You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Sunday Flagship Omaha Tournament

Comments

• edited January 2015
    Don't think this will work for PLO alone but plo8 almost certainly. It would take some time though, better to start small and gradually increase the guarantee rather than start big and gradually decrease it. Also pretty sure sky would attract more newer players if there were a couple of small plo8 bhs a day up to 5£. 
  • edited January 2015

Hi everyone,

Been reading this thread with interest, I really enjoy my new Thursday routine, haven't played the £30 B/H the whole of December.

I think the £1 and £2 plo8 tourneys and leagure set up have encouraged lot of players to dip their toes into this format, not quite so many play in the £5 tourney.

I agree with keeping the guarantee realistic to begin with and trying to build the popularity through leagues and enticements of seats etc. 

Hopefully we draw more plo8 and plo players from other sites and then the guarantees can be gradually increased. 

I know that Sunday would potentially be the ideal night, but it is a big night for NLHE and I find if I am mixing diciplines it definitely affects me badly.

My own preference would be Saturday as I am not a massive fan of rebuys :-)

PLO8 B/H........OMG lol
  • edited January 2015

A BOUNTYHUNTER PLO8?

Good Lord!

Not sure that'd be my cup of tea, but if it attracted a few more runners, I guess that's fine. 

I'm not convinced the BH format works with PLO or PLO8 in the way it does with NLH, though. 

PLO & PLO8 are already "action games", it does not really need spicing up. IMO, of course.
  • edited January 2015
    In Response to Re: Sunday Flagship Omaha Tournament:
    A BOUNTYHUNTER PLO8? Good Lord! Not sure that'd be my cup of tea, but if it attracted a few more runners, I guess that's fine.  I'm not convinced the BH format works with PLO or PLO8 in the way it does with NLH, though.  PLO & PLO8 are already "action games", it does not really need spicing up. IMO, of course.
    Posted by Tikay10
    +1 to this.

I'd like the tournament to be on a Friday or Saturday night, but I guess that's just a personal opinion.
  • edited January 2015
    Try imagining NLO8 BH
    The mind would simply explode thinking how they would play out.
  • edited January 2015
    ***BUMP*** If nothing else to wind GaryQQQ up. 

I look forward to the day when we can nudge him to add the flagship PLO8 £1k guarantee to his results thread!
  • edited January 2015

I've not forgotten it Mr Phantom,

I just wanted o ensure we had all the feedback from everyone interested, before (we, the Community) decide what request I should make to the Suity People.
  • edited January 2015
    ***BUMP*** If nothing else to wind GaryQQQ up.  I look forward to the day when we can nudge him to add the flagship PLO8 £1k guarantee to his results thread!
    Posted by Phantom66
    The threshold has always been over £1,000 guaranteed to be included in the results because there are too many at exactly £1,000.

However,  I'll make an exception in advance here and now. If this one gets off the ground with a £1,000 guarantee I promise I'll include it.
  • edited January 2015
    I've not forgotten it Mr Phantom, I just wanted o ensure we had all the feedback from everyone interested, before (we, the Community) decide what request I should make to the Suity People.
    Posted by Tikay10
    I thought we'd decided?
    £5000 Guarantee
    £2 buy-in
    6 Card NLO8 BH

You did promise to play catch up with the guarantee if it wasn't met didn't you?
  • edited January 2015
    In Response to Re: Sunday Flagship Omaha Tournament : I thought we'd decided? £5000 Guarantee £2 buy-in 6 Card NLO8 BH You did promise to play catch up with the guarantee if it wasn't met didn't you?
    Posted by Macacgirl1
    Listen Little Miss Funny Sort.

If anyone ever catches me endorsing NLO8 BH's, you have my permission to have me summarily put down.

It's like the difference between Proper Cricket - Test Matches - & Silly Cricket - that T20 nonsense.

No class, no class at all, it's taking the beauty out of a wonderful game.

• edited January 2015
    I'll take that as a yes then.

6 Card NLO8 BH
    2 minute blinds
    1000 chip stack.
  • edited January 2015
    A BOUNTYHUNTER PLO8? Good Lord! Not sure that'd be my cup of tea, but if it attracted a few more runners, I guess that's fine.  I'm not convinced the BH format works with PLO or PLO8 in the way it does with NLH, though.  PLO & PLO8 are already "action games", it does not really need spicing up. IMO, of course.
    Posted by Tikay10
    I wouldn't say I am endorsing it so to speak Tikay, but it would get more runners hence more people playing or giving the game a go which really is our main goal is it not? Just an idea, they run successfully on other sites and work really well with a decent structure. 

Personally I will always prefer "normal" Plo8, love the variance it produces and hope we can give it a real push on sky.

Hope you're well Tikay. :)
  • edited January 2015
    In Response to Re: Sunday Flagship Omaha Tournament : The threshold has always been  over £1,000 guaranteed to be included in the results because there are too many at exactly £1,000. However,  I'll make an exception in advance here and now. If this one gets off the ground with a £1,000 guarantee I promise I'll include it.
    Posted by GaryQQQ
    Nice One Gary!!!
  • edited January 2015
    You'd have fun in a High-Low Bounty Hunter assigning the bounty if a player is knocked out by player 1 winning the High hand and player2 winning the Lo hand - split the bounty?
  • edited January 2015
    You'd have fun in a High-Low Bounty Hunter assigning the bounty if a player is knocked out by player 1 winning the High hand and player2 winning the Lo hand - split the bounty?
    Posted by FCHD
    Presumably biggest stack gets the bounty? as per split pots in NL?
  • edited January 2015
    The best High hand would take the bounty.
  • edited January 2015
    Standard PLO8 Format seems Best surley!

The Hilo officienados would be Heed-Spinning & talking in Tongues, at the mere thought of a PLO8 BH, lol

When we get 500 Runners maybe add a PLO8 BH, ....pmsl
  • edited January 2015
    The best High hand would take the bounty.
    Posted by Wacko90
    would create NEW Dynamic,
    ........like in this game you really need summat else to worry about......lol
  • edited January 2015

Tonight's £100 guaranteed PLO mtt - Guarantee met.
     Tonight's £100 guaranteed PLO8 mtt - Guarantee beaten.

JUST SAYING.
  • edited January 2015
    I think we can all agree that plo8 would attract more runners than PLO. 

I only suggested plo8 bhs because they will almost certainly attract bigger fields and newer players. We want newer players to play and enjoy plo8 and give it a go, a BH would almost certainly encourage more players to play and no doubt also play standard plo8 with a decent gtee. A standard plo8 would be better but wouldn't necessarily attract as big a field. 

A few small bhs could easily increase plo8 fields across sky, filling them with new players trying the game. Just an idea :)
  • edited January 2015
    3 max turbo rebuy BH.
  • edited January 2015
    3 max turbo rebuy BH.
    Posted by hhyftrftdr

LOL, I get panic attacks just imagining that that.....
  • edited January 2015
    3 max turbo rebuy BH.
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    I think there would be more play in an all in sat
  • edited January 2015
    A Hit-Suggestion Trial from Me, to Forum & Sky!!

Currently theses tournies are running on a Thursday as part of Succesful FOSP Hilo League Run By Churchy18, with Help from Me & ScouseRed...

7.50pm £1.10 BUYIN Hilo

8.25pm £5.50 BUYIN £100 GTD Hilo
       8.40pm £2.20 BUYIN F.O.S.P PL08 EXTRA

9.20pm £1.10 BUYIN  Hilo

So HOW ABOUT....

The 7.50pm £1.10 Hilo, could be made £100 Gar
    The 8.40pm FOSP £2.20 Extra, could be made £200 Gar.

Sky to Consider Either/Or or Both, 100 Runners Make up Gar.
    This could easily be done straight away.

Also, Consider the Current Sunday FOSP PLO Varients Tornie £3.30 entry, 7.15pm, already established
    What if Initially, Once a Month,  say 25th Jan, on a HILO week, Sky give this a £300 Gar!!!

TRIAL!! If works Increase Garantees or set up as Separate Prestige Tournie!!

This is an Easy Step...
    I'd be happy to help work with Trebor, Sky on this, am sure Churchy18 & Solarcarro would too...

Thanks for initiating this idea btw Trebor.

Thoughts??
    All, TK, Sky??

The Hitman

• edited January 2015
    Seems a sensible approach, building organically from existing schedule.

Lets see if we can get close to or even smash 100 entries tonight to make them realise there really isnt much risk and potentially plenty of reward if they start poaching the PLO8 community from other sites.

I'm in!

• edited January 2015
    How do You Eat a PLO8 Hilo Elephant...?
  • edited January 2015
    How do You Eat a PLO8 Hilo Elephant...?
    Posted by HITMAN_RV
    BY TAKING LOTS OF SMALL BITES!!!

...if You Build it
    .............THEY WILL COME!!!
  • edited January 2015
    A Hit-Suggestion Trial from Me, to Forum & Sky!! Currently theses tournies are running on a Thursday as part of Succesful FOSP Hilo League Run By Churchy18, with Help from Me & ScouseRed...    7.50pm £1.10 BUYIN Hilo    8.25pm £5.50 BUYIN £100 GTD Hilo    8.40pm £2.20 BUYIN F.O.S.P PL08 EXTRA    9.20pm £1.10 BUYIN   Hilo So HOW ABOUT.... The 7.50pm £1.10 Hilo, could be made £100 Gar The 8.40pm FOSP £2.20 Extra, could be made £200 Gar. Sky to Consider Either/Or or Both, 100 Runners Make up Gar. This could easily be done straight away. Also, Consider the Current Sunday FOSP PLO Varients Tornie £3.30 entry, 7.15pm, already established What if Initially, Once a Month,  say 25th Jan, on a HILO week, Sky give this a £300 Gar!!! TRIAL!! If works Increase Garantees or set up as Separate Prestige Tournie!! This is an Easy Step... I'd be happy to help work with Trebor, Sky on this, am sure Churchy18 & Solarcarro would too... Thanks for initiating this idea btw Trebor. Thoughts?? All, TK, Sky?? The Hitman
    Posted by HITMAN_RV

+1

Great idea, Rome wasn't built in a day and progression in the guarantee and members of the Sky PLO players is a good move forward.
      Sky have already increased some guarantees this week, so surely one more, please.
  • edited January 2015
    A Hit-Suggestion Trial from Me, to Forum & Sky!! Currently theses tournies are running on a Thursday as part of Succesful FOSP Hilo League Run By Churchy18, with Help from Me & ScouseRed...    7.50pm £1.10 BUYIN Hilo    8.25pm £5.50 BUYIN £100 GTD Hilo    8.40pm £2.20 BUYIN F.O.S.P PL08 EXTRA    9.20pm £1.10 BUYIN   Hilo So HOW ABOUT.... The 7.50pm £1.10 Hilo, could be made £100 Gar The 8.40pm FOSP £2.20 Extra, could be made £200 Gar. Sky to Consider Either/Or or Both, 100 Runners Make up Gar. This could easily be done straight away. Also, Consider the Current Sunday FOSP PLO Varients Tornie £3.30 entry, 7.15pm, already established What if Initially, Once a Month,  say 25th Jan, on a HILO week, Sky give this a £300 Gar!!! TRIAL!! If works Increase Garantees or set up as Separate Prestige Tournie!! This is an Easy Step... I'd be happy to help work with Trebor, Sky on this, am sure Churchy18 & Solarcarro would too... Thanks for initiating this idea btw Trebor. Thoughts?? All, TK, Sky?? The Hitman
    Posted by HITMAN_RV
    +2
  • edited January 2015
    Posted by HITMAN_RV
    +3