You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Hello UKOPS XII - any suggestions?

2»

Comments

• edited November 2014
    In Response to Re: Hello UKOPS XII - any suggestions?:
    how about doing a cash4points reward like the one done for punta cana? 1st the UKOPS main 2nd side 3rd challenge the saturdayy UKOP main, mini side and challenge events being BHs and turbo-MTTs that will finish quicker, being up till 3am on saturday in the deepstack, i was feeling fatigued. the sunday events were now made difficult and to make it worse these were the main UKOPs. if you want to do a side event deepstack just make it start a bit earlier and do it on either of the sunday's because they are when you'll be expecting to stay up so late. as well as the main event how about awarding a bracelet for the winner of the mini-reasons main mini jackpot, mini see masses more lower stakes joining. keeping the names of people such as chris moorman secret during the day the event is getting played, when people know it's chris moorman he will gain an advantage over the rest of the field, players will normally be playing very afraid and weak concerned of what he might do next, the hand i did win against him was one which i held KQ and went Ch/MR on the 10 high flop but was so glad when the turn give me a Q because i would have been very concerned myself if it came brick. do some final table coverage of the other UKOPS events ie side mirco. finally if their is a HR type start making sats for that from today
    Posted by craigcu12
    I don't see how this can be done and I don't really see what advantage they get. Most people know the online alias of the well known UK players especially when they are cunning ones like CMoorman! It shows the size of the series when you get the big guns of UK poker like Moorman/Channing/Wright/Brammer/Trigg/Lewis/Dyer playing the big events and sky will want to advertise this. It can even be a disadvantage for them as they wont be seen just as some random unknown who hasn't played on the site much.

• edited November 2014
    Definitely keep the side event and challenger events, they were really good.

Also. bigger build up to high roller event, more satellites etc. (similar to what you did with the main event)

+1 the idea of earlier deepstacks too... deepstack freezeouts are the best but running into late hours can be a pain during the weekdays.
  • edited November 2014
    In Response to Re: Hello UKOPS XII - any suggestions? : I don't see how this can be done and I don't really see what advantage they get. Most people know the online alias of the well known UK players especially when they are cunning ones like CMoorman! It shows the size of the series when you get the big guns of UK poker like Moorman/Channing/Wright/Brammer/Trigg/Lewis/Dyer playing the big events and sky will want to advertise this. It can even be a disadvantage for them as they wont be seen just as some random unknown who hasn't played on the site much.
    Posted by MattBates

WP, WP.
  • edited November 2014
    In Response to Re: Hello UKOPS XII - any suggestions? : I don't see how this can be done and I don't really see what advantage they get. Most people know the online alias of the well known UK players especially when they are cunning ones like CMoorman! It shows the size of the series when you get the big guns of UK poker like Moorman/Channing/Wright/Brammer/Trigg/Lewis/Dyer playing the big events and sky will want to advertise this. It can even be a disadvantage for them as they wont be seen just as some random unknown who hasn't played on the site much.
    Posted by MattBates

WOW.....didnt know Danny Dyer played poker!
  • edited November 2014
    i love bh but also could have normal omaha and plo8 tourneys 9 max bh tourneys or even  crazier omaha or plo8 bh tourneys

one good thing thats started this week is the stas to next weeks double guarantee tourneys but if i remember rightly the only sats in previous week for ukops was ME and HR tourneys perhaps running sats for every £110 event in the week b4 would increase revenue and players

everyone like to get their seat cheap lol
  • edited November 2014
    i love bh but also could have normal omaha and plo8 tourneys 9 max bh tourneys or even  crazier omaha or plo8 bh tourneys one good thing thats started this week is the stas to next weeks double guarantee tourneys but if i remember rightly the only sats in previous week for ukops was ME and HR tourneys perhaps running sats for every £110 event in the week b4 would increase revenue and players everyone like to get their seat cheap lol
    Posted by Haemophile
    That's a good point actually. People said the 9max is too slow without ante's. Maybe making it (or 1 of, if there are 2) a BH. That could spice things up a bit.
  • edited November 2014
    Okies

a) Plenty of notice of dates so that I can book annual leave. Last week absolutely broke us; to the extent that Chez Bromley is in UKOPS Detox this week!

b) Been suggested a plenty, but I would like to reiterate what a good idea it is to have the Deep Stack at 7.30pm and the Turbo at 10pm! A good percentage of players on the site have day jobs and cannot stay up until 02/03am for a Deep Stack.

Can't wait.

B
  • edited November 2014
    I can really only echo what has been said previously. 

One thing that must definitely not return though: 9-max! Even late-regging it almost made me suicidal within 5 minutes. To run this tournament you need antes. Without antes I think one would have a better time licking the floor of DOHHHHHHHs bedroom for 6 hours. Other than though, I think this series was great and just more of the same pls
  • edited November 2014
    lol paint a picture