You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Roller All in Sats

Comments

• edited December 2014

it would be far better if people promote things they like rather than try to destroy things that don't suit them personally.

anyone with mild paranoia may respond.

• edited December 2014
    In Response to Re: Roller All in Sats:
    In Response to Re: Roller All in Sats : sky cancelled one all-in sat long before they were played.  there were a number of people registered into a 3 seat guaranteed game.  i believe that this was wrong.  very wrong.  if this practice were upheld sky could cancel any tournament they choose that isn't making a guarantee.  why offer guarantee in the first place.  not good sky.  
    Posted by aussie09
    Pretty sure if you read the T's & C's they can do exactly that!  I don't have a problem with any tournament not running if it doesn't make it's stated minimum number of runners, but......... on too many occasions Sky cancel tournaments with too few runners where NO minimum number of runners is stated in the lobby, for me that is not acceptable. 
  • edited December 2014
    In Response to Re: Roller All in Sats : Pretty sure if you read the T's & C's they can do exactly that!  I don't have a problem with any tournament not running if it doesn't make it's stated minimum number of runners, but......... on too many occasions Sky cancel tournaments with too few runners where NO minimum number of runners is stated in the lobby, for me that is not acceptable. 
    Posted by Slykllist

gosh, really T&C's.  that's not good. 

cancel if not meeting minimum numbers stated is fine.  cancel if number exceeded any stated minimum yet not reaching guarantee is not good.

i am sure they a careful not to undermine trust and ruin goodwill.

• edited December 2014
    In Response to Re: Roller All in Sats : Since when do Skypoker have to provide cheap tickets into a tourney?  If you want to play in the tourney, stump up the cash.  The entry fee isn't that expensive anyway
    Posted by tsarina
    This is a joke (bad one at that) comment..... Surely?? 
  • edited December 2014
    Glad to say Sky have credited my account with the £110 today

Thankyou customer service for sorting it out so quickly

Ian
  • edited December 2014
    Glad to say Sky have credited my account with the £110 today Thankyou customer service for sorting it out so quickly Ian
    Posted by MacMonster
    Glad to hear it buddy :)
  • edited December 2014
    In Response to Re: Roller All in Sats : Since when do Skypoker have to provide cheap tickets into a tourney?  If you want to play in the tourney, stump up the cash.  The entry fee isn't that expensive anyway
    Posted by tsarina

Nice result in this AIPF sat tonight BTW ;) 

tsarina660001Entry to £10,000 B/HunterS6Bullits02£21.45
  • edited December 2014
    Posted by tsarina
    MMhhhh.. All-in sat for the £33 (yeah, thats right the VERY inexpensive) BH.  Humble Pie anyone?  Tsar also bubbled the next one!
    tsarina660001Entry to £10,000 B/Hunter
    S6Bullits02£21.45
    rumpkin2603

• edited December 2014
    In Response to Re: Roller All in Sats : Nice result in this AIPF sat tonight BTW ;)  tsarina 66000 1 Entry to £10,000 B/Hunter S6Bullits 0 2 £21.45
    Posted by MAXALLY
    What a total pri@k
  • edited December 2014
    In Response to Re: Roller All in Sats : What a total pri@k
    Posted by joesman1
    How terribly gauche.
  • edited December 2014
    In Response to Re: Roller All in Sats : How terribly gauche.
    Posted by tsarina
    Definition of gauche is graceless. I'd like to think I (usually) show good grace. Unlike yourself, be-littleing anyone who enters an 'All-in sat'. Then enter one yourself, and even bink it. 
  • edited December 2014
    can we make sure this stays nice and civil while getting your points across please peeps or I will be forced to closed it 

muchos gracias
  • edited December 2014
    In Response to Re: Roller All in Sats : How terribly gauche.
    Posted by tsarina

Definition of gauche is graceless. I'd like to think I (usually) show good grace. Unlike yourself, be-littleing anyone who enters an 'All-in sat'. Then enter one yourself, and even bink it. 

+1.

Not sure why you (tsarina) posted something like you did in the 1st place, then contradicted yourself somewhat by then playing the AIPF sats.

Joesman is a well respected player/forum member and understands the reasons to give the smaller BR players a chance/opportunity to play in the bigger games. Maybe you could take a leaf out of his book.

• edited December 2014
    is everyone having a sense of humour failure this week?

most threads discussing the need for freerolls end up having "amusing" alternative comments thrown at them. whether it was appropriate or amusing can be debated, but that isn't what happened.

and personally i think gauche is both a relevant and restrained reply to that vulgarity.
  • edited December 2014
    Have to +1 Geldy here.

The only person that's been out of line in this thread imo is Joesman.

Ok so Tsarina expressed a differing opinion, maybe he/she thinks you should get rid of AI sats, I dunno, but either way they just discussed the topic at hand, they didn't insult anyone, they didn't make a single personal comment aimed at anyone, ... only one person did that.

Fwiw, I don't think the fact he's played one (and won) makes any difference either really. I don't know Tsar's financial position but speaking for myself, I don't need to play satellites into £33 main events, but if I see an AI sat for £3 kicking off in 5 seconds with 5 runners am I gonna reg it? 100% and if that happens 50 times in the same night, I'll register all 50 of them, it's just absolutely standard.

Maybe Tsar just spotted overlay and rightly so thought 'registering here is just free money for doing nothing', maybe that's not the case and he actually just loves AI sats for the gamblezzz, i dunno but tbf his only real point on this thread was that Sky don't HAVE to provide these games... hardly worthy of the response he got.

P.S. I love AI sats, and don't think there's any logical reason for why sky would/should ever get rid of them
  • edited December 2014

Geldy/lambo.

Try reading the whole thread before commenting hey. It might help.

Its nothing to do with f/rolls. It is nothing to do with players playing (or not playing) AIPF sats.

It is about Sky Poker and an error that occurred with some sats. You two have just gone off on tangents.

Thanks for your input though.
  • edited December 2014
    So why did you take it off topic by posting that Tsarina had won an all in sat for a BH?

^ nothing to do with Sky's problems on Sunday night.
  • edited December 2014
    I have read the thread, I know it aint about freerolls.

I didn't go off a tangent, Tsarina did, I just didn't think that warranted being called a pri@k.

• edited December 2014

.....and right on cue, Sky's full time troll turns up with another useless thread input. LOL. Just LOL.

To Paul. Fair comment. 
  • edited December 2014
    Might wanna practice what you preach Alan. Can't accuse people of going off on a tangent when you were the one that derailed the thread purpose anyway.

Or am I wrong?
  • edited December 2014
    In Response to Roller All in Sats:
    Any reason why there doesn't seem to be any Roller all in sats until 21:40 ????
    Posted by MacMonster
    thread was started about the lack of all in sats. 
    tsarina made a comment which i thought was tongue in cheek and amusing. Which is why i commented on it on page 2. No one else admitted to being  amused - fine by me. 
    Most regs only play allin sats for the lolz or the overlay certainly not for the rake or the skillz, ie as a cheap roll if not free, but certainly worthy of a sarcastic comment re their absence imho.

• edited December 2014
    People, please.

Deep breaths.

Chill.

:)
  • edited December 2014

Comedy thread. 

Alot wud be fine/funny elsewhere, prob well out of line here :)

tsarina has bossed it though, quality. 
  • edited December 2014
    Maybe my use of word was harsh, for that I apologise. What I won't apologise for is defending the people that I felt were having 'the micky' taken out of them. 

• edited December 2014
    In Response to  Roller All in Sats : thread was started about the lack of all in sats.  tsarina made a comment which i thought was tongue in cheek and amusing. Which is why i commented on it on page 2. No one else admitted to being  amused - fine by me.  Most regs only play allin sats for the lolz or the overlay certainly not for the rake or the skillz, ie as a cheap roll if not free, but certainly worthy of a sarcastic comment re their absence imho.
    Posted by GELDY

This made me chuckle, as earlier I read a thread that had gone a similar way this thread ended up going, only previously said comedian of this thread, argued their point differently.....

I don;t think you're getting the point.  Sarcasm is not only considered to be the lowest form of wit, but by its very definition involves ridicule of another person. 

Here is the Oxford English Dictionary definition
    sar·casm  
    n.
    1. A cutting, often ironic remark intended to wound.
    2. A form of wit that is marked by the use of sarcastic language and is intended to make its
     victim the butt of contempt or ridicule

Whether you find the use of sarcasm to be an effective form of wit in real life is immaterial.  If you accept, as you do, that in this medium it is frequently misunderstood, then perhaps you have now found the answer you seek

:)

• edited December 2014
    ....brings back memories indeed.
  • edited December 2014
    Some all in sats weren't working, people found out via this thread and contacted CC. CC made good.

Then, well, not sure. Think thread probably served its purpose now though?
  • edited December 2014
    Think some people just got out of bed wrong side and commented on this thread!

Shame so many threads end this way at present. Come on guys and gals its xmas soon :( Festive cheer and all that :) Nothing nice to say...... you know the score :)
  • edited December 2014
    Sarcasm is boss.

Sarcasm aint the lowest form of wit, but cliche is the lowest form of rhetoric, so nerrrr.
  • edited December 2014
    Sarcasm is boss. Sarcasm aint the lowest form of wit, but cliche is the lowest form of rhetoric, so nerrrr.
    Posted by TeddyBloat
    I like that :)