You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

UKOPS NIGHT 3 LIVE TONIGHT 7PM ON SKY POKER TV- with Rich and Stu ****the show thread***

2»

Comments

• edited December 2014
    gg ul Alan Irvine
  • edited December 2014
    By the way in answer to Stu's comment, If you fold and see you would have hit. It is unlikely that those are the cards that would have come down had you called, as the players actions are also included in the factorisation by the RNG
  • edited December 2014
    Good evening gents... Hope you are both well and had a good Xmas. I was playing live last night and in the space of 30 minutes I had trips on two occasions, and on both occasions my opponent hit the wonderful house on the river with his pocket pair. Any advice on how to play in those situations cause they can be very costly. When I analysed my own performance I did feel that I slow played trips too much which then backfired lol cheers guys. 
  • edited December 2014
     Bit of a frustrating one again tonight due to a self-inflicted injury. Just before my bust-out hand I looked up at the screen to see it was just me and the guy on my left. Thinking it was blind on blind I shoved the 10d3d and then I suddenly realised I was the sole big blind (the small blind went on the hand before). I was shoving on an under the gun raiser with 10d3d and he didn't have a stack he could fold 44 with.

So Stu, no I didn't get blinded down, I just stupidly gave away half my stack.

Have sacked a minor member of staff to cheer myself up.
  • edited December 2014
    Good evening guys,
      lovin the show.Lots of coolers etc,
    An aunt for the USA just me a pair of jeans today.I told her my measurements w36 leg 32 black .Great!!!!!!!!!!except she sent "Comfort Fit"The only thing they touch is my waist.............................I,m sending them to you Rich ..........your red/green xmas jacket ,these jeans and a red nose ! Hell of a fancy dress lol
        Nota bad trade for a BH invite     lol
  • edited December 2014
    Richard, I'm such a nice guy that tomorrow, assuming you play the main event, I'll rail you the whole way.

Good news?

(Did I just get a spot prize for "gg ul Alan Irvine"? Best thing West Brom have ever given the world, in my opinion)
  • edited December 2014
    In Response to Re: UKOPS NIGHT 3 LIVE TONIGHT 7PM ON SKY POKER TV- with Rich and Stu ****the show thread***:
     Bit of a frustrating one again tonight due to a self-inflicted injury. Just before my bust-out hand I looked up at the screen to see it was just me and the guy on my left. Thinking it was blind on blind I shoved the 10d3d and then I suddenly realised I was the sole big blind (the small blind went on the hand before). I was shoving on an under the gun raiser with 10d3d and he didn't have a stack he could fold 44 with.  So Stu, no I didn't get blinded down, I just stupidly gave away half my stack.  Have sacked a minor member of staff to cheer myself up.
    Posted by NChanning
    Done that myself a fair few times haha.... not so much recently though, been stung too often. 

Was a frustrating but profitable day of UKOPs for me. I won 1 MTT and came 3rd in one - unfortunately, none of them UKOPs. 

Started off with the PLO which was a disaster!! UKOPs deep I had a nice start and found myself 4/24th a good while later. That was as good as it got though - opened 8hTh in the CO. BTN who just by a smidgen covers me flats. Flop is T96 with 2 hearts. I c/r it and end up GII vs a set of sixes. Hit an 8 OTT to give me a few more outs but river bricked and that was me done!!

Having had 2 bad main events up till now I was undecided about playing tonight... didn't really fancy stumping up a potential 3 BI's of £55 each. Decided to just go for it with just the 1 bullet (and add on if I made it) - had a great start, got up to 13k fairly quickly. Then picked up AA and coolered someone with KK - that is, until the river king came. Back down to 8k... plodded along then until the addon came about. I proceeded to lose my addon in double quick time! Managed to hang on in there and eventually double up. Then had a hand shown on TV!! Had 88 and called off 3 streets against a bluff to take me up to 140k. Bubble seemed to take forever to come about (it was 30 left for a while) I got up to 200k but lost a few pots and then lost a flip to take me back down to 100k. Made a re-4bet steal on the bubble to take me up to 140k again but then lost it back to the same player. Exit hand was yuk.... BTN opens, SB 3-bets. I know he can do this wide but after doing so the previous orbit I should know he prob has a hand this time... (previously I cold 4-bet 78o and got it through!!) ... I end up jamming KQo. meh. I hated it at the time but if I got it through like all my other moves then I'd be loving it. He had AK and flopped the A.... gg.

+£450ish or so on the day. But my attempt to win the UKPC seat very unlikely now!!