You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Shame on Sky

edited December 2014 in Poker Chat
Another day, another eager click on the promotions calendar, and ... whats this?

A promotion that does not require volume, skill, or a bankroll?

Shame on you sky!

How can you have a promotion that does not favour one particular section of the community over others?

Or one that does not exclude a range of players from entering?

Even the "I am busy and cannot play between 7-8pm because I have such a fulfilling family life" brigade can surely find a way to play 1 cash hand?

Shucks sky - completely stymied - nothing to complain about.

Sort it out for tomorrow please?

Comments

• edited December 2014

Ha!

Outrageous.

For those who have not clicked, today's Sky Poker Xmas Challenge is a prize draw for an i-Phone 6. (Whatever that is). 

How do you qualify for this prize draw? There are 3 different ways.

Play an MTT between 7pm & 8pm this evening. Any MTT. Just one.  

Play a DYM between 7pm & 8pm this evening. Any DYM. Just one. 

Play a hand of cash, at any level, between 7pm & 8pm this evening. Just one hand

Deets are HERE

• edited December 2014

So is that a complaint about not having something to complain about? :)

If so, we promise to do better. Or should that be worse?

#headhurts
  • edited December 2014
    In Response to Re: Shame on Sky:
    So is that a complaint about not having something to complain about? :) If so, we promise to do better. Or should that be worse? #headhurts
    Posted by Sky_Poker
    Don't tempt fate.

I bet there will be at least one complaint.

"But it clashes with The Archers & Corrie, it's just not fair"

• edited December 2014
    So is that a complaint about not having something to complain about? :) If so, we promise to do better. Or should that be worse? #headhurts
    Posted by Sky_Poker
    Absoultely - I look forward to the daily rant by someone who feels that all promotions should suit them, their playing habits, their perceived edge whether that be skill or volume.

And you have taken that away with this outrageous promotion.

I feel we should boycott the site between 7-8pm tonight.

(disclaimer - I might actually play a dym myself - but happy for everyone else to protest)
  • edited December 2014

Have to agree with phantom here.

It has been a guilty pleasure of mine coming on to the site and reading threads about promotions and giveaways not targetting a specific person.

We need more threads about invitation only freerolls, or passwords being asked for.

No better way of starting the day than hearing someone moan about not being given free money which in their mind they thouroughly deserve.

My personal suggestion would be a freeroll targetted at people whose surname begins witha Z and live in villages with populations of less than 300.
  • edited December 2014
    Please don't send me the iPhone if I win it, I still struggle with the microwave, nevermind a phone which probably costs £18,000. Thanks.

Karen Zarumba
    Wyre, Orkney Isles.
  • edited December 2014
    Please don't send me the iPhone if I win it, I still struggle with the microwave, nevermind a phone which probably costs £18,000. Thanks. Karen Zarumba Wyre, Orkney Isles.
    Posted by Macacgirl1

Are you slating The Orkney Isles......Sky please deal with this ;-)
  • edited December 2014
    Ha! Outrageous. For those who have not clicked , today's Sky Poker Xmas Challenge is a prize draw for an i-Phone 6. (Whatever that is).  How do you qualify for this prize draw? There are 3 different ways. Play an MTT between 7pm & 8pm this evening. Any MTT. Just one.   Play a DYM between 7pm & 8pm this evening. Any DYM. Just one.  Play a hand of cash, at any level, between 7pm & 8pm this evening. Just one hand . Deets are HERE     
    Posted by Tikay10
    Not being pedantic, I genuinely just wanna make sure because it's what I intended to do...it still counts if you play a HU SnG, right? Or does the SnG have to be a DYM?
  • edited December 2014
    In Response to Re: Shame on Sky : Not being pedantic, I genuinely just wanna make sure because it's what I intended to do...it still counts if you play a HU SnG, right? Or does the SnG have to be a DYM?
    Posted by Lambert180
    It's actually a SNG (not a DYM, as I noted, sorry).

ANY SNG.

ANY MTT. 

ANY SINGLE CASH HAND.

Between 7pm & 8pm.

• edited December 2014
    Does the MTT or SnG have to start between 7 - 8PM?
  • edited December 2014
    Does the MTT or SnG have to start between 7 - 8PM?
    Posted by VespaPX
    ;)

I would have thought so, Mick.

If I were keen to make sure I were in the draw, between 7pm & 8pm I'd just enter a £0.60 SNG, or play a cash hand at 2p-4p, or enter the £1.10 DTD MTT (7.45) or £1.10 PLO8 MTT (also 7.45).

Job done.

• edited December 2014
    In Response to Re: Shame on Sky : ;) I would have thought so, Mick.   If I were keen to make sure I were in the draw, between 7pm & 8pm I'd just enter a £0.60 SNG, or play a cash hand at 2p-4p, or enter the £1.10 DTD MTT (7.45) or £1.10 PLO8 MTT (also 7.45). Job done.  
    Posted by Tikay10
    Might do them all for the lolz :-)
  • edited December 2014
    u telling me phantom between 7-8pm u cant play 1 cash hand then leave after that hand has finished ?
  • edited December 2014
    u telling me phantom between 7-8pm u cant play 1 cash hand then leave after that hand has finished ?
    Posted by IDONKCALLU
    Whooooooosh!
  • edited December 2014
    do freerolls count?
  • edited December 2014
    do freerolls count?
    Posted by Matzo
    I've no idea Mr Matzo, but if I had to guess, I'd say probably not.

This is what it says.....

"Anyone that plays one cash game hand or one sit and go or one tournament between 7pm - 8pm tonight will be entered into a prize draw to win an iPhone 6....."

As it states "CASH game hand", I'd infer from that that a Freeroll MTT would not count.

Probably best if you contact Customer Care & see what they say, though.
  • edited December 2014
    Good afternoon all.
    Could Sky poker make an exception in my case, as i have to walk the dog between 7pm and 8pm.
    All the best.
    Rainman397
  • edited December 2014

Tk, can I join a table and fold one hand, then leave, does that count?

• edited December 2014
    Good afternoon all. Could Sky poker make an exception in my case, as i have to walk the dog between 7pm and 8pm. All the best. Rainman397
    Posted by rainman397
    rofl.

Stop it, stop it right now!

• edited December 2014
    Tk, can I join a table and fold one hand, then leave, does that count?
    Posted by Macacgirl1

GO AWAY you donut.*

* In case someone (else) gets whooshed, I am familiar with this particular player, & I simply don't like her, not one bit, so I can say that.

She regales us nightly with "interesting facts", i.e.,

Q - What is the world's biggest Turkey?

Is the Answer

a) I don't care?

b) Macacgirl1?

Sheesh, in truth, she is about the only person on here I can get away with saying that to. I can think of a few I'd like to, mind........ 
  • edited December 2014
    Tikay, if I open up a cash table, click 'sit down', watch as I wait for the BB, click 'stand' before it gets to me....

Does this count?

:)
  • edited December 2014
    Tikay, if I open up a cash table, click 'sit down', watch as I wait for the BB, click 'stand' before it gets to me.... Does this count? :)
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    I'll click you if you don't behave.
  • edited December 2014
    The world's biggest turkey was 166lb!
    Named Terry by the owners.
    Terry the Turkey.

Another Christmas related Interesting fact, is the UK sales of Terry's chocolate Orange.
    If every chocolate orange purchased in December was stacked one on top of each other, it would reach Venus.
    It's true, I measured a box and looked at sales figures and worked it out all proper like.
  • edited December 2014
    The world's biggest turkey was 166lb! Named Terry by the owners. Terry the Turkey. Another Christmas related Interesting fact, is the UK sales of Terry's chocolate Orange. If every chocolate orange purchased in December was stacked one on top of each other, it would reach Venus. It's true, I measured a box and looked at sales figures and worked it out all proper like.
    Posted by Macacgirl1
     Much as i hate to argue with you. But it obviously excessive rake that Terry' charge( difference between size of orange and size of box). It is clear that any statement about them is -EV. Whereas if you go for the more traditional Dairy milk, this comes with considerably less rake and therefore a much more +EV situation to find yourself in
  • edited December 2014
    The world's biggest turkey was 166lb! Named Terry by the owners. Terry the Turkey. Another Christmas related Interesting fact, is the UK sales of Terry's chocolate Orange. If every chocolate orange purchased in December was stacked one on top of each other, it would reach Venus. It's true, I measured a box and looked at sales figures and worked it out all proper like.
    Posted by Macacgirl1
    How many Twiglets to get to Uranus?
  • edited December 2014
    Point taken Talon, but I find the ROI with Chocolate Orange outweighs the rake dilemma.
    Also, any normal person can get through half a dozen chocolate oranges, but after say a dozen bars (same weight in chocolate) of Dairy Milk it starts to get a little bit claggy.
  • edited December 2014
    Point taken Talon, but I find the ROI with Chocolate Orange outweighs the rake dilemma. Also, any normal person can get through half a dozen chocolate oranges, but after say a dozen bars (same weight in chocolate) of Dairy Milk it starts to get a little bit claggy.
    Posted by Macacgirl1
     I just hope you are not using is part of your 5 a day to increase your expected value
  • edited December 2014
    Posted by Macacgirl1

no way
    it's not possible
    it would fall over before you got there for sure
    i know cos i tried

however if you just used the actual chocolate in it you might get as far as tikay's abode. 

• edited December 2014
    7 to 8pm? thats ridiculous....coronation street!! sort it out SKY!!
  • edited December 2014
    coronation street aint on lol fa cup draw on at 7pm tho :)