You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

"sky always rewards bingo playing morons"

" When will sky realize that their regime of rewarding bad play,plus as if by magic,the donk always hitting that one and only card they need to beat you, will only result in people going elsewhere to play". " Bit like the T.V. programmes,plenty of other companys out there, who, by the way, reward their good customers,not donk money off them to give to some moronic, no talent bingo player" " Come to youre sences sky while you still have a couple of thousand regular players".

Comments

• edited March 2015

Not sure you should be quite so rude about your opponents, Mr Dexter.

• edited March 2015
    In Response to Re: "sky always rewards bingo playing morons":
    Not sure you should be quite so rude about your opponents, Mr Dexter.  
    Posted by Tikay10
          "can only be an opponent if we are playing the same game" 
  • edited March 2015
    In Response to Re: "sky always rewards bingo playing morons" :       "can only be an opponent if we are playing the same game" 
    Posted by MadDexter1
    I'll have a pint of whatever you've had, please.
  • edited March 2015
    In Response to "sky always rewards bingo playing morons":
     " When will sky realize that their regime of rewarding bad play,plus as if by magic,the donk always hitting that one and only card they need to beat you, will only result in people going elsewhere to play". " Bit like the T.V. programmes,plenty of other companys out there, who, by the way, reward their good customers,not donk money off them to give to some moronic, no talent bingo player" " Come to youre sences sky while you still have a couple of thousand regular players".
    Posted by MadDexter1

It just appears that way to you - everyone knows that the cards are completely random.
    Systems have been checked as recently as 2009.
  • edited March 2015
    i use to hate bingo playing donks to, then i realised i was one, now i love them :)
  • edited March 2015
    In Response to "sky always rewards bingo playing morons":
    Posted by MadDexter1
    ive lost nearly 1300 quid in half a wekk on aa kk and qq hands but im still in profit this month and ok i will rant about it but ive been here too blaming everyone and anything im sure tikay dug me up once for saying same stuff you said but you have to come to peace with fact you prob don't play a game poker yourself im not exactly the worlds best i play 50nl and 100nl and if you contact me and send me say your last however hands i would be pleased to try advise you of maybe things you could do in your own play to avoid defeat or at least lose as much

believe me ive played on a lot of sites and sky i must say is one of the fairest due to fact everyone cant use programs and bots to help their play
  • edited March 2015
    In Response to "sky always rewards bingo playing morons" : ive lost nearly 1300 quid in half a wekk on aa kk and qq hands but im still in profit this month and ok i will rant about it but ive been here too blaming everyone and anything im sure tikay dug me up once for saying same stuff you said but you have to come to peace with fact you prob don't play a game poker yourself im not exactly the worlds best i play 50nl and 100nl and if you contact me and send me say your last however hands i would be pleased to try advise you of maybe things you could do in your own play to avoid defeat or at least lose as much believe me ive played on a lot of sites and sky i must say is one of the fairest due to fact everyone cant use programs and bots to help their play
    Posted by DrRunGood
    There you go MadDexter, someone has most generously offered to assist you with your game, & help you becomne a better player, despite your rather acerbic OP.

I hope you take him up on his offer. You don't sound like you are enjoying your poker much, so it makes no sense to carry on as you are. Play better, make your poker £ go further, & you'll realise what a wonderful game poker can be. Wonderful but frustrating, perplexing, fair, unfair, trying, exasparating, rewarding, bemusing & amusing, all at once. Not many games test our character in the way poker does.    

• edited March 2015
    Why the need for quotation marks?

Are you relaying what someone has said to you?
  • edited March 2015
    In Response to Re: "sky always rewards bingo playing morons" : There you go MadDexter, someone has most generously offered to assist you with your game, & help you becomne a better player, despite your rather acerbic OP.   I hope you take him up on his offer. You don't sound like you are enjoying your poker much, so it makes no sense to carry on as you are. Play better, make your poker £ go further, & you'll realise what a wonderful game poker can be. Wonderful but frustrating, perplexing, fair, unfair, trying, exasparating, rewarding, bemusing & amusing, all at once. Not many games test our character in the way poker does.    
    Posted by Tikay10
     Very nice of DrRungood to help coach me,but, as you can see from my stats, im not in the same league. I only play in games, i feel, i have a chance of holding my own. Youre right poker can be a wonderful game, but too many miracle bad beats dont happen to build anyones confidence. Ive seen bad beats on t.v.,ive seen them live,but to be at the recieving end of them time after time, it becomes tedious. No one can stop people calling an all in with 2 9 off against your KK, its when they hit 2 2 , 9 9 ,or some other miracle runner runner, to beat you. Happens once, oh well, but the number of times you see it its beyond belief. You might say my words were too harsh in the first place, or why let it bother you, well, they will be calling with fifth pair next, but thats poker i suppose.
  • edited March 2015
    In Response to Re: "sky always rewards bingo playing morons" :  Very nice of DrRungood to help coach me,but, as you can see from my stats, im not in the same league. I only play in games, i feel, i have a chance of holding my own. Youre right poker can be a wonderful game, but too many miracle bad beats dont happen to build anyones confidence. Ive seen bad beats on t.v.,ive seen them live,but to be at the recieving end of them time after time, it becomes tedious. No one can stop people calling an all in with 2 9 off against your KK, its when they hit 2 2 , 9 9 ,or some other miracle runner runner, to beat you. Happens once, oh well, but the number of times you see it its beyond belief. You might say my words were too harsh in the first place, or why let it bother you, well, they will be calling with fifth pair next, but thats poker i suppose.
    Posted by MadDexter1
    Hi dexter listen mate put your hands on the forum I swear it will help you no end your just blinded by your own play that you cant see some faults you say you play in games you believe you can win. What makes you believe you can beat these games? I can tell you the answer its because you have guys that will call allin with 92 that's profit poker for you no matter how the cards run out. What im trying to say is its not all down to your kk aa hands if that's only hands your relying on to win your missing spots to get ahead your small pots pay for the big ones doyle Brunson said that you arnt winning enough small ones to pay for the big ones you may lose and when you running good you win the small and the big and that's how you move forward my friend. if you have played 10 hands and lost with kk vs 92 ok its tough luck dust yourself down smile to yourself and note the player that he will call that light and do it to him all night and come back on here the next day and tell me who has the money. your main problem is going to be the same problem most fun players or hobbie players have like myself is we play games too big for the money we have. if you have £10 and playing in a £10 game it is going to hurt when that guy hits his 15% hand and that's y you feel frustrated whereas say you had £500 and guy beat you for £10 but you can reload 50 times to play him all day and he keeps getting in bad well you are going to beat him 85 times out of 100 and be sitting with all his money 100% truth about poker ask any of the top players they will tell you. I could beat Phil Ivey in one or two hands but if I played him for a few hours id have to go get a bank loan to fund me ;) good luck at the tables dexter feel free to pm mate any time you would like to talk poker I don't know as much as other and a little bit more than some but we all here to help each other use the forum for what its intended for asking serious poker questions and getting the answers.

Thanks DrRunGood
  • edited March 2015
    I totally agree with dexter when u keep getting beat on the river by a donk with pkt 2s it makes u think that sky poker is rigged which it probably is .I have submitted a complaint to the IBAS to get this so called fair poker site looked at ,because when u get beat on the river thts poker but when it happens 9 times out of 10 it is a complete joke as for tikay saying tht your words are harsh well tough donks always hit there cards
  • edited March 2015
    I totally agree with dexter when u keep getting beat on the river by a donk with pkt 2s it makes u think that sky poker is rigged which it probably is .I have submitted a complaint to the IBAS to get this so called fair poker site looked at ,because when u get beat on the river thts poker but when it happens 9 times out of 10 it is a complete joke as for tikay saying tht your words are harsh well tough donks always hit there cards
    Posted by sue720

SHHHHHHH dont tell Mrs Duck
  • edited March 2015
    Posted by sue720
    Good luck.

Nice sample size and examples btw, completely plausible.
  • edited March 2015
    In Response to Re: "sky always rewards bingo playing morons" : Good luck. Nice sample size and examples btw, completely plausible.
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    als nick the greek said quote I love gambling ilove winning I love losing unquote so get agrip enjoy yourself its later than you think ?
  • edited March 2015
    In Response to Re: "sky always rewards bingo playing morons" : SHHHHHHH dont tell Mrs Duck
    Posted by stuarty117
    :-))
  • edited March 2015
    In Response to Re: "sky always rewards bingo playing morons" : Good luck. Nice sample size and examples btw, completely plausible.
    Posted by hhyftrftdr

TBF if I ever lost 9 times out of 10 I would be writing to the ombudsman,my local mp and probably the Queen as well.....
  • edited March 2015
    In Response to Re: "sky always rewards bingo playing morons" : TBF if I ever lost 9 times out of 10 I would be writing to the ombudsman,my local mp and probably the Queen as well.....
    Posted by HENDRIK62
    But would you, really?

I don't think you would, I know you better than that. 

When we see "I lost 9 times out of 10" I generally take it with a pinch of salt. What most people mean is "it seems like I lose 9 out of 10". Selective memory does that to us.

But variance is a mischievious little blighter, especially when in one of her foul moods.

Losing 9 out of 10 usually includes quite a few flips. 6? 7? Then we may lose to underpairs 1 or 2 times in 10. Nothing remarkable there.

Now let's look at it a different way. 

I play a lot of PLO8 DYM's. This is the lowest variance format available. No game has less variance.

Let's assume I do not have an edge, but I'm no worse than most other players at this format.

What are the chances of me losing 9 of these out of 10?

Pretty unlikely, I'd say.

But my stats tell me I have lost 9 in a row several times. 

In fact, my biggest losing streak is 13 (THIRTEEN) games.

Effectively, given the assumed relative ability as above, that's 13 flips in a row.

Variance is quite a thing.    

• edited March 2015
    I legitimately ask, is there any kind of independant body that analyses the code behind the poker game on sites (not just this one) to ensure it is infact legit?

I feel like i have more 'weird' hands on sky than other sites and sometimes i wonder if it has some algorithm to generate 'entertaining' hands although it would have to be a pretty impressive algorithm to factor in the stuff some people call and raise with

i'm not suggesting i think sky isn't legit and i've had some 'weird' hands in my favour to, it just feel like a greater frequency of bad beats on sky but that may be due to the greater range of hands people seem to play

of course, if you keep getting your money in with the best hand, you will receive more bad beats and you give, but that's a good thing (in a roundabout way)
  • edited March 2015
    In Response to Re: "sky always rewards bingo playing morons" :  You might say my words were too harsh in the first place, or why let it bother you, well, they will be calling with fifth pair next, but thats poker i suppose.
    Posted by MadDexter1
    Just to add, if people are calling with 5th pair your should be in 7th heaven. Pay attention to the table and see hwo calls with nothing/very little and relentlessly bet at them when you have a good hand. Good rule of thumb is dont bluff a bad player.
  • edited April 2015
    I legitimately ask, is there any kind of independant body that analyses the code behind the poker game on sites (not just this one) to ensure it is infact legit? I feel like i have more 'weird' hands on sky than other sites and sometimes i wonder if it has some algorithm to generate 'entertaining' hands although it would have to be a pretty impressive algorithm to factor in the stuff some people call and raise with i'm not suggesting i think sky isn't legit and i've had some 'weird' hands in my favour to, it just feel like a greater frequency of bad beats on sky but that may be due to the greater range of hands people seem to play of course, if you keep getting your money in with the best hand, you will receive more bad beats and you give, but that's a good thing (in a roundabout way)
    Posted by Codex
    Are you sure about that?
  • edited April 2015
    In Response to Re: "sky always rewards bingo playing morons" : Are you sure about that?
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    i'd like to say i was sure but the more i play the less sure i am
  • edited April 2015
    In Response to Re: "sky always rewards bingo playing morons" : But would you, really? I don't think you would, I know you better than that.  When we see " I lost 9 times out of 10" I generally take it with a pinch of salt. What most people mean is " it seems like I lose 9 out of 10". Selective memory does that to us. But variance is a mischievious little blighter, especially when in one of her foul moods.   Losing 9 out of 10 usually includes quite a few flips. 6? 7? Then we may lose to underpairs 1 or 2 times in 10. Nothing remarkable there.   Now let's look at it a different way.  I play a lot of PLO8 DYM's. This is the lowest variance format available. No game has less variance.   Let's assume I do not have an edge, but I'm no worse than most other players at this format.   What are the chances of me losing 9 of these out of 10? Pretty unlikely, I'd say. But my stats tell me I have lost 9 in a row several times.  In fact, my biggest losing streak is 13 (THIRTEEN) games.   Effectively, given the assumed relative ability as above, that's 13 flips in a row. Variance is quite a thing.      
    Posted by Tikay10
    TK, your sarcasm radar is malfunctioning, but I will overlook it as you have had a lot on your plate lately ;-)

hope to see you on the tables again soon....

Neil
  • edited April 2015
    In Response to Re: "sky always rewards bingo playing morons" : SHHHHHHH dont tell Mrs Duck
    Posted by stuarty117
    I am not a donk, I am a duck!!! ;)
    22 FTW!
  • edited April 2015
    Hand History #893457097 (23:35 04/04/2015)PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalanceHitTheAceSmall blind 40.0040.003895.00TwistfateBig blind 80.00120.002070.00 Your hole cardsQK   CodexRaise 200.00320.004020.00jimb0d1Fold    AM_HEREFold    steesh1913Call 200.00520.006567.50HitTheAceFold    TwistfateCall 120.00640.001950.00Flop  Q62   TwistfateCheck    CodexBet 380.001020.003640.00steesh1913All-in 6567.507587.500.00TwistfateFold    CodexAll-in 3640.0011227.500.00steesh1913Unmatched bet 2547.508680.002547.50CodexShowQK   steesh1913Show9A   Turn  8   River  3   steesh1913WinFlush to the Ace8680.00 11227.50
  • edited April 2015

Well that ^ proves it, Sky is absolutely bent because you lost a hand.

Never, in my 5 years of playing poker, have I seen top pair done over by runner runner cards. Shocking. Get on the blower to the authorities Codex, you've unearthed something that could shake the online poker industry to its core.

• edited April 2015
    Well that ^ proves it, Sky is absolutely bent because you lost a hand. Never, in my 5 years of playing poker, have I seen top pair done over by runner runner cards. Shocking. Get on the blower to the authorities Codex, you've unearthed something that could shake the online poker industry to its core.
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    I never said it was corrupt, i questioned the quality of the poker engine, and noone has responded to the questin of independant organisiation verifying online sites like this are legitimate

what im saying is hands like this happen too often, both in and out of my favour
  • edited April 2015
    In Response to Re: "sky always rewards bingo playing morons" : I never said it was corrupt, i questioned the quality of the poker engine, and noone has responded to the questin of independant organisiation verifying online sites like this are legitimate what im saying is hands like this happen too often, both in and out of my favour
    Posted by Codex
    hi codex,

your critique is one of the most calmly worded that we've seen here. however your real question should be more along the lines of why do you see it so often, as you have no justification to think there is something untoward until you have done the maths.

first i would suggest searching bbv for rng. there you will find all sorts of unfounded allegations, and also their counters. you will also find comments on the effectiveness of the regulatory bodies for poker.

second consider some maths. i posted this a while ago for tikay

Feller has this all worked out on p. 325 of An Introduction to Probability Theory and Its Applications, 3rd Edition, equation 7.11:
    qn∼1−px(r+1−rx)q⋅1xn+1
    where qn is the probability of no success run of length r in n trials, p is the probability of success, q=1−p, and x is the root near 1 of

1−x+qprxr+1=0

*formulae don't paste well into the forum - best go to the source for the equations

using that you find out it's almost 50:50 you'll get a run of 10 losing flips sometime in a year if you play 100 games a month. and a 90% chance of a run of at least 8

and for one lucky person that might be the first 10 games he plays
    so do question why these things happen, but look for the answer in stats not legitimacy

• edited April 2015
    Seeing a lot of silly comments on here, sky poker is regulated just like any other site for security and random number generation of the hands, it is fair and plays just as it would playing with cards in real life, the site isn't rigged your brains are. Poker is a game of skill, knowledge and variance (the run of the cards) without the knowledge skill and strategy a person will always be a losing player and think the variance that happens to them is due to a rigged site, its because you are a losing player and need to improve. Get on google and there is plenty of free material providing you with the information you need to improve and forums like this were if your lucky someone will coach you or give tips, poker is a game of entertainment for most and profit for the few that can be bothered to work hard, just like anything else in life.
  • edited April 2015
    Seeing a lot of silly comments on here, sky poker is regulated just like any other site for security and random number generation of the hands, it is fair and plays just as it would playing with cards in real life, the site isn't rigged your brains are. Poker is a game of skill, knowledge and variance (the run of the cards) without the knowledge skill and strategy a person will always be a losing player and think the variance that happens to them is due to a rigged site, its because you are a losing player and need to improve. Get on google and there is plenty of free material providing you with the information you need to improve and forums like this were if your lucky someone will coach you or give tips, poker is a game of entertainment for most and profit for the few that can be bothered to work hard, just like anything else in life.
    Posted by sudstah
    Best post I've read on here from a forum newbie.

Welcome to the madhouse.
  • edited May 2015
    Well here goes I have 379,000 hands played over 10 hour days sometimes you want me to post mine up.I spend 200/300 a week and today I'm sick of donks, chasers,people pushing preflop with 6/3 and hitting the straight against my AA.

It's constantly it's not real to the game, you know sometimes I think go all the way.my new name is SKYRIVER.COM please not that's a patned name.my name....