You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Thursday Night Live on Sky Poker TV with Rich and Tikay ***show message thread***

edited January 2015 in Poker Chat

Groan.

An evening with Lord Smirk?

Into each life, a little rain must fall.

Comments

• edited January 2015
    Your next live show is tonight and it's the gruesome twosome back in the box seat... Sky Poker TV LIVE! Thursday 22nd January 2015 7pm-midnight
    Channel 861 or streamed from skypoker.com
     With Richard ‘I've done eight years with Tikay and aged twenty years in that time’ Orford...

...and Tony 'I've done eight years with Orford and I would have got less for murder' Kendall

And we're live once more from 7pm to do a whole evening of poker from your favourite card site. No doubt we'll feature action from the night's main event too, the £12,000 Bounty Hunter.

And playing tonight in it (and the mini) plus Skyping into the show will be...

KARL MAHRENHOLZ!

ROSS JARVIS!

and NEIL CHANNING!

All your usual input, if you please. Plus send in your... 

GAME-CHANGERS

What's the one thing you've done recently to tweak your game that's had the biggest impact on your results?

For instance- in recent months, I've introduced floating flops into my repertoire, I've been 2xing rather than 3xing in my opening bets and 3-betting out of position pre-flop, rather than just calling a raise. All have had a positive impact on my play.

Let's have yours!

Tonight we have a whole bunch of UKPC Quarter-Final Satellite seats to give away (worth £10.50).

To claim one, all you have to do is write in telling us why we should give it to you.

We'll dish them out to whoever we think is most deserving!

See you at 7!

• edited January 2015
    Game changer for me was switching to the 4 card variant of the game.
    Makes you think more about situations / opponents ranges / board textures. etc.

Also helps if you suffer from tilt as there aren't really "bad beats" as such.

Also and most importantly.......... ITS MORE FUN !!

Great show so far :-)
    Mick

**EDIT**
    Can you give a shout out for the PLO8 league tonight.
    Sky has kindly doubled the guarantee in the 8:40 one to £200 !!
  • edited January 2015
    It's only a little rain...

• edited January 2015
    In Response to Re: Thursday Night Live on Sky Poker TV with Rich and Tikay ***show message thread***:
    Game changer for me was switching to the 4 card variant of the game. Makes you think more about situations / opponents ranges / board textures. etc. Also helps if you suffer from tilt as there aren't really "bad beats" as such. Also and most importantly.......... ITS MORE FUN !! Great show so far :-) Mick
    Posted by VespaPX

It's definitely Tikay's best show so far, Mick.
  • edited January 2015
    In Response to Thursday Night Live on Sky Poker TV with Rich and Tikay ***show message thread***:
    ! As usual at around 11.30pm we'll award  tournament  seats from all the messages read out on air, as drawn randomly from our new-fangled tombola machine, if we can get Tikay to understand such high tech! See you there!
    Posted by RICHORFORD
    NOT A TOMBOLA!

... it's also broken.
  • edited January 2015
    As a DYM player The biggest change ive made is avoiding getting involved in avoidable 50/50 races and instead looking for better spots to get the chips in I've also learnt to analyse other players hand ranges to give me a better ideas of wether im ahead or behind. instead of looking at my 7 cards only and just guessing what my opponents may have

• edited January 2015
    i feel my game changer has been joining a team ( go team outlaws ) there has been a lot of talk on the forum the last couple of days for & against teams on sky poker but i feel the positives out way the negatives in players raising & improving there games with the help & support of there team mates . . . have a great show guys allways as watchable as ever best wishes TENTENTEN.
  • edited January 2015
    What's the one thing you've done recently to tweak your game that's had the biggest impact on your results?

I use to always call Small blinds even with rubbish hands such as 2-9 But now only call with a Good hands and Seen a big inprovment with my overall Play
  • edited January 2015
    Loving your work, guys.

Keep the messages coming please. We're on at 7 remember!
  • edited January 2015
    In Response to Re: Thursday Night Live on Sky Poker TV with Rich and Tikay ***show message thread***:
    Game changer for me was switching to the 4 card variant of the game. Makes you think more about situations / opponents ranges / board textures. etc. Also helps if you suffer from tilt as there aren't really "bad beats" as such. Also and most importantly.......... ITS MORE FUN !! Great show so far :-) Mick **EDIT** Can you give a shout out for the PLO8 league tonight. Sky has kindly doubled the guarantee in the 8:40 one to £200 !!
    Posted by VespaPX

THANKS MICK & TY SKY!!!!!!!!!!!

SKY JUST DOUBLED THE FOSP Hilo 8.40pm GAR!!!

£200

£200 Gar, for £2 Entry.....
    Is this the Biggest PLO8 on Sky EVER?????
  • edited January 2015
    for info....X

FOSP OMAHA HiLo PLO8 LEAGUE
                     Thurs 22th January Week 4

WELCOME TO THE FRIENDS OF SKY POKER OMAHA HI/LO LEAGUE
                A FUN AND FREINDLY SET OF GAMES THAT WON'T BUST THE BANK!
                                  EVERYONE IS WELCOME!

NO NEED TOO REGISTER  JUST PLAY AND                     

Brian Churchy18, League Manager WILL ADD UP THE SCORES AND   POST RESULTS HERE

SO EVERY THURSDAY WE WILL TAKE ALL THE RESULTS FROM THE FOLLOWING GAMES...  
                                 7.50pm £1.10 BUYIN
                                  8.25pm £5.50 BUYIN £100 GTD
                                  8.40pm £2.20 BUYIN F.O.S.P PL08 £200

9.20pm £1.10 BUYIN         

YOU MUST PLAY AT LEAST 2 TOURNAMENTS TO BE IN WITH A CHANCE!

SCORING WILL BE, 1ST PLACE=1POINT 2ND=2POINTS, etc
                      Aggregate of best TWO scores, ie lowest wins!!

WEEKLY WINNER WILL WIN SKY FREE ENTRY TO ALL TOURNIES THE FOLLOWING WEEK!!* TOO BE ELIGIBLE FOR THE MONTHLY PRIZE YOU MUST PLAY  
    3 WEEKS TOO BE IN WITH A CHANCE!
    BIG MONTHLY SKY ADDED VALUE PRIZE £33 B/HUNTER SEAT OR 3 x £11 weekly FOSP Hilo Entries
    [Dec Champion Cormach gets his 3nd week free tonight!!
    & last weeks winner botneck]

• edited January 2015
    interesting question. last year i specifically changed my style of play in hilo PLO8 dyms. i went from tight survival mode to loose aggro. then as others adapted to my new style it's been necessary to evolve it a few times. so i now have a few variants which i swap between depending on my mood and it is working. & if i may quote the great TK.

In Response to Re: Can an old dog learn new tricks?:
    In Response to Re: Can an old dog learn new tricks? : Morning Gelders, ...
     I'm perfectly happy for you to serial raise all day & night, & I never once complain, you do my work for me! Give me a table of raisers over a table of stations all day & twice on Sunday please. We shared 3 games last night, & both cashed in all three. LIKE. I, obviously, adapt my strategy for you,... You were, .... rampant , & I was very happy to stay out of your way whilst you busted all & sundry.   Don't think I can ever recall being 4 handed when one player - you in this case - had over 9,000 chips. Incred! 

You are chameleon like, the way you can change your game style so frequently & successfully. Great to see, different is good.  
    Posted by Tikay10

what is interesting is the why. it was following a chat with IrishRose who can play a little non-traditionally yet still get great results. and i thought why not experiment myself. and to do this i decided to try to play with an opposite style to my usual one and, well the rest is history.

have to love cut&paste and thks sky poker for asking the same question earlier

• edited January 2015
     I think a good change that people can make and which they don't think about enough is to consider playing a hand totally differently according to stack size.

To take an example...

A pocket pair of 3s on the button in a turbo tournament with 10bbs would be a reasonable shove if nobody has opened. The same hand with 25bbs would be a better spot to min-raise and fold to 3-bet. If you had 36bbs then you could min-raise and 4-bet shove if the bb 3-bets. With 60bbs you could just call and try to flop a set.

I often see people getting blinded by the actual two cards and not thinking enough about stack size or the situation of the game (is it a tournament? a cash game? near the bubble? etc).

It's almost like they are saying "mmm...two 3s...a chance to flop a set" and they think of that being the "job" of that hand every time. As usual in poker the answer is often it depends...
  • edited January 2015

I'm playing the Mini and the Main tonight by the way and I may even pop-up on Skype. Good luck to all.

(hope I don't get dealt a tricky pair of threes).
  • edited January 2015

Keep those game-changers coming, plus..this just in!

Tonight we have a whole bunch of UKPC Quarter-Final Satellite seats to give away (worth £10.50).

To claim one, all you have to do is write in telling us why we should give it to you.

We'll dish them out to whoever we think is most deserving!

• edited January 2015

Have a good show guys.
    For various reasons I've not been able to play as much as I'd like in 2015,  probably down 50%.
    Result:  My "profit" has gone up 50%!  I might not play at all in February!!  ;-))

• edited January 2015
    Good Evening Fella's! Hope you have a great show. I think the biggest thing ive done recently is to commit to never getting tilted! Getting tilted achieves nothing so no matter what happens there's always another game just around the corner so just smile, take the bad beat in your stride & carry on!
    Stuart
  • edited January 2015

its good to see you both on the show tonight.

• edited January 2015
    its good to see you both on the show tonight.
    Posted by aussie09
    Thank you Rob.

Were you just being polite, or did you include Lord Smirk intentionally?

5 hours of torture await me. I'll try to be (reasonably) nice to him.
  • edited January 2015
    And the main event just got more exciting than it already is-

Playing tonight in it (and the mini) plus Skyping into the show will be

KARL MAHRENHOLZ!

ROSS JARVIS!

and NEIL CHANNING!

Make sure you're in this game now- don't forget that late reg semi at 7.15pm!
  • edited January 2015
    And the main event just got more exciting than it already is- Playing tonight in it (and the mini) plus Skyping into the show will be KARL MAHRENHOLZ! ROS JARVIS! and NEIL CHANNING! Make sure you're in this game now- don't forget that late reg semi at 7.15pm!
    Posted by RICHORFORD

You have got to be kidding me.

FOUR exclamation marks in 2 sentences?

Excessive use of exclamation marks is the sure sign of a poor writer.

totes ridic
  • edited January 2015
    In Response to Re: Thursday Night Live on Sky Poker TV with Rich and Tikay ***show message thread*** : You have got to be kidding me. FOUR exclamation marks in 2 sentences? Excessive use of exclamation marks is the sure sign of a poor writer. totes ridic
    Posted by Tikay10
    Phew! That was close.  "5 exclamation marks, the sure sign of an insane mind" - Terry Pratchett.
  • edited January 2015
    In Response to Re: Thursday Night Live on Sky Poker TV with Rich and Tikay ***show message thread*** : Phew! That was close.  "5 exclamation marks, the sure sign of an insane mind" - Terry Pratchett.
    Posted by Glenelg
    but in typical Rich style there was a typo - it should have been five!!!!!
  • edited January 2015
    Great Show So Far Guys - the Dream Team is Back!

Game Changers!!!

Play hands in position!

Play Hi Lo!
  • edited January 2015
    Do we know what Sky presenters and experts will be at the UKPC yet?
  • edited January 2015
    hi guys great show so far , it would be  even better if I got a satellite into UKPC :)

P S  my game changer is playing less cash game and more  satellites. Finding my money going further and enjoying trying to get into bigger tourneys for less money. Best I done so far is a 3rd in a £55 bounty hunter
  • edited January 2015
    Good evening Mr Orford and Sir Tikay.
    The one thing that i have done that has changed my game, is to join the outlaws team, it has made me play  as though some one is watching me,so i think a lot more about my decisions.
    All the best.
     Rainman397
    P.s has anyone mentioned the £2.20 @2.20 deepstack.
  • edited January 2015
    Grey jacket, grey shirt, grey hair, are you going for a camouflage against the gray sofa look Richard?
  • edited January 2015
    evening chaps! the reason why i deserve a free seat the 1st week when the ukpc sats started i was sat 1 afternoon and thought i would invest £1 into the 1st sat i managed to win my way all the way to the final and bubled it pocket 10s cracked by a2! it hurt for quiet a while and now iv decided i need to panic and get in there!!!
  • edited January 2015
    Evening Rich and Tikay. Are you both well?

I deserve the UKPC satellite seat because nothing else in my life is going right.

Only joking, I'm grand... and I don't want the seat anyway. I couldn't make it to Notts.

Have a bonny show, chaps.