You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Bring Back Webby - Petition

edited January 2010 in Poker Chat

Hi Guys.
Has Webby Spun His Last Web? We all love to hate the guy, but deep down we all miss him right?

Would you like to see Webby back? Cast Your Vote Now.

Hope This Helps?

Comments

• edited January 2010
    voted..bring him back i say
  • edited January 2010
    Ultimately the idea behind banning is to get rid of someone who is forcing others away, am I right? The entire forums/community idea is to keep people here, to play here more. I don't read everything here, but surely he hasn't forced anyone away, therefore losing Sky money, that should be all that matters.  I liked the fact he had an opinion (on anything) that differed. Any discussion, online, in the pub, in the living room, is boring if everyone agrees with everyone. Let him back in is my shout.
  • edited January 2010
    Whilst I have nothing at all against Webby (I even gave him my seat in the santa sack freeroll), campaigns such as this only make Sky dig their heels in more.

Over the last few months we have seen various threads started to get forum and chat bans reduced. None has ever worked, and none ever will.

Sky have their own reasons for issuing and enforcing bans and once a punishment is in place, they will never reduce it as they cannot ever be seen to back down to forum pressure.

Whilst I hope Webbys ban is not permanent, there is little we can do to change things.

The question should not be 'bring back Webby' as this is out of our control. but should be 'would we want Webby back when his ban expires'

Although it appeared every other post was made by Webby, I did enjoy a lot of his posts and would like to see him back once his ban expires, and sincerely hope that any mistakes he has made in the past are not repeated.

However, turning back to your question, I feel I cannot vote either way as it is a decision that is not for us forum members to answer.
  • edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: Bring Back Webby - Petition:
    Whilst I have nothing at all against Webby (I even gave him my seat in the santa sack freeroll), campaigns such as this only make Sky dig their heels in more. Over the last few months we have seen various threads started to get forum and chat bans reduced. None has ever worked, and none ever will. Sky have their own reasons for issuing and enforcing bans and once a punishment is in place, they will never reduce it as they cannot ever be seen to back down to forum pressure. Whilst I hope Webbys ban is not permanent, there is little we can do to change things. The question should not be 'bring back Webby' as this is out of our control. but should be 'would we want Webby back when his ban expires' Although it appeared every other post was made by Webby, I did enjoy a lot of his posts and would like to see him back once his ban expires, and sincerely hope that any mistakes he has made in the past are not repeated. However, turning back to your question, I feel I cannot vote either way as it is a decision that is not for us forum members to answer.
    Posted by Hale72
    You were up early this morning Hale72 and your right. sky will probably not budge from there decision and I don't presume for one moment that they will, however, a bit of light hearted banter on the subject may help webby feel a little more wanted.

Unless everyone votes no of cause, in which case he wont be back anytime soon lol. But Hey! everyone over the age of 18 has a right to vote. (apart from webby) but i'm sure his day will come.

I'm thinking of sending out a search party for webby next - what do you think?
  • edited January 2010

nice one trev,

your a good egg,

but petitions never change the suits decisions on banned posters/players,

but it would be nice to know when he's coming back,

maybe skyrich may give us that info ,

or would this be considered confidential sky info ,

but i did vote yes ,

hope this helps,

over and out roborover

p.s he was the best head doorman ever in sky forum,

hope another poker site dont put a tranfer fee in for him lol

• edited January 2010
     hope another poker site dont put a tranfer fee in for him lol
    Posted by IRISHROVER

Good God Irish!!!! I did'nt think of that, Quick! Pass me my cheque book, I will pay for his retainer lol.
  • edited January 2010
    OMG DON'T MENTION WEBBY!

iv learnt my lesson
  • edited January 2010
    In view  of  what ive heard, (through the grapevine) about  the post that got him removed ..

Correct me if im wrong but he slated and verbally  abused a lady player . in 'The Shed'
    then to make sure it was seen he then posted it in 'General Chat'....

Now i never saw  the content  of it , but if that was the reason for him being chat banned then ...ask your self's this ? 

Was that really a nice thing for him to have done ?

Also  was that the truth of the Matter ?

For me, IF that's the truth of it .....  then why would anyone want to  see him back here ..

So ladies and gentlemen of the jury ....    it's your call !

For me  if he did verbally attack in writing a Lady player,   I'm wondering if she is still playing here .. or has she decided to go elsewhere ? 

And if you were her, what would you do ?

Only Skypoker know what will happen ..

So for me I hope we didn't lose a lady player over this incident....

And if we have lost  'webby'  then ...

"Who Can Ya Turn To ?" 

• edited January 2010
    In view  of  what ive heard, (through the grapevine) about  the post that got him removed .. Correct me if im wrong but he slated and verbally  abused a lady player . in 'The Shed' then to make sure it was seen he then posted it in 'General Chat'.... Now i never saw  the content  of it , but if that was the reason for him being chat banned then ...ask your self's this ?  Was that really a nice thing for him to have done ? Also  was that the truth of the Matter ? For me, IF that's the truth of it .....  then why would anyone want to  see him back here .. So ladies and gentlemen of the jury ....    it's your call !   For me  if he did verbally attack in writing a Lady player,   I'm wondering if she is still playing here .. or has she decided to go elsewhere ?  And if you were her, what would you do ?  Only Skypoker know what will happen .. So for me I hope we didn't lose a lady player over this incident.... And if we have lost  'webby'  then ...   "Who Can Ya Turn To ?"   
    Posted by bennydip2
    I'm sure the mods have done the right thing, just as I am sure Webby will be allowed back once he has served his time, but your post has given me a great idea thou Benny.

When you post a picture, it says picture pending, so instead of a compleate ban, maybe the mods could vet the persons posts - then it would say post pending before it is allowed to go live.

Any Thoughts Sky Rich?
  • edited January 2010
    ive not voted but as has been stated webby was banned for a(good?) reason so it will not be overturned,i know a couple of really nice guys who have been banned but that does not excuse abuse.some people just get carried away because they are sat in the comfort of their own home and dont think of the consequences of abusing someone online.

ps i'm sure he is still free to play at the tables but i have'nt sen him......
  • edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: Bring Back Webby - Petition : I'm sure the mods have done the right thing, just as I am sure Webby will be allowed back once he has served his time, but your post has given me a great idea thou Benny. When you post a picture, it says picture pending, so instead of a compleate ban, maybe the mods could vet the persons posts - then it would say post pending before it is allowed to go live. Any Thoughts Sky Rich?
    Posted by POKERTREV
    That'd be rather a lot of work, don't you agree? And the very essence of Forum Posts is that they are timely, & what is relevant at this moment, may not be in a few hours time. The convo would get all out of sync! In any event, it's like being pregnant (I imagine...) - you either are, or are not. I don't think there's a halfway house.

• edited January 2010
    When you post a picture, it says picture pending, so instead of a compleate ban, maybe the mods could vet the persons posts - then it would say post pending before it is allowed to go live. Any Thoughts Sky Rich?
    Posted by POKERTREV

it is an interesting idea but a community/ forum ban means just that... you are banned form the community and not permitted to post until your ban has expired.
  • edited January 2010
    i agree with tikay, if you have a delay before the post is accepted, the threads will be all over the place and the subject may well have moved on, and how you gonna vet every post on every thread on every forum section 24/7??
  • edited January 2010
    In Response to Bring Back Webby - Petition:
    Hi Guys. Has Webby Spun His Last Web? We all love to hate the guy, but deep down we all miss him right? Would you like to see Webby back? Cast Your Vote Now. Hope This Helps?
    Posted by POKERTREV
    Hi hunni
    yes innit...i do miss him..hope this helps :) xxxxx
  • edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: Bring Back Webby - Petition : That'd be rather a lot of work, don't you agree? And the very essence of Forum Posts is that they are timely, & what is relevant at this moment, may not be in a few hours time. The convo would get all out of sync! In any event, it's like being pregnant (I imagine...) - you either are, or are not. I don't think there's a halfway house.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Well it certainly would be a lot of work if it were applied to everyone, but maybe not so if it were only applied to people who had been reported for abuse in the forum. Unless you are telling me that there are thousands of people that have been reported for abuse?

Sky have already started a halfway house by giving people a chat ban but still allowing them to play poker. Most sites have a chat moderator and this works just fine. 

Out of sync it maybe, but if it has a valid point then its better than not being able to post at all.

Anyway Tikay, Should'nt you be on a ban after all the abuse you gave to our dear Lord Orford Lol.
  • edited January 2010
    In view  of  what ive heard, (through the grapevine) about  the post that got him removed .. Correct me if im wrong but he slated and verbally  abused a lady player . in 'The Shed' then to make sure it was seen he then posted it in 'General Chat'.... Now i never saw  the content  of it , but if that was the reason for him being chat banned then ...ask your self's this ?  Was that really a nice thing for him to have done ? Also  was that the truth of the Matter ? For me, IF that's the truth of it .....  then why would anyone want to  see him back here .. So ladies and gentlemen of the jury ....    it's your call !   For me  if he did verbally attack in writing a Lady player,   I'm wondering if she is still playing here .. or has she decided to go elsewhere ?  And if you were her, what would you do ?  Only Skypoker know what will happen .. So for me I hope we didn't lose a lady player over this incident.... And if we have lost  'webby'  then ...   "Who Can Ya Turn To ?"   
    Posted by bennydip2
    Hi Benny hunni
    Yes good point. My answer to bring him back is merely based on what I SAW of him and how he was with me.
    I too didn`t see the original script that got Webby banned.  x
  • edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: Bring Back Webby - Petition : Well it certainly would be a lot of work if it were applied to everyone, but maybe not so if it were only applied to people who had been reported for abuse in the forum. Unless you are telling me that there are thousands of people that have been reported for abuse? Sky have already started a halfway house by giving people a chat ban but still allowing them to play poker. Most sites have a chat moderator and this works just fine.  Out of sync it maybe, but if it has a valid point then its better than not being able to post at all. Anyway Tikay, Should'nt you be on a ban after all the abuse you gave to our dear Lord Orford Lol.
    Posted by POKERTREV
    I'm sorry Trev, but this is whooshing me a bit. What is the point of Suspending/Banning someone's Chat Privileges then allowing them to Post? Kinda defeats the whole idea, surely?

I have no issues with Webby, none at all. But it has to be said, you cannot get banned here without trying really hard to get Banned. It's not a "one minor indiscretion & they shoot you" thing. It's HARD to get a Chat Ban.

And I repeat, I have no issues with Webby, & I have absolutely no idea why he has been Chat Banned/Suspended. In fact, it's none of my business.

But I did see two earlier indiscretions here - & so did many others, prior to their Deletion - which were way out of line. I assume you would agree that it's "not reasonable" to make gratiously offensive remarks about the wife of a Forum Member? 

Really, every time someone picks up a chat Ban we get this "it's not fair" stuff. But how would we know? Can you think of one good reason why Sky Poker would deliberately annoy a paying Customer?

You just cannot get a chat ban easily here. It's their train set, they are entitled to make the Rules.

• edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: Bring Back Webby - Petition : I'm sorry Trev, but this is whooshing me a bit. What is the point of Suspending/Banning someone's Chat Privileges then allowing them to Post? Kinda defeats the whole idea, surely? I have no issues with Webby, none at all. But it has to be said, you cannot get banned here without trying really hard to get Banned. It's not a "one minor indiscretion & they shoot you" thing. It's HARD to get a Chat Ban. And I repeat, I have no issues with Webby, & I have absolutely no idea why he has been Chat Banned/Suspended. In fact, it's none of my business. But I did see two earlier indiscretions here - & so did many others, prior to their Deletion - which were way out of line. I assume you would agree that it's "not reasonable" to make gratiously offensive remarks about the  wife of a Forum Member?  Really, every time someone picks up a chat Ban we get this "it's not fair" stuff. But how would we know? Can you think of one good reason why Sky Poker would deliberately annoy a paying Customer? You just cannot get a chat ban easily here. It's their train set, they are entitled to make the Rules.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Hi TK Hunni
    Very good point..nuff said x
  • edited January 2010
    ive not voted but as has been stated webby was banned for a(good?) reason so it will not be overturned,i know a couple of really nice guys who have been banned but that does not excuse abuse.some people just get carried away because they are sat in the comfort of their own home and dont think of the consequences of abusing someone online. ps i'm sure he is still free to play at the tables but i have'nt sen him......
    Posted by DAVEYZZ
    I have seen him playing on the Site most days this week, in fact I said "Hi" to him one day. He won a Tourney here on Thursday, & played here yesterday, too.
  • edited January 2010
    It's their train set, they are entitled to make the Rules.
    Posted by Tikay10

Tikay, did you really have to mention Trains lol.

Anyway, I do agree with you as I have said in my previous posts, if you are abusive then you probably deserve it.

But I could'nt sleep last night and had nothing better to do with myself at 3.30am this morning as no one else was on the forum, apart from Lisa Long (LML) who was cowering away from the dancing man she had seen in a TKO post.
  • edited January 2010
    It's their train set, they are entitled to make the Rules. Posted by Tikay10
    Tikay, did you really have to mention Trains lol. Anyway, I do agree with you as I have said in my previous posts, if you are abusive then you probably deserve it. But I could'nt sleep last night and had nothing better to do with myself at 3.30am this morning as no one else was on the forum, apart from Lisa Long (LML) who was cowering away from the dancing man she had seen in a TKO post.
    Posted by POKERTREV

Lol, sorry, I can't help it - I'm OCD about trains. I'll try to keep future threads on track.
  • edited January 2010
    I'm OCD about trains. I'll try to keep future threads on track.
    Posted by Tikay10

"Hey, Where ya from?"
  • edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: Bring Back Webby - Petition : "Hey, Where ya from?"
    Posted by Sky_Rich
    Thanks for the Drum Roll Rich, Nice One.
  • edited January 2010

Lol.

You were not supposed to spot that!

What I meant to say was that I won't derail any more threads.
  • edited January 2010
    Lol. You were not supposed to spot that! What I meant to say was that I won't derail any more threads.
    Posted by Tikay10
    You're showing a great deal of engine-uity with these puns.
  • edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: Bring Back Webby - Petition : You're showing a great deal of engine-uity with these puns.
    Posted by MereNovice
    Of course - despite what Orford says, i'm not an old buffer.
  • edited January 2010
    Lol. You were not supposed to spot that! What I meant to say was that I won't derail any more threads.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Any more Tikay and I will Blow My Whistle lol Whooo Whooooo!
  • edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: Bring Back Webby - Petition : Any more Tikay and I will Blow My Whistle lol Whooo Whooooo!
    Posted by POKERTREV
    I wonder who will run out of Steam first ?
  • edited January 2010
    right that's enough guys.

anymore and i'll have to permanently station myself in this thread
  • edited January 2010
    right that's enough guys. anymore and i'll have to permanently station myself in this thread
    Posted by Sky_Rich
    Sorry

I shouldn't 'en carriage'  Tikay