You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

People having trouble connecting to Sky Poker/Sky Bet

edited February 2015 in Poker Chat

Hi

If you are one could you please post in this thread whether you are having trouble or not, I have already started a thread on this http://community.ee.co.uk/t5/Home-Broadband/Crazy-connection-problem/td-p/263628

Thanks

Comments

• edited January 2015
    I'm the other guy that posted on there having similar issues mate. Getting pretty frustrating now after week+ of not been able to play a mani and 2 rollers missed
  • edited January 2015
    In Response to Re: People having trouble connecting to Sky Poker/Sky Bet:
    I'm the other guy that posted on there having similar issues mate. Getting pretty frustrating now after week+ of not been able to play a mani and 2 rollers missed
    Posted by Lambert180
    On a positive note, think of all the money you've saved yourself.
  • edited January 2015
    It would appear I also have this same problem, if anyones knows how to fix it, that would be splendid
  • edited January 2015
    I see it's EE not heard of anything with them.
    But recently virgin & bt have amended there parental guidance t's & c's causing problems just wonder if EE are up to the same thing?
  • edited January 2015
    Suspect this will be a Sky issue soon. They announced they are complying with the Govt wish for a default opt-out for age appropriate content.

Just hope Sky make it more obvious as to how to opt back in for skypoker.
  • edited January 2015
    Hi Guys,

Are you able to advise if it is a problem when logging in, or a problem with the table not loading?

Thanks
    Sam
  • edited January 2015
    This end after about 7:30pm-ish the download client will fail to get to the log in stage and will say Network Error. The website will fail to load and will timeout. This also applies to SkyBet.

Everything starts working again around 9:30-10pm.
  • edited January 2015
  • edited January 2015
    not sure if it's part of the same problem but my table keeps connecting/disconnecting have checked my wifi and all seems fine and am playing on another well known poker site to see if the same is happening but only seems to be affecting skypoker.

kind regards

• edited January 2015
    This end after about 7:30pm-ish the download client will fail to get to the log in stage and will say Network Error. The website will fail to load and will timeout. This also applies to SkyBet. Everything starts working again around 9:30-10pm.
    Posted by Llamas
    This, but it gets worse on sundays for the last 2 sundays I havent been able to log in all day. The guy on EE has told me to do this:

XRaySpeX wrote:

I have a (conspiracy) theory that would explain why it is only EE during the times 19:00 to 22:00, if it were true!

During those times, which will be Sky's busy period, their PC client uses P2P protocols which we know EE throttles at its peak times. Outside that period their PC client reverts to ordinary protocols, like HTTP & Telnet, and EE no longer throttles it .

If you run in a Command Window the reoccurring command 'netstat /b 5' while you are playing and keep an eye on the port no. of the Foreign Address for skypoker.com you might discover more. I did it for PartyPoker and it's using HTTPS. Or it could be the Local Address; I'm not sure.

Trouble is P2P is not just 1 particular port. I don't know much about it but this may help: Identifying P2P users using traffic analysis

• edited January 2015
    In Response to Re: People having trouble connecting to Sky Poker/Sky Bet : This, but it gets worse on sundays for the last 2 sundays I havent been able to log in all day. The guy on EE has told me to do this: XRaySpeX wrote: I have a (conspiracy) theory that would explain why it is only EE during the times 19:00 to 22:00, if it were true !   During those times, which will be Sky's busy period, their PC client uses P2P protocols which we know EE throttles at its peak times. Outside that period their PC client reverts to ordinary protocols, like HTTP & Telnet, and EE no longer throttles it .   If you run in a Command Window the reoccurring command 'netstat /b 5 ' while you are playing and keep an eye on the port no. of the Foreign Address for skypoker.com you might discover more. I did it for PartyPoker and it's using HTTPS. Or it could be the Local Address; I'm not sure.   Trouble is P2P is not just 1 particular port. I don't know much about it but this may help: Identifying P2P users using traffic analysis
    Posted by HaveaA1Day
    I agree that Sundays seem to be worse. I've had netstart /b 5 running in anticipation of a boot in the next hour or so, so maybe an inaccuracy will pop up at time of boot.
  • edited January 2015
    In Response to Re: People having trouble connecting to Sky Poker/Sky Bet : I agree that Sundays seem to be worse. I've had netstart /b 5 running in anticipation of a boot in the next hour or so, so maybe an inaccuracy will pop up at time of boot.
    Posted by Llamas
    Forgot to mention that booting from the download client happens if logged into the download at the time that it goes down.

FYI - Can access skypoker.com landing page during "downtimes" through a VPN but altering DNS settings fails.
  • edited January 2015
    Went down at 19:32 and came back on just now.
  • edited January 2015
    I don't think his is the same error talked about here, but there is a serious problem with the software. sometimes you get the error pop up box and you know the application is going to close down within a minute or so and other times it's just random, but all the tables freeze and turn a light colour and the application closes down. It's cost me a small fortune and I'm sure I'm not the only one who experiences this as it happens 3/4 times a session and is an absolute nightmare when you're multitabling and in middle of a hand.
  • edited January 2015
    In Response to Re: People having trouble connecting to Sky Poker/Sky Bet : This, but it gets worse on sundays for the last 2 sundays I havent been able to log in all day. The guy on EE has told me to do this: XRaySpeX wrote: I have a (conspiracy) theory that would explain why it is only EE during the times 19:00 to 22:00, if it were true !   During those times, which will be Sky's busy period, their PC client uses P2P protocols which we know EE throttles at its peak times. Outside that period their PC client reverts to ordinary protocols, like HTTP & Telnet, and EE no longer throttles it .   If you run in a Command Window the reoccurring command 'netstat /b 5 ' while you are playing and keep an eye on the port no. of the Foreign Address for skypoker.com you might discover more. I did it for PartyPoker and it's using HTTPS. Or it could be the Local Address; I'm not sure.   Trouble is P2P is not just 1 particular port. I don't know much about it but this may help: Identifying P2P users using traffic analysis
    Posted by HaveaA1Day
    What brand of bananas is he smoking?

• edited January 2015
    Down from 19:42 - 21:57 and much more of a stable connection at 22:05.

Netstat showed a big surge of entries under skypoker.exe at 19:22 and has slowed down remarkably since being let back on.

No close to an answer but P2P protocols would still make sense.
  • edited January 2015
    In Response to Re: People having trouble connecting to Sky Poker/Sky Bet : Forgot to mention that booting from the download client happens if logged into the download at the time that it goes down. FYI - Can access skypoker.com landing page during "downtimes" through a VPN but altering DNS settings fails.
    Posted by Llamas
    Yeh thats same for me if I use a proxy I can get to the Sky webapge when am down.
    I don't think his is the same error talked about here, but there is a serious problem with the software. sometimes you get the error pop up box and you know the application is going to close down within a minute or so and other times it's just random, but all the tables freeze and turn a light colour and the application closes down. It's cost me a small fortune and I'm sure I'm not the only one who experiences this as it happens 3/4 times a session and is an absolute nightmare when you're multitabling and in middle of a hand.
    Posted by haidyboy
    Yeh also had this to you get that 'Network Error, timeout 504' pop up. But never happens that much in each session only when I get booted and the blackout begins, if its costing you money you should get onto support and see if they will refund you some money. They have done it to me twice, but refused me tonight, probabaly cause its happened in such quick sucession.
    Down from 19:42 - 21:57 and much more of a stable connection at 22:05. Netstat showed a big surge of entries under skypoker.exe at 19:22 and has slowed down remarkably since being let back on. No close to an answer but P2P protocols would still make sense.
    Posted by Llamas
    I got this it went from 2 ports at around 18:20 and as we got closer to blackout time it was using a mixture of 5 different ports. Then in the sess I just played from 00:00 - 02:00 it was just back to those 2 ports that it was using at 18:20, then near to end of sess it was back to just using the 1 port like it did this afternoon when I was messing around with netstat.

I spoke with EE support again and they got me waiting on them again, fat lot of good the last one did, but they said it would be fixed in the next 72 hrs, not getting my hopes up.

Think the best thing we should do is all work on getting an email togetehr with all the various info and send it to EE and Sky and cc everybody who is affected. So would be good if we could put our emails in this thread. Because this constant to and fro with EE and Sky is making me want to smash my head through a wall :) .
  • edited January 2015
    Posted by haidyboy
    I had this too happen with the dl software... so gone back to browser and zero problems.
  • edited January 2015
    my internet connection(sky broadband) has been going on/off all week long
    added to that the network error also pops up adding to loss of connection on top of internet connection losses.
    i think in this day & age it is poor putting it mildly, as all disconnections cost you money especially when multi-tabling as I normally do.
    i am now playing just 1x nl4 cash table & will do so for the foreseeable & see how things go.
    if things don't improve I'll play over at 888, simple as.

• edited January 2015
    Must admit I've also had a few problems at the start of the week so not bothered playing on SkyPoker since as flopped a couple of boats and lost connection!
  • edited January 2015
    yep, i can only load one table from the download and the other from the i.e please fix.

thank you!
  • edited January 2015
    Had problems around midday today trying to connect to the site(sky poker.com)

Kept getting,!.E not responding due to long running script while trying to connect to sky(what ever that means?)
  • edited January 2015
    Yeah me too..... Lost a lot if features like find a player, my tables. Then boom, can not log in. 

Is there a response from sky on this yet? So very specific data from a lot of people with times
  • edited February 2015
    Definitely think we should all work together on an email, then fire it off to EE and Sky, because we cant keep going on like this, its bad during the week getting shut out of the games for 3+ hrs but weekends are far worse I haven't been able to get on all day Saturday, and it will be the same again tomorrow.

For you guys that are losing money to these disconnects you should be getting onto support to get them to refund you your money, they have done it twice so far for me, didn't do it on Friday night though maybe because I have requested it in quick succession.
  • edited February 2015
    Ok guys I just sent them this:

Hi

I spoke with one of your colleagues on Friday about the problem I am having, she said you would contact me by email once you had ran your tests etc. But I feel I need to send you this email because this will be the second time you have said give us 48-72 hrs to fix this problem and so far of last night it was still unresolved.

So I will start at the beginning I moved to a site called SkyPoker.com a few months back, and right from the start I was suffering with lagging when I tried to play more than 4 tables, I contacted you guys about this, but you said there was no problem as did Skypoker at there end, so I just put it down to maybe my computer being old, so continued to struggle on with it over the last couple of months.

But the problem I am having and at least 4 other people now, is that since Sunday Jan 18th - think this was when I first experienced this problem - is that Saturdays and Sundays we cant open up Skypoker's desktop client or get onto Skypoker's website from around midday right up until 22:30pm and Weekdays its from 7pm - 10:30pm, this as been costing me and the other people a lot of time and money. We would like to either be compensated and the problem quickly resolved as this problem like I have stated as been going on for over 2 weeks now, or our contracts to be terminated with no liability to pay them off, so we can go with an ISP that can provide us with a full internet service.

Here is the thread I started on this problem in your forum http://community.ee.co.uk/t5/Home-Broadband/Crazy-connection-problem/td-p/263628 the guy that has been trying to help us seems to think the problem is that when SkyPoker gets busy it switches to a P2P Protocol, as you will see in this thread that seems to be the case, then EE see's this and throttles/blocks it, because outside of the hours I stated above we are all able to access the SkyPoker client and there website. I have also started a thread on the SkyPoker forums https://www.skypoker.com/secure/poker/sky_lobby?action=show_static&page=poker_community_forums&plckForumPage=ForumDiscussion&plckDiscussionId=Cat%3a57795ac2-1793-4377-b4cf-e124b0f555f4Forum%3adf77f82c-151f-4bea-aae1-fb423dcae1faDiscussion%3a77a27dc9-9a9d-439c-a243-cc3df998ec08

Also if you would like to speak with someone at SkyPoker, they gave me this email to contact them support@skybet.com . We would greatly appreciate you sorting this matter out, and saving us the further hassle of leaving you for another ISP.

• edited February 2015
    Still no end in sight with this s***t, waiting on a call from the Critical Faults Team in the UK. For you guys that are still struggling with this, and have a dongle laying around like me from a 3 contract I use to have might be worth checking these guys out https://mobi-data.co.uk/uk/en/ got a free trial that am going to test when I get blacked out later.
  • edited February 2015

During those times, which will be Sky's busy period, their PC client uses P2P protocols which we know EE throttles at its peak times. Outside that period their PC client reverts to ordinary protocols, like HTTP & Telnet, and EE no longer throttles it .

By the time Skynet became self-aware it had spread into millions of computer servers across the planet. Ordinary computers in office buildings, dorm rooms; everywhere. It was software; in cyberspace. There was no system core; it could not be shutdown. The attack began at 6:18 PM, just as he said it would. Judgment Day. 

• edited February 2015
    I haven't been able to get tables to load since October....!
  • edited February 2015
    Has anybody else had this problem again today.
    I have been unable to load any sky site or run the download client until 10.30pm when it just came back on.
    I am also on EE.
  • edited February 2015
    Has anybody else had this problem again today. I have been unable to load any sky site or run the download client until 10.30pm when it just came back on. I am also on EE.
    Posted by MrJoeBlogs
    Yeh weekends are the worst, pretty much cant get on, weirdly though on Friday I was able to use my EE connection to play during the usual weekday black out period.