You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Tonight's Tuesday live Sky Poker TV show- with Rich and Stu! ***official show thread***

edited February 2015 in Poker Chat
Maths student, enough said :-). Obviously doesn't help too greatly but helps when working out bet sizing/pot odds etc when playing upto 12 tables

Is it too early for the great show so far?

Comments

• edited February 2015
    Greetings gang- hope you all had a good weekend. Your next live show is tonight... Sky Poker TV LIVE Tuesday 10th February 2015 7pm-midnight
    Channel 861 or streamed from skypoker.com
     With Richard ‘Channing and I are still in the pub. Best lock-in, ever’ Orford

...and Stuart "No, I'm not flicking the Vs"  Rutter...                                              

And we go live at 7pm for a big night of Sky Poker.com interaction. Featuring the main event The Turbo Tuesday Open from 8pm.
    Feel free to start sending in your messages now- I'll be reading them out on the show to everyone watching as soon as we go live and throughout the night.
    Everyone who has a message read out, or a hand request shown, goes in the hat from which at 11.30pm we'll draw three winners of UKPC Quarter-Final satellite seats.
    This time we're asking you... 

WHAT MAKES YOU PERFECT FOR POKER?

The ultimate poker face

What part of your personality or skill-set is ready-made for poker? Are you fastidious, disciplined, a loose-cannon, an inherent risk-taker, super-cool, zen-like, a whiz at maths, a brilliant reader of people's faces, a consummate liar, a dab hand at acting, tilt-free, ...etc etc? Is there something about you that makes others say: 'poker's the perfect game for you?'

What is it about you that you think made you gravitate towards poker or poker gravitate towards you?

Cya @ 7.

• edited February 2015
    I think about me that makes me perfect for poker is my willlingness to learn, in a game with some many opponents, each of which with their own individual styles its important to watch them and learn aobut them, aswell as learning the game itself. wether its reading a book, watching a video or contructive criticism i take it all on board.
  • edited February 2015
    In Response to Re: Tuesday's live Sky Poker TV show- with Rich and Stu! ***official show thread***:
    Maths student, enough said :-). Obviously doesn't help too greatly but helps when working out bet sizing/pot odds etc when playing upto 12 tables Is it too early for the great show so far?
    Posted by Matt237
    Never too early, Matt.

I think the day before the show is a new record. Nice work.
  • edited February 2015
    Well done on a great show, pity about the phone call from the fashion police mid show. Poker is perfect for me due to my time travelling abilities.
  • edited February 2015
    What makes me and poker a match?
    Well I'm a gambler who likes to take a risk,based on statistics,a good loser,a loose cannon ball at times,but at heart feels that patience and peserverance pays off in the end!
    Most of all I enjoy the social side.
  • edited February 2015
    In Response to Re: Tuesday's live Sky Poker TV show- with Rich and Stu! ***official show thread***:
    Well done on a great show, pity about the phone call from the fashion police mid show. Poker is perfect for me due to my time travelling abilities.
    Posted by tomgoodun

Thanks Tom. I thought it got off to a slow start, but peaked around 9.40pm.  Definitely had it's moments- I'd say 7/10.
  • edited February 2015
    I gravitated to Poker for the fun and banter.

Where else can you pay the cost of a few drinks (Guiness) and then have an evening of friendly battle and chat.
    As well as always having the thought, that tonight maybe just my night !

I have been with Sky Poker for some years and have really enjoyed every moment (well most, anyway). 
    Long may it continue.

Looking forward to the show tonight. Mr Orford, keep up the good work !!!
  • edited February 2015
    so far so good
    but didn't have high expectations at this stage so not a surprise. 

to improve as a poker player you always need to be testing yourself by trying new things. i also think it is good to build in some variety into ones play. so i now have multiple geldstyles for playing hilo dyms. Keep them guessing i say. 

bit like a poker presenter really. 
    i mean on anna's last show not only did she crush the cash tables playing while presenting, but also did some hand analysis. 
    how is the great Rich planning on beating that? 

• edited February 2015
    Tonight's show should be good but I'm reserving judgement until I've actually seen some of it.

Anna and Karl were served up bacon sandwiches and cake on Sunday's show, so it will be interesting to see whether you chaps are on a level footing with them. 
  • edited February 2015

The show is good so far....but not quite as good as Thursday's will be unless you two guys turn it up a notch or two.

Perfect for poker? The game brings out my competitiveness nature and my willingness to improve/learn and hopefully win at sometimes. It is also the only 'sport' that I can participate in on a level playing field against the professionals. 
  • edited February 2015
    I am perfect for online poker because I am so morbidly obese I can rest a laptop on my stomach and prop a can of beer in the fleshy folds of my flab. 
    Granted, this attribute isn't very useful when it comes to other activities, but for poker it's ideal.

• edited February 2015
    Actually I don't think it's been a very good show so far.

I'll try and pull my socks up.
  • S7NS7N
    edited February 2015

Looking forward to the show, normally some good solid advice for me as a new comer.

For me it's tougher to say what makes me and poker connect, as I am not actually very good at it. Been playing on and off for a while, mainly for fun and have only just discovered how important outs, odds, and pot odds really are!

That being said I am normally quick to learn if I want to achieve something! Thankfully the show, site and its members are certainly fuelling that desire to succeed.

Cashed last night in the £2500 bounty hunter £10.00 - £0.50, not too much to shout about but I was happy as there was 291 runners.

S7N

£32.74 + £17.11 3 Head Prizes

Wont be in until after 8 as I am riding tonight, save the best bits until then ;)

• edited February 2015
    What makes me perfect for poker?
    Well poker is a game where there are many bad beats, and this can send people insane.
    Luckily we from the planet Zarg are not affected by insanity

• edited February 2015
    Won A seat last night to tonight Turbo Open Be aware Im coming to get you all !!
  • edited February 2015
    Won A seat last night to tonight Turbo Open Be aware Im coming to get you all !!
  • edited February 2015
    far the best show ever:)

what make me a perfect poker player ?  absolutetly  nothing, hopeless at maths, no patients, tilt far to easily,  hence the name
  • edited February 2015
    Great Show So Far Guys.

Cool & Aggressive, after all I am the Ice Tiger.

Grrrrrrrrrrrr!
  • edited February 2015
    great show guys
    no sound on the live stream at all
    don't know if i'm happy or sad
  • edited February 2015
    Plenty of noise on my live feed. Suggest Geldy gets his ears tested (or just turn up the volume...)
  • edited February 2015
    thks sky
    just wrote a long post and you crashed my forum
  • edited February 2015
    O, I forgot to mention, that surely this is going to be a great show (so far)
  • edited February 2015
    no
    the show is not so good
    b*llocks about modest players being good
    to paraphrase my previous post
  • edited February 2015
    It's definitely been a good show so far.

I'm turning over to watch the football now. 
  • edited February 2015
    Great show so far, this is Thursdays thread isn't it?
  • edited February 2015
    i can't believe i sacrificed 4 hilo dyms to get the sound on 
    i must be nuts
    dohhhhhhhh :-(
    i mean duhhh :-(
  • edited February 2015
    What an Amazing Mind blowing Inspirational show tonight "So-far" ! 
  • edited February 2015
    What makes me perfect for poker is, when the villains are triple range merging their ICM's I'm just to stupid to understand so I just call. The shows not bad so far by the way. Cheers Chris Duke aka Doylebrun.
  • edited February 2015
    What makes me perfect for poker?

Dunno really, but I do own a hoody and a pair of sunglasses if that helps.
  • edited February 2015
    I once slid my chair back in frustration whilst playing poker, but at the same time, swung my leg and ended up kicking my own behind!