You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

TONIGHT LIVE on Sky TV from 7pm with Rich & Ross! ***show message thread***

edited January 2015 in Poker Chat
What a unqiue personality! Should be like tuning into the moon. Count me in!

Comments

• edited January 2015

Happy New Year folks!

It’s my first show in 2015 tonight and I’m greatly looking forward to it.

Sky Poker TV LIVE!

Thursday 8th January 2015

Channel 861 or streamed from skypoker.com

With Richard ‘I’m trying to look intelligent’ Orford

and Ross 'Don’t be alarmed, I’m brandishing a knife’ Jarvis

We are live from 7pm- and the main event is the £33 buy-in Sky Sports Bounty Hunter. But of course, you can satellite into that for much cheaper (see the lobby).

We’ll also cover some cash and lots more besides.

You know we love your messages, and to be in the draw at the end of the night for Turbo Tuesday main event seats out you simply need to have had a message read out on air or a hand request shown.

So all your usual fantastic input please, plus your thoughts on this.

Let’s face it, sometimes your poker game and indeed life can feel a bit like…

The trick is to break out of it, by changing the way you act and think.

So…

WHAT DID YOU DO THROUGHOUT 2014 THAT YOU’VE SO FAR MANAGED NOT TO REPEAT THIS YEAR?*

*All eight days of it! 

Was there a tactical mistake/leak in your game you kept making in 2014 that you’re pleased to report you’ve stamped out your game so far in 2015?

Or was there something you did really well in 2014, (e.g. cashed in a main event at least once a week) that annoyingly, you haven’t quite managed to pull off in 2015 as of yet?

Looking forward to your replies and see you at 7!

• edited January 2015
    In Response to Thursday Night Live on Sky TV with Rich & Ross! ***show message thread***:
    Happy New Year folks!   It’s my first show in 2015 this Thursday and I’m greatly looking forward to it.   Sky Poker TV LIVE!   Thursday 8th January 2015 Channel 861 or streamed from skypoker.com   With  Richard ‘I’m trying to look intelligent’ Orford a nd  Ross 'Don’t be alarmed, I’m brandishing a knife’ Jarvis We are live from  7pm- and the main event is the £33 buy-in Sky Sports Bounty Hunter. But of course, you can satellite into that for much cheaper (see the lobby).   We’ll also cover some cash and lots more besides. You know we love your messages, and to be in the draw at the end of the night for Turbo Tuesday main event seats out you simply need to have had a message read out on air or a hand request shown.   So all your usual fantastic input please, plus your thoughts on this .   Let’s face it, sometimes your poker game and indeed life can feel a bit like…     The trick is, to break out of it, by changing the way you act and think. So…     WHAT DID YOU REPEATEDLY DO LAST YEAR THAT YOU’VE SO FAR MANAGED NOT TO REPEAT THIS YEAR?* *All seven days of it!  Was there a tactical mistake/leak in your game you kept making in 2014 that you’re pleased to report you’ve stamped out your game so far in 2015? Or was there something you did really well in 2014, (e.g. cashed in a main event at least once a week) that annoyingly, you haven’t quite managed to pull off in 2015 as of yet? Looking forward to your replies and see you Thursday night at 7!
    Posted by RICHORFORD
    and failing.......... I daren't comment on the pic of Ross!
  • edited January 2015
    WHAT DID YOU REPEATEDLY DO LAST YEAR THAT YOU’VE SO FAR MANAGED NOT TO REPEAT THIS YEAR?*

Calling Tikays raises!
  • edited January 2015
    Folding my raises to shoves!
    Be warned here,If I raise I have a premium hand,and if you shove with your AA,I will call you!
    I will survive with my hand range for raising 60 % of the time that is with my lowest cards QJS.
  • edited January 2015
    In Response to Re: Thursday Night Live on Sky TV with Rich & Ross! ***show message thread***:
    WHAT DID YOU REPEATEDLY DO LAST YEAR THAT YOU’VE SO FAR MANAGED NOT TO REPEAT THIS YEAR?* Calling Tikays raises!
    Posted by VespaPX
    That's usually one of the most profitable plays in poker!

;-)
  • edited January 2015
    The knife is absolutely not the most alarming thing about that picture of Ross.
  • edited January 2015
    Slight change to strategy tonight.
    Changed from being aggressive and playing few hands to
    Loosening up abit and playing more hands.
    Paid Dividends:

BenLynden5180001£119.63susi303002£72.97zaklynden03£44.94wynne193804£36.17
  • edited January 2015
    In Response to Re: Thursday Night Live on Sky TV with Rich & Ross! ***show message thread***:
    The knife is absolutely not the most alarming thing about that picture of Ross.
    Posted by Slipwater
    It's the jumper, isn't it?
  • edited January 2015
    I think the "I'm going to enjoy this" look on Ross' face as he stares coldly down the camera is what worries me...
  • edited January 2015
    Great to see you back Richard and With the FAB ross Ill be with you 7-12 Gonna be a good night ;) 
  • edited January 2015

A quick shout out to the final tablists in last night's Rebuy Open Main Event, well done all 5 of you.
    patcho21620001£2282.60
    bearlyther02£1328.88
    Boonicon04£643.65
    slurpit105£542.40
    ozzieowen06£442.06
  • edited January 2015
    Richard, congratulations on your fine result last night. 

If we ignore your cash losses - and your RICHORFORD account - you're merely £215 shy of break-even on Sharkscope! 

You'll get there. Believe.

Pass on my condolences to Ross. Five hours with you tonight?... jeeeez...
  • edited January 2015
    WE'REEEEEEEE BAAAAAAAACK! 

Whoop whoop whoop! Boom, shake shake shake the room! 

That picture was possibly my happiest moment of 2015 so far, drinking a pint of the wonderful Kernel IPA with an (out of shot) amazingly large fish and chips beneath me (hence the massive knife). 

BUT perhaps tonight's show will eclipse that moment as the greatest of 2015 so far.

BUT (again) ONLY if YOU help us out! Fire questions, comments, pictures and any ridiculous musings at all ALLLLL NIGHHHHHTTTT LOOONG! (Well, stop promptly at midnight please). 

Laters. 
  • edited January 2015
    Well I am guessing that Rich is trying something new this year as evidenced by last night's main event? Can't wait to find out what that was tonight.

[ok so now I have made sure my post will be read out and get into the draw...]

Personally I am working on focus and discipline and playing the right games within my bankroll.

So far out of 6 playing days I have 5 winning and 1 losing day and B/R has increased from £5 to £40.

I did have one moment of weakness putting £5 on a 10nl table, I did get lucky and spun it up to £12.26 (part one of the forum Mastercash spin up challenge complete). However I am determined to regain that focus and discipline and I have promised not to try the next level until my roll is £110.

• edited January 2015
    Great to see you back Richard and With the FAB ross Ill be with you 7-12 Gonna be a good night ;) 
    Posted by whitebeast
    Nice one whitebeast. Yes, Ross is a legend and it'll be nice to do a show with him after a long hiatus. See you at 7. :-)
  • edited January 2015
    Richard, congratulations on your fine result last night.  If we ignore your cash losses - and your RICHORFORD account - you're merely £215 shy of break-even on Sharkscope!  You'll get there. Believe. Pass on my condolences to Ross. Five hours with you tonight?... jeeeez ...
    Posted by BorinLoner
    Knowing I've lost just £215 on my personal poker account over 8 years (ignoring the cash table elephant in the room) is like finding out I've been nominted for a British Poker Award.

I'm welling up, seriously. That's a loss of just £26.85 a year. Phenomenal.
  • edited January 2015
    Well I am guessing that Rich is trying something new this year as evidenced by last night's main event? Can't wait to find out what that was tonight. [ok so now I have made sure my post will be read out and get into the draw...] Personally I am working on focus and discipline and playing the right games within my bankroll. So far out of 6 playing days I have 5 winning and 1 losing day and B/R has increased from £5 to £40. I did have one moment of weakness putting £5 on a 10nl table, I did get lucky and spun it up to £12.26 (part one of the forum Mastercash spin up challenge complete). However I am determined to regain that focus and discipline and I have promised not to try the next level until my roll is £110.
    Posted by Phantom66
    Great post, Phantom.

Guaranteed to get read out... ;-)
  • edited January 2015

hi rich, ross.

big congratulations on your play last night in the rebuy open.

i played too and cashed.  can you and ross review this hand please?  maybe with card blockers.  i was called muppet and idiot by two others on the table.  what do you think?  appreciate your views, even if it is the same.

rob

rebuy open, wednesday.

Hand History #858889417 (23:43 07/01/2015)

• edited January 2015
    Excellent input as always guys.

Rob, the backroom team will take a look at that hand to see if it's one they think is worth sharing with the rest of the class.

Well done for cashing though. I hear you have to be pretty good to cash in the Sky Poker rebuy main event ;-)
  • edited January 2015

More unbrarable by the minute.

Soon, he will be unbearabler, or even unbrarablererer.

His unbearablenesslessness will soon be unbearable.
  • edited January 2015
    Good evening guys do i have to congratulate you again on your 3rd place !!!!
    in last nights main event oh go on then Well played sir...
    Well i intend to just try and improve on my results from last year few things i wana work,if i can improve on 2014's results i will be happy..

So far in 2015 played 3 mains this week..
    min cash on monday 
    played awful on tues
    16th last night 
    top ten tonight...lol

Anyway have a great show (looking forward to the ric orford lesson in how to play poker as shown on 861 tonight...)

• edited January 2015
    rich bets a "nominted "
    teeks raises with an "unbrarable"
    it's not poker lessons you guys need ......
  • edited January 2015
    Woo - Just logged into my acount to see I won a seat for tonights main event! 

I fell asleep during the end of Turbo Tuesday. First thing I have won on Sky Poker! Delighted hopefully you guys can follow me for a bit tonight to see how I do?

Love it if you could :) 

#SkyPoker #Awesome #Skysports #Loveit
  • edited January 2015
    Hi Rich looking forward to the show tonight well done on final tabling the main last night. Hopefully we can get some hands from it on the show tonight.
  • edited January 2015
    Another great show so far as always from Rich and Ross
  • edited January 2015
    Good evening Mr Orford and Mr Jarvis.
    Excellent result last night Mr Orford.
    What i did last year was managed to persuade yourself Mr Orford to play the £2.20 @2.20 deepstack,
    and have not done it so far this year,
    All the best.
    Rainman397
  • edited January 2015
    2014 I played most of my poker out of boredom. Trying to be more selective of the nights and games I play and stay focused on those. All too easy to register for anything and everything, which I'm sure is less profitable. Will be playing the main (and therefore PLAYING THE MINIII too), let's see how it goes.

Have a good show 
  • edited January 2015
    Hi guys happy new year to you both and all skypoker viewers, im not playing tonight but ill be watching the show as ive not been to well .good luck to all at the tables
  • edited January 2015

Congrats on the result Rich, I'm just wondering when you and Tikay will be doing the 5 hour show, a la Mr Channing, where you talk us through your hands for the tournament, and amaze us with your Poker prowess and expertise?

• edited January 2015
    Great show so far guys!

1) Not to go bust with Aces (Haven't had Aces yet)

2) Not to go out to a SKY presenter.

3) Exit a Tournament in Level One

Things are looking good!