You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Turn £50.00 Into an entry to Feb UKPC?

edited December 2014 in Betting Chat
I am going to try and turn £50.00 into £1,100.00 for an entry into the UKPC.
I am going to invest the initial £50.00 on a 1/10 chance , hopefully winning £55.00 then re-invest the returns on another 1/10 shot for what i have worked out to be a continous 33 bets to get to the total of £1,100.00 and entry to the tournament.
Many will scorn at betting such short odds on Favs, i should know better ( i am a betting shop manager and have been for almost 20 years) , but hopefully being able to study the sporting papers i will hopefully find a true 1/10 shot each time and try and reach the target.
I will keep everyone informed of my selection, i am going to start on Monday the 8th Dec, i will not bet each day if i do not think that there is a true bet to go on.I have over 2 months to complete this.
Selections will be of all sorts of sports and from all parts of the world, a bit of fun should be had,i  just do not want to fall flat on my face and fail at the first selection or even worse be rivered and fail at the last.
If anyone from Sky Bet / Sky Poker would like to sponser me in my quest i would be most greatful and any proceds would go to Guide dogs for the blind.
So now to the books , first of hopefully 33 attempts.look out for my selections and keep your fingers crossed for me.

regards,

arthur.

Comments

• edited December 2014
    Good luck m8,I shall be watching and hoping you make it.
    Years ago,I remember a Pub owner who used to go to the races and back a hot fav, to be placed.
    He was always in front by the end of the year.
    Favs normally pay about 1.10.
  • edited December 2014
    In Response to Re: Turn £50.00 Into an entry to Feb UKPC?:
    Good luck m8,I shall be watching and hoping you make it. Years ago,I remember a Pub owner who used to go to the races and back a hot fav, to be placed. He was always in front by the end of the year. Favs normally pay about 1.10.
    Posted by wynne1938
    Thanks Buddy, i had thought of place only on short price Favs but the Tote/Betfred changed the rules, you are correct, the min on any place bet used to be 1.1 but they changed it a few years back and now can return place dividends of 1.01.Now a days we have anything and evertything to bet on, i am going to look at in play markets, and tennis form for short price favs are usually reliable, fingers crossed.
    regards.
  • edited December 2014
    In Response to Turn £50.00 Into an entry to Feb UKPC?:
    I am going to try and turn £50.00 into £1,100.00 for an entry into the UKPC. I am going to invest the initial £50.00 on a 1/10 chance , hopefully winning £55.00 then re-invest the returns on another 1/10 shot for what i have worked out to be a continous 33 bets to get to the total of £1,100.00 and entry to the tournament. Many will scorn at betting such short odds on Favs, i should know better ( i am a betting shop manager and have been for almost 20 years) , but hopefully being able to study the sporting papers i will hopefully find a true 1/10 shot each time and try and reach the target. I will keep everyone informed of my selection, i am going to start on Monday the 8th Dec, i will not bet each day if i do not think that there is a true bet to go on.I have over 2 months to complete this. Selections will be of all sorts of sports and from all parts of the world, a bit of fun should be had,i  just do not want to fall flat on my face and fail at the first selection or even worse be rivered and fail at the last. If anyone from Sky Bet / Sky Poker would like to sponser me in my quest i would be most greatful and any proceds would go to Guide dogs for the blind. So now to the books , first of hopefully 33 attempts.look out for my selections and keep your fingers crossed for me. regards, arthur.
    Posted by arthur1962

I REALLY REALLY hope u succeed Arthur.... But I strongly suspect u will fail. I'd fancy your chances much more if u waited for very good even money chances. U would only need 4 to cop, to get to £800. But then a 1/4 shot would no doubt let u down. 
  • edited December 2014
    here we go , first selection 12-45 Musselburgh Arabic History £50.00 @ 1-5.lets hope we do not fall at the first ?.
  • edited December 2014
    Good start. Well done sir

Will be interesting to see, if this carries on whether you have the balls to put a £700-£800 bet on to get over the final hurdle. :)
  • edited December 2014
    here we go , first selection 12-45 Musselburgh Arabic History £50.00 @ 1-5.lets hope we do not fall at the first ?.
    Posted by arthur1962

Won't se the race until tonight. But I've just read the Racing Post analysis on the race... Defo a sweat on there by the sounds of it. Left clear at the last when challenging the leader (who fell).... Idled in front to hold on by 1 1/2 lengths.... Phew I'd say
  • edited December 2014
    Good start,may it carry on!
  • edited December 2014
    1-10 shots think ya best of sticking it ina 2 horse race on tennis or boxing or footy etc instead of the horse racing 8 runner fields etc 
  • edited December 2014
  • edited December 2014
    1-10 shots think ya best of sticking it ina 2 horse race on tennis or boxing or footy etc instead of the horse racing 8 runner fields etc 
    Posted by IDONKCALLU
    I heard that when theres a long odds on favourite in a race its good to have an ew bet on an outsider as bookies hate these races. As an ex bookmaker can you confirm this?
  • edited December 2014
    yip i still believe if there is a 8 runner race or more with a long odds on shot this is a great e/w race 
  • edited December 2014
    hope u read the post dohh on the forum i sent channing ;) 
  • edited December 2014
    First leg and i was so incredably lucky, my selection was 2 lengths down and going nowhere coming to the last but the leader got it all wrong and came down, happily horse and rider both ok and even more happy that i did not fail at the first attempt.
    Anyway i  have found one today, Real madrid tonight is 1/12 over 90 mins which in my book makes them a 2/11 or 1/6 for double result half time full time but those kind bookies have them at 1/3 so the £60.00 is invested on Real Madrid to win h/t and f/t against Ludogrets.
    regards and thanks for everyones posts and good wishes.
  • edited December 2014
    Each morning we get an email from head office highlighting careful e/w races, these are all races that have short odds on Favs and yes head office do not like these types of race one bit.In Response to Re: Turn £50.00 Into an entry to Feb UKPC?:
    In Response to Re: Turn £50.00 Into an entry to Feb UKPC? : I heard that when theres a long odds on favourite in a race its good to have an ew bet on an outsider as bookies hate these races. As an ex bookmaker can you confirm this?
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
  • edited December 2014
    Same bet has Real Madrid at 2/5 on a certain red banded site (Can't type the name obv)

and 1/8 to win.

Shop around
  • edited December 2014
    It's actually 2/5 on SkyBet aswell.  

P.s Good luck with the challenge - hope you do it.
  • edited December 2014
    Bet Number 3, i think Club Brugge @1/3 is to good to overlook against HJK Helsinki, although Helsinki can still quailify and got everything to play for their own season finished a month ago and Brugge beat them 3-0 in Helsinki and need a win to guarantee top position.
    So £80.00 @ 1/3 is the selection.

regards.
  • edited December 2014
    well the gods seem to be onside late winner good luck with your next bet
  • edited December 2014
    Really wishing i never started this, had heart op and small heart attack earlier this year and so far had 3 bets and 2 have been a wee bit fortunate, will maybe just give it a few more see how it goes and maybe just donate the winnings to guide dogs for the blind. thanks for your post,regards.In Response to re turn:
    well the gods seem to be onside late winner good luck with your next bet
    Posted by MYSHARKY
  • edited December 2014
    OK, luck is on my side but we all need luck, Today bet number 4, Bath v Montpellier, i am taking Bath to win ht/ft @ 1/5, strong selection, Sam Burges first start and bath beat them in France a few days ago and handicap is -19 , so the winnings of £106.66 is invested at 1/5.

regards.
  • edited December 2014
    Bet number 5. i am sticking with rugby union, Wasps should be too strong for Castres so i am having the £127.99 on the wasps to win Ht/Ft @ 2/9.

regards.
  • edited December 2014
    Not a bad first week, managed to turn £50.00 into £156.43, i was so lucky even to get past the first selection so everything is a bonus.
    As the stakes goes up 1/5 and 1/6 gets decent returns, they can and will get beat sometimes as we all know lets just hope the selections we make are the correct ones.
    Day off tomorrow so will having thinking cap back on Tuesday, as all before the  selections will be given before the off and none of this nonsence of posting already winning selections, regards and happy punting to all.
  • edited December 2014
    bet number 6, quite simple- Chelsea to Qualify against derby in tonights cup game, £156.43 @ 2/9.

regards.
  • edited December 2014
    The best of luck with this! 
  • edited December 2014
    Apreciated , thank you. In Response to Re: Turn £50.00 Into an entry to Feb UKPC?:
    The best of luck with this! 
    Posted by Brrrrrrr
  • edited December 2014
    Good Luck,keep going!
  • edited December 2014
    your doing really well m8 well done and keep the cool uh. im really enjoying this post hope u do it
  • edited December 2014
    great thread good luck with this
  • edited December 2014
    Enjoying this.....

No pulling out see it through to the end!
  • edited December 2014
    Great thread, will be following with interest. Best of luck!!