You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Tonight's LIVE Sky Poker TV show- with Orf and Stapes! ***show thread***

2»

Comments

• edited February 2015
    66mins of show - still going good
    6mins of the roller that i satted into - still in
    all downhill from here
    particulary as i have ryan spittles on my table
  • edited February 2015
    If I fold will you show ? Heard this so many times !

and

Hate Pocket Aces/My Aces Never Win
  • edited February 2015
    hi richard and joe,is never ever limp a cliche? or you cant call that ? have a good one chaps
  • edited February 2015
    Evening guys.
    Great show as ever.
    cliche, when you loose a hand when ahead pre flop, you say when you lose, how can you call with that .
  • edited February 2015
    Oh did I mention,
    I did win a UKPC seat 2 weeks ago, from a small sat all the way on the sunday to a final seat. Started at 4pm, 3 sats later, at 2>30am won my seat.Has it een done all in the same day before

• edited February 2015
    When someone loses when they were favourite and they say "standard!" Because,of course, it happens to them all the time.
  • edited February 2015

poker cliché that no longer has any meaning...."grrrr, the sites rigged"...if I even had 50p for each time I heard this I'd earn more than I do at poker!

• edited February 2015
    Biggest poker cliche...

I put them on ace king

usually used when someone plays their hand awfully and claims to put their oppponent on the one hand they could beat
  • edited February 2015
    #869136923 - ouch, pretty sick cooler on my table (thankfully i wasn't involved)
  • edited February 2015
    Hi guys great show as per usual
    things I hate poker players say is usually when you are all in for your tourney life and you hear

"I know you got me beat . . . . .  I call!!!!"
    and next one is the one me and friends love talking bout its the F * * K IT CALL
    the play has a weak hand knows they should fold but hits out with the infamous
    "ah F * * K it I call"

thanks
    DRRUNGOOD
  • edited February 2015
    #869136923 - sorry, it was from the super roller tonight!
  • edited February 2015

Hand History #869153582 From tonights Mini Roller

Really interesting hand, 

Pre flop+Flop I think is fine, close to jamming pre but seems a bit rash

What do you think of flicking in the chips on the turn aiming for cheap showdown when he donk bets so small? With Ace maybe sometimes being live I don't think its too bad with the odds we are getting

(This is reverse thought to my turn play I know) And on the river my tank was over a fold - How often would players min donk the turn with worse than a Jx combo, then bet the river? Only really beat a flush and i'm quite short as it is to try and call for a possible chop.
  • edited February 2015
    Overused Cliche :

"If I move up to higher level I will win because they will respect my raises - at this level too many people call with random hands"

Best poker cliche that will never date has to be:

....coming soon from Rainman, I wont steal his thunder or the line.

• edited February 2015
    Hi guys,

I think one of the worst poker cliche's is when it is depicted on a tv series or a soap. Somebody hits a full house and confidently starts to sweep the chips towards themselves, and then all of a sudden the hero of the hour tells him to wait just a second as he shows his royal flush.

Somebody needs to tell the people making these shows that royal flushes almost never happen.
  • edited February 2015
    Evening Rich and Stapes, quick Q : if you get more than one mention does that mean you get put in the the draw more than once!?

;-)

Kev
  • edited February 2015
    coat on when allin is good
    how else to pray to the poker gods for that 2-outer
  • edited February 2015
    One more cliche that I think hasn't been mentioned so far,

"SICK"

• edited February 2015
    Thanks for the mention.
    Cant belive i am top at the moment. Qualified via a sat to the semi, then won a seat from that. 
    So shows anyone can do it for next to nothing

• edited February 2015
      jackpot          
      11:27 PM main mini both % main in mini  

entered 249 317 96 39  
      left 74 46 6    

henners10 9 26      
      F_Ivanovic 29 8      
      stack_u 35 18      
      Barrie26 36 7      
      ontiltco07 64 42      
      POKEY2011 72 35      

• edited February 2015
    roller  vs scotty77

• edited February 2015
    Got to say it was a very good show - you 2 are a great combo - Stapes is hilarious - he is hidden gem on 861 - not sure he'd get away with it elsewhere though! 
  • edited February 2015
    Was a great show as ever, just a thought though and not meant to sound like a dig - Why keep advertising people to send in hand requests then never actually show them? (On about the final 3 hours or so)

Seemed to be a theme of the past few weeks so would like to raise suggestion of bringing back the clinic sometimes, like the sort of informality theme of the show where there no set hours but maybe throw in a Poker clinic section again?
  • edited February 2015
    wow Ross has timed out and lost connection.
    Sad to see that he is leaving
    Fond memories of busting him in the Welsh Open, but still no cash for me that time.
    Will miss his dry sarcasm.... Funny Guy
    Good Luck Ross
    PS
    Stapes you have clown size shoes to fill lol