You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Webby

edited January 2010 in Poker Chat
I miss him, his posts was always straight to the point , some would say rude but i dont think he ever went out his way to be spitefull, grew to like the bloke

anyone know when the mans allowed back?

Comments

• ckdckd
    edited January 2010

why was he kicked
  • edited January 2010
    hiya huflung---probably only got a weeks ban mate, I think its a bit bad removing all of his posts though innit. Out of order imo, I miss webby too, will let you know when I have worked out why that is--lol
  • edited January 2010
    yep and with no forum  head doorman,

all sorts are being left in,

cant believe i am saying this,

i miss him to lol
  • edited January 2010
    If Webby was here patrolling the electronic ether, does anyone else think that the 1k snowball FIASCO would've happened?
  • edited January 2010
    yeah i really miss him as well.cant wait till hes back.dav
  • edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: Webby:
    If Webby was here patrolling the electronic ether, does anyone else think that the 1k snowball FIASCO would've happened?
    Posted by KnackersYa
    Webby would have told them to grow up and stop being an appendage!!
  • edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: Webby : Webby would have told them to grow up and stop being an appendage!!
    Posted by oynutter
    hope it is only a week , didnt realise all his posts had been deleted too

Im going to advice him to stop calling people this appendage and if he feels he needs to say something i find "You Big Tool" works fine
  • edited January 2010
    The posts won't have been deleted as such, they'll be in a sort of hidden state until his account status is returned to normal.
  • edited January 2010
    All Webby's posts removed wow!

Does that mean he'll start again at 1.

If so we should hold a sweepstake as to how long he takes to get his ''first'' hundred posts up.

I'll start with ...............hmmmmmmm ...................4 minutes 28 seconds.

Seriously though it will be good to get him back firing on all cylinders.
  • edited January 2010

The whole chatban thing is a grey area for me, unless its blatantly obvious that someone's sole intention is to upset others.

Being honest and to the point, shud be applauded, not punished - Its an adults site, people runnin away upset coz sum1 dunt agree with em, theyre the ones that should be banned from using a site for over* 18's until they start to act like they are older than 18.

The Webby thing, in his own words, "is just a joke tbh" lol

DOHH

• edited January 2010
    The whole chatban thing is a grey area for me, unless its blatantly obvious that someone's sole intention is to upset others. Being honest and to the point, shud be applauded, not punished - Its an adults site, people runnin away upset coz sum1 dunt agree with em, theyre the ones that should be banned from using a site for ver 18's until they start to act like they are older than 18. The Webby thing, in his own words, "is just a joke tbh" lol DOHH
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    +1
  • edited January 2010
    The whole chatban thing is a grey area for me, unless its blatantly obvious that someone's sole intention is to upset others. Being honest and to the point, shud be applauded, not punished - Its an adults site, people runnin away upset coz sum1 dunt agree with em, theyre the ones that should be banned from using a site for over* 18's until they start to act like they are older than 18. The Webby thing, in his own words, "is just a joke tbh" lol DOHH
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    This.  there are too many people on this forum who are too worried about being seen as nice, and don't post what they actually think.
  • edited January 2010
    The whole chatban thing is a grey area for me, unless its blatantly obvious that someone's sole intention is to upset others. Being honest and to the point, shud be applauded, not punished - Its an adults site, people runnin away upset coz sum1 dunt agree with em, theyre the ones that should be banned from using a site for over* 18's until they start to act like they are older than 18. The Webby thing, in his own words, "is just a joke tbh" lol DOHH
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    +1
  • edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: Webby : This.  there are too many people on this forum who are too worried about being seen as nice, and don't post what they actually think.
    Posted by scotty77
    This isn't about not saying what you think, it's about saying it in the right way & not breaking the forum rules. People could say "I don't like that NoseyBonk fella" or they could say "That NoseyBonk fella is a ...... long list of expletives". Both effectively the same but one would get you banned! :)

Actually both would get you banned once I'd slipped Rich a few quid lol

• edited January 2010
    i would guess that if all his posts are removed then he may be banned for life.the same thing happened to mickjenn
  • edited January 2010
    I don't want to alarm you Dave but your avatar has disappeared.
  • edited January 2010
    I don't want to alarm you Dave but your avatar has disappeared.
    Posted by elsadog
    no its ok i was just wearing a white jumpsuit in the snow...
  • edited January 2010
    mine were all deleted, and I was only banned for a day!--but most of them are back now--he can't be banned for life for one incedent--a week i reckon
  • edited January 2010
    mine were all deleted, and I was only banned for a day!--but most of them are back now--he can't be banned for life for one incedent--a week i reckon
    Posted by oynutter
    See my post above - it's linked to the account status. You weren't "deleted" just temporarily suspended :) Once the account is returned to an active state then the posts return.

• edited January 2010
    Posted by oynutter
    1 incident? i thought the agreed concensus was that it was for doing it persistently.Sure he was unlucky but are you all sure you would really encourage a forum where you can s l a g off who you want when you want? even if the person puts a post that you just dont agree with? dav
  • edited January 2010
    Posted by oynutter
    I think that it would be wrong to assume that webby234 got banned for one (trivial) incident.
    I know that Sky don't comment on individual cases but I am aware of at least one very much more distasteful comment that he made that had to be removed. For avoidance of all doubt, the reason that I am aware of it is because I reported him.
    It was posted on two different boards in the forum just to make sure that those offended by it would see it.
    Also, it is entirely possible that other offences were committed. Just because we didn't see the posts doesn't mean that they didn't happen.
  • edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: Webby : WOW!!!  a snitch who admits hes a snitch, dont really like these type of people, they are the low of the low imo nothing good about grassing or telling porkies!
    Posted by porkerman
    No need for a post like that imo.Or is it a jest because your name is PORKERMAN?
  • edited January 2010
    This.  there are too many people on this forum who are too worried about being seen as nice, and don't post what they actually think.

if you posted what you thought, and you werent part of the  " sky clique" , you would no doubt get banned!
  • edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: Webby : WOW!!!  a snitch who admits hes a snitch, dont really like these type of people, they are the low of the low imo nothing good about grassing or telling porkies!
    Posted by porkerman
    I'm not sure if the exclamation marks were intended to imply that this was a humourous post.
    Just in case you were serious, I can assure you that I'm not in the habit of telling "porkies".

Also, I seem to have a different opinion to you of grasses/snitches in many cases.
    I deem "whistle blowing" to be an entirely reasonable thing to do.
  • edited January 2010
    thanks vince, I thought he just got a small ban for what he said to dave. But like dave said, he was persistently annoying peeps, and posting stuff just to wind them up
  • edited January 2010
    I think we agree Webby's a fundamentally decent bloke, but he tends to post in the heat of the moment and, in doing so, says things he might later regret.  Without the 'filter' of an hour or two's reflection, it's too easy to say exactly what's on your mind and that gets you into all sorts of trouble!

Still, Webby will be back as big and bold as ever.  To equate this matter to schooldays, he hasn't been expelled, just told to stand in the corner for a bit! 
  • edited January 2010
    Posted by porkerman
    says you lol, was you not one of three in that competition a few months back, where rich said people changed there guesses after the competion was over??
  • edited January 2010
    Webby Webby he is like our own Sky Duck... on a serious note, come on back big boy, we miss you.
  • edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: Webby : says you lol, was you not one of three in that competition a few months back, where rich said people changed there guesses after the competion was over??
    Posted by loonytoons
    Legendary reply lol
  • edited January 2010
    This.  there are too many people on this forum who are too worried about being seen as nice, and don't post what they actually think. if you posted what you thought, and you werent part of the  " sky clique" , you would no doubt get banned!
    Posted by hogan2089
    Valid point in my opinion

Fitz.