You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Rainman's £2.20 @ 2.20? FREE UKOPS ENTRY UP FOR GRABS?

edited December 2014 in Poker Chat

I'll be playing Rainman's £2.20 @ 2.20 today, alongside the £22 Omaha @ 2pm.

If - & only if - Rainman's MTT gets 100 or more runners, whoever busts me in Rainman's £2.20 @ 2.20 will get FREE ENTRY into tomorrow's "UKOPS DEEP" Warm Up MTT @ 4pm, which has an £11 entry.

Good luck!

Comments

• edited December 2014

I ought to manage top 3 based on curent field size......

tikay15000
    dojydav15000
    The_Angler5000
  • edited December 2014

Groan. Can't get rid of that woman.

She's only entered to spite me.  

tikay15000
    dojydav15000
    The_Angler5000
    RLT165000
    Macacgirl15000
  • edited December 2014
    In Response to Re: Rainman's £2.20 @ 2.20? FREE UKOPS ENTRY UP FOR GRABS?:
    Groan. Can't get rid of that woman.   She's only entered to spite me.   tikay1 5000 dojydav1 5000 The_Angler 5000 RLT16 5000 Macacgirl1 5000
    Posted by Tikay10
    Well you did ask me to spread the word !
  • edited December 2014
    couldnt resist, the oppurtunity to be sat with tikay and talk about buses and bridges is surely worth the £2.20 entry fee alone ;)
  • edited December 2014
    In, like that Errol guy.
  • edited December 2014
    I'd like to play...but mainly to participate in some chat!! Unfortunately I use classic view which has no chat option.. what to do?!
  • edited December 2014
    Good afternoon Sir Tikay.
    Thank you for taking time to participate, just made it back from work.
    All the best.
    Rainman397.
    p.s looks like a strong field..In Response to Rainman's £2.20 @ 2.20? FREE UKOPS ENTRY UP FOR GRABS?:
    I'll be playing Rainman's £2.20 @ 2.20 today, alongside the £22 Omaha @ 2pm.   If - & only if - Rainman's MTT gets 100 or more runners, whoever busts me in Rainman's £2.20 @ 2.20 will get FREE ENTRY into tomorrow's "UKOPS DEEP" Warm Up MTT @ 4pm, which has an £11 entry.   Good luck!  
    Posted by Tikay10
  • edited December 2014
    Just got in, hoping to play this and the Omaha UKOPS - no late reg for the £2.20 (or if there was it was less than 12 minutes) and the UKOPS has changed from £11 to £22. Oh well, have to find something else to do with my time.
  • edited December 2014

Shocking scenes over on the FT of the 2.20@2.20 (not for orford's eyes!)

tikay199660  cobyjoe92365  bonzai5284037.50  Shanes267162.50  Talon16775
  • edited December 2014
    Sly work by tikay!!
  • edited December 2014
    Anyone know how to find out the result?

• edited December 2014
    Anyone know how to find out the result?
    Posted by CraigSG1
    Shanes2 won it, cobyjoe was 2nd, then me 3rd, bonzai 4th & Talon 5th. 

The winner thoroughly deserved his win, he played the best poker. He busted me when I raised into him with a big hand, & he had a biggerer hand. 

Really enjoyable afternoon, that.  
  • edited December 2014
    In Response to Re: Rainman's £2.20 @ 2.20? FREE UKOPS ENTRY UP FOR GRABS? : Shanes2 won it, cobyjoe was 2nd, then me 3rd, bonzai 4th & Talon 5th.  The winner thoroughly deserved his win, he played the best poker. He busted me when I raised into him with a big hand, & he had a biggerer hand.  Really enjoyable afternoon, that.  
    Posted by Tikay10
    Very enjoyable afternoon of poker, glad you took part.
  • edited December 2014
    I loved playing it!
    What a brilliant structure, deep stacked and 12 minute blinds and all for just a couple of pounds!

I wish the two hands I played against TK could have been recorded somehow! Let's just say we threw our brains away for two hands to have fun.  Anyone watching who wasn't aware of our PLO8 daftness, must have thought we'd gone mad.

Well done rainman for promoting the thing, I'll defo play again.
  • edited December 2014
    I loved playing it! What a brilliant structure, deep stacked and 12 minute blinds and all for just a couple of pounds! I wish the two hands I played against TK could have been recorded somehow! Let's just say we threw our brains away for two hands to have fun.  Anyone watching who wasn't aware of our PLO8 daftness, must have thought we'd gone mad. Well done rainman for promoting the thing, I'll defo play again.
    Posted by Macacgirl1
    Amen to that.

I made it known in the ChatBox before the hands were dealt, two or 3 hands earlier in fact, that if it was walked to Macac in the SB, & she shoved, (I knew she would) I would call blind in the BB.

I was rather hoping someone would limp in, or raise before it got to Macac, but they all folded, sigh.

I don't recall the exact hands, but they were something like...

Macac shoves, I call "blind" as promised. I did not like my call much, until I saw her hand......

Maca 4-2

Me - 5-7

I doubled up.

An orbit later, same thing, Maca 5-3, me 6-2. I busted her......

It''s what poker's about, eh, having a bit of fun?

I would not have done this if anyone else was in the hand, that'd be a tad naughty. 

Tremendous fun, & after that, I settled down & (tried to) play it properly, & win the thing. 

Incred fun for £2.20.  
  • edited December 2014

I did promise an £11 Free Entry into todays UKOPS Deep Stack Warm Up @ 2pm IF yesterday's £2.20 @ 2.20 got 100 runners, but it fell way short, & only got about 76 or so.

I can't really award the Prize on that basis, as if I make an exception here, people will expect it every time, so no prize I'm afraid.

So......

If Rainman appears on this thread in time today, I'll arrange Free Entry for him into that UKOPS Deep Stack which starts at 4pm this afternoon. It'd be rather nice if the £2.20 @ 2.20 regulars could rail him in that, I think.
  • edited December 2014

Calling Rainman, calling Rainman........
  • edited December 2014
    Good afternoon Sir Tikay.
    I dont know what to say, a very generous offer.
    Thank you so much, and for all your help on promoting the £2.20 @2.20 deepstack.
    Also a massive thank you for all the players who have played in the £2.20 @2.20 deepstack in the last year.
    Watched your play against Macacgirl was in stitches, to me that is what poker is all about, also had great fun on my table earlier with Hhyfydrftdr and waller02 2 really funny guys,and made the £2.20 a great investment.
    Once again thank you very much Sir Tikay, you are a true gentleman.
    All the best.
    Rainman397
  • edited December 2014
    Good afternoon Sir Tikay. I dont know what to say, a very generous offer. Thank you so much, and for all your help on promoting the £2.20 @2.20 deepstack. Also a massive thank you for all the players who have played in the £2.20 @2.20 deepstack in the last year. Watched your play against Macacgirl was in stitches, to me that is what poker is all about, also had great fun on my table earlier with Hhyfydrftdr and waller02 2 really funny guys,and made the £2.20 a great investment. Once again thank you very much Sir Tikay, you are a true gentleman. All the best. Rainman397
    Posted by rainman397
    I have sent a note upstairs requesting Free Entry for you Mr Rainman. The prize is donated by Sky Poker, not me.

Fingers crossed, your name should appear in the Lobby shortly.

Good luck mate, & I really hope the £2.20 @ 2.20 regulars all rail you in that UKOPS thing.

• edited December 2014
    I'm sure you know a lot more about poker ethics than me and that this is just a fun micro-stakes games, but this still seems a tad naughty imo.

You've effectively agreed to consolidate your stacks, giving the winner of the flip a free rebuy and a significant advantage over his or her opponents. Would you still have made third place in this tournament without that double-up?

I've no idea how far into the tournament this happened, but had the UKOPS entry been available macagirl1 would have had a far greater chance of winning it than anybody else. 
  • edited December 2014
    Can't argue with your decision there Tikay, if anybody deserves a UKOPS seat then it is definitely rainman. Was a great afternoon of poker yesterday and all for £2.20. Is anybody up for playing it again later?????

Best of luck rainmain, hope you run deep and will certainly pop along to rail you.
  • edited December 2014
    I'm sure you know a lot more about poker ethics than me and that this is just a fun micro-stakes games, but this still seems a tad naughty imo. You've effectively agreed to consolidate your stacks, giving the winner of the flip a free rebuy and a significant advantage over his or her opponents. Would you still have made third place in this tournament without that double-up? I've no idea how far into the tournament this happened, but had the UKOPS entry been available macagirl1 would have had a far greater chance of winning it than anybody else. 
    Posted by GaryQQQ
    they were sat together late on in the tournament a long time after the minimum off 100 runners had not been met :(
  • edited December 2014
    Very pleased for you Rainman, and well done Tikay for organising it.

Lighten up a bit Gary.
  • edited December 2014
    I'm sure you know a lot more about poker ethics than me and that this is just a fun micro-stakes games, but this still seems a tad naughty imo. You've effectively agreed to consolidate your stacks, giving the winner of the flip a free rebuy and a significant advantage over his or her opponents. Would you still have made third place in this tournament without that double-up? I've no idea how far into the tournament this happened, but had the UKOPS entry been available macagirl1 would have had a far greater chance of winning it than anybody else. 
    Posted by GaryQQQ
    It was fairly early in the Tourney as I recall, the starting stack was 4,000, & I had around 7,000 at the time after a "fast start". 

It's impossible to say if I would have finished 3rd without that double up, but I agree, it's highly unlikely.

No "naughtyness" or ill-intent existed, it was spur of the moment, & just intended as fun. The rest of the Table seemed to enjoy & applaud the "spirit" of it. 

I'm more than happy to donate my winnings to charity if anyone thinks my actions were unethical.

It was, genuinely, just a bit of fun between two fierce competitors & good friends, not pre-meditated in any way, & not intended to confer any advantage over anyone. 

"effectively agreed to consolidate stacks" was certainly not how it was intended, it never crossed my mind.

I do see your point, though.

Apologies to anyone who felt this was improper.

• edited December 2014

Incidentally, there is no "Late Reg" for this MTT, so the 100 runners criteria never came into it.
  • edited December 2014
    Nothing to apologise for Tikay.

Been blown completely out of proportion.
  • edited December 2014
    Nothing to apologise for Tikay. Been blown completely out of proportion.
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
                         +1
  • edited December 2014
    Good afternoon GaryQQQ.
    The way Sir Tikay and Macacgirl were playing was purely for fun and enjoyed by everyone at the table and the railers, i am sure no one at the table saw it as a way to double up.
    Also the late reg lasts 12 minutes and was well over by the time this had happened, and was well short of 100 runners.
    All the best.
    Rainman397
  • edited December 2014
    Who is playing this today i might play so easy chips for everyone :)
  • edited December 2014
    Good afternoon GaryQQQ. The way Sir Tikay and Macacgirl were playing was purely for fun and enjoyed by everyone at the table and the railers, i am sure no one at the table saw it as a way to double up. Also the late reg lasts 12 minutes and was well over by the time this had happened, and was well short of 100 runners. All the best. Rainman397
    Posted by rainman397
    Oops, I got that wrong, too.

Late Reg had closed by the time it happened, but I don't really have a precise memory of what stage it arose. I thought it was early doors, maybe early to mid. I know I had 7,000 or so, & Macac had double that.