You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Worth a big blind?

Comments

• edited December 2010

It's a great day for losing money !!

Plenty to go at.....

2 good games on the darts to start this aft, close to call.

Ive gone with Tabern, Van der Voort and Jenkins, 5.7/1 on their own, throw in 2.5 goals or more in the QPR v Cov game, and u get a 13/1 dinnertime acca worth a tenner of anyones money !!!

Not had a racing bet for ages either - gone with the bloke who does the previews on 365 again.

All at Leapordstown....

12.55 - Fool's wildcat

1.25 - Thegreatjohnbrowne

2.35 - Joncol

3.10 - See you Bob.

• edited December 2010

Av been loving the darts lately, all the games are close, which I don't normally expect in the first/second rounds. 

For that reason, I've gone for a treble on all 3 under-dogs this afternoon.

Thornton. 5/2
    The Pie Man. 5/1
    Walsh 6/4

Pays 51/1, £3.48 on it.
  • edited December 2010

Well that went well.
  • edited January 2011
    Sir Geoffrey 12.50 Southwell
    Reve De Nuit EW 15.05 Southwell
    Royal Island 15.40 Southwell
  • edited January 2011

This man knows his onions ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

1 more to make a L15 anyone? I'll give yaz an hour before I ruin my own bet myself.

n1 tb.
  • edited January 2011
    In Response to Re: Worth a big blind?:
    In Response to Re: Worth a big blind? : Cheers shelski. Webster was 40/1 at the start then after his impressive 1st round performance they went down to 16/1. Adrian Lewis could be a good shout. It's about time he stepped up to the plate.
    Posted by QDMCGRAW
    Thank You Thank You Thank You. My xmas present to followers of this thread.
  • edited January 2011
    I had £75 on Webster to beat him in the semi.

It hurt. lol

But yeh, great shout, he was auwsome last night, and was constant, which I had down as his weakness. He can throw better than anyone in the world, but his head can go down, and he can chuck like me for a couple of sets before he sorts his game out.

WP that man tho, gr8 to see a different English champ. 

BDO anyone? (lol)

• edited January 2011
    hi just checkin c/care?
  • edited January 2011
    Okay had a look at the markets for the ashes today. I gotta be really careful with the kinda bet I chose, as I don't want to be supporting the Aussies at any point during the series, as obviously winning is more important to me than my bet coming in. For example, if I had Strauss as top run scorer for England, and it gets close towards the end, I'll be wanting the England middle order to fail so my bet comes up. Instead of looking for a long shot, I've gone for a big amount (for me) on a head to head bet. Strauss to score more runs in the series than Ponting (6/5 w/365) I think Strauss is a World class batsmen, and this could be the series that finally gets him the plaudits he deserves. He opens the innings, so there are a few possible instances where he will bat more in each match than Ponting does. He's in cracking form, a loves to cut and pull, which is in his favour on these wickets. Ponting is under alot of pressure, and if the Aussies get off to a bad start, It really wouldn't surprise me if he's stripped of the captaincy, and also his place in the team. Had £100 on it. Pretty excited about the start tonight, think the toss is gonna be crucial. I also believe Chris Tremlett will play a huge part in the series at some stage, but with him not starting the first test, it's daft to have any sort of "series bet" on him. Ian Bell will also finally come of age this summer. If anyone doesn't particularly like cricket, or is more interested in making money, a double on Hussey (6/1)/Johnson(9/4) to be the leading run scorer/wicket taker for Aus is a great bet. The double pays 21/1. Obviously I wouldn't go near this bet, but if I was neutral, I'd have a tenner on it for sure. Strauss to be man of the match in the first test @ 10/1 is also a kool bet, and will be having a 5r onnit!!! Enjoy the cricket folks ;)
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Brag day on the big blind thread!
  • edited January 2011
    I had £75 on Webster to beat him in the semi. It hurt. lol But yeh, great shout, he was auwsome last night, and was constant, which I had down as his weakness. He can throw better than anyone in the world, but his head can go down, and he can chuck like me for a couple of sets before he sorts his game out. WP that man tho, gr8 to see a different English champ.  BDO anyone? (lol)
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Would be much more entertaining if they made it the Blind Darts Organization, lobbing darts all over the Lakeside.
  • edited January 2011
    hi just just chechin again
  • edited January 2011
    Okay had a look at the markets for the ashes today. I gotta be really careful with the kinda bet I chose, as I don't want to be supporting the Aussies at any point during the series, as obviously winning is more important to me than my bet coming in. For example, if I had Strauss as top run scorer for England, and it gets close towards the end, I'll be wanting the England middle order to fail so my bet comes up. Instead of looking for a long shot, I've gone for a big amount (for me) on a head to head bet. Strauss to score more runs in the series than Ponting (6/5 w/365) I think Strauss is a World class batsmen, and this could be the series that finally gets him the plaudits he deserves. He opens the innings, so there are a few possible instances where he will bat more in each match than Ponting does. He's in cracking form, a loves to cut and pull, which is in his favour on these wickets. Ponting is under alot of pressure, and if the Aussies get off to a bad start, It really wouldn't surprise me if he's stripped of the captaincy, and also his place in the team. Had £100 on it. Pretty excited about the start tonight, think the toss is gonna be crucial. I also believe Chris Tremlett will play a huge part in the series at some stage, but with him not starting the first test, it's daft to have any sort of "series bet" on him. Ian Bell will also finally come of age this summer. If anyone doesn't particularly like cricket, or is more interested in making money, a double on Hussey (6/1)/Johnson(9/4) to be the leading run scorer/wicket taker for Aus is a great bet. The double pays 21/1. Obviously I wouldn't go near this bet, but if I was neutral, I'd have a tenner on it for sure. Strauss to be man of the match in the first test @ 10/1 is also a kool bet, and will be having a 5r onnit!!! Enjoy the cricket folks ;)
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Unbelievably, Johnson has managed to finish as leading Aussie bowler - just shows what a poor attack they have.

Hope u were on this 21/1 double???  ;)
  • edited January 2011
    Sir Dohhhh run good, i suck at betting

just saying ;) variance like da poker obv
  • edited January 2011
    Masters snooker next monday could be worth a punt i will post what i bet on later

first round:

Mark King v Mark Selby (Sunday from 1330 GMT)

Ali Carter v Peter Ebdon (Sunday from 1900 GMT)

Mark Williams v Ding Junhui (Monday from 1330 GMT)

John Higgins v Graeme Dott (Monday from 1900 GMT)

Ronnie O'Sullivan v Mark Allen (Tuesday from 1300 GMT)

Stephen Maguire v Marco Fu (Tuesday from 1900 GMT)

Neil Robertson v Stephen Hendry (Wednesday from 1330 GMT)

Shaun Murphy v Jamie Cope (Wednesday from 1900 GMT)

ones in bold are tougher to call but i probably will bet on all
  • edited January 2011
    Ok i have put £2 on return £41
    SnookerThe MastersSelby M v King M Rd 1 Match Betting 09/01/2011 13:30Selby M @ 1.22
    SnookerThe MastersCarter A v Ebdon P Rd 1 Match Betting 09/01/2011 19:00Ebdon P @ 2.62
    SnookerThe MastersOSullivan R v Allen M Rd 1 Match Betting 11/01/2011 13:30OSullivan R @ 1.40
    SnookerThe MastersRobertson N v Hendry S Rd 1 Match Betting 12/01/2011 14:00Robertson N @ 1.33
    SnookerThe MastersMurphy S v Cope J Rd 1 Match Betting 12/01/2011 19:00Murphy S @ 1.44
    SnookerThe MastersWilliams M v Junhui D Rd 1 Match Betting 10/01/2011 13:30Williams M @ 1.73
    SnookerThe MastersHiggins J v Dott G Rd 1 Match Betting 10/01/2011 19:00Higgins J @ 1.36
    Only one i wasnt sure of is Marco Fu Maguire could go either way possible shock, i usually say snooker is very predictable but as this is top16(near enough) bit harder to call but we shall see
  • edited January 2011
    fa cup so should be plenty of value out there, long shot this but £1 pays £306 ish

GL me :)
    FootballFA CupMillwall v Birmingham Both Teams to Score 08/01/2011 13:30Yes @ 1.83
    FootballFA CupSouthampton v Blackpool Both Teams to Score 08/01/2011 15:00Yes @ 1.53
    FootballFA CupSheff. Utd v Aston Villa Both Teams to Score 08/01/2011 15:00Yes @ 1.73
    FootballFA CupScunthorpe v Everton Both Teams to Score 08/01/2011 15:00Yes @ 1.91
    FootballFA CupReading v West Brom Both Teams to Score 08/01/2011 15:00Yes @ 1.73
    FootballFA CupPreston v Nottm. Forest Both Teams to Score 08/01/2011 15:00Yes @ 1.73
    FootballFA CupNorwich v Leyton Orient Both Teams to Score 08/01/2011 15:00No @ 1.91
    FootballFA CupHull v Wigan Both Teams to Score 08/01/2011 15:00Yes @ 1.83
    FootballFA CupFulham v Peterborough Both Teams to Score 08/01/2011 15:00Yes @ 1.83
    FootballFA CupBrighton v Portsmouth Both Teams to Score 08/01/2011 15:00
  • edited January 2011
    Ok i have put £2 on return £41 Snooker The Masters Selby M v King M Rd 1 Match Betting 09/01/2011 13:30 Selby M @ 1.22 Snooker The Masters Carter A v Ebdon P Rd 1 Match Betting 09/01/2011 19:00 Ebdon P @ 2.62 Snooker The Masters OSullivan R v Allen M Rd 1 Match Betting 11/01/2011 13:30 OSullivan R @ 1.40 Snooker The Masters Robertson N v Hendry S Rd 1 Match Betting 12/01/2011 14:00 Robertson N @ 1.33 Snooker The Masters Murphy S v Cope J Rd 1 Match Betting 12/01/2011 19:00 Murphy S @ 1.44 Snooker The Masters Williams M v Junhui D Rd 1 Match Betting 10/01/2011 13:30 Williams M @ 1.73 Snooker The Masters Higgins J v Dott G Rd 1 Match Betting 10/01/2011 19:00 Higgins J @ 1.36 Only one i wasnt sure of is Marco Fu Maguire could go either way possible shock, i usually say snooker is very predictable but as this is top16(near enough) bit harder to call but we shall see
    Posted by YOUNG_GUN
    Only when you're playing.

Played 9, lost 9 ?

• edited January 2011

In Response to Re: Worth a big blind? : Only when you're playing. Played 9, lost 9 ?
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH

Haha this season yeah lol

cups, singles played 3 won 3
    doubles played 1 won 1

Last season 12 wins from 20 pretty good tbh, i will win again in next few games if not next one

im suprised you havent put anything that i've actually bet and been nitty only a few quid

TV tonight sir let me know if you are game tourneys/hu/cash watever
  • edited January 2011

1.45 Chepstow - Maktu - 6/1

3.00 Wincanton - Red Harbour - 7/1

3-15 Sandown - Fiendish Flame - 7/1

3-45 Sandown - Rollwiththepunches - 12/1

40p Lucky 15, 2 and half grand for 4 winners :)

Be luckyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy 
  • edited January 2011
    lol great effort by me on snooker out on first game, although doubt many people saw Mark King beating selby

bit like your horses effort JJ, i keep telling you i fail at betting stick to poker me thinks
  • edited January 2011
    shouldn't this be in punters corner

why thank you...........
  • edited January 2011
    1st time posted on this bit of the forum but fancy Crack Away Jack tomorrow e/w in big race at Ascot(if its on),also backing it in forecast with Master Minded.
                                                              GL

• edited January 2011
    shouldn't this be in punters corner why thank you...........
    Posted by YOUNG_GUN
    NO this is our thread dont want it moved to what is basically a section for sky to plug there wears
  • edited January 2011
    1st time posted on this bit of the forum but fancy Crack Away Jack tomorrow e/w in big race at Ascot(if its on),also backing it in forecast with Master Minded.                                                           GL
    Posted by jackda
    welcome on board m8 agree with you about crack away jack think if hes anywhere near his best hest cracking e.w. value
  • edited January 2011
    Nice 1 jackda.............post more plz, (only if it wins) :)

Need 3 more to go with it, from the ch.4 races...........

Anyone...... ???
  • edited January 2011
    rare saturday off going to the wifes works do tonight so taken day off as im usually p@ssed and a kip by 10 O,clock saturday nights. its at a pricey hotel so hopefully these baby can cover the bar bill.
    think that 3 of the four races at ascot have very strong favorites so in trebling up

1.15 grandout 4/7
    1.50 caroles legacy 6/4
    2.25 master minded 4/6

pay about 5/1

also having a 25p e.w patent on

1.15 two kisses 14/1
    1.50 alverstone 12/1
    2.25 crackaway jack 14/1

pays £920 if all three come in lol

• edited January 2011
    ok e/w L15 for me...

Selections 
    1Two Kisses    @ 14/1

2Alverstone    @ 14/1

3Crack Away Jack    @ 18/1

4Shalone    @ 10/1

• edited January 2011
    thanks for making me welcome guys,sorry about the tip(needed the run i think)
    note:must try harder

• edited January 2011
    still in the shed tut tut get over to punters corner!