add on.  - Heads up tournament.  - aunties. Enjoyed following the series, I think it's the first one that's run smoothy throughout without any software malfunctions afaik. Well done Sky. 
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    What do you know about 'the outside'? ;-)

• edited November 2014
    Definitely need bigger events/longer structures between 7-9 and a load more turbo events after 9 would be good for those who bust the big events early.

Leaderboards are always a good idea in my opinion, players like me who generally just play 2/3 events on here a night would be far more interested in playing all of them if there was some sort of leaderboard on extra incentive.

I like the 9max although multi tabling it alongside 6 max events was annoying, maybe just one night of 9 max would be better? if not i dont think many people would miss it if it was scrapped..

bracelets for all events would probably attract more low stake players to the smaller events

advertising it a few weeks in advance would probably entice new people to the site

and running more all in sats for the events can only be good for both as they always smashed guarantees so its free money for sky and its always good to get as many runners as you can in them big events.

and finally from a personal point of view i would have liked to see a few frenzy sats for the events, was pretty annoyed that there didnt seem to be any.
  • edited November 2014
    How's about a "UKOPS golden ticket" event where you can win entry to the full suite?
  • edited November 2014
    Firstly a big +1 to the following:

1. a PLO8 side/challenger event with a micro of the same
    2. Sng Satellites

Personally it happened to be an extremely busy week with a major work commitment in the middle so I wasnt really able to contribute much. In that vein maybe not have it run the same week as an overseas package? I missed out on even bothering to qualify for Punta Cana as I knew I couldn't go and those who did go couldnt enter UKOPS (doubt if there's much sympathy for them though).

Looks like Mr Moorman is hooked - 2 weeks running with a 1st and 3rd.

Could maybe bring him back along with Mr Channing and see if double winner Mr Wright is up for a look back at UKOPS on the show?

Could also bring in some of the regulars who binked big? It would be good promotional material for the site and channel.
  • edited November 2014
    how about doing a cash4points reward like the one done for punta cana?

1st the UKOPS main
    2nd side
    3rd challenge

the saturdayy UKOP main, mini side and challenge events being BHs and turbo-MTTs that will finish quicker, being up till 3am on saturday in the deepstack, i was feeling fatigued. the sunday events were now made difficult and to make it worse these were the main UKOPs.

if you want to do a side event deepstack just make it start a bit earlier and do it on either of the sunday's because they are when you'll be expecting to stay up so late.

as well as the main event how about awarding a bracelet for the winner of the mini-reasons
    main mini jackpot, mini see masses more lower stakes joining.

keeping the names of people such as chris moorman secret during the day the event is getting played, when people know it's chris moorman he will gain an advantage over the rest of the field, players will normally be playing very afraid and weak concerned of what he might do next, the hand i did win against him was one which i held KQ and went Ch/MR on the 10 high flop but was so glad when the turn give me a Q because i would have been very concerned myself if it came brick.

do some final table coverage of the other UKOPS events ie side mirco.

finally if their is a HR type start making sats for that from today
  • edited November 2014
     +1 for the Earlier Deepstacks. I even decided to have an hours sleep before one of the 10pm games. Then woke at 1am, gutted with nothing to do.

And +1 for the mini bracelet idea. Players would come flooding in to win it.

I'd like Bigger stacks and slower games for the Main and HR. Maybe a 2 day event which pauses at xxam, and re-starts the next day or weekend??