You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

how this site is legal is beyond me

2»

Comments

• edited November 2014
    In Response to Re: how this site is legal is beyond me:
    In Response to Re: how this site is legal is beyond me : I've seen things you people wouldn't believe.Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion.I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tanhauser gate.All those moments will be lost in time...like tears in the rain...time to die.. "More human than human"is our motto.
    Posted by YOYOY
    TOPTOP post, lol
  • edited November 2014
    Not sure what logic of your  it defies .
    Posted by questor11
    Morning Questor,

All of it!

I'm not being obdurate, or dissing you, my curiosity & fascination is genuine, it is a subject that interests me greatly.

We can see from Sharkscope that you have played many thousands of games on Sky Poker, (profitably, too), in fact it suggests that you played several MTT's & SNG's on Sky Poker yesterday.

The logic it defies - in my mind - is why would you play on a Poker Site if you thought some jiggery pokery was going off? 

If I thought Tesco were selling me horse meat when the label says "Steak", I am pretty sure I'd stop shopping there - there are plenty of other Supermarkets.

Same thing with Online Poker, there are hundreds of sites around, and if I think one is a bit iffy, I simply stop playing there & play my poker elsewhere. I can't think why anyone would play poker on a site they don't trust, thats all.

Anyway, that's my personal view, & I hope you understand why I'm struggling to understand it.

In the meantime, of course, I hope you stay at Sky Poker, & keep winning.

Good luck!

• edited November 2014
    In Response to Re: how this site is legal is beyond me : Morning Questor, All of it! I'm not being obdurate, or dissing you, my curiosity & fascination is genuine, it is a subject that interests me greatly. We can see from Sharkscope that you have played many thousands of games on Sky Poker, (profitably, too), in fact it suggests that you played several MTT's & SNG's on Sky Poker yesterday. The logic it defies - in my mind - is why would you play on a Poker Site if you thought some jiggery pokery was going off?  If I thought Tesco were selling me horse meat when the label says "Steak", I am pretty sure I'd stop shopping there - there are plenty of other Supermarkets. Same thing with Online Poker, there are hundreds of sites around, and if I think one is a bit iffy, I simply stop playing there & play my poker elsewhere. I can't think why anyone would play poker on a site they don't trust, thats all. Anyway, that's my personal view, & I hope you understand why I'm struggling to understand it.   In the meantime, of course, I hope you stay at Sky Poker, & keep winning.   Good luck!   
    Posted by Tikay10
    Yes I have a long experience of this site (for relatively small amounts of money and idle pleasure/curiosity as many do), and of poker, hence not a knee-jerk reaction.

I was playing freerolls and 'burning off' the few pennies left yesterday for your information.

Sites like these have a large turnover of players.

There are indeed many supermarkets, also many builders around, some good some ....less so.

• edited November 2014
    In Response to Re: how this site is legal is beyond me : Yes I have a long experience of this site (for relatively small amounts of money and idle pleasure/curiosity as many do), and of poker, hence not a knee-jerk reaction. I was playing freerolls and 'burning off' the few pennies left yesterday for your information. Sites like these have a large turnover of players. There are indeed many supermarkets, also many builders around, some good some ....less so.
    Posted by questor11
    We have a meeting of minds on that, no disagreement there.

The psychology of poker players (that includes myself, though I'm a small ball player therse days), &, I guess, people in general, is an incredibly interesting thing.

If I ever found the time, & if I could only write a lot better, I'd try & write a book about it, though I suppose expected sales would struggle to reach double figures.

Have you ever read that "It's Rigged" Debate on the 2+2 Forums, in the Internet Section? It's THE most eye-popping & fascinating thing. I am addicted to it, I read it most days. The problem is that I just can't get my head round it, & I spend hours mulling it over in my mind. So many things I don't understand in life.

'Stars have had a few problems recently, notably this week when they had a whopping site crash. They are the biggest site on earth, bar none, & many might say the best, too. Most of the world's poker population have, or do, play there, & have done so happily & loyally for many years. And yet the reaction to that site crash on Tuesday was just staggering - people saying THE nastiest things about them. The Site rep was told "I hope you roll off a cliff", by a chap who was arguing about $30. What? 

It's these sort of things that I struggle to grasp, why would people's mindsets be so fickle? Everyone is dissing them at the moment, but they still play there. That seems incompatible to me. Wishing ill on someone who is just doing their job? Makes no sense, either. I think we lose our sense of perspective at times.

Amazingly interesting subject.

EDIT - None of that, of course, is much to do with the legality, or otherwise, of Sky Poker. I just tend to ramble a bit in the mornings. And afternoons.....well, all the time, I suppose.       

• edited November 2014
    Poker players are a funny breed!!  That people think poker sites are rigged does escape me somewhat.  There is little if anything to be gained by a poker site rigging outcomes and if they did rig it, it wouldn't be for bad beats, it would be cold decks.  As for the abuse, it is disgusting but just a normal thing from the internet keyboard warriors, I am sure the recipient(s) are used to this by now.

The other point the OP made regarding "joke players" I can kind of understand.  When I first joined Sky Poker, I did really well in the first few days (I know, what a luckbox!!!) but had to leave because I had a MASSIVE tilt issue.  If a player played badly against me and get lucky, I'd then tilt like a maniac and lose focus and usually lots of cash.  I may (probably not) of had a 20BB edge on the site average player but if I dump 300BB+ every time I tilt from a bad beat, I can't win on the site.  Now I tilt very little .............. maybe it's time to come back to Sky Poker :)

• edited November 2014
    Poker players are a funny breed!!  That people think poker sites are rigged does escape me somewhat.  There is little if anything to be gained by a poker site rigging outcomes and if they did rig it, it wouldn't be for bad beats, it would be cold decks.  As for the abuse, it is disgusting but just a normal thing from the internet keyboard warriors, I am sure the recipient(s) are used to this by now. The other point the OP made regarding "joke players" I can kind of understand.  When I first joined Sky Poker, I did really well in the first few days (I know, what a luckbox!!!) but had to leave because I had a MASSIVE tilt issue.  If a player played badly against me and get lucky, I'd then tilt like a maniac and lose focus and usually lots of cash.  I may (probably not) of had a 20BB edge on the site average player but if I dump 300BB+ every time I tilt from a bad beat, I can't win on the site.  Now I tilt very little .............. maybe it's time to come back to Sky Poker :)
    Posted by crassh

Nice one fella
    Welcome back
  • edited November 2014
    In Response to Re: how this site is legal is beyond me : Morning Questor, All of it! I'm not being obdurate, or dissing you, my curiosity & fascination is genuine, it is a subject that interests me greatly. We can see from Sharkscope that you have played many thousands of games on Sky Poker, (profitably, too), in fact it suggests that you played several MTT's & SNG's on Sky Poker yesterday. The logic it defies - in my mind - is why would you play on a Poker Site if you thought some jiggery pokery was going off?  If I thought Tesco were selling me horse meat when the label says "Steak", I am pretty sure I'd stop shopping there - there are plenty of other Supermarkets. Same thing with Online Poker, there are hundreds of sites around, and if I think one is a bit iffy, I simply stop playing there & play my poker elsewhere. I can't think why anyone would play poker on a site they don't trust, thats all. Anyway, that's my personal view, & I hope you understand why I'm struggling to understand it.   In the meantime, of course, I hope you stay at Sky Poker, & keep winning.   Good luck!   
    Posted by Tikay10

I would have thought it unlikely that many players could be found that have complete faith in any online site. Most would have played on numerous sites and established to their satisfaction that there is little difference between them when considering operating systems. However, some sites (Sky for example) offer a recreational player greater ease of play i.e.: low cost games/small fields combined with (in most cases) a friendly group of players. 

Generally, there is a cost involved when seeking entertainment, and despite any concerns you may have - online poker offers very good value for money entertainment.
    I could spend £2.30 on a BH and with and element of luck and a fair wind be entertained for a couple of hours or more - which goes some way to justifying playing on a site that you may not be completely confident in.

• edited November 2014
    Somer you are such a catch.

You freely admit that you think the site is dodgy yet continue to play here. You're one of a number of people on here who have serious issues.

Tikay, I really wouldn't waste your time on these people, they are beyond help from us and need professional assistance.
  • edited November 2014
    Can I respectfully suggest that the players that post comments suggesting that the site is rigged go away and read up a little on probability and variance. I know that many find maths boring but trust me it will help you deal with poker a lot better.

Thousands play on Sky every day. Every day some will have an exceptionally bad run of luck, in the same way that some will have an exceptionally good run of luck. The simple fact is that many of those that run well will assume that they are playing well (some may be) whilst a small percentage of those running badly will claim the site is rigged. Sadly it is only the latter that seem to post on here!

I posted a thread on here some time ago actually posting some hands from a session when I ran like a dog, horrible beats time after time. I didn't claim the site was rigged I simply posted it as an example and asked if any of the moaners could post a worse series of beats. In fact from memory I think the thread title was 'You can claim it's rigged if you can beat this....'. Guess what? Nobody posted a worse series of bad beats.

If I can run like that and not claim the site is rigged maybe you serial complainers could just put a sock in it?