You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Crazy bad runs

2»

Comments

• edited January 2015
    In Response to Re: Crazy bad runs:
    ''It explains these "clusters" of wins or losses.   "clusters" of 8 or 9 are perfectly normal. Nothing to do with software, or poker really. Just the facts. We cannot avoid, no matter what we do, these clusters. '' Been running pretty awfully in MTT's lately (evil cluster) but I recently ran ridiculously well in DYM's (way above my normal %) (good cluster).
    Posted by HENDRIK62
    For those of you still interested my bad run has continued since I started this post. My run of 40 DYM's has become 50 and I have just lost another when I called all in pre flop with AA against 22 and a 2 came on the turn. I just don't what to do anymore. I am not sure it should be called a cluster more of a buster!
  • edited January 2015
    In Response to Re: Crazy bad runs : For those of you still interested my bad run has continued since I started this post. My run of 40 DYM's has become 50 and I have just lost another when I called all in pre flop with AA against 22 and a 2 came on the turn. I just don't what to do anymore. I am not sure it should be called a cluster more of a buster!
    Posted by Buttonoli
    All the confirmation I need.

Close the site, pronto.
  • edited January 2015
    Hi

I will be very interedted when this reaches 1000 sample

As TJ said just last week was on a heater.

My serious advise bit:

If this bad run is hurting your bankrole / confidence or mood then drop down a level.  Also (obvioulsy not on about you calling with AA) are you calling more than you are shoving with? Sometimes we can fall into trap of wanting to get the opponent to commit amd take a flip etc. I find in my DYM sessions winning hands pre flop normally sets me up. If I never get to showdown and have to show my cards I will always cash the DYM :) Worth looking at

Hope ends soon and you go back to heater days like last week
  • edited January 2015
    Hi I will be very interedted when this reaches 1000 sample As TJ said just last week was on a heater. My serious advise bit: If this bad run is hurting your bankrole / confidence or mood then drop down a level.  Also (obvioulsy not on about you calling with AA) are you calling more than you are shoving with? Sometimes we can fall into trap of wanting to get the opponent to commit amd take a flip etc. I find in my DYM sessions winning hands pre flop normally sets me up. If I never get to showdown and have to show my cards I will always cash the DYM :) Worth looking at Hope ends soon and you go back to heater days like last week
    Posted by Nuggy962
    Thanks for the advice, but if anything I think I am doing the opposite. I am so scared to get I am trying to win the pot at the earliest opportunity and therefore I am not getting paid off. But I agree if I never show then I usually cash (historically),anyway just doubled for the first time in 4 days ish. Could this be the end..............
  • edited January 2015
    In Response to Re: Crazy bad runs : Thanks for the advice, but if anything I think I am doing the opposite. I am so scared to get I am trying to win the pot at the earliest opportunity and therefore I am not getting paid off. But I agree if I never show then I usually cash (historically),anyway just doubled for the first time in 4 days ish. Could this be the end..............
    Posted by Buttonoli
    No the feeling, hopefully a mini turn around :)

Run well
  • edited January 2015
    In Response to Re: Crazy bad runs : Thanks for the advice, but if anything I think I am doing the opposite. I am so scared to get I am trying to win the pot at the earliest opportunity and therefore I am not getting paid off. But I agree if I never show then I usually cash (historically),anyway just doubled for the first time in 4 days ish. Could this be the end..............
    Posted by Buttonoli
    Morning Mr Button.

Good to see you seem to be back on the upswing now. Hope you keep it going.

Really, a 40 game downswing is not out of the ordinary, & I'm sure you'll be just fine.

Good luck.
  • edited January 2015
    In Response to Re: Crazy bad runs : Morning Mr Button.   Good to see you seem to be back on the upswing now. Hope you keep it going. Really, a 40 game downswing is not out of the ordinary, & I'm sure you'll be just fine. Good luck.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Thanks for that - I wouldn't be a poker player if I didn't get grumpy from time to time!
  • edited January 2015
    In Response to Re: Crazy bad runs : Thanks for that - I wouldn't be a poker player if I didn't get grumpy from time to time!
    Posted by Buttonoli

• edited January 2015
    Button, I really think you should see where you are after 1000-2000 games at least. 40-50 game swings are nothing to be honest. You also said that you are that scared of getting sucked out etc, youre overshoving hands etc.  This will also contribute to negative results, if your game is solid you need to stick to what youre good at and have a look at where you are once youve reached a 1000 games at least.

As for "the cash out curse" I find that poor and/or inexperienced players are the people that mostly say this. Usually after a rare win they cash out then blame this when another bink fails to come their way.
  • edited January 2015
    im amazed we don't have to wait 5 minutes per street as the software works out who exactly has cashed out when, applied the big stack always wins logic, modified for player favoured by SKY, and then made sure its an action beat rather than just a simple outdraw.

Whoever coded all that wants a medal!
  • edited February 2015
    Button, I really think you should see where you are after 1000-2000 games at least. 40-50 game swings are nothing to be honest. You also said that you are that scared of getting sucked out etc, youre overshoving hands etc.  This will also contribute to negative results, if your game is solid you need to stick to what youre good at and have a look at where you are once youve reached a 1000 games at least. As for "the cash out curse" I find that poor and/or inexperienced players are the people that mostly say this. Usually after a rare win they cash out then blame this when another bink fails to come their way.
    Posted by cowhead
    Hi Cowhead,

Thanks for your post. I have played in excess of 2000 games and have a very good shaped graph on Sharkscope so what you say is true, however my graph has taken a serious nosedive far greater than anything I have experienced before. 
  • edited February 2015
    Hi All, update on my bad run which sadly has continued. It now spans 241 games and has cost me 30% of my total profit painstakingly built up over 3 years. That is game 2070 to 2311. On 17th Jan I had a profit of £1229 and I now have profit of £812. So its been a painful, miserable last 28 days. Can all the people that I regularly play against take some pity please!
  • edited February 2015
    Hi All, update on my bad run which sadly has continued. It now spans 241 games and has cost me 30% of my total profit painstakingly built up over 3 years. That is game 2070 to 2311. On 17th Jan I had a profit of £1229 and I now have profit of £812. So its been a painful, miserable last 28 days. Can all the people that I regularly play against take some pity please!
    Posted by Buttonoli
    Yeah , must be terrible for ya!!! I feel ur pain.

U must be the worst player ever mush,, OMFG

Hope it turns around x