You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Opinions....

2»

Comments

• edited December 2014
    In Response to Re: Opinions....:
    Tom, I don't think Jordz is that bothered about trying to resteal the away BB! More a case of someone raising from a sub 10bb stack and Jordan sticking his stack in in the belief the BB isn't there to throw any spanners in the works and putting the short stack all in for his tournament life. Out of interest Jordan, how long had the guy been away for? Just that hand? Orbit? Longer?
    Posted by hhyftrftdr

it was just that hand as far as i remember, although he would have been utg the previous hand so i may have not noticed it anyway but it hadnt been an orbit thats for sure
  • edited December 2014
    In Response to Re: Opinions.... : yeah im fully aware thats a possibility, but the maths would be that he had to have came back in the exact 1 second gap that you get between my shove and his timebar starting to run down, also at a time when he has a massive hand, and also at a time he is in the BB (the one position where you make the button/SB compelled to raise you) all them 3 factors together makes it feel like the odds on it being a genuine away scenario as very slim
    Posted by jordz16
    Lets assume it was genuine:

If he didnt come back in the exact second, he'd have folded and you'd be non the wiser

If he didnt have a big hand he would have folded you'd be non the wiser

If he wasnt in the BB we wouldnt have been facing a steal and a resteal so youd be non the wiser.

People go away and comeback all the time, the only time you'll notice anything is when:

They are facing an aggressive action

They comeback before the action times them out

They have a hand that can stand an aggressive action.

Given a 35bb all in, the ONLY hand that will ever show up is a monster. He wont rush back to call with 84o.
  • edited December 2014
    Bump.

Can the person in question doing this (they know who they are) perhaps consider not doing it? Not breaking any rules but far from in the spirit of the game. Or the spirit of Christmas. You didn't see baby Jesus pretending to be away in his manger.

Oh wait.
  • edited December 2014
    Bump. Can the person in question doing this (they know who they are) perhaps consider not doing it? Not breaking any rules but far from in the spirit of the game. Or the spirit of Christmas. You didn't see baby Jesus pretending to be away in his manger. Oh wait.
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    Yeah, Sorry Jordz, All.

Me Bad!!

Is that a Bright Star Overhead??
    ...and I smell Frankensence!!

Thanks Harry, You have made me see the Light & Error of My Ways!
    ...I know you been trying too.
  • edited December 2014
    don't go all in , just raise less and fold to the away players all in :)

• edited December 2014
    Surely reraising to put the other player all in (10BB) is preferable, then in the event that BB 'wakes up' and goes all in we can fold and still have a playable 25BB stack. I can't see how this doesn't achieve what we want without any down side. As to whether the 'sit out' is deliberate or not I would give the benefit of the doubt but make a note 'Sits out to trap?' If I see him do it again then I remove the question mark and put it in capaital letters. 
    Posted by Enut
    Just to up date you I experienced the same thing last night with, I think, the same player. He's sat out and I raise with A8 on the button, then he 'wakes up' with AK. He's short stacked so it all goes in and luckily I bink an 8 to knock him out, Karma possibly!

Anyway suffice to say my 'Sits out to trap?' now has the question mark removed and is in capital letters!

As has been said it's not breaking any rules but isn't really in the spirit of the game, IMO.