You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

POKER POINTS HOW MUCH FREE CASH CAN U WIN

edited July 2009 in Poker Chat
Ive decided to do an experiment i have 1148 poker points and 0p credit instead of adding cash to my balance im going to only play in freeroll tournaments and see how much can win from sky by just using the poker points i have starting with tonights midnight freeroll ( 11/07/09 ) i'll keep record off every freeroll i play and where finished and if so how much won what ever i have won once used up my poker points i'll give to charity

Comments

• edited July 2009
    just finished 13th in freeroll making it 17p in first game had ak all in got called off a6 spades they hit flush
  • edited July 2009
    Good luck with your experiment. And tbh i'm a very new player myself and with the 500 points they give ya i've been trying to do the same thing aswell, i have £1.17 atm after 20 free-rolls hoepfully gonna get as much as i can so i can play 30p sit"n"go's without paying only 3 so far soon shud be more lol.
  • edited July 2009
    Good luck.

Ive been playing the freerolls for the last week or so. Never bothered before.

If you are a good player, I would be amazed if you made very much, as the freerolls reward the worst play/ players.

Ive lost every all-in bar two where I have had significantly the best hand ( and thats about 20 all ins). Two obscure cards such as 36 off will, the majority of the time, beat a solid hand such as AQ etc in the tournaments.
  • edited July 2009
    your do well to make £10, good luck to you though, these freerolls are totally rubbish, i cant see why you cant exchange them for entry or satellites to the open & velocity mmts etc. at least you would have a chance to get a good win
  • edited July 2009
    In Response to Re: POKER POINTS HOW MUCH FREE CASH CAN U WIN:
    your do well to make £10, good luck to you though, these freerolls are totally rubbish, i cant see why you cant exchange them for entry or satellites to the open & velocity mmts etc. at least you would have a chance to get a good win
    Posted by poon73
    WHAT GREAT IDEA MATEBUT NEVER HAPPEN! THE GUY PLAYING FOR CHARITY BEST LUCK PAL IF YOU CAN RAISE 25QUID BY BEATING 1'000'000 PLAYERS SKY SHOULD DOUBLE IT!
  • edited July 2009
    Thanks guys lol ive been in work all day and was thinking how many freerolls i'd get to play and then the odd oss even winning 10p or so lolthink would be lucky to get to £10 but going to e mail into sky see if they will put me in few tornys see if can boost winnings time will tell im going to keep posting each time play freeroll and where finish lol so got record of where finish
  • edited July 2009
    didnt do too well in midnight freeroll lol a 10 vs aq lost to full house so 2 freerolls played only 17p won lol
  • edited July 2009
    come on skypoker give ryan123 a chance to win some proper cash for charity, please start letting players exchange thier points for satellittes or entry to proper tourneys instead of just freerolls, if you did this it would be very popular im sure. would like a response from somebody of sky with this idea! so tikay, michelle,richard, sky adam etc come on wana know why we cant exchange or points for other tourneys!!
  • edited July 2009
    The freerolls are shocking on this site. Shocking.

Whats the point in entering them?

I tried one this morn. Had pocket kings and raise 4 x bb. Flop is 766. First to act min bets, I go all in, other folds. He turns over 56. What a joke. Out in  63rd.

For each £20 freeroll there are on av 310 entrants or so. Thats 3100 poker points/ £310 in rake paid.

Thats a nice little thing you have going on SKY isn't it.

Terrible.
  • edited July 2009
    The rewards on other sites are SO much better.

I will play elsewhere from now on.

However, i will make sure I use all of the 4100 points I have sitting in my account.

Thats 410 £20 freerolls lol.
  • edited July 2009
    IVE GOT OVER 18K IN POKER POINTS... HAVE ALREADY DONE A POST ON THIS BUT HAD NO REAL RESPONSE... THEY JUST SIT THERE IN MY ACCOUNT GATHERING DUST,,, AND TO BE FAIR NOT KNOCKING ANY FREEROLLERS BUT I CANT B BOTHERED GRINDING FOR OVER 2 HOURS TO WIN A FIVER WIV 20 POKER POINTS BUY IN,,, SKY SERIOUSLY NEED TO SORT THIS OUT....!! AS I HAD PREVIOUSLY STATED ABOUT 4 WEEKS AGO!!!
  • edited July 2009
    I agree jimbo.

18000 poker points eh?

Thats £1800 in rake paid.

What do they give you in return? Nothing.

Seriously mate. Leave.

You could play the freerolls as a kind of chillout game, as I intend to do. But then again, if you try and play proper poker, you will lose as these freerolls appear to reward the poor players ( thats based on numerous accounts I have read, not on my own experience ), and it will probably 'do your nut in'.
  • edited July 2009
    only been on site 8weeks can you change u cash points in to cash after you earned over a set figue
  • edited July 2009
    Yes thats true, but what about the ones left over?

So poor.
  • edited July 2009

lets keep this disscussion going guys! WE WANT A RESPONSE FROM THE SKYPOKER TEAM PLEASE. our poker points are gathering dust, please let us exchange them for proper tourneys. for example £5 entry for tourney or 500 poker points. all we got is £20 freerolls! come on skypoker get a grip!

• edited July 2009
    ive emailed into sky poker to see if they will put me in a few bigger tournaments to give me better chance off getting some serious cash for charity
  • edited July 2009
    i got quick responce to my email here is what i got

Hi Richard,

Thanks for your email.

I'm afraid that it would not be possible to enter you in to tournaments for money without you paying an entry fee into the tournament.

Kind Regards,
    Amy

Customer Care Team
  • edited July 2009
    sorry to hear that ryan123, that is very poor response from skypoker. would like to hear from the skypoker t.v experts about this, so tikay & all other sky presenters come on we wana hear from you about this topic!!
  • edited July 2009
    ive applied to be a home player on show as guessing that onlt way will get in any tournaments for free bit off kick in teeth as sky poker make loads money from us players and wouldnt do anything about it so far its all freerolls lol
  • edited July 2009
    65th in freeroll kj vs 66 flop k 4 6 not good so far only 17p for charity but only 3 freerolls played
  • edited July 2009
    I did similar last 2 weeks... got up to about 50p via free rolls, doubled up on cash, then again and again... down a bit now but about £5 in the account. Play the 100point wednesday one or the Community one if there is one on a Friday. £250 one is more worthwhile. Came in 9th last Fri for £3.75.  Good luck it is possible. Have you cashed in your new player freeroll? my mrs did and made £30.

Dave
  • edited July 2009
    been playing on sky for years and never been in a new player freeroll how u get on that? i'll be playing any freerolls i can until points all gone then will build them up again but just want to see how much can get with points ive got and give winnings away
  • edited July 2009
    56th in this mornings freeroll getting close but nothing starting to think not going to get much for charity lol
  • edited July 2009
    the newplayer freeroll is the "£500 Private" one on a Friday. Maybe you have not checked the box allowing sky to email you promotions?.. (email sky?)

Assisted the mrs on one £20 one a couple of weeks ago and she won that 2 to 3hrs for £5 lol but we are talking pure luck to win these things.

• edited July 2009
    out an other freeroll 48th tonight kq vs 55 got nothing and 40 paid come on sky give me a chance
  • edited July 2009
    69th tonight kj vs 9 10 they hit 9
  • edited July 2009
    HI GUYS/..... CHECK MY POST I DONE A WHILE AGO!!!!!!!!!! JUST SEARCH ME AND LOOK FOR FORUM UNDER POKER POINTS.... I CAME UP WITH A TOP IDEA THAT IM SURE UD ALL AGREE...... BUT HAVE I HAD A RESPONSE...............NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!
  • edited July 2009
    In Response to Re: POKER POINTS HOW MUCH FREE CASH CAN U WIN:
    i got quick responce to my email here is what i got Hi Richard, Thanks for your email. I'm afraid that it would not be possible to enter you in to tournaments for money without you paying an entry fee into the tournament. Kind Regards, Amy Customer Care Team
    Posted by ryan123
    sums it up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • edited July 2009
    297th in 7pm freeroll aj flop 3j6 raised 1000 got called turn 2 went all in called by 55 river 4 called all in on gut shot
  • edited July 2009
    NOT MANY IF ALL U PLAY IS MTTS