You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

UKOPS X11 Day 2 on SkyPokerTV, live on 861 and online with Ross Jarvis and Fowler 7pm ***official sh

edited December 2014 in Poker Chat
Hi,
     I have a Q for Ross tonight. When playing in a low level tournament, I have seen players go all-in, pre-flop, when on the button. If the blinds fold, they win 35 chips, for a bet of around 2000. Worst case, one of the blinds may have a good hand and call them. Is this poker suicide ? If they do have a great hand (AA, KK or AK suited), surely trying to get money in the pot, betting the streets, would be a better strategy?

Bench.

Comments

• edited December 2014
    Well hello again!!

Well done to everyone who cashed yesterday. I hope you got off to a great UKOPS start, Kimpet certainly did!! Well played sir. NYE drinks will be on you I suspect!

Tonight, Ross Jarvis joins me in the studio to disect your play starting off with the High Roller final table yesterday where we see Kimpet bag just under £11,000.  Then we will be looking at the 40k GTD freezout Main Event, check out the satellites in the lobby, and let us know if you get in for cheap!

So as we look forward to 2015, lets get some poker predictions/resolutions out there, but before we do, it's always good to be grateful for what we have so.....

What were you grateful for in 2014?
    Your hopes/pokerpredictions/resolutions for 2015?

Complete this sentence: 2015 will be the year of the #.........

As always prizes to be won on the show for your contributions

skyopen@bskyb.com
    #skypokertv

If any of you are new to the site, maybe signed up just for UKOPS let us know, and we will look out for you.

A reminder of what is on offer for you tonight:
    www.skypoker.com/img/cms/ukops-dec14-day2.png" alt="undefined" title="undefined" />

Run well, enjoy the show

loads love

Fowles xx

• edited December 2014
    Hi Anna and Ross

What was I grateful for in 2014?

The seat that you awarded me as a prize for my limerick last week

What are my hopes for 2015?

Receiving the seat you awarded me for my limerick last week

My new year resolutions?

No mad all in bluffs
    No Donking
    No playing poker drunk
    and all the ones I broke from last year

• edited December 2014
    No last longer competition tonight?
  • edited December 2014
    Complete this sentence: 2015 will be the year of the #.........

Publication of the Anna Fowler Wish list!
  • edited December 2014
    Have a good show peeps.
    2015 will be the year of the #.........
    when people will be fined when they use more than ONE # in a tweet!  ;-))
    xx
  • edited December 2014
    I am still having to console Harvey my puppy, he wants to know why he didn't win a prize, he is not cute?
  • edited December 2014
    In Response to Re: UKOPS X11 Day 2 on SkyPokerTV, live on 861 and online with Ross Jarvis and Fowler 7pm ***official show thread****:
    I am still having to console Harvey my puppy, he wants to know why he didn't win a prize, he is not cute?
    Posted by Sir-Gary
    YOu're lucky!  I was a shoo-in for a prize.  IT was even kitten related!!  sigh.
  • edited December 2014
    Good evening Mrs Fowler and Mr Jarvis.
    I was grateful in 2014 for having the opportunity to play against some of the top players on Sky Poker, in the £2.20 @2.20 Deepstack.
    All the best.
    Rainman397.
    P,S MISSING THE GLASSES AGAIN MRS FOWLER.
  • edited December 2014
    ALL IN TOURNAMENT
    AS IT WAS DECIDED POKER WAS 90% LUCK AND THE RAKE ON A ALL-IN TOURNAMENT IS ABOUT 7%, YOU ARE BETTER OFF IN AN ALL-IN TOURNAMENT THAN ACTUALLY PLAYING
  • edited December 2014

Tash-hag, where elderly women, with facial hair, start riding broomsticks.
  • edited December 2014
    Your hopes/pokerpredictions/resolutions for 2015?

To play@win  the 2:20 @ 2:20 on my first attempt & join the VERY exclusive club of ONE.
    Rich Orford being the only other member.

• edited December 2014
    Hi guys, pleasure as always to see you on our screen. Anna for her beauty, and Ross for his bright demeanor. I dont think I could ever envisage Ross in a bad mood. 

Im grateful for another profitable year and my resolution for 2015 is to put more effort off the tables to improve my game and go for a Main event Final Table.

As for predictions? I think I will gor for our very own Ryan Spittles to take down a major live MTT title. (hastag - kind find it on my keyboard lol)GoRyan
  • edited December 2014
    Hi Guys, good to see you both on. Where's another funky jumper Jarvs? Surely you can top the ski effort.

2015 will be the year of the # when clothes shops decide that we are not all one direction esq and want normal fitting clothes (not spray on jeans - and yes that is a type of jeans apparently!) Shame that a 27 year old needs to think like that!! haha
  • edited December 2014
    What would I spend the £10000 on? lets face it we know it's poker don't we
  • edited December 2014
    In Response to Re: UKOPS X11 Day 2 on SkyPokerTV, live on 861 and online with Ross Jarvis and Fowler 7pm ***official show thread****:
    Your hopes/pokerpredictions/resolutions for 2015? To play@win  the 2:20 @ 2:20  on my first attempt & join the VERY exclusive club of ONE. Rich Orford being the only other member.
    Posted by Glenelg

Cough there is at least 1 other member of that club already
  • edited December 2014
    What was I grateful for in 2014?
    Well poker wise I went all the way theough the satalite route from the lowest level to qualifying for the UKPC, the UKPC 6 MAX, and the Punta Cana. None of these would I have done otherwise.Obviously this was incredibly lucky, I can only hope to do the same again next year
  • edited December 2014
    Thanks for the seat into tonights mini as a prize from last night's show, but, on the second hand....

Went all in with Kings, up against Queens and a Queen came on the Turn. Exit FCHD stage left, and filling my seat on the table, one Laura C!
  • edited December 2014
    Complete this sentence: 2015 will be the year of the # Increased Tariff, and the £2.20 @ 2.20 will become the £2.40 @ 2.40 and confuse the hell out of Rainman lol
  • edited December 2014
    In Response to Re: UKOPS X11 Day 2 on SkyPokerTV, live on 861 and online with Ross Jarvis and Fowler 7pm ***official show thread**** : Cough there is at least 1 other member of that club already
    Posted by Phantom66
    I won't bother then!  ;-)))))
  • edited December 2014
    Anna - you wanted another limerick...

Ross's shirt tonight is principally beige
    How did that get past the people backstage?
    You'd think he'd be smarter
    But that's prob'ly a non-starter
    When he's only being paid minimum wage!
  • edited December 2014
    Hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

Nothing interesting to contribute but wanted you to know you're not talking to yourselves.

Can I have a prize if I promise not to post any of my exit hands from tonights games?
  • edited December 2014
    This aint the main event, it's the £22 UKOPS BH but thought I'd send it in for a comedy/crazy hand. Can't remember the last time I saw so many stacks go in on the flop

Hand History #854662810 (21:16 28/12/2014)

• edited December 2014
    see you could have left tikay rambling on and gone home to play poker:)
  • edited December 2014
    HI Guys,

Think most folk are VERY busy tonite! It UKOPS and lotts of tables to play! 

BTW if I dont get a prize tonite I'm.... well not really boffered! 

• edited December 2014
    Hey Anna and Ross, sounds like you are feeling a bit lonely!  I am watching the show but not playing in the main as its a bit steep for me - playing a few dyms instead.

My resolution for 2015 is to have a month when I earn over the magical 3000 poker points.  I'm not sure which month yet as it'll have to be one where I don't have much else going on!

Oh and my non poker resolution is to get a first in my degree - finals in June and I need to work very hard and be one of those boring people you were talking about!  Not sure whether these resolutions go very well together...
  • edited December 2014

Evening Anna and Ross, hate to see a lady and a fellow Ross flsutered on live TV so thought I'd say hi. What I'm grateful for in 2014 is the help and advice from some good friends who've helped my game kick on in last 6 months.  So the obvious and boring answer for 2015 goals is to keep improving, keep winning and keep enjoying the game and the great friends its given me.
  • edited December 2014
    Hi Anna and Ross. 2015 will be the year of the #failednewyearspokerresolutionsagain

Every year I say I'm going to try to satellite into a big live tourney, watch poker training vids and read poker books. Never happens and I expect next year I'll start with gd intentions.
    Regards,
    Mohican. 
  • edited December 2014
    2015 will be the year of the #Pre-flop 8 bet bluff.

You read it here first.
  • edited December 2014
    Good evening Anna and Ross.

Can you remind me to put the recycling bin out just before you go off air tonight? Thanks. :-)

Things I was grateful for in 2014:

My poker profits were disappointing... but they were profits.

That X Men movie was good, wasn't it?

Plans for 2015:

Mend fences with someone important... a girl someone. She currently hates me but I'm hopeful. :-/

Make less disappointing poker profits.

2015 will be the year of the...

#GrownMenInBonnets

Well, we can hope.

Not a very good message, I know. You were whinging, though, so I rushed it.
  • edited December 2014