You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Tonight LIVE on Sky Poker TV from 7pm with Rich, Ryan and guest David Mcconachie! (Plus Last Longer

Comments

• edited November 2014
    hi rich & ryam i  satellites in  for a little as £2.40 for £6000 open.
  • edited November 2014
    Would love to be in the last longer as I won a seat in an all in sat.

However the seat has not been credited (won tournament ID 10192783)....

Have sent an email to skypoker@bskyb.com
  • edited November 2014

NOT SURE HOW TO ENTER THE LAST LONGER SO GIVE THIS  GO . GOOD LUCK WITH THE SHOE
  • edited November 2014
    Last longer please
  • edited November 2014
    enter me in ast longer please

• edited November 2014
  • edited November 2014
    Hi Guys 

Great show :)

Since ive been playing poker ive met alot of new friends from the sky poker community and also met all of u from the sky poker channel :)

thats why im thankful for poker :) 

thanks

lol_i_call aka MEL
  • edited November 2014
    Hi Rich and Ryan,
    I just wanted to share a bad beat story with you... I know I know, just bear with me...

I bubbled the final table of the Sunday main event ..I'ts rigged I tell ya!! ...but seriously when the tourn was at the cash payout bubble I was chip leader and obviously putting pressure on smaller stacks.. There was a player called Simonica who was the tournament small stack who eventually called me and got knocked out and bubbled.  He and a few more of us had been having a good natter during the tourn & after he got knocked out he said he was REALLY gutted because after having satellited in for the 2nd consecutive week he had now bubbled the cash for the 2nd consecutive week.

I told him it might be worth mentioning on the next show thread because you sometimes give tournie tickets to good contributions. I pointed him to the forum and told him time of show so hopefully he/she will be watching.
    I was lucky enough to be given a ticket to tonights turbo for a post I made last week so I think it would be a good idea to give me another one for this story.

But in all seriousness if he/she does happen to make a post & you are stuck for a poster to give a ticket to I think it would be a nice touch to give him a ticket.. cos that was some serious bad luck having done well to satt in twice & bubble twice.

• edited November 2014
    what has poker done I have to be thankful for poker for. 
    It gave me a hobby when ill, it gave me money for holidays, it even gave me the holidays. I got to meet and talk to new people. It gives me a mix of emotions in an evening. Take last night, I qualified for the main 4 times I was feeling good as I was playing in six tournaments and was up already without needing to cash. A while later I was still in all the six tournies and doing ok, and wondering how many I could win or cash in. 30 minutes later I had the answer, it was none. A few cold decks a couple of poor plays and bad beats and that was it. Clearly not my night I thought, thats it I thought, I shall finsh checking out hoew others are doing in the DTD's and then unregister from the speed bounty hunter at 10-30. and go bed. I forgot and had to play, maybe I will get a bountie I thought so at least I win something in a tournie, I got 7 bounties and came 4th. What else other than poker can give you such a roll a coaster
  • edited November 2014
    Ooops....

I did send the email to skyopen@bskyb.com just typed the wrong address on the forum.

Still not in the tourney though......
  • edited November 2014
    What has poker done for me....  Had to sit in a TV studio for 7 hours and stare at the lovely Ana Fowler.....  On the down side I had to look at Tikay as well

Haven't been on the site for a while as Ive been abraod in a Poker free zone for a few months...  Glad to see Rich still doesn't know how to tuck his shirt in..  Some things never change ;o)
  • edited November 2014
    Rich & Ryan, 
    I bet STFC ain't to chuffed with you guys, when leaderboards up again look where he's from!! And it's not Shrewsbury!
    The clues there ;-).       By the way Jackally as just knocked me out the Turbo, gl to all
  • edited November 2014
    Gameshow pet peeve:

Deal Or No Deal - The "Death Box". It's not a death box if IT'S RANDOM!
  • edited November 2014
    In Response to Re: Tonight LIVE on Sky Poker TV from 7pm with Rich, Ryan and guest David Mcconachie! (Plus Last Longer competition):
    Ooops.... I did send the email to skyopen@bskyb.com just typed the wrong address on the forum. Still not in the tourney though......
    Posted by robl04

Found the online chat eventually!

Apparantly the system showed that I had manually cancelled my registration to the main at the same time the satalite finished.

They are putting me into next weeks.
  • edited November 2014
    What do I have poker to be thankful for?

There'll always be somebody to talk to at 3am :)
  • edited November 2014
    master cash 4 hand  842533254
  • edited November 2014

Hand History #842552652 MC3

Anna made me look foolish last week so would be good to see me win a pot

• edited November 2014
    I thought that hand was interesting for all players involved

• edited November 2014
    hi a hand request from master cash 24

my original bet on the turn was an attempt to rep the K since he could have QQ or JJ, the river comes a 3rd diamond giving me a flush so i tried to bluff the flush.

my original aim was to make weaker pairs fold but as the river gives a 3rd diamond i see it as a chance to get rid of Kx and AA

Q. is going all in the best action or would it have been better to value bet repping the king

• edited November 2014

Hey guys, I see you didn't like my optimistic hero call with the AK, thought he was having me on, maybe AQ or AJ, Just couldn't resist a peak haha

• edited November 2014
    THANKS!!!!!

so always fancied the 55BH, now im no where near rolled for this, but when u put it up, and scotty saying its a great structure,....... £63 in my account I said, IM DOING IT!

well, sad face actually, 842554999

OUT ALLREADY!!! MY ROLL!!!!! luckily I play for enjoyment and loved my two hands played :(

if you don't play the hand, I called a raise with ducks,  duck on the flop a bet, I raise he goes all in, I call .. QQ and yes its a sad river story my first £55BH, over but gl too him with head value and chips!

exactly what I was hoping too see though cant complian,  and thats what pokers braught too me, remember all the nice stuff I said earlier .... I still love sky

thanks for the advice on the cash hand, always appreciated, if u play the other cash hand it was a misclick 3 tables too much :( 
  • edited November 2014
    Good evening Mr Orford, Mr Spittles and Mr Mcconachie.
    Question for Mr Mcconachie, what is the lowest buy-in you play on  online poker.
    All the best.
    Rainman397
  • edited November 2014
    What I have Poker to be thankful for.....

P atience is a virtue

O rford and crew are great tutors

K ing 8 as been good to me

E njoying the games and company

R ivercard can be a saviour at times.

Great show guys
  • edited November 2014

Something that poker has given me to be thankful for.

I guess the friendships and camaradrie that this site has given me. The best example of which has to be The Ploppers (PLO8 players). A more friendly bunch you could never wish to meet.

Also this allows me the chance to sound as if i know what i am talking about, mainly because nobody else knows enough to argue
  • edited November 2014
    Good evening again Gentlemen.
    Just a quick  follow up question for Mr Mcconachie, i would consider it a great honour if a player of your calibre could spare the time to participate in the £2.20 @2.20 DEEPSTACK.
    All the best
    Rainman397
  • edited November 2014
    what has poker give me.

well poker has given me a holiday to greece next year so i can see the pathagon and also a possible holiday to rome.

best of all it's a way i can win money through skill rather than luck as it's always got the orfords availible.
  • edited November 2014
    well richard as you can see i was terrible with english.
    here's an offer you teach me spelling and  i teach you poker
  • edited November 2014
    Guys,

Once again a good show!

Would the pro's,expert and presenters be interested in entering one of the main events under an anonymous alias, this would be fun on a televised show to try and figure out who's who and would give bragging rights to the person who lasts longer..  this would also be a challenge for the anonymous player as they wouldnt instantly get the respect where someone thinks this is "Ryan Spittles, Julian Thew or Neil Channing". 

Once the person has been eliminated their real identity would be revealed.

But also get some of the regular big hitters such as Matt Bates, TommyD and Divsdreams involved!

Thanks

Mike
  • edited November 2014
    Hi guys and gals,

Thanks for all the messages, really appreciate it.

The winners of Turbo Open seats for next week are:

memfno

Boarbag

and

bright4515

Thanks and good luck!
  • edited November 2014
    who won the last longer???