You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Tonight's LIVE Sky Poker TV show- with Orf and Stapes! ***show thread***

edited February 2015 in Poker Chat
HAve a good show guys.  Will be railing.
My vote goes too...........

"ONE TIME!!! "  

P.S.  Well done on NOT letting Stapes come up with the comp!  ;-)))

oh & last longer plz

Comments

• edited February 2015
    Your next live show is tonight and, with Ross moving on to pastures new, it looks like I'll be rekindling a budding alternative bromance... Sky Poker TV LIVE! Sunday 1st February 2015 7pm-midnight
    Channel 861 or streamed from skypoker.com
     With Richard ‘...and this is a building’ Orford

...and Joe 'I don't know what the subtitles read, but I'll be in big trouble if they're what I'm actually saying' Stapleton

And we're live on the stroke of 7pm for what promises to be another five-hour pokertainment blockbuster. 
    They'll be laughs, they'll be poker, they'll be your messages, they'll be THE £25,000 MEGA ROLLER, they'll be THE UKPC FINAL, and they'll be much else besides!
    Please send in as much as you like to the show to be read out to the rest of the community and viewing audience.
    Everyone who has a message read out, or a hand request shown, goes in the hat from which we'll draw three winners at around 11.30pm of Turbo Tuesday main event seats.
    Joe and I will think of subjects throughout the night for you to fire in your thoughts on, but to get the ball rolling before the show, how about..? 

POKER CLICHES

What do people do or say in poker which have been done to death and have therefore lost all meaning.

For example- when two opponents turn their cards over on the river and and it turns out they had the same hand all along- at least one of then, often both of them, will exclaim in the chatbox 'Nice hand!'

I know this, because I did it myself only the other day. 

What other ones have you come across, or are guilty of committing yourself?

See you at 7!

• edited February 2015
    when im playing live i have a bad habbit of when the flop comes down all the same suit, i have to shout rainbow. i dont know why, it was funny the first time now people just look at me as if too say, cant wait to put my chips in against the fat guy. 

but the main one i see is, sky is rigged that always happen to me on the river! suddenly everyones a hellmuth
  • edited February 2015
    It's gotta be the classic one when playing live! We have an all in situation and there is a NIT who hasn't played a hand for the last hour and is all in (normally has Aces or Kings and has the opponent crushed!) who will decide now is a great time to stand up and collect his belongings and put his jacket on even before the dealer has dealt the flop ... Stating that it's not "his night" and won't win this all in ... Of course they win the hand and the whole table sighs as the NIT is still in and undoubtedly goes onto to make the final table!

Kev
  • edited February 2015
    "Rainbow! One time!"

Good start guys- liking it, more please!
  • edited February 2015
    In Response to Re: Tonight's LIVE Sky Poker TV show- with Orf and Stapes! ***show thread***:
    It's gotta be the classic one when playing live! We have an all in situation and there is a NIT who hasn't played a hand for the last hour and is all in (normally has Aces or Kings and has the opponent crushed!) who will decide now is a great time to stand up and collect his belongings and put his jacket on even before the dealer has dealt the flop ... Stating that it's not "his night" and won't win this all in ... Of course they win the hand and the whole table sighs as the NIT is still in and undoubtedly goes onto to make the final table! Kev
    Posted by AllInKev
    Oh yeah, that one really annoys me!
  • edited February 2015
    Hi guys

Great show as per (or at least I assume it will be when it starts)  I love it when the villain (or it could be me) hits their one outer on the river and says "sorry", Yeah like they're really really sorry (not).
  • edited February 2015
  • edited February 2015

up there is, "great show tonight, rich"

ps  great show tonight, rich.

• edited February 2015
    Has to be the universal slagging off of your poker skills, Rich. If that hasn't been done to death I don't know what has.
  • edited February 2015
    GG WP is one i see a lot (and use myself)..........

When you really mean... i'm glad you're out i've just laddered :-)
  • edited February 2015
    Pretty Sure Tikay always quotes "Limps are for Wimps"

Yet recently when profiled on the show in a main event did he raise? did he fold? couldn't believe It

He did a HORACE (wimp limp)

Thank Goodnes Stapes always does what he says!!! (Takes the michael out of Hartigan! of course)

I've never seen his poker, I dont think he's lasted past late reg lol

• edited February 2015
    Another annoying one:

You find yourself sitting next to the "chatty one" and can't seem to keep quiet for more than 5 mins! There's been a raise and a re-raise and your chatty mate sigh folds after a few seconds! The flop smacks him straight in the face and you get a nudge from your new friend indicating that he's all over it and mouths to you what he has! Once the hand is complete he gives it the big " I would have won that " with my 89 suited !! Bore off mate, literally no-one cares !! 

Kev 
  • edited February 2015
    Richard and Stapes The new ant and dec Love them Both 

Hope your both on form for tonught Should be a laugh with you 2 Being In the same room #Fangirling

• edited February 2015
    Ok one of the things I do occasionally, is when I have folded and the flop comes something like A K J 10 7 with no flush draw. I say with a sigh "I folded the four of clubs". You would be suprised how often people are confused.
  • edited February 2015
    Seeing as it is Mr Stapleton in the expert's chair tonight, the cliches have to include

"Everyone loves a chopped pot"

• edited February 2015
    Evening Voiceover twins,

It's good to see Joe getting a lot of practice on the sofa, but that's enough of the gossip from the Atlantis Resort in The Bahamas.  Here's a couple of questions for Joe:

1) Do you think that now your preparing to take over from your older-ego, the
                   Dynamo from Derby at Sky, is making you a tad more terse when critiquing hands?

2) If you could Muppetise poker, what character name would you give Dave Ulliott?

Poker terms that are heard in our house on a regular basis are:

"How could you call with that load of......................"

"Really?"

"You lucky Ba.................."

One for Richard: Why don't we see you at the UKPC's?

Happy Variance

Dave
  • edited February 2015
    If I fold will you show ? Heard this so many times !
    and

Hate Pocket Aces/My Aces Never Win
  • edited February 2015
    So are Rich and Stapes to be considered the Laurel and Hardy of poker. If so which is which?
  • edited February 2015
    Hi Rich & Joe,

Great show as always (Posting before the show has started, so don't let me down)

Before I get onto my poker cliche, I wanted to mention that I met Joe a few years back when he represented Team USA in the APAT World Amateur Team Championship in Nottingham.

Before he headed home we went up to him and asked if it would be okay to get a photo.  He said 'No probs', at which point we handed him the camera and posed ready for the snap.  We thought it was quite funny, but he didn't seem too amused.

He was great fun with all the recreational players at the event, even moreso considering that his fellow Americans had failed to mention the fact that the competion ran across two days, and he had to head back at the end of day 1.

He might have actually scored more points for his team on Day 2, I can't quite remember ;)

My poker cliche is the opinion of most non-poker players that all poker players are degenerate gamblers that don't tell the truth and can't be trusted.

We're not all like that, are we ?
  • edited February 2015
    Im surprised your not been fired after last weeks show HOWEVER I do love you my American Buddy :D
  • edited February 2015
  • edited February 2015
    after watching the first 6 minutes all i can say is - it's a great show so far!

but then what do you expect when you have the great stapes on board.
  • edited February 2015
    Hi guys, hope you two can last longer than the akward first date phase and I look forward to the sofa cuddling and staring into each others eyes. Just stay away from getting all lovey dovey and saying to each other; "no, you finish the link, no YOU finish the link..."

Ove used poker cliche; "it was suited!!!"  As in someone justifying calling with a junk hand because it was suited. 

Best one that never gets old: "A chip and a chair!" Dont you think Stapes?
  • edited February 2015
    BTW Rich  if Stapes says "tray"  anytime tonite I'll be switching over to babestation!!  Tell him it's "THREE" over here!!  
  • edited February 2015
    Superbowl or Skypoker ? Tough decion NOT  Skypoker it is :D #Loyal
  • edited February 2015
    So annoying when people say I Was Priced In/I Had Pot Odds 
  • edited February 2015
    They were screening games from the Lingerie American Football League on the Extreme Sports channel, on a Sunday afternoon*, up until recently. Not sure if the season has ended, or someone from OFCOM has run across the channel by accident.

*So I heard.
  • edited February 2015
    Great Show So Far Guys!

Is that a cliché?

What about.....

Chip & a Chair

Everyone Loves a Chop Pot

I had the Odds to Call

Call the Police (on a 999 flop)

• edited February 2015
    When People say "Sorry"  On chat box in online poker

Your not sorry !

Nobody is sorry on the poker table.  If they were sorry, they would not be playing in the first place. 

• edited February 2015
    Hand History #867800853
    Show from my Point of view was I wrong to go all in ?