You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.....

Hand History #849972744 (02:54 16/12/2014)PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalancehard_steveSmall blind 10.0010.001950.00FivealBig blind 20.0030.002060.00 Your hole cardsKK   TKING25Fold    AFC4989Call 20.0050.002020.00JimRiddle7Raise 80.00130.001900.00marajohnaFold    hard_steveFold    FivealCall 60.00190.002000.00AFC4989Fold    Flop  9104   FivealBet 190.00380.001810.00JimRiddle7All-in 1900.002280.000.00FivealCall 1710.003990.00100.00FivealShow10J   JimRiddle7ShowKK   Turn  10   River  8   FivealWinThree 10s3990.00 4090.0

Comments

• edited December 2014

Hi Jim,

I see you have posted a few of these in the last day or two, & even suggested moving to another site.

I'm sorry, but this is poker, you have to get used to it, & chill out when it happens, or you are never going to enjoy your poker.

We lost a hand we think we should have won. End of story, dealer, deal the next hand please.

Getting angry at how unjust it feels won't help one bit. 

I play a lot of DYM's, maybe 30 or 40 per evening. I'm reasonably competent, & I make a bit of money, month after month. Each night I lose around 14 or 15 DYM's I think I deserve to win. I don't dwell on it, why would I? It does not help.

Next game, next hand, next case. 

Have you ever read any of "The Mental Game of Poker" excerpts I have Posted on here, with thanks to the Co-authors, Barry Carter & Jared Tendlar?

That book has, genuinely, cured THOUSANDS of poker players, & helped them enjoy their poker more.

Give it a try Jim, you have nothing to lose.

Good luck.

• edited December 2014

PS - nearly 20 "Exclamation marks" - you'll be catching Hitman up soon at this rate.

;)
  • edited December 2014
    ''Have you ever read any of "The Mental Game of Poker" excerpts I have Posted on here, with thanks to the Co-authors, Barry Carter & Jared Tendlar?''

I have read this cover to cover once and am in the process of highlighting all the areas that I have improved on and those that need more work.

It applies to all things in life not just poker, its a really good read.

That and playing PLO8 to see what REAL variance is......;-)))
  • edited December 2014
    In Response to Re:!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.....:
    ''Have you ever read any of "The Mental Game of Poker" excerpts I have Posted on here, with thanks to the Co-authors, Barry Carter & Jared Tendlar?'' I have read this cover to cover once and am in the process of highlighting all the areas that I have improved on and those that need more work. It applies to all things in life not just poker, its a really good read. That and playing PLO8 to see what REAL variance is......;-)))
    Posted by HENDRIK62
    Honestly, if I were "King For a Day", a dream we all visit now & then, I'd make it obligitory for all poker players to spend a month playing PLO or PLO8 before they play NLH.

The potential outdraws in PLO & PLO8 are far more likely in the 4 card game, but the players seem to very quickly understand & adapt to it, & just shrug their shoulders & move on to the next case. Why would they do anythng different?

Really, if we can't find a way to cope with outdraws, we should not be playing poker.

Of COURSE they hurt a bit, but they will ALWAYS happen, as long as we play, always have, always will. Can you imagine playing poker for 10 years & getting uppity every time you are outdrawn? Not be a lot of fun, that.......

We have to learn to deal with it, or we'll get luss fun per poker £.

• edited December 2014
    In Response to Re:!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!..... : Honestly, if I were "King For a Day", a dream we all visit now & then, I'd make it obligitory for all poker players to spend a month playing PLO or PLO8 before they play NLH.   The potential outdraws in PLO & PLO8 are far more likely in the 4 card game, but the players seem to very quickly understand & adapt to it, & just shrug their shoulders & move on to the next case. Why would they do anythng different? Really, if we can't find a way to cope with outdraws, we should not be playing poker. Of COURSE they hurt a bit, but they will ALWAYS happen, as long as we play, always have, always will. Can you imagine playing poker for 10 years & getting uppity every time you are outdrawn? Not be a lot of fun, that....... We have to learn to deal with it, or we'll get luss fun per poker £.   
    Posted by Tikay10
    Tikay, i dont care what you say, you work for the site and youre going to defend it and blame me..

I have played thousands of PLO games, and consider myself a competant player.. so dont be so pretentious..

I have seen things on this site that make me believe it is rigged..

shortstack shoves with 79 off, guarantee the flop is 779..

the other day i was all in with QQ and called by 44...

THREE players at the table KNEW the river would be a four.. including myself...

How can we predict random outcomes...   easy... theyre not random...

I have now signed up to four other poker sites...  your replies give me no confidence with this site..

in addition, sky have been messing me around with skrill and netteller payments, blaming the merchants.. when no other site has issues with them..

I will be phasing out my play on sky...

Goodbye...

• edited December 2014
    In Response to Re:!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!..... : Honestly, if I were "King For a Day", a dream we all visit now & then, I'd make it obligitory for all poker players to spend a month playing PLO or PLO8 before they play NLH.   The potential outdraws in PLO & PLO8 are far more likely in the 4 card game, but the players seem to very quickly understand & adapt to it, & just shrug their shoulders & move on to the next case. Why would they do anythng different? Really, if we can't find a way to cope with outdraws, we should not be playing poker. Of COURSE they hurt a bit, but they will ALWAYS happen, as long as we play, always have, always will. Can you imagine playing poker for 10 years & getting uppity every time you are outdrawn? Not be a lot of fun, that....... We have to learn to deal with it, or we'll get luss fun per poker £.   
    Posted by Tikay10
    AND...  TIKAY...   can you explain why SKY's cards keep dissappearing half way through a game...!

dont you dare say it's my connection.. other players have experienced this too...

it happrns to me every 5-6 games.. play continues as normal..  with hole cards..  but with NO BOARD CARDS..  i have to reload the software and lose half my stack.. clearly NOT a connection issue..

This is TOTALLY UNACCEPTABLE and does not happen on ANY other site...   using the same connection..

Can you fix SKY's issues with Neteller and Skrill, and MISSING BOARD CARDS?

No.............

I didnt think so.....
  • edited December 2014
    tikay is talking sense listen to him . at the end of the day its just bad br management o your behalf. do u not want called by a weaker hand . in the long run you will win more than lose its called variance . look up br on google m8 i think this might help u . and look up variance im not having a go im just saying m8 .

• edited December 2014
    Posted by Tikay10
    Fun per poker £..   I DO NOT play poker for FUN..

Did you make your career in poker to have fun.. or to make money..

I can take a bad beat aswell as the next person, but not in 4-5 games in a row!

I dont put money into Sky so i can "have fun" and lose it...

If i wanted "fun" i would spend the time with a lady friend...

I am happy that even with all of sky's issues, and with all of the "outdraws", my sharkscope graph is positive.. not negative..

This is a testiment to my play, and not to the constant bad beats and miracle rivers dealt out by sky..

If you think that the competitive players on here want to spend money to have fun..  you are deluded..

• edited December 2014
    In Response to Re:!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!..... : Fun per poker £..   I DO NOT play poker for FUN.. Did you make your career in poker to have fun.. or to make money.. I can take a bad beat aswell as the next person, but not in 4-5 games in a row! I dont put money into Sky so i can "have fun" and lose it... If i wanted "fun" i would spend the time with a lady friend... I am happy that even with all of sky's issues, and with all of the "outdraws", my sharkscope graph is positive.. not negative.. This is a testiment to my play, and not to the constant bad beats and miracle rivers dealt out by sky.. If you think that the competitive players on here want to spend money to have fun..  you are deluded..
    Posted by JimRiddle7
    lol you make that sound as if you'll be paying for that aswell....
  • edited December 2014
    tikay is talking sense listen to him . at the end of the day its just bad br management o your behalf. do u not want called by a weaker hand . in the long run you will win more than lose its called variance . look up br on google m8 i think this might help u . and look up variance im not having a go im just saying m8 .
    Posted by reeler
    Mate.. in REAL poker.. this is true..

but what if you get called by a weaker hand 10 times..  and lose nine of them? 

Varience is when you accept to lose a few.. but come out on top in the long run..

tbh.. its got to the point on here where you cant even raise on the button with AJ..

You just know the big blind has AQ..  or someone limped with aces...
  • edited December 2014
    In Response to Re:!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!..... : Mate.. in REAL poker.. this is true.. but what if you get called by a weaker hand 10 times..  and lose nine of them?  Varience is when you accept to lose a few.. but come out on top in the long run.. tbh.. its got to the point on here where you cant even raise on the button with AJ.. You just know the big blind has AQ..  or someone limped with aces...
    Posted by JimRiddle7
    if yer no happy get a new hobby then . yer only crying cause you are a loosing player sorry is that the truth
  • edited December 2014
    In Response to Re:!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!..... : Mate.. in REAL poker.. this is true.. but what if you get called by a weaker hand 10 times..  and lose nine of them?  Varience is when you accept to lose a few.. but come out on top in the long run.. tbh.. its got to the point on here where you cant even raise on the button with AJ.. You just know the big blind has AQ..  or someone limped with aces...
    Posted by JimRiddle7
    How is this Sky's fault?
  • edited December 2014
    In Response to Re:!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!..... : if yer no happy get a new hobby then . yer only crying cause you are a loosing player sorry is that the truth
    Posted by reeler
    Check my sharkscope idiot.. i will be checking yours..
  • edited December 2014
    In Response to Re:!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!..... : How is this Sky's fault?
    Posted by VespaPX
    Because in a real 6 handed game, AJ would be a strong hand, and there wouldnt be strong aces dealt every hand.
  • edited December 2014
    In Response to Re:!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!..... : Because in a real 6 handed game, AJ would be a strong hand, and there wouldnt be strong aces dealt every hand.
    Posted by JimRiddle7
    So you're saying that every time you have AJ someone has AQ,AK,AA ??
    Wow you're really running bad :-)
  • edited December 2014
    In Response to Re:!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!..... : So you're saying that every time you have AJ someone has AQ,AK,AA ?? Wow you're really running bad :-)
    Posted by VespaPX
    Yep, only today, i limp with KK,  both check flop,  i bet pot on turn, i get raised.  Board texture is dry so i shove all in..  opponent has AA....
  • edited December 2014
    You've got sick skillz my lad. Must be rigged, innit?
  • edited December 2014
    In Response to Re:!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!..... : So you're saying that every time you have AJ someone has AQ,AK,AA ?? Wow you're really running bad :-)
    Posted by VespaPX
    Still waiting for tikays response on e-wallets and missing cards....
  • edited December 2014
    In Response to Re:!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!..... : Check my sharkscope idiot.. i will be checking yours..
    Posted by JimRiddle7
    check my sharkscope feel free lol
  • edited December 2014
    by the way sharkscope only lets u know tourneys not cash 
  • edited December 2014
    In Response to Re:!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!..... : Fun per poker £..   I DO NOT play poker for FUN.. Did you make your career in poker to have fun.. or to make money.. I can take a bad beat aswell as the next person, but not in 4-5 games in a row! I dont put money into Sky so i can "have fun" and lose it... If i wanted "fun" i would spend the time with a lady friend... I am happy that even with all of sky's issues, and with all of the "outdraws", my sharkscope graph is positive.. not negative.. This is a testiment to my play, and not to the constant bad beats and miracle rivers dealt out by sky.. If you think that the competitive players on here want to spend money to have fun..  you are deluded..
    Posted by JimRiddle7
    So you planning a career in poker.

You going pro.

GL GL 
  • edited December 2014
    In Response to Re:!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!..... : Tikay, i dont care what you say, you work for the site and youre going to defend it and blame me.. I have played thousands of PLO games, and consider myself a competant player.. so dont be so pretentious.. I have seen things on this site that make me believe it is rigged.. shortstack shoves with 79 off, guarantee the flop is 779.. the other day i was all in with QQ and called by 44... THREE players at the table KNEW the river would be a four.. including myself... How can we predict random outcomes...   easy... theyre not random... I have now signed up to four other poker sites...  your replies give me no confidence with this site.. in addition, sky have been messing me around with skrill and netteller payments, blaming the merchants.. when no other site has issues with them.. I will be phasing out my play on sky... Goodbye...
    Posted by JimRiddle7
    This has been flagged for months and I remember other threads about this
  • edited December 2014
    Posted by JimRiddle7
    Please learn the meaning of this world use a dictionary if needed
  • edited December 2014
    In Response to Re:!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!..... : Yep, only today, i limp with KK,  both check flop,  i bet pot on turn, i get raised.  Board texture is dry so i shove all in..  opponent has AA....
    Posted by JimRiddle7
    So you play a hand awful and its not your fault
  • edited December 2014
    In Response to Re:!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!..... : Because in a real 6 handed game, AJ would be a strong hand, and there wouldnt be strong aces dealt every hand.
    Posted by JimRiddle7

Have you got stats to prove this
  • edited December 2014
    In Response to Re:!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!..... : Have you got stats to prove this
    Posted by day4eire76
    this guy must be a losing player lol
  • edited December 2014
    In Response to Re:!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!..... : So you planning a career in poker. You going pro. GL GL 
    Posted by day4eire76
    Dont get cocky unless you want to compare ROI's..   I see you have yours hidden for some reason ;)
  • edited December 2014
    In Response to Re:!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!..... : Dont get cocky unless you want to compare ROI's..   I see you have yours hidden for some reason ;)
    Posted by JimRiddle7
    Let me know I will unhind them for you : )

• edited December 2014
    In Response to Re:!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!..... : this guy must be a losing player lol
    Posted by reeler

Yeah I am tooo embarrasssed to unlock them

• edited December 2014
    In Response to Re:!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!..... : This has been flagged for months and I remember other threads about this
    Posted by day4eire76
    That doesnt make it correct..  Neteller and Skrill are both big players in the poker industry..  Why cant sky use them?

Are sky saying that BOTH Neteller and Skrill dont know what they are doing?

Or is it sky who cannot process these transactions..?

I think its the latter...