You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

* * * skypoker best player * * *

Comments

• edited April 2015
    Like it Aussie, I'd like to see a monthly and yearly one, top 300 would be good to include more people

Great stuff!

Graham
  • edited April 2015
    In Response to Re: * * * skypoker best player * * *:
    Like it Aussie, I'd like to see a monthly and yearly one, top 300 would be good to include more people Great stuff! Graham
    Posted by StayOrGo

thanks graham.... and vwp

• edited April 2015
    In Response to Re: * * * skypoker best player * * * : thanks graham.... and vwp
    Posted by aussie09
    Cheers Aussie.

My son says thanks too. He's Limp2Lose (doing OK as well)

Thanks,

Graham
  • edited April 2015
    Like it Aussie, I'd like to see a monthly and yearly one, top 300 would be good to include more people Great stuff! Graham
    Posted by StayOrGo
    I agree. Great stuff Aussie, i think this is valuable information for anyone who plays on this site and I reckon will serve to boost motivstion and turnout for more players.

Also just a query about how the table is compiled, which at the moment is done by highest points to lowest. Basically I think it could be useful to see the current table filtered to see the top 300 in order of how many games played, then you could see player performance based around the volume being put in. Or maybe it's not that big a deal. Thoughts guys?
  • edited April 2015
    One thing this table points out, is how resilient even the best poker players have to be!

Congrats to kc8 on having the lead and 8 wins out of 345 games.

He still had to cope however, with being beaten 338 times during this period :=)

It's a tough way for an easy living! :=)

Cheers,

Graham
  • edited April 2015
    One thing this table points out, is how resilient even the best poker players have to be! Congrats to kc8 on having the lead and 8 wins out of 345 games. He still had to cope however, with being beaten 338 times during this period :=) It's a tough way for an easy living! :=) Cheers, Graham
    Posted by StayOrGo
    Or 337 even! I'm passed it, brain's gone
  • edited April 2015
    Maybe just add the points per game value as an extra column.....
    Posted by Benchmark

Actually this would be a very good idea. This would give a better idea of the better player than the total of points based on sheer volume.

If you don't want to add more columns, combined the up and down directions and magnitude columns by just showing last month's position in brackets or something
  • edited April 2015
    Just a thought Aussie, seems people really like this! What about a monthly and yearly one, but updated as it's in progress on a weekly basis?

Cheers,

Graham
  • edited April 2015
    Sigh.

We're gonna need a 'Sky Poker Best Looking Player' thread for me to make an impact.

I should go start that now.
  • edited April 2015
    this is amazing I love it Keep it how it is :D
  • edited April 2015
    What a fantastic job Aussie. Really appreciate your time and effort in putting this together. I love a challenge so will be trying to climb the table.
  • edited April 2015
    I love the **mtt** threads and love this. I'm a bit of a stato so it's great reading for me. I agree wth what a few of the lads have said about having a points per game table.

Personally the tables/threads have given me the motivation to get my backside logged on more and play cos I want to top one of the tables (not that it's likely to happen) but it's great fun trying.

Just to touch on what Jordz said. It has also helped me look at the stats in a sense of  where I'm at. For example I seem to have a good ft to win ratio and good ITM to FT ration however, I don't seem to be making the money as often as I'd like.

This has made me review the way I play in the early - mid stages and I'm hoping this'll help me get deep more often.

KUTG fella. Awesome stuff.
  • edited April 2015
    Now can you produce the worst players list so I can at least top something?

:D
  • edited April 2015
    In Response to Re: * * * skypoker best player * * * : I agree. Great stuff Aussie, i think this is valuable information for anyone who plays on this site and I reckon will serve to boost motivstion and turnout for more players. Also just a query about how the table is compiled, which at the moment is done by highest points to lowest. Basically I think it could be useful to see the current table filtered to see the top 300 in order of how many games played, then you could see player performance based around the volume being put in. Or maybe it's not that big a deal. Thoughts guys?
    Posted by MilitantG
    cheers militant.

i have now added a column to show rate.  that is points divided by games.

• edited April 2015
    One thing this table points out, is how resilient even the best poker players have to be! Congrats to kc8 on having the lead and 8 wins out of 345 games. He still had to cope however, with being beaten 338 times during this period :=) It's a tough way for an easy living! :=) Cheers, Graham
    Posted by StayOrGo

yes, wp to kc8.  it must be tough coping.

• edited April 2015
    In Response to Re: * * * skypoker best player * * * : Actually this would be a very good idea. This would give a better idea of the better player than the total of points based on sheer volume. If you don't want to add more columns, combined the up and down directions and magnitude columns by just showing last month's position in brackets or something
    Posted by FCHD
    done.  column added.

• edited April 2015
    Just a thought Aussie, seems people really like this! What about a monthly and yearly one, but updated as it's in progress on a weekly basis? Cheers, Graham
    Posted by StayOrGo

the feedback has bee helpful.  i am contemplating what is best. 

i like tables that change.  i like tables that are published regularly.  i like the data to be meaningful.

a 4 week rolling table of the top 200 points winners published every sunday seems to fit.

unfortunately, this requires lots of work to set up and i have spent two days working out the best way of achieving this.  i think i have the right procedures and know what is required.

i currently produce, daily, monthly and yearly figures.  but these are different.  they are most useful if we are looking for best player in different categories for a period.  most useful if we were giving a prize e.g. most wins in february, or best headhunter july.  the absence of prizes is a shame really.  skypoker are missing a business opportunity, imo.

i think i will continue producing these tables.  but there are over 100 of them. 

this particular one, is fast becoming my favourite.

• edited April 2015
    Sigh. We're gonna need a 'Sky Poker Best Looking Player' thread for me to make an impact. I should go start that now.
    Posted by Slipwater
    hi sliipy,

your thread is "Looking Good"

• edited April 2015
    this is amazing I love it Keep it how it is :D
    Posted by whitebeast

thanks beast.

• edited April 2015
    What a fantastic job Aussie. Really appreciate your time and effort in putting this together. I love a challenge so will be trying to climb the table.
    Posted by thisltedu

thanks thistle. 

ps   go on, go on, go on.  get up there.

• edited April 2015
    I love the **mtt** threads and love this. I'm a bit of a stato so it's great reading for me. I agree wth what a few of the lads have said about having a points per game table. Personally the tables/threads have given me the motivation to get my backside logged on more and play cos I want to top one of the tables (not that it's likely to happen) but it's great fun trying. Just to touch on what Jordz said. It has also helped me look at the stats in a sense of  where I'm at. For example I seem to have a good ft to win ratio and good ITM to FT ration however, I don't seem to be making the money as often as I'd like. This has made me review the way I play in the early - mid stages and I'm hoping this'll help me get deep more often. KUTG fella. Awesome stuff.
    Posted by cowhead
    really appreciated cow.

we can see quite a lot if we know where to look.

cheers.

• edited April 2015
    Now can you produce the worst players list so I can at least top something? :D
    Posted by gerardirl

hi gerard.

yes, i can do that.  i have many other leagues however they will remain unpublished.  i am sure there will be a league where you and i are at the top. 

• edited April 2015

there have been 21 votes.

5 people have voted that i should stop.  can those people please say why?  it would be helpful to read everyone's view.

• edited April 2015

skypoker best player    

Wednesday 29 April              

1,230 players in 15 tournaments              
    Charts for past 28 days with change since last report      
    points per game; 1st=10, 2nd=7, 3rd=5, FT=3, cash=1 point.      

Points played      score    rate 1st 2nd 3rd FT cash
    1 up 1 bearlyther 11 22 2.0 1 1 1 3 3
    2 new   philrafs 3 15 5.0   1 1 3 3
    3     MAXALLY 3 13 4.3 1     2 2
    4     Kerrnal 7 13 1.9 1     1 4
    5 up 8 RyanC7 6 10 1.7 1     1 1
    6 down 1 hmmheis 3 10 3.3 1     1 1

rate column added. 

• edited April 2015
    I was thinking that, regarding the anonimity. If that is the case, I think players could opt out and you could give them an alias. i.e. the highest placed player who opted out would be 'player 1', even though player 1 the following week would possibly be someone else.

Natch, I'll be changing my alias to 'player 1'.
  • edited April 2015
    I was thinking that, regarding the anonimity. If that is the case, I think players could opt out and you could give them an alias. i.e. the highest placed player who opted out would be 'player 1', even though player 1 the following week would possibly be someone else. Natch, I'll be changing my alias to 'player 1'.
    Posted by Benchmark

hi bench. 

i am going with neither opt in nor opt out.  all the data i use is readily available for all to see and everyone can produce similar tables if they want to put the hours in, each and every day.

no alias for an alias.

incidentally, i have never published tables that show the biggest losing player.  i have never published a player's card showing an individual's performance without a request from them to do so.  this is mainly about celebrating those who are the best and who improve the most.

• edited April 2015
    The contribution you make to this site and this forum are commendable. No matter how you tweak these tables, they'll never be quite right to everyone. In my opinion, they are a little too weighted towards finishing 1st. To take an example from the points table above: Matt Bates made 18 final tables, won 2, had 4 seconds and 3 thirds. So he finished in the top half of the FT exactly 9 times out of 18. I guess his spread was roughly 3 fourth places, 3 fifth places and 3 sixth places as well! All of these finishes were probably as meritorous as each other as stacks are usually very shallow at the business end of a MTT; it would be hard to argue that Matt played better when he won than when he finished 3rd.
    Posted by BigBluster
    MTTs are all about the wins though, for me making 18 FTs and only winning 2 times isn't good. You cant win everytime but I would expect a much higher wins %.
    The points system should favour wins and while you can argue about the exact points it seems fine to me atm.
  • edited May 2015
    Great work as always sir!

Couldn't find your other thread - any chance of a player card for me so far in 2015 an one for each month?

Thank you and keep it up :)
  • edited May 2015
    Great work as always sir! Couldn't find your other thread - any chance of a player card for me so far in 2015 an one for each month? Thank you and keep it up :)
    Posted by Nuggy962

thanks nuggy

i will post your player cards on another thread to keep them all in one place.

one for 2015 and one for april.

• edited May 2015
    Just loving ya work....