You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Worth a big blind?

Comments

• edited November 2010

Co was on fire.

Maybe a score-cast double / winning margin / funky acca to chase?

Quickkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk
  • edited November 2010
    1. Hankey T v Beaton S 10-7 Beaton S @ 10/1

Long shot but it makes it interesting.

• edited November 2010
    That's it, back to the football and tennis.
  • edited November 2010
    DOHHHHHH AND CO,

HERE ARE MY FIRST LOSERS      DO NOT HATE ME ;)

12.55 ASCOT  ROYAL COLLONGES

14.50 HAYDOCK THELOBSTERCATCHER

PRICES ARE AVAILABLE NOW

DOH, YOUR PM STILL NO GOOD , WANTED TO SEND YOU SOMETHING

EDIT . HAVE THROWN IN 15.25 HAYDOCK = NACARAT
    IF FIT IMPERIAL COMMANDER TURNS UP
    REAL DODGY BET

DONE 3 WIN DOUBLES AND EACH WAY TREBLE

• edited November 2010
    GOOD START TO MY DAY

12.20 ASCOT

DID 2

TIME FOR SPRING E/W  10/1  4£ EW  - WAS IN BATHROOM ,MISSED ALL THE BETTER PRICES
    HONG KONG HARRY E/W 20/1 1£ EW

1ST AND 2ND

BUT DID NOT DO FORCAST YUK  ( PAID 177£ )
  • edited November 2010
    NEXT AT WOLVES GEORDIE IRIS HANNON/FORTUNE 3 RUNS INTO A HANDICAP 7/1 WORTH A BB
  • edited November 2010
    THELOBSTERCATCHER WAS BEATEN BEFORE THEY HAD RUN 1 MILE

SHOCKING PERFORMANCE

OTHER 2 RAN OK I SUPPOSE

CAME OUT A FEW QUID AHEAD ON DAY BUT GUTTED

FOR YOU GUYS,  I COULD NOT GIVE YOU A WINNER

• edited November 2010
    12.35 AINTREE

DOUBLE DIZZY
    PRESENTANDCORRCT
    BATTLEFRONT

HOPE 1 OF THEM DOES IT
  • edited November 2010
    Hey Pill and folks - been offline for a few hours so had to put my BBC2 bets on early this morning......

Had e/wL15 on 

Private be - 8/1 (placed)
    Heron Bay - 6/1
    Merigo - 8/1
    Earcomesthedream - 8/1 (Toaster ;)
  • edited November 2010
    GREAT START

NOT

SECRET TUNE
    RAMSDEN BOY
    IN NEXT
  • edited November 2010
    In Response to Re: Worth a big blind?:
    Hey Pill and folks - been offline for a few hours so had to put my BBC2 bets on early this morning...... Had e/wL15 on  Private be - 8/1 (placed) Heron Bay - 6/1 Merigo - 8/1 Earcomesthedream - 8/1 (Toaster ;)
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    N1 DOH
    FIRST 2 PLACED
    IM HAVING A NIGHTMARE
    CHANGED MY MIND TWICE !!!

• edited November 2010
    LAST TRY FOR TODAY

NOTRE PER 9/1
    ROYAL ROSA 16/1
    IRISH RAPTOR 14/1
  • edited November 2010

Nadeen - 3/1 - Southwell.

Lord Singer - 15/8 - Lingfield

Double 10/1

• edited November 2010
    14.20 LINGFIELD

CLEAVER EW 14/1
    LATIN AMERICA WIN
  • edited January 2011

Okay had a look at the markets for the ashes today.

I gotta be really careful with the kinda bet I chose, as I don't want to be supporting the Aussies at any point during the series, as obviously winning is more important to me than my bet coming in.

For example, if I had Strauss as top run scorer for England, and it gets close towards the end, I'll be wanting the England middle order to fail so my bet comes up.

Instead of looking for a long shot, I've gone for a big amount (for me) on a head to head bet.

Strauss to score more runs in the series than Ponting (6/5 w/365)

I think Strauss is a World class batsmen, and this could be the series that finally gets him the plaudits he deserves. He opens the innings, so there are a few possible instances where he will bat more in each match than Ponting does. He's in cracking form, a loves to cut and pull, which is in his favour on these wickets.

Ponting is under alot of pressure, and if the Aussies get off to a bad start, It really wouldn't surprise me if he's stripped of the captaincy, and also his place in the team.

Had £100 on it. Pretty excited about the start tonight, think the toss is gonna be crucial.

I also believe Chris Tremlett will play a huge part in the series at some stage, but with him not starting the first test, it's daft to have any sort of "series bet" on him.

Ian Bell will also finally come of age this summer.

If anyone doesn't particularly like cricket, or is more interested in making money, a double on Hussey (6/1)/Johnson(9/4) to be the leading run scorer/wicket taker for Aus is a great bet. The double pays 21/1. Obviously I wouldn't go near this bet, but if I was neutral, I'd have a tenner on it for sure.

Strauss to be man of the match in the first test @ 10/1 is also a kool bet, and will be having a 5r onnit!!!

Enjoy the cricket folks ;)

• edited November 2010
    I've had a look at all the markets and the nap has to be Ricky Ponting to be top Aussie run scorer at 4-1 with William Hill.
    Hills are the only firm offering this price and it's way too big when you consider this man's record and the fact that Katich is just back after an injury lay-off, Hussey and North are under pressure to keep their place, Clarke has a recurring back injury and Watson is a middle-order dasher converted to opener.
    Ponting is different class to this lot despite his recent problems with the short ball.
    He is only 3.3-1 on Betfair, who normally give the best odds, so Hills' price won't last.

Would not put anyone off backing A.Strauss @ 4/1 with William Hill to be Englands top batsman in the series, looks decent enough value !!
  • edited November 2010
    Okay had a look at the markets for the ashes today. I gotta be really careful with the kinda bet I chose, as I don't want to be supporting the Aussies at any point during the series, as obviously winning is more important to me than my bet coming in. For example, if I had Strauss as top run scorer for England, and it gets close towards the end, I'll be wanting the England middle order to fail so my bet comes up. Instead of looking for a long shot, I've gone for a big amount (for me) on a head to head bet. Strauss to score more runs in the series than Ponting (6/5 w/365) I think Strauss is a World class batsmen, and this could be the series that finally gets him the plaudits he deserves. He opens the innings, so there are a few possible instances where he will bat more in each match than Ponting does. He's in cracking form, and loves to cut and pull, which is in his favour on these wickets. Ponting is under alot of pressure, and if the Aussies get off to a bad start, It really wouldn't surprise me if he's stripped of the captaincy, and also his place in the team. Had £100 on it. Pretty excited about the start tonight, think the toss is gonna be crucial. I also believe Chris Tremlett will play a huge part in the series at some stage, but with him not starting the first test, it's daft to have any sort of "series bet" on him. Ian Bell will also finally come of age this summer. If anyone doesn't particularly like cricket, or is more interested in making money, a double on Hussey (6/1)/Johnson(9/4) to be the leading run scorer/wicket taker for Aus is a great bet. The double pays 21/1. Obviously I wouldn't go near this bet, but if I was neutral, I'd have a tenner on it for sure. Strauss to be man of the match in the first test @ 10/1 is also a kool bet, and will be having a 5r onnit!!! Enjoy the cricket folks ;)
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH

Straight to fin gully.

FML.

• edited November 2010

My bet for today is an e/w Patent on these horses

1. 2.10 Kempton - Paying 1/4 Odds Right Step @ 13/2
    2. 2.00 Newbury Alegralil @ 12/1
    3. 3.05 Newbury Taranis @ 12/1
       Good Luck to all
  • edited November 2010
    Hope you backed Diamond Harry today Dohhh! i know its one of ur fav horses..Great performance..
  • edited November 2010
      My bet for today is an e/w Patent on these horses   2.10 Kempton - Paying 1/4 Odds Right Step @ 13/2 2.00 Newbury Alegralil @ 12/1 3.05 Newbury Taranis @ 12/1    Good Luck to all
    Posted by DTWBANDIT
    blackpool v man poo,,,,over 2 goals in the match pile in
  • edited December 2010

Love delta - 2.55, Southwell.

Shostakovich - 2-25, Southwell.

Archie Rice - Kempton

Suffolk Punch - 3-10, Kempton
  • edited December 2010
    Love delta - 2.55, Southwell. Shostakovich - 2-25, Southwell. Archie Rice - Kempton Suffolk Punch - 3-10, Kempton
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Are you going with Alex Hammond on this one?
  • edited December 2010

Ha, yes mate, that's where I got it. 

The other 3 were donkeys, need it to come in to get most of my stake back.

Sucks !
  • edited December 2010
    I've gone for Ingleby Arch. If mine falls then good luck to yours.
  • edited December 2010
    You got any tips for the snooker UK Championship?
  • edited December 2010
    Grrrrrrrrr u made me look at the market on sky bet, which inevitably is gonna cost me at least a tenner.

Gone for a 5 match accu....

Fu
    Hendry
    Day
    Murphy
    Ronnie.

3.9/1

Can't bet on tourny winner, coz I never back against Ronnie, and there's never any value.

Edit - the above was done on WH bet calculator - added Williams and it boosted it to 6/1!!!

I got greedy, and it may cost me, but ya never know.
  • edited December 2010
    1. Day R v King M Day R @ 4/6
    2. Murphy S v Wallace P Murphy S @ 1/9
    3. Trump J v Cope J Trump J @ 8/11
    4. OSullivan R v Bingham S OSullivan R @ 1/10
    5. Fu M v Hawkins B Fu M @ 4/6
    6. Williams M v Davis M Williams M @ 2/7
    7. Hendry S v White J Hendry S @ 8/15
    8. Carter A v Joyce M Carter A @ 1/6

Pays 12/1

Getting greedy ftw =]

• edited December 2010

You look at them all individully, and you think there's no way any of them can lose, especialy first to 9.

But there's always something weird that happens.....

Was surprised how close the betting was between Hendry and White yesterday, maybe Hendry's had an eye operation or something!
    I backed Greame Dott e/wfor the world title @ 80/1 the year after he won it, thinking that price was way too big........

Of course there was a reason, and he was suffering from clinical depression.

I'm such an idiot.

Any idea what price Spain were to beat England in the darts the other night? and how short Eng were?
  • edited December 2010
    England started at 1/25 but were backed into 1/50 just before it started.  Spain were 12/1. Wade & Taylor were poor but the Spanish brought their A game & Rodriguez was brilliant.
  • edited December 2010

Looking good for me in the snooker.....

Was watching the Carter game, couldn't believe it. Then realised I hadn't backed him.

There's always 1........

EDIT - F    F     S     RONNIE !!!!!!!!!