You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.....

Comments

• edited December 2014
    In Response to Re:!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.....:
    In Response to Re:!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!..... : Dont get cocky unless you want to compare ROI's..   I see you have yours hidden for some reason ;)
    Posted by JimRiddle7

lol

• edited December 2014
    In Response to Re:!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!..... : That doesnt make it correct..  Neteller and Skrill are both big players in the poker industry..  Why cant sky use them? Are sky saying that BOTH Neteller and Skrill dont know what they are doing? Or is it sky who cannot process these transactions..? I think its the latter...
    Posted by JimRiddle7
    Why bother with these withdrawls are quicker and transaction free with normal debit cards
  • edited December 2014
    In Response to Re:!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!..... : So you play a hand awful and its not your fault
    Posted by day4eire76
    I never played it badly...  we were both trapping..

It was a cooler, and the result was inevitable whether the chips went in pre or post flop..

Every poker player sees a cooler once in a while..  but with sky its every single game..

The tables are only 6 handed, so why does KK run into AA so often??
  • edited December 2014
    In Response to Re:!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!..... : Let me know I will unhind them for you : )
    Posted by day4eire76
    go ahead then..  you can see mine

if youre a good player, i might take your comments more seriously...
  • edited December 2014
    In Response to Re:!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!..... : Why bother with these withdrawls are quicker and transaction free with normal debit cards
    Posted by day4eire76
    Takes 2 days,  and yeh why bother if you dont want to, but why are sky saying we CANT..
  • edited December 2014
    In Response to Re:!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!..... : I never played it badly...  we were both trapping.. It was a cooler, and the result was inevitable whether the chips went in pre or post flop.. Every poker player sees a cooler once in a while..  but with sky its every single game.. The tables are only 6 handed, so why does KK run into AA so often??
    Posted by JimRiddle7[/QUOT

Its not and you know deep down its not.
    If you think it is just quit.
    If you cant handle the mental side of poker it never ends well.

GL with whatever you do
  • edited December 2014
    In Response to Re:!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!..... : Have you got stats to prove this
    Posted by day4eire76
    Take a random pack of shuffled cards mate..  deal 6 hands and see how many are beating AJ..
  • edited December 2014
    In Response to Re:!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!..... :
    In Response to Re:!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!..... : I never played it badly...  we were both trapping.. It was a cooler, and the result was inevitable whether the chips went in pre or post flop.. Every poker player sees a cooler once in a while..  but with sky its every single game .. The tables are only 6 handed, so why does KK run into AA so often?? Posted by JimRiddle7[/QUOT Its not and you know deep down its not. If you think it is just quit. If you cant handle the mental side of poker it never ends well. GL with whatever you do
    Posted by day4eire76
    you know, i seem to remember you posted a lot of badbeats yourself, but your profile is set to private so i cant check..
  • edited December 2014
    Dont think I ever posted one TBH
  • edited December 2014
    Actually I have never posted a bad beat here ever.

A bad beat I got when playing live was mentioned in a pals diary.

• edited December 2014
    In Response to Re:!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!..... : Fun per poker £..   I DO NOT play poker for FUN.. Did you make your career in poker to have fun.. or to make money.. I can take a bad beat aswell as the next person, but not in 4-5 games in a row! I dont put money into Sky so i can "have fun" and lose it... If i wanted "fun" i would spend the time with a lady friend... I am happy that even with all of sky's issues, and with all of the "outdraws", my sharkscope graph is positive.. not negative.. This is a testiment to my play, and not to the constant bad beats and miracle rivers dealt out by sky.. If you think that the competitive players on here want to spend money to have fun..  you are deluded..
    Posted by JimRiddle7

Why not 4-5 games in a row? There is no limit to how many times you could have back to back bad beats. It can and will happen a lot more than that. Just seems that you don't get probability and probably forget/underestimate your own good fortune...

1) If you get it in AK v AQ and win, just standard, right? Well you won 100% of the pot when you are only due to win 70% of it, that race won is running above EV.

2) Flip a coin ten times. Do it again, and again, probably won't take long before you get 8 heads/tails in a row. Is that rigged? 

3) The odds of making a royal flush are pretty nuts but it'll happen on here multiple times everyday (usually).

4) The odds of winning the lottery are even more insane but someone does it pretty regularly.

5) In the One Drop this year ($1mil BI during WSOP) two people got it in pre with AA v AA and one guy lost.

• edited December 2014
    In Response to Re:!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!..... : Why not 4-5 games in a row? There is no limit to how many times you could have back to back bad beats. It can and will happen a lot more than that. Just seems that you don't get probability and probably forget/underestimate your own good fortune... 1) If you get it in AK v AQ and win, just standard, right? Well you won 100% of the pot when you are only due to win 70% of it, that race won is running above EV. 2) Flip a coin ten times. Do it again, and again, probably won't take long before you get 8 heads/tails in a row. Is that rigged?  3) The odds of making a royal flush are pretty nuts but it'll happen on here multiple times everyday (usually). 4) The odds of winning the lottery are even more insane but someone does it pretty regularly. 5) In the One Drop this year ($1mil BI during WSOP) two people got it in pre with AA v AA and one guy lost.
    Posted by Lambert180
    Yep, i watched the one drop lambert, and saw that beat, and i do know it can happen at any time..

but i also see that on here, the frequency is a lot higher than it should be..

It would be impossible to collect the stats, but i can see trends in flop textures on here where the board cards are almost designed to fit the hole cards of the players that are in the hand..

You must of heard of action flops right..?  Well i'm just wondering if the software generates situations that put us to the test..

As you said, you dont see royal flushes every day in live poker..

If online poker was the same, we might see one a week, or even one per month..  and there could even be a prize for hitting one..

I'm sorry but my brain picks up on trends and curiosities at the tables..  like when i bluffed with 4 high and got called by 9 high and he was right..

no-one can answer this.. but why did he call with 9 high unless he knew he would win??

And the other strange thing is.. when these things happen..  the villian never ever talks in the chat box...

I asked him why he called....  silence...
  • edited December 2014
    In Response to Re:!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!..... : Yep, i watched the one drop lambert, and saw that beat, and i do know it can happen at any time.. but i also see that on here, the frequency is a lot higher than it should be.. It would be impossible to collect the stats, but i can see trends in flop textures on here where the board cards are almost designed to fit the hole cards of the players that are in the hand.. You must of heard of action flops right..?  Well i'm just wondering if the software generates situations that put us to the test.. As you said, you dont see royal flushes every day in live poker.. If online poker was the same, we might see one a week, or even one per month..  and there could even be a prize for hitting one.. I'm sorry but my brain picks up on trends and curiosities at the tables..  like when i bluffed with 4 high and got called by 9 high and he was right.. no-one can answer this.. but why did he call with 9 high unless he knew he would win?? And the other strange thing is.. when these things happen..  the villian never ever talks in the chat box... I asked him why he called....  silence...
    Posted by JimRiddle7
    I gave you an answer, or are you choosing to ignore it?

You played that hand woefully. And it was 6 high, not 4 high.
  • edited December 2014
    Jim Not trying to be funny or anything but i would really love an honest answer to something that never ceases to amaze me about online poker. If you or anyone else have the slightest feeling that the site your playing on is rigged or juiced for action why do you continue playing ? I see amazing outdraws all the time when playing and am on the wrong end of alot of them just like every other player (Divs Dreams, TommyD and Matt Bates included) and yes they sometimes make me stand back and say wtf !  but if i thought for even 1 second that it was rigged or juiced for action i just wouldnt play simple as that and can never understand all the guys who really believe that something untoward is going on and yet sit playing night in and night out ! Hope you get over your demons mate because poker can be a very enjoyable game bad beats and all and if your playing it not for fun like you say but to make a few extra quid you should take a leaf out of the book of the sites big winners because they have just as many badbeats as anyone else but the only thing they do different is put their head down and move on to the next hand. GLGL
    Posted by gran23
    Ok, my HONEST answer....

even though the cards are not random, i understand the game enough that i consistantly make a small profit..

i am not in a position to play live all the time so i have to play online..

if 90% of my decisions at the table are correct, i expect to be winning a lot more than i actually do..

but when the software "allows' a player to win with a junk hand, it eats into the profit i have already made..

i havent stopped playing, because i am not losing, but i am seriously considering moving full time to another site..

See the hand below where i had AA..

I KNEW what the river was going to be BEFORE it fell...........

I swear I wish i could of bet on it because I KNEW......

If it was random, i wouldnt be able to predict the cards..   hope you understand now...

Hand History #852182207 (12:04 22/12/2014)PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalanceMannimoreSmall blind 15.0015.003715.00muggywireBig blind 30.0045.002300.00 Your hole cardshttps://www.skypoker.com/img/site/spade.gif'); text-align: center; padding-bottom: 10px; background-color: #ffffff; margin: 0px 0px 0px 2px; padding-left: 0px; width: 15px; padding-right: 0px; display: block; background-position: 1px 100%; color: #000000; font-size: 0.9em; padding-top: 0px; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; border: #9bc3e5 1px solid" class="spade">Ahttps://www.skypoker.com/img/site/club.gif'); text-align: center; padding-bottom: 10px; background-color: #ffffff; margin: 0px 0px 0px 2px; padding-left: 0px; width: 15px; padding-right: 0px; display: block; background-position: 1px 100%; color: #000000; font-size: 0.9em; padding-top: 0px; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; border: #9bc3e5 1px solid" class="club">A   JimRiddle7All-in 150.00195.000.00hobbit1210Fold    summonerCall 150.00345.001805.00https://www.skypoker.com/img/site/hhdealer.gif'); padding-bottom: 0px; background-color: transparent; margin: 0px; padding-left: 0px; padding-right: 18px; background-position: 100% 100%; padding-top: 0px; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial" class="dealer">herbdFold    MannimoreFold    muggywireFold    JimRiddle7Show
    • https://www.skypoker.com/img/site/spade.gif'); text-align: center; padding-bottom: 10px; background-color: #ffffff; margin: 0px 0px 0px 2px; padding-left: 0px; width: 15px; padding-right: 0px; display: block; background-position: 1px 100%; color: #000000; font-size: 0.9em; padding-top: 0px; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; border: #9bc3e5 1px solid" class="spade">A
    • https://www.skypoker.com/img/site/club.gif'); text-align: center; padding-bottom: 10px; background-color: #ffffff; margin: 0px 0px 0px 2px; padding-left: 0px; width: 15px; padding-right: 0px; display: block; background-position: 1px 100%; color: #000000; font-size: 0.9em; padding-top: 0px; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; border: #9bc3e5 1px solid" class="club">A
       summonerShow
    • https://www.skypoker.com/img/site/diamond.gif'); text-align: center; padding-bottom: 10px; background-color: #ffffff; margin: 0px 0px 0px 2px; padding-left: 0px; width: 15px; padding-right: 0px; display: block; background-position: 1px 100%; color: #dd0000; font-size: 0.9em; padding-top: 0px; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; border: #9bc3e5 1px solid" class="diamond">A
    • https://www.skypoker.com/img/site/diamond.gif'); text-align: center; padding-bottom: 10px; background-color: #ffffff; margin: 0px 0px 0px 2px; padding-left: 0px; width: 15px; padding-right: 0px; display: block; background-position: 1px 100%; color: #dd0000; font-size: 0.9em; padding-top: 0px; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; border: #9bc3e5 1px solid" class="diamond">5
       Flop  
    • https://www.skypoker.com/img/site/club.gif'); text-align: center; padding-bottom: 10px; background-color: #ffffff; margin: 0px 0px 0px 2px; padding-left: 0px; width: 15px; padding-right: 0px; display: block; background-position: 1px 100%; color: #000000; font-size: 0.9em; padding-top: 0px; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; border: #9bc3e5 1px solid" class="club">Q
    • https://www.skypoker.com/img/site/spade.gif'); text-align: center; padding-bottom: 10px; background-color: #ffffff; margin: 0px 0px 0px 2px; padding-left: 0px; width: 15px; padding-right: 0px; display: block; background-position: 1px 100%; color: #000000; font-size: 0.9em; padding-top: 0px; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; border: #9bc3e5 1px solid" class="spade">8
    • https://www.skypoker.com/img/site/heart.gif'); text-align: center; padding-bottom: 10px; background-color: #ffffff; margin: 0px 0px 0px 2px; padding-left: 0px; width: 15px; padding-right: 0px; display: block; background-position: 1px 100%; color: #dd0000; font-size: 0.9em; padding-top: 0px; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; border: #9bc3e5 1px solid" class="heart">7
       Turn  
    • https://www.skypoker.com/img/site/spade.gif'); text-align: center; padding-bottom: 10px; background-color: #ffffff; margin: 0px 0px 0px 2px; padding-left: 0px; width: 15px; padding-right: 0px; display: block; background-position: 1px 100%; color: #000000; font-size: 0.9em; padding-top: 0px; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; border: #9bc3e5 1px solid" class="spade">6
       River  
    • https://www.skypoker.com/img/site/club.gif'); text-align: center; padding-bottom: 10px; background-color: #ffffff; margin: 0px 0px 0px 2px; padding-left: 0px; width: 15px; padding-right: 0px; display: block; background-position: 1px 100%; color: #000000; font-size: 0.9em; padding-top: 0px; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; border: #9bc3e5 1px solid" class="club">9
       summonerWinStraight to the 9345.00 2150.00
  • edited December 2014
    In Response to Re:!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!..... : I gave you an answer, or are you choosing to ignore it? You played that hand woefully. And it was 6 high, not 4 high.
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    Your answer was useless..  why would anyone pay to see MY limping hand..  thats reduculous..

I never see ANYONE calling down that light to see ANYONES limping hand..

I did not play it woefully..   i called with a measily 20 chips to see a flop..

When no one bet the river, i bet 45 chips to take the pot...

now i ask you again..   why did i get called by 9 high..?

you dont know?  well i will tell you..   He/they KNEW they would win..

Its also very curious that these "bad" players NEVER answer in the chat box..

was it even a real person?  over to sharkscope..

• edited December 2014
    In Response to Re:!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!..... : Your answer was useless..  why would anyone pay to see MY limping hand..  thats reduculous.. I never see ANYONE calling down that light to see ANYONES limping hand.. I did not play it woefully..   i called with a measily 20 chips to see a flop.. When no one bet the river, i bet 45 chips to take the pot... now i ask you again..   why did i get called by 9 high..? you dont know?  well i will tell you..   He/they KNEW they would win.. Its also very curious that these "bad" players NEVER answer in the chat box.. was it even a real person?  over to sharkscope..
    Posted by JimRiddle7
    This is brilliant, I love it. Where is top of the posts when you need it?

I was wrong, you played 56s like a champion, literally every street was perfect, and then the bot somehow found an absurd call on the river to scoop the pot and deny our hero.

I think my laptop would have gone out the window in those circumstances above, so the very fact you can still post here is a testament to your mental game, to brush off such harsh beats and mad calls and simply get on with the game.
  • edited December 2014
    Your answer was useless..  why would anyone pay to see MY limping hand..  thats reduculous.. No it's not

I never see ANYONE calling down that light to see ANYONES limping hand.. He didn't call down

I did not play it woefully..   i called with a measily 20 chips to see a flop.. You played it woefully

When no one bet the river, i bet 45 chips to take the pot... and got owned

now i ask you again..   why did i get called by 9 high..? To see your UTG limping range

you dont know?  well i will tell you..   He/they KNEW they would win.. No, see above

Its also very curious that these "bad" players NEVER answer in the chat box.. Perhaps they don't wanna talk to morons?

was it even a real person?  over to sharkscope.. I'm not even sure you're real tbh.
  • edited December 2014
    Your answer was useless..  why would anyone pay to see MY limping hand..  thats reduculous.. No it's not I never see ANYONE calling down that light to see ANYONES limping hand.. He didn't call down I did not play it woefully..   i called with a measily 20 chips to see a flop.. You played it woefully When no one bet the river, i bet 45 chips to take the pot... and got owned now i ask you again..   why did i get called by 9 high..? To see your UTG limping range you dont know?  well i will tell you..   He/they KNEW they would win.. No, see above Its also very curious that these "bad" players NEVER answer in the chat box.. Perhaps they don't wanna talk to morons? was it even a real person?  over to sharkscope.. I'm not even sure you're real tbh.
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    Youre a loon mate..  the player has played 350 games on sky and has lost most of them...

why would he want to know my limping range? ?
  • edited December 2014
    In Response to Re:!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!..... : If he has had 350 games and lost most of them why do you think he knew what you had in the hand you played v him ?  surely if he knew players cards he wouldnt have lost most of the 350 games he has already played would he ? Unless he closed his eyes from time to time just to be fair :) Also i dont get the answer you gave me about why your staying at a site what you think is rigged cos if its just a case of you enjoying playing online then it would make more sense to play somewhere else that isnt rigged ? More profit obv
    Posted by gran23
    My answer is above but it didnt post properly,, look down the left hand side..

I play poker to make money,  and yes,, i am currently signing up with other sites..
  • edited December 2014
    Jim try the £2.20 @2.20 deepstack, no bots or bad beats allowed.
    All the best
    Rainman397
  • edited December 2014
    Jim try the £2.20 @2.20 deepstack, no bots or bad beats allowed. All the best Rainman397
    Posted by rainman397
    lol, thanks rainman..

I know the deepstack tournies run better because the blinds are slower compared to stacksize...

I know i'm pointing out some controversial stuff.. and getting a lot of stick for it..

But i'm not daft..  i can see which hands are rigged and which ones arent..

Probably best just to move to another site..
  • edited December 2014
    In Response to Re:!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!..... : lol, thanks rainman.. I know the deepstack tournies run better because the blinds are slower compared to stacksize... I know i'm pointing out some controversial stuff.. and getting a lot of stick for it.. But i'm not daft..  i can see which hands are rigged and which ones arent.. Probably best just to move to another site..
    Posted by JimRiddle7
    Good luck elsewhere.

I think you're gonna need it.
  • edited December 2014
    By moving to another site are you saying only Sky Poker is rigged.In Response to Re:!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.....:
    In Response to Re:!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!..... : lol, thanks rainman.. I know the deepstack tournies run better because the blinds are slower compared to stacksize... I know i'm pointing out some controversial stuff.. and getting a lot of stick for it.. But i'm not daft..  i can see which hands are rigged and which ones arent.. Probably best just to move to another site..
    Posted by JimRiddle7
  • edited December 2014
    1. You're not predicting run-outs, you're only predicting that "something odd" will happen.

2. Your definition of "something odd" seems very broad, inluding when bad, losing players make bad calls, when the best hand wins (KK v A5) and when the worst hand wins (AJ v AK).

3. Many of these things are not uncommon at all. The run-out for the A5 v KK hand may seem odd to you, but you would have found it equally odd if the run-out had been AA5XK, AAXXK, AA5KK, KKAAA, and a whole host of others. Given the vast number of run-outs you would find unusual, it's very likely that you will see them regularly.

4. You are viewing things with the preconception that you are correct, and therefore see any of these "odd" occurences as being confirmation of your point of view and any run-outs which fall outside of your theory as the exception to the rule - It's called CONFIRMATION BIAS.

5. You do not understand variance as well as you think you do. The sample sizes you are using to justify your assertions are far below anything that could have any statistical relevance. Talk in tens of thousands, then you will have a smidge more credibility... though still nobody will agree with you without producing evidence verified by multiple independent and credible auditors. Clearly, you won't be able to do that unless you're a man of considerable resources. Nor should you try to because it would be a very tedious exercise.

6. You really did play some of the hands you've posted in a questionable manner, and you provided little or no information on your opponents to explain or justify your decision making. The AK hand is a good example - In a vacuum, 3-bet shoving for 2k over a 40 chip open-raise is just really bad. Ivanovic may have offered a plausible scenario which justified your decision, but he was speaking in hypotheticals not based on any information you had offered him.

You keep justifying your arguments with the point that "I'm a winning player so I must know what I'm talking about". Being a winning player doesn't mean you understand everything. Nor does beating some of the lowest stakes games on the site aid your argument in any way. If your argument was sound, people would agree with you on the basis of that argument alone.

You've been quite unpleasant in this thread to some people who really deserve a lot better. Make your point in a courteous manner and people will have more respect for you, even if they think your point is nonsense.
  • edited December 2014
    Posted by JimRiddle7
    Do you wear a purple track suit?
    Are you related to a former goalkeeper turned sports presenter?
  • edited December 2014
    In Response to Re:!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!..... : Your answer was useless..  why would anyone pay to see MY limping hand..  thats reduculous.. I never see ANYONE calling down that light to see ANYONES limping hand.. I did not play it woefully..   i called with a measily 20 chips to see a flop.. When no one bet the river, i bet 45 chips to take the pot... now i ask you again..   why did i get called by 9 high..? you dont know?  well i will tell you..   He/they KNEW they would win.. Its also very curious that these "bad" players NEVER answer in the chat box.. was it even a real person?  over to sharkscope..
    Posted by JimRiddle7
    Bit confused, one minute you suggest it isn't a real person then you state it is a losing player. Are you suggesting a losing fake player has been set up?

• edited December 2014
    Think its time to give up the game if you can't beat a fake losing player ;)
  • edited December 2014
    Love that last post H ! That would be a Top of The Posts Winning Putdown for me!
  • edited December 2014
    Hahahahaha what a moronic point of view from an unrecreational, non pro, profit making, terrible decision making player.

The answer is in his name, it's all a riddle, he hasn't worked out who he is himself yet so no wonder he does not understand poker.
  • edited December 2014
    Ive sat with you a few times recently and watched you play and some of your play is laughable (even to me a losing player) i wouldn't want to go into specifics in open chat as i dont like to discuss it but if u want to pm me id be happy to give you some examples, your obviously a winning player judging by your scope stats but your also obviously on some kind of long term tilt. Maybe just a break or something would help you?