You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Last night's issues.....

2»

Comments

• edited December 2014
    I do understand problems but i can see in my history i been raised on blindes by two other players to time i ended without chips in 5,0 BH at 20:30. So seems some people played during others cant even response. Then sky payed them for better places. Thats unfair ...
  • edited December 2014
    I'm not stupid, I made sure I was knocked out of the Christmas Cracker loooooooong before all this trouble.

Seriously, I hope everyone gets an outcome they are satisfied with.

And thanks to Tikay for sticking his head above the parapet when he didn't have to.
  • edited December 2014
    I am sure a lot of people were affected by what happened last night and I understand that people may feel frustrated by it, as I was. I am also sure that not everybody will be satisfied with whatever final solution Sky come up with. However, I do despair at the people who have always got to blame somebody when something affects them, even when it is identified that the situation was unavoidable and on the face of it there is nobody to blame. I appreciate that there have not been too many complaints on the thread, I think there would have been a lot more had Tikay not taken the initiative. I believe it is a credit to Sky to come up with an initial solution so quickly and I think we should all recognise that. We should also acknowledge Tikay's involvement in this and many other situations, he really has been and continues to be a "players" champion.

I wish I had a pound for every time I experienced a computer system "failure" in my business life, I would be playing the high stakes tables:) Unforunately it happens, so we learn from it and move on!

Merry Xmas to all

• edited December 2014
    In Response to Re: Last night's issues.....:
    In Response to Re: Last night's issues..... : Celebrate Xmas? Well as it happens, I will be having a Fray Bentos jobbie for dinner tomorrow, & I shall enjoy it muchly. But, starting later tomorrow, I'm actually having a REAL Christmas this year, tree with lights, silly hat, turkey dinner, everything. Be the first time I've celebrated Xmas properly since around 1970 as it happens. Not entirely my choice, but I'm going to try & enjoy it. The worm is turning, as the old clock ticks on.        
    Posted by Tikay10
    Must be someone special! Have a good one & enjoy. Thanks for all you've done for Sky Poker in 2014.
    Now ditch that Fray Bentos muck, you can do so much better! haha ..
  • edited December 2014
    I Celebrate Xmas? Well as it happens, I will be having a Fray Bentos jobbie for dinner tomorrow, & I shall enjoy it muchly. But, starting later tomorrow, I'm actually having a REAL Christmas this year, tree with lights, silly hat, turkey dinner, everything. Be the first time I've celebrated Xmas properly since around 1970 as it happens. Not entirely my choice, but I'm going to try & enjoy it. The worm is turning, as the old clock ticks on.  Happy Xmas to you, too.        
    Posted by Tikay10
    Ok ok enuf of the teasing....Who is she?   Have a great time & if you're not on the plo8 tables tomoz nite well we'll know why.  ;-))
  • edited December 2014
    In Response to Last night's issues.....:
    Good morning. As many of you know, there was an outage last night, which affected many players. I don't have the authority to issue an official statement, & I'd get a good slap if I tried to.   However, I don't know if any Senior Managers, with the authority to explain it all, are around today, being Xmas Eve & all that. So, because I think "it's good to talk", a few things. For many, it happened at the nut worst time, 10.30pm on one of the busiest evenings of the year, at a time when many MTT's were coming to a climax. Not exactly good news for the site, either, so nobody would have been exactly best pleased. I do know that the Suits were on the " how do we settle everyone as fairly as possible " case immediately.  Can everyone be satisfied? Unlikely. Every player left in every MTT has the right to think they would have won it, some more than others of course. But they don't know, nor does anyone.   They do have " Settlement Rules for Voided MTT's " which form the basis of how they settle things. Nobody likes those T & C's, but they are what they are.  If anyone thinks they have been badly done by in how they were settled, please contact Customer Care & explain the situation. That does not mean you'll get more, but they WILL consider each case on as fair a basis as is reasonably possible. Please note, nobody can settle these things via the Community, only Customer Care.  Someone suggested it would have been better to wait until this morning to settle the Voided MTT's. Maybe, maybe not. The prob with that is folks demand their winnings as soon as the MTT ends.  In these spots, it's hard to please all those who were in position to win an MTT.  I was closely following the Ch 861 Xmas Cracker thing, & it's hard not to feel sympathy for those on the Final Table, especially the Chippie. But the others all felt the same, obv.  For the record, & of course Sky Poker have to accept responsibility for everything, the outage was not confined to Sky Poker, it was across ALL of the SB&G sites.   It was not caused by an internal software fault, coding error, or anything else Sky Poker or SB&G had any control over - it was upstream of the site, & would have taken ANY site down, including far bigger & better sites than this one. Anyway, in the possible absence of the Big Suits today, & because it's good to try & explain things, I hope that helps your understanding of the situation. Which won't pay any bills, of course, but I hope it helps.    
    Posted by Tikay10
    iam totally totally satisfied with the way sky dealt with it, and thans tk for the explanation. i got my money back and thats all that mattes  to me.thank you.
  • edited December 2014
    As most of you know most tourneys were settled straight away by the format used by Sky. A few people were not happy but I would expect that most were satisfied with the outcome, given the situation.

I had an issue with how one was settled and emailed Customer Care. To their great credit they responded and sorted it out almost immediately on Christmas Eve!

The level of service I have experienced, not just this time but on the small number of other times I have had to contact CC, has been excellent. That and the legend that is Tikay, are the main reasons I play on Sky and will continue to do so.

So Customer Care have a great Christmas and a splendid New Year, you do a great job.
  • edited December 2014
    In Response to Re: Last night's issues..... : I would judge that as exceptionally unlikely, given the nature of the problem, it'd be like lightning striking twice. I am not aware that last night's specific problem has ever happened here before, although, to players, an outage is an outage, no matter what the cause. If you are worried, however, my advice would be to give it a miss until you feel more confident.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Never tempt fate(poker gods).
  • edited December 2014
    In Response to Re: Last night's issues..... : Never tempt fate(poker gods).
    Posted by belsibub
    Spoke too soon
  • edited December 2014
    Anyone else having problems today? I got booted from the software due to an update error, it wouldn't work for an hour - finally made it back in and there only 300 or so players online at 3pm.
  • edited December 2014
    Update seems like there was a general problem as the number of players has jumped back up by almost 100 in the last twenty minutes.
  • edited December 2014

I dont have any official news, but a punting friend of mine said he was having trouble logging in, & Sky Bet Tweeted this an hour ago, which again suggests a SB&G wide issue.

"We are experiencing technical issues on site & app. We are very sorry for the inconvenience & are working hard to fix the issues asap"
    Sorry I can't assist further.
  • edited December 2014
    How on earth am I expected to grind my way to 25 points with Sky down? Oh the trauma
  • edited December 2014
    Problems trying to get into Sky Bet to place a bet on the King George. Cost me a few quid to as I fancied the favourite to repeat.
  • edited December 2014
    There are times when I find all this a bit confusing..... LIKE RIGHT NOW!!!

Was playing a 300bh when todays issue started, pretty obvious something was  up as two players with big stacks suddenly disappear, then another...... then mine freezes.... ok not gonna get my a..e in my hands over it so contact sky on the phone and yes we are aware of it, it started between 1pm  and twenty past..... we will do the same as before so not to worry. That's fine, off I trudge to the shops, when I get back I try again to log in and up it pop's.... in my account there's a few extra quid... great I think and I pull the lobby up to see what the outcome was and........ hold on a damn minute  they are playing the final table!!!!!!

There are guys who had s..g all chips when it crashed playing the final table!!!!

Lets just recap the time  line on this....

ACCORDING TO SKY THE ISSUE STARTED BETWEEN 1PM AND 1.20PM

I CONTACTED THEM AT 2.30PM 20 MINUTES AFTER MINE CRASHED 3 PEOPLE ON THE TABLE HAD ALREADY BEEN DISCONNECTED

I LOG BACK IN AT 15.30PM AND THEY ARE PLAYING THE FINAL TABLE...

I'm at a loss to understand how sky can let this game run for two hours so people who had no chips have been just sit there taking chips off people who are disconnected and end up on the final table!!!!! Come on guys what's that about?
  • edited December 2014
    Problems trying to get into Sky Bet to place a bet on the King George. Cost me a few quid to as I fancied the favourite to repeat.
    Posted by FCHD
    Because there are no other betting sites?
  • edited December 2014
    Yes, but I don't have any accounts with any other sites.

• edited December 2014
    These issues are obv affecting the whole industry. I've just read that the DTD site on Ipoker had severe issues last night, and are giving refunds etc, and I couldn't log on to Paddy Power yesterday afternoon. 

Then there's the X-Box/Playstation issues too...

Those North Koreans have been very busy. 
  • edited December 2014
    Yes, but I don't have any accounts with any other sites.
    Posted by FCHD
    Open one.

Or even better, open accounts with all the major sites and clean up on the new account bonuses.
  • edited December 2014
    These issues are obv affecting the whole industry. I've just read that the DTD site on Ipoker had severe issues last night, and are giving refunds etc, and I couldn't log on to Paddy Power yesterday afternoon.  Then there's the X-Box/Playstation issues too... Those North Koreans have been very busy. 
    Posted by joesman1
    Hi Neil

Yeah, there were issues galore right across the web yesterday, DTD, PP & many others were affected.

X-Box has been intermittently unavailable for best part of 48 hours, I gather.

I'm really interested in the psychology of internet users, (me included, lol) so I went onto one of those X-Box Gaming Forums. Sheesh, there were murders going off. Think there are 48 million registered X-Box users on Microsoft, so you can imagine the noise they were making.

You should have had a good day punting though - 5 out of 6 jollies got home at Kempton, & 15 of the top 18 "Best Backed" Football matches went the way of the jollies. Interesting day, one way & another......

Those poor folks trying to get to or from Kings Cross are having a tough time, too, & people got stranded overnight in the snow in Yorkshire.

The different ways we all deal with varying levels of adversity is such a fascinating topic.
  • edited December 2014
    Had problems registering and with auto top up today but the problems seem irregular and temporary. Anyone else?

Looking forward to UKOPS.
  • edited December 2014
    Had problems registering and with auto top up today but the problems seem irregular and temporary. Anyone else? Looking forward to UKOPS.
    Posted by jimb0d1
    Had problems with every game I've tried to reg for this morning, keeps timing out, takes two or three attempts before I'm able to register which is a new one not a problem I've had before..........
  • edited December 2014
    In Response to Re: Last night's issues..... : Hi Neil Yeah, there were issues galore right across the web yesterday, DTD, PP & many others were affected. X-Box has been intermittently unavailable for best part of 48 hours, I gather. I'm really interested in the psychology of internet users, (me included, lol) so I went onto one of those X-Box Gaming Forums. Sheesh, there were murders going off. Think there are 48 million registered X-Box users on Microsoft, so you can imagine the noise they were making. You should have had a good day punting though - 5 out of 6 jollies got home at Kempton, & 15 of the top 18 "Best Backed" Football matches went the way of the jollies. Interesting day, one way & another...... Those poor folks trying to get to or from Kings Cross are having a tough time, too, & people got stranded overnight in the snow in Yorkshire.   The different ways we all deal with varying levels of adversity is such a fascinating topic.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Howdy Tikay

Seasonal greetings.... Nah, I think I'm the only punter who lost yesterday. Everton 'did me' in one footy bet. Watford in another. Wasn't keen on the King George fav. Instead I'd had several ew bets on Champagne Fever the past few weeks, and like all ew bets, finished 4th. 

Need one of Venetia Williams's pair to win today's National to make up for it. I actually prefer her outsider (on ew @ 40/1)

• edited December 2014
    In Response to Re: Last night's issues..... : Howdy Tikay Seasonal greetings.... Nah, I think I'm the only punter who lost yesterday. Everton 'did me' in one footy bet. Watford in another. Wasn't keen on the King George fav. Instead I'd had several ew bets on Champagne Fever the past few weeks, and like all ew bets, finished 4th.  Need one of Venetia Williams's pair to win today's National to make up for it. I actually prefer her outsider (on ew @ 40/1)
    Posted by joesman1
    Week saved, nice 16/1 touch. 
  • edited December 2014
    fair comment