You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Thursday Night Live on Sky Poker TV with Rich and Tikay ***show message thread***

Comments

• edited January 2015
    I should win a seat in to UKPC Quater final Due to the fact that I have to Deal with Losing with  QUADS TO A ROYAL FLUSH Last night HEARTBREAKING I WAS HEARTBROKEN !!

Odds are 2.7 BILLION TO 1 !!!! :(:(:(
  • edited January 2015
    Game changer for me was watching poker on the T.V. Obvs this show but also all the EPT,WSOP, Poker after dark etc. These always have expert professional commentary on them. It has introduced me to concepts,styles of play and tactics that I probably wouldn't have worked out for myself. 
     Why do I deserve a UKPC sat seat? In the recent months, I've become a father for the 3rd time and my poker budget has taken the obvs bashing from the requirements a large Clan requires, therefore a Sat seat would be a most welcome addition to my BR. Think of it as investing in my kids future because I won't have to choose between them and poker if I go on to win the event itself. 
  • edited January 2015
    I think I am the most deserving because I always post on every show thread, I praise the presenter (even when it is not Richard) and try to keep all the moaning minnies that are poker players smiling with my amusing posts.
  • edited January 2015
    I would love to win a win a free seat due to the fact It can save me  £10 So Then  i can go and  Buy A chinese and Enjoy eating while playing In quater finals 

• edited January 2015
    Long shot for a seat but.........

Day 1A is on my birthday and its Friday the 13th !

What could possibly go wrong :-)

Soz not watching as its PLO8 night and laptop cant handle Rich on the tellybox as well as 4 tables !
  • edited January 2015
    Quote from Mr Orford "It's not as if he's in Devon and can use that as an excuse".

Would you care to explain that derogatory reference, Rich?

Ian (from Plymouth.)
  • edited January 2015
    Sorry got my birthday wrong....its the 22nd :-)))
  • edited January 2015
    Tikay - you got something right, the best part of Devon is one of the quickest ways out of it!

FCHD - proudly in Cornwall.
  • edited January 2015
    In Response to Re: Thursday Night Live on Sky Poker TV with Rich and Tikay ***show message thread***:
    I should win a seat in to UKPC Quater final Due to the fact that I have to Deal with Losing with  QUADS TO A ROYAL FLUSH Last night HEARTBREAKING I WAS HEARTBROKEN !! Odds are 2.7 BILLION TO 1 !!!! :(:(:(
    Posted by whitebeast
    I think I should get a free UKPC QF seat due to my luckiest FISHing trip last night :).

Runner, Runner, Runner, Runner, Royal Flush

and it rivered on a RED KING, at odds of infinity +1
  • edited January 2015
    I've found the fold button...
  • edited January 2015
    In Response to Re: Thursday Night Live on Sky Poker TV with Rich and Tikay ***show message thread***:
    I would love to win a win a free seat due to the fact It can save me  £10 So Then  i can go and  Buy A chinese and Enjoy eating while playing In quater finals 
    Posted by whitebeen

You know it makes sence :D
  • edited January 2015
    FCHD is right in that the railway is the quickest way out of Devon but I would point out that it's even easier (and cheaper) to get out of Cornwall. It only costs £1.50 via the Tamar Bridge.

Just kidding, I love Cornwall too. I spent some years working there and have holidayed there all my life.I also had a Cornish grandmother.
  • edited January 2015
    After a disaster hour on cash I managed to satellite into the Main event through the Late Reg sat. Bring it on.

Is there another cash hour later in which I could send a hand in for?
  • edited January 2015
    Good evening Mr Orford and Sir Tikay.
    I think Truly56 should get the UKPC seat, as she is always very polite on the tables and i have never seen her get upset, even when suffering a bad beat.
    All the best.
    Rainman397
    -p.s has anyone mentioned the £2.20 @2.20 deepstack.
  • edited January 2015
    I think i deserve the seat because instead of being sat watchjng the show my hes has taken control of the tv and is watching days worth of eastenders hollyoaks and corination street that she has missed, so i dont know what the seat is for, but i am sure i deserve it. 
  • edited January 2015
    Just to cheer you up, here are a few anagrams:

Richard Orford - Horrid Ford Car

Tony Kendall - Talked Nylon

Anna Fowler - A Lean Frown

Neil Channing - Enhancing Nil

Karl Mahrenholz was a bit beyond me.
  • edited January 2015

Evening Tony/Richard,

Your adversarial repartee got me thinking of which double act you two remind me of, and here's the shortlist:

Les Dennis & Dustin Gee

Chuckle Brothers

Statler and Waldorf

Derek and Clive without the potty mouths

Hinge & Bracket

Do a Micheal Miles.............................. (TYP)

My game changer has been using a lucky penny to decide whether to fold or raise, it helped me thru 3 sats on my way to DTD next month  -  sorry for the 4 or 5 bad beats I handed out on the way.

Cheers

Dave

• edited January 2015
    Tikay, where do you stand on the following:

1) Milk in scrambled eggs?

2) Pepper or other seasonings in scrambled eggs?
  • edited January 2015
    Good evening Richard and tikay hope your both well I feel I deserve a seat into the ukpc quarter final as I need a chance to show my talents on a tv table thanks.
  • edited January 2015
    I think it's a north south thing gents

I grew up with Veinites - I lived in Kent.

My Lancashire wife remembers Barley.

• edited January 2015
    In Response to Re: Thursday Night Live on Sky Poker TV with Rich and Tikay ***show message thread*** : I think I should get a free UKPC QF seat due to my luckiest FISHing trip last night :). Runner, Runner, Runner, Runner,  Royal Flush #864474086 and it rivered on a RED KING , at odds of infinity +1
    Posted by Red_King
    Tourney was last night, 21 Jan '15 at 17:00, £2.5k B/Hunter FR, hand #864474086
  • edited January 2015
    I think I should get a seat to ease my disappointment as I've been watching the program via the internet and now the connection is broken :(

back up now but missed the last 5 mins :(
  • edited January 2015
    My biggest game changer this year is sticking to stricter bankroll management and it's working so far.

I think I should win the UKPC satellite seat because I played the 6max last year and it was my first TV poker appearance.  Turned out my first TV poker hand was also my first TV poker bust out hand and my friends like to remind me of this by repeating Sam Grafton's and Orford's commentary to me so I'd like a chance to redeem myself!
  • edited January 2015
    My stream froze, look what face I was stuck with for about 3 minutes.

• edited January 2015
    i NEED a UKPC sat seat, i usually play a nice quiet game of PLO8, but there is one little old man who follows me around, and does nothing but tries to steal my big blind, he chatters non stop, tells us when he needs a toilet break, and he thinks I'm from BURY!!!

Please pleasse please get me away from him, give me a seat

PS Rich your my fave!!!

Mother

xxxx
  • edited January 2015
    I would like a seat as I think that the show is extremely well produced, in fact, I would go as far as saying it's the best produced poker show there is. I don't have pepper, Richard makes me laugh and I've just been knocked out of the main...
  • edited January 2015
    Ok a begging letter for fun, I entered a guess the hand comp a while ago and won but I said give the prize to 2nd place. Is it not time to balance the books
  • edited January 2015
    What's the one thing you've done recently to tweak your game that's had the biggest impact on your results?

Well ive finally decided to use a bit of Bank Roll Management.

With a BR of £0... i can enter 0 tournaments all day, every day of the year.

Its improved my results to no end.

Rich... you should try it.

Have a good show.
  • edited January 2015
    I deserve a seat as nobody knows about my nickname and im too drunk to know what tourney the seat is for. Southern comfort ftw.
  • edited January 2015
    The only things I have changed this year have been for the worse so can't add anything.

and I am not going to beg shamelesly for a seat and demean myself or the show. 

So I'll just ask once, nicely, please can I have seat.

(PS I call veinites)

(PPS Tell the producer I have found the cctv footage of the christmas party)